Quantcast

» «
Photo

This is a crime-based game, we want guns!

38 replies to this topic
Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:01 PM

I completely understand there are alot of topics already like this, but I need to express my views. Well... I don't need to, but I'd like to.

Anyways, I just don't understand why there are only 3 weapons in each weapon slot. For instance, on IV, hell, there's only 2 pistols! Honestly, in New York city, there are going to be hundreds of different pistols that people carry. Some might be more common, but if you were to line each individual gun up, there'd be tons of variety. I think instead of being 3 of each type of gun, there's more like 30. The same goes for practically every game, Call of Duty MW2, etc etc.

I'd also like weapon customization, obviously nothing like a green camouflage, extended mags, a scope, a silencer, armour peircing bullets etc. But let's at least be able to put a silencer on our guns - for a fee. Imagine how interesting it'd be to just get in gun fights this time around. Each person might have a gun with different amounts of bullets that can be in a clip. Meaning that the chances are, one person will still be firing at you, whilst the other guy is reloading - making it harder for you to time your shots while both people are off guard.

Although it wouldn't drain all of your money, it'd be something else to spend your money on, when you go inside an Ammunation, you can get either:

A glock
A desert eagle
A colt 45
A revolver
A beretta
The list is endless.

Apologies for babbling on, but not just for our sake, but for improved realism, why not add more guns? If you think about it, it is a little weird every single armed person has a glock on them. With the exception for the FIB etc.

I've been reading through other posts, and the amount of people that disagree with my idea is crazy? Why would you not want to improve a game? I don't see what's to lose by doing it. If you don't like the vast range of guns, use the same gun over and over. Nobody's asking for you to pick up a slightly different rifle.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:08 PM Edited by WF the Hobgoblin, 18 April 2010 - 06:14 PM.

I'd also like to see a wider variety of gun models, particularly pistols. I'm not really a fan of glocks or deagles. I'd like to see berettas, usps and sig sauers.

More melee weapons too, like in vice city.

Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Apr 18 2010, 18:08)
I'd also like to see a wider variety of gun models, particularly pistols. I'm not really a fan of glocks or deagles. I'd like to see berettas, usps and sig sauers.

My point exactly, I couldn't think of any particular makes, but just like you said, the variety could be alot bigger. I hope Rockstar take this into consideration.

IMO, the glock wasn't powerful enough (unless you got headshots), and the Deagle was too overpowered.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

Like I said before, GTA IV is comparable to GTA III. Notice how GTA III had just one slot for every category, and GTA IV had two (not counting DLCs). So I would say the next installment (if it's not the next era), would be comparable to VC (not necessarily set in Vice City, although), probably with loads of melee weapons, and approx. three different weapons in the other categories pre-DLC.

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

Yeah, it's a crime based game so 2 or 3 weapons per slot is enough. It isn't a military based game. Imagine a gangster with a minigun, five pistols and about four assault rifles. Unrealistic. Also, customising weapons wouldn't be realistic either.

IllnessGTA
  • IllnessGTA

Wannabe killer

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Apr 18 2010, 18:08)

More melee weapons too, like in vice city.

Agree with the melee weapons; a lot of melee weapons would be awesome like not just knives or baseball bats but screw drivers, machetes, wrenches, hammers and chainsaws because lots of people have them so it wouldn't be hard to get your hands on it. That was one problem about IV and the DLCs.

psp1999
  • psp1999

gta 4 addict

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

cant forget anaconda

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:28 PM Edited by D- Ice, 19 April 2010 - 04:29 AM.

Now, do you even know the ballistic differences between a Glock and a Beretta, except the fact that they are different looking guns?
Would it even make the slightest difference if an enemy has a Glock or a Beretta? They are both 9mm semi-automatics, and thus fulfil the same niche in a crime-based video game. GTA is not, and I hope will never become, an accurate gun-totting ballistically infallable shooter. It is a crime game, and as such should be focused on crime.

And since you horrendously fail to make the distinction between crime and gun violence, do you have any idea just how much of all criminal acts revolve around firearms? The answer is a ridiculously negligable amount - so much so that I believe many GTA titles' centering on gunplay is their biggest downfall.

You are completely right in saying GTA should be focused on crime, and I completely agree with you on that. But crime is only very rarely shootouts - and when these happen most criminals worldwide use the same guns; 9mms, SMGs and AKs and sometimes shotguns. The game should also accurately cover other crimes such as theft, racketeering, blackmail and other types of violence, in addition to the gun violence which it seems to be ridiculously centred on.

