• Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 8 2010, 01:43)
QUOTE (Killatomate @ May 7 2010, 23:38)
QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 8 2010, 01:18)
[...]the speed gets updated each tick[...]

did you include "smoothing"? i am very sure the displayed speed is averaged over 1 second.

Nope it is realtime, it runs right in the tick, which would be logical, as why would I delay anything. [...]

ok, thanks for your answer. smile.gif
I play at 60 fps and i didnt have this delay when i was using oinkoink's speedometer.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:18 AM

RD EFLC 1.1 has already been approved! thx to GtaGarage for the fast approval! icon14.gif

Download:
http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5529

turn.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Yeah I have the same like sjaak, if I press instant break the speedometer goes to 0 immediately, I don't use other speedometers because they are not precise. I'm not talking about 45.567 Km/h, but usually those speedometers show speeds you can't achieve in GTA, like you can do 300 Km/h while the "terminal velocity" in GTA is 288.)

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

any feedback on release 1.1 yet?

How do you like the new skylift handling? it's the most difficult vehicle so far, any problems with hovering?
Did you try Nixolas' magnet mod?

How do you like the reworked "high car damage" handling version?

Important: did you have any trouble installing the mod? (GTA IV v1.06)
Did you solve the problem? How?

Important: Do you have any problems with wheelspin (sports cars, bikes) when driving with keyboard?
Any problems on wet roads?

Important: are there any suspension problems with cars? did you see bouncing vehicles? (Rancher, Patriot, Moonbeam, police cars)
if so, how many frames per second do you have in such situations?

how do you like the TLAD bike handling?
There has been no criticism yet (except for scaled down top speed, which is inevitable due to stupid AI)

"gang war" enemies in default TLAD take up to 23 rifle hits before dying, is there a need to rework weapons?

===============================================================
if you continue this "no feedback at all" policy, then i will discontinue this mod. i am sick of testing and developing everything by myself. all alone. with no feedback, no support.
sneaky2.gif

MadcapSmoky22
  • MadcapSmoky22

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

1. It's amazing, but you have to use extreme caution if you're not experienced, you can crash easily. The working magnet is great addition to this, but btw Sjaak added it to his trainer and it's a little better than Nixo's one.
2. It's great for me, because I have made really realistic weapon damage and specs/stats and all, (SWAT gets killed with 3-5 AK shots, one shotgun shell to leg is enough) and vehicles got destroyed really easy.
3.No, there's no damn reason that it wouldn't work on newest GTA, omg.
4. No, I also totally love the fact and realism in it, that if I'll drive a sport car, and turn a little bit left/right with heavy gas on, it will just turn a little bit and you will see tire smoke and some gum left on road icon14.gif instead of doing a full turn like in Vanilla handling.
5. No, the Cavalcade jumps a bit when driving on cocky roads (the wheels I mean, and you can hear the suspension) but it's really realistic and only if you'll drive like retard.
6. They're great and I can finally drive "dynamicly" (I can do sharp turns how they should, etc)
7. No, I'll do 3 versions of realistic weapon handling (very realistic, good balancment, and arcade near like normal) them send them to you and you'll choose if you'll include 'em.

@to all noobs thinking Sjaak speed-o-meter was showing the actual speed: I f*cking lol'd.

And please support the mod, it's really great and it would be stupid to let it die because if you ingorants! (xD)

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 08 May 2010 - 07:43 PM Edited by sjaak327, 08 May 2010 - 07:45 PM.

^

@to all noobs thinking Sjaak speed-o-meter was showing the actual speed: I f*cking lol'd.

It does.. If you think it doesn't you more likely the noob here. Not sure how you figure it doesn't, computer programs don't lie. It is using the game engine's own data. It cannot be incorrect, that's how simple it really is. There is no margin for error at all.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

1 more proof that sjaak's speedometer is good that you can see the numbers getting bigger and bigger. Even if I floor my hayabusa turbo bike, I can see every number from 1 to 100 (except for being extremely fast).

Anyway as I've said vehicles need to be faster, other than that it's awesome. Bikes should have stiff as f*ck suspensions and even less drag (better aerodynamics) then cars (so they'll reach top speed faster).
Unfortunately I didn't have time to try out the newest handling, so I can't say anything about it. smile.gif

MadcapSmoky22
  • MadcapSmoky22

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 8 2010, 19:43)
^

It does.. If you think it doesn't you more likely the noob here. Not sure how you figure it doesn't, computer programs don't lie. It is using the game engine's own data. It cannot be incorrect, that's how simple it really is. There is no margin for error at all.

