Photo

Windows Update Wont Work

4 replies to this topic
mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

I posted this problem a while back and the only replies I got was to reinstall my whole system. And the problem is I lost the installation CD for this laptop im using right now.

Before you read below, im running on Vista Home Premium..

My whole laptop is wrecked meaning I cant run any programs thats associated with Microsoft Framework 3.5 because its not installed and cant install it and my Framework is still on 2.0.. (I cant run iTunes, Norton Anti Virus & many more)

I downloaded Microsoft Framework 3.5 manually on the Microsoft website and I get an error that tells me to install Framework 3.0.. I try that too and doesnt work either.. It tells me to install a Service Pack for Windows XP...???

Also I cant back my computer up to last year when it was working perfect.. Because I cant run System Restore either..

Here are the error screenshots:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the solution for this problem and can help me with it.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Your system clearly has issues that there doesn't appear to be a easy fix for. Only option I can suggest is to reinstall Windows. If you lost your CD, there's not really much we can do about it for you. You'll need to get your hands on a new copy of Windows so you can reinstall somehow (read between the lines - hint hint, wink wink). If you laptop handled Vista, it can handle Windows 7 too. Gives you another option.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

What update is Windows Update trying to install? I've had one or two updates from MS that have refused to install because of something already on the system. Also for the Shadow copy services, look in services and check that the service is actually running or set to manual / auto and not disabled.

mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Apr 18 2010, 21:18)
What update is Windows Update trying to install? I've had one or two updates from MS that have refused to install because of something already on the system. Also for the Shadow copy services, look in services and check that the service is actually running or set to manual / auto and not disabled.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update

mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

In conclusion with other solutions on other boards that didnt work I made the decision to install Windows 7..
However I have some questions..

Will it remove all my programs and files?

Do you need service pack 2 and Framework 3.5 of Vista to install it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users