These can all be made into really fun games and side-missions - I absolutely loved the Home Invader mission and side-missions in GTA SA. Imagine others for all the other types of crime, it'll really make GTA so much better than it currently is IMO.

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

This is Grand Theft AUTO. It's about the vehicles, less about the weapons. Having 2 is plenty, though i'd like silenced weapons/weapon customisation. Heck, GTA isn't even a Shooter, it's an action/adventure games. Guns, are guns. Nobody cares that a M9 shoots a bit worse than a 1911 or something. But some things could indeed be better:
1: More melee weapons. A chainsaw addition or something other brute would be awesome. Machete!
2: Weapon modifying. Like a silencer.
3: More different guns or rifles. I'd prefer having 2 different rifles over 3 almost identic rifles. What would you like? M4, AK and SCAR, or AK and M14?
4: More brute weapons. I'd like more 'heavy' weapons. Miniguns, heat-seeking missiles and such.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Well no sh*t there are a lot of guns to name but GTA doesn't use the licensed names or anything, they do Pistol, Combat Pistol, etc. Why have 20 guns with roughly the same performance? 3 weapons in each slot gives variety while each gun having a distinct purpose. Its not like I wanna be buying guns and thinking to myself HMM SHOULD I USE THIS REMINGTON 870 OR THIS MOSSBERG 500!?
I say keep 3 weapons per slot, but maybe have them come in different flavors. Like for a regular Pistol you can find a Glock or a Beretta, they'd be the same gun performance wise and it would just be a cosmetic/sound difference.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

You're right, it's a crime-based game, not a military shooter.

Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

If that was the case, why do guns exist? why are there even different types of guns, and why do people get hold of them? you're telling me every single hmm.. gangster in L.A has a glock? I'm sure they have all different types of pistols? Are they in the military? No.

My point being, however you guys percieve the title, or however much you disagree with me, I believe there should be a wider variety of guns. If you guys want more melee weapons - "This isn't a kitchen, a baseball field or whatever" Same goes for melee weapons.

I'm pretty sure most people would like a few more weapons, even if it's not a huge increase.

BlueCheer
  • BlueCheer

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Assailant @ Apr 18 2010, 21:07)
If that was the case, why do guns exist? why are there even different types of guns, and why do people get hold of them? you're telling me every single hmm.. gangster in L.A has a glock? I'm sure they have all different types of pistols? Are they in the military? No.

My point being, however you guys percieve the title, or however much you disagree with me, I believe there should be a wider variety of guns. If you guys want more melee weapons - "This isn't a kitchen, a baseball field or whatever" Same goes for melee weapons.

I'm pretty sure most people would like a few more weapons, even if it's not a huge increase.

what more could you possibly want that would be a useful addition to the games arsenal?

Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:28 PM Edited by Assailant, 18 April 2010 - 10:34 PM.

It's not to benefit us in a way that a new gun does more damage, it's mainly to add realism. Not that this is Oblivion or anything, but finding a new gun that you've never used before would at least be interesting. Not to the extent that it's a new 'artefact' or anything such as what you'd find in Oblivion, e.g. a new sword. But just having the ability to find new weapons that you never knew existed. Imagine completing the game, then thinking in your head, "hehe, this guy probably has some crappy glock" - then he turns out to have an automatic G18 or something.

EDIT: To go into a little more detail, it'd be finding that perfect gun. Some people might want to sacrifice power for a more accurate gun, whereas other players might like a freakin' powerful gun with a crazy amount of spread and recoil. Each gun could have their own stats, and each gun would suit different people.

Plus like I said earlier, it doesn't have to be like 50 new guns, it could be like 2 new guns per type. IMO I'd prefer a vast range, but yeah, that's just me.

mrcappo
  • mrcappo

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

What about customizing guns?
Go to the shop and buy attachments for your guns..
Example: a silencor, explosive bullets, red dot laser, grenade launcher, etc

Lunatic8randon
  • Lunatic8randon

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (mrcappo @ Apr 18 2010, 23:49)
What about customizing guns?
Go to the shop and buy attachments for your guns..
Example: a silencor, explosive bullets, red dot laser, grenade launcher, etc

GTA is in third person so no need for sights. Explosive bullets just f*ck the game up. Why the hell would you need a grenade launcher on your guns? We have a weapon slot for that. The game shouldn't revolve around stealth so just have one or two silenced weapons available.

Cyrus H
  • Cyrus H

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Assailant @ Apr 18 2010, 18:01)
I completely understand there are alot of topics already like this, but I need to express my views. Well... I don't need to, but I'd like to.