I'm not saying it's superb bad, but YOU CAN'T GET THE RIGHT SPEED BEING SHOWN IN TEXT. It just changes too fast to make it show right, speedometer in text will NEVER show you the actual real speed, and that is.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (MadcapSmoky22 @ May 9 2010, 14:42)
QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 8 2010, 19:43)
^

I'm not saying it's superb bad, but YOU CAN'T GET THE RIGHT SPEED BEING SHOWN IN TEXT. It just changes too fast to make it show right, speedometer in text will NEVER show you the actual real speed, and that is.

Absolute bollocks, it is updated in tick=contineously, there is no difference between showing it in text or using a needle really.

Or do you suppos the needle goes up without any code ? Of course it doesn't, so either you spend two lines of code to get it in text, or by updating a graphical image, it will take the same processing speed (actually the text will use less processing at that)..

MadcapSmoky22
  • MadcapSmoky22

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:59 PM

Okay I have to say I didn't tested it in newest versions, but in some of the old ones (4.x) if you'll hit a car at high speed, your speed will update after 0,8 second...not imaddiately... (sh*t, spelled it wrong, didn't I?)

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:06 PM Edited by sjaak327, 09 May 2010 - 03:23 PM.

QUOTE (MadcapSmoky22 @ May 9 2010, 14:59)
Okay I have to say I didn't tested it in newest versions, but in some of the old ones (4.x) if you'll hit a car at high speed, your speed will update after 0,8 second...not imaddiately... (sh*t, spelled it wrong, didn't I?)

That's what Killatomate also said, but I cannot reproduce it on my system, the speed is at zero immediately. The speedometer code in trainer hasn't been updated anyway, so the latest version is the same as the first version where the speedo appeared.

Enough of the off topic, sorry smile.gif

On topic, I am sure going to check this out, can't wait to see the skylift handling and the buzzard, as they both suck in vanilla smile.gif

Edit to add, the handling of the buzzard is indeed great !. Great job.

MadcapSmoky22
  • MadcapSmoky22

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 9 2010, 15:06)
QUOTE (MadcapSmoky22 @ May 9 2010, 14:59)

That's what Killatomate also said, but I cannot reproduce it on my system, the speed is at zero immediately. The speedometer code in trainer hasn't been updated anyway, so the latest version is the same as the first version where the speedo appeared.

Enough of the off topic, sorry smile.gif

On topic, I am sure going to check this out, can't wait to see the skylift handling and the buzzard, as they both suck in vanilla smile.gif

Okay then, let's stop our fight/offtopic. Yeah I'm looking forward for testing those too, can't wait to make airstrike with buzzard on Statue Of Hapiness biggrin.gif

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

looks like it has happened. i am not working on this mod any longer.
there is no criticism, no bugs, no feedback, no suggestions - so i assume you are completely happy with version 1.1

development is discontinued. moto_whistle.gif

purbaboy
  • purbaboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

For EFLC , is this mod required ASI loader like in GTA4 vanilla patch 1.0.6.0 ?

thx b4 for your reply.. smile.gif

sry for my bad english.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (purbaboy @ Jun 13 2010, 06:13)
For EFLC , is this mod required ASI loader like in GTA4 vanilla patch 1.0.6.0 ?

thx b4 for your reply.. smile.gif

sry for my bad english.

No it's not, as it's a handling mod, and not a script mod.

headman
  • headman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Killatomate @ May 23 2010, 19:33)
looks like it has happened. i am not working on this mod any longer.
there is no criticism, no bugs, no feedback, no suggestions - so i assume you are completely happy with version 1.1

development is discontinued.  moto_whistle.gif

I'm lovin' your mod, great work! Have not tried every vehicle yet but all seems good. What about the realistic weapon damage mod?

-Bone-
  • -Bone-

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

I tried the mod, professional job as usual! I however miss the keyboard version of this modification with about 25% less acceleration. Also, about 25% less top speed and 25% more break force would be nice, what values to change to get these results?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (-Bone- @ Jun 24 2010, 01:37)
I tried the mod, professional job as usual! I however miss the keyboard version of this modification with about 25% less acceleration. Also, about 25% less top speed and 25% more break force would be nice

what values to change to get these results?

you would have to change about 120 handling lines one by one...

you would have to increase drag, decrease transmission force and to mess with tire properties wink.gif