Anyways, I just don't understand why there are only 3 weapons in each weapon slot. For instance, on IV, hell, there's only 2 pistols! Honestly, in New York city, there are going to be hundreds of different pistols that people carry. Some might be more common, but if you were to line each individual gun up, there'd be tons of variety. I think instead of being 3 of each type of gun, there's more like 30. The same goes for practically every game, Call of Duty MW2, etc etc.

I'd also like weapon customization, obviously nothing like a green camouflage, extended mags, a scope, a silencer, armour peircing bullets etc. But let's at least be able to put a silencer on our guns - for a fee. Imagine how interesting it'd be to just get in gun fights this time around. Each person might have a gun with different amounts of bullets that can be in a clip. Meaning that the chances are, one person will still be firing at you, whilst the other guy is reloading - making it harder for you to time your shots while both people are off guard.

Although it wouldn't drain all of your money, it'd be something else to spend your money on, when you go inside an Ammunation, you can get either:

A glock
A desert eagle
A colt 45
A revolver
A beretta
The list is endless.

Apologies for babbling on, but not just for our sake, but for improved realism, why not add more guns? If you think about it, it is a little weird every single armed person has a glock on them. With the exception for the FIB etc.

I've been reading through other posts, and the amount of people that disagree with my idea is crazy? Why would you not want to improve a game? I don't see what's to lose by doing it. If you don't like the vast range of guns, use the same gun over and over. Nobody's asking for you to pick up a slightly different rifle.

What would be the point of putting a Beretta handgun in the game, when the Glock fits the bill perfectly?

The Glock semi-automatic pistol is cheap, durable, and uses the same ammunition as the Beretta (9 x 19 mm Parabellum).

Clearly, it is superior to the crappy Beretta.

Same thing with the Colt Python, why have one of those when you have a semi-automatic pistol that is chambered in the same round and has a higher capacity (the .357 Magnum variant of the Desert Eagle)?

Think logical, not tacticool.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (IllnessGTA @ Apr 18 2010, 20:04)
Yeah, it's a crime based game so 2 or 3 weapons per slot is enough. It isn't a military based game. Imagine a gangster with a minigun, five pistols and about four assault rifles. Unrealistic. Also, customising weapons wouldn't be realistic either.

f*ck realistic up it's ass, I want a:

mini gun, flamethrower, rpg, and a big 50 cal gun you see on mythbusters for the heavy weapon slot.

AK47, M16, M4 (I don't know any others so not too bothered) for Assault rifles.

Loads of smg's/micro smg's - tec9, uzi, mp5, M11 etc

I don't know any hand gun names, except Colt.45, desert eagle, glock, and magnum, I want them all and more. I definately want a six shooter gun of some kind, and a silenced 'magazine clip' type gun.

Anything you can pick up as a mele weapon, plus katana, broadsword, bat, pipe, golf club, telescopic kosh.

I don't understand why anyone would say "this would be a better game if you had less options" or "I wish that gun was not on the game, it's ruining it"

I want more, more, more. If you don't like it, don't buy it. (the guns I mean.)

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

I will like to see a wide variety of firearms as well as weapons customisation (WC). Despite a lot of naysayers here and their reasons, I would like to see more options on weapons in GTA V.

Assailant
  • Assailant

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Little William @ Apr 19 2010, 09:04)
I will like to see a wide variety of firearms as well as weapons customisation (WC). Despite a lot of naysayers here and their reasons, I would like to see more options on weapons in GTA V.

My point exactly. I really don't see why people are adament about more guns. It adds more realism, like people have said, if they don't wanna use a new guns - don't!

AKIRA-SAN
  • AKIRA-SAN

GTA Traditionalist

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

I really don't see the point of wide variety of weapons as well as WC. The weapons in IV represented the standard, as these weapons are most commonly used by criminals. Why are you gun nuts want to complicated the standard by adding all types of ridiculous weapons? I want the standard weapons in IV to be kept, and get rid of those ridiculously stupid weapons such as the explosive shotgun and crap like that for it doesn't suit GTA.

smeagol
  • smeagol

Razmataz

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (the nameless @ Apr 19 2010, 16:43)
QUOTE (IllnessGTA @ Apr 18 2010, 20:04)

f*ck realistic up it's ass, I want a:

mini gun, flamethrower, rpg, and a big 50 cal gun you see on mythbusters for the heavy weapon slot.

AK47, M16, M4 (I don't know any others so not too bothered) for Assault rifles.

Loads of smg's/micro smg's - tec9, uzi, mp5, M11 etc

I don't know any hand gun names, except Colt.45, desert eagle, glock, and magnum, I want them all and more. I definately want a six shooter gun of some kind, and a silenced 'magazine clip' type gun.

Anything you can pick up as a mele weapon, plus katana, broadsword, bat, pipe, golf club, telescopic kosh.

I don't understand why anyone would say "this would be a better game if you had less options" or "I wish that gun was not on the game, it's ruining it"

I want more, more, more. If you don't like it, don't buy it. (the guns I mean.)

I Agree icon14.gif

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

I don't understand why people are so against the idea. How can adding a few more guns be detrimental to the game?

For me, it's purely cosmetic. The glock is the weapon I use the most in IV because I like pistols but i still don't really like the look of glocks. I'd much rather a beretta or sig, mostly because i prefer the look of them.

I think there should be at least a few more models in each class so people have the choice. If you don't care then you can stick with your crappy glock, but i want my 92FS and P226.

streetthug
  • streetthug

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

Yeah... The GUns in Gta4 are pretty nice. They are the standards for criminals.
Maybe just more variations and choices of Melee weapon, Pistols, shotguns, SMG, Rifles, Sniper rifle and Thrown weapons. and the good old RPG... Maybe a Stinger is good.

I haet Mudkipz
  • I haet Mudkipz

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (AKIRA-SAN @ Apr 19 2010, 09:54)
I really don't see the point of wide variety of weapons as well as WC. The weapons in IV represented the standard, as these weapons are most commonly used by criminals. Why are you gun nuts want to complicated the standard by adding all types of ridiculous weapons? I want the standard weapons in IV to be kept, and get rid of those ridiculously stupid weapons such as the explosive shotgun and crap like that for it doesn't suit GTA.

Why do you even bother playing GTA, or any vidya gaems for that matter when it's obvious you don't like fun or variety. Back on topic: TC, seems like you'd enjoy my gun topic. Is that what you have in mind?

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:42 PM Edited by The_Mario_Man, 19 April 2010 - 06:46 PM.

I'm a weapon enthusiast too, but having so many different options for a single category is unnecessary.

The majority of weapons in GTA games are based off what films and TV have depicted criminals to always use (Uzis, AK-47s, Glocks, etc). Having 300 weapons is stupid if 280 of them function exactly the same as the remaining 20.

Customization is a pretty stupid aspect too. What good would a red dot sight do in a third person game? As far as silencers go, unless they completely revamp the stealth element from what it was in San Andreas, putting a silencer on any weapon would be a waste of effort/money. There were only about 3 missions in the game that focused on concealment, and if you had enough ammo you didn't even have to hide at all.

If they absolutely HAVE to add more weapons, they should just make the models vary for each gun. If you buy a "9mm Pistol" the model will be either a Glock or a Baretta. But I can only see that working for pistols.

Cyrus H
  • Cyrus H

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Little William @ Apr 19 2010, 09:04)

... But you already said in another topic that you conceded weapons customization as being a bad and redundant idea. mercie_blink.gif

Grand Theft Auto IV is a video game based on crime and it does provide guns, so what the #### is the problem?

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:25 AM

I think there should be 2-4 weapons per slot as it for pistols...
Example:9mm (glock)
9mm full auto (like in TLAD I used this gun a lot I donít know the exact model can someone tell me please)
Deagle
44. (like the one in TBOGT)
The only slot where more than this could work in my mind is melee like machete's and katana's and hard ware supplies (like in VC) that might work, also I think that some slots need only 1-2 weapons take the special slot for example the RPG destroys anything in its radius and you don't need a million weapons that blow the sh*t out of cars and human flesh. Also I think silencers should be the only customization option if there was customization in the next GTA and it should only be for hand guns and snipers and maybe SMGs, silencer an assault rifle is well pretty much pointless as some even after the "silent treatment" are well still relatively loud.

On exploding shells I liked them but I really don't care if they go or not though they are useful in heave combat.

Well those are my thoughts on things

Lunatic8randon
  • Lunatic8randon

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Can you tell me the point of an automatic weapon in the pistol slot when we have a whole slot for that? I could understand something like the Beretta 93 Raffica or M93R, whatever you want to call it, that fires in three round burst. The automatic 9mm felt useless in TLAD.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:02 AM Edited by Mr.c TO the J, 20 April 2010 - 02:25 AM.

The only down fall to it was the clip size was to small you had to reload over and over, but that is just my opinion on things. Also I was useing it as an example and I didn't say it had to be in the next GTA.

Also its 2 weapon slots for fully auto weapons SMGs, and assault rifles and occasionally a shotgun is fully auto, as in the assault shotgun in TLAD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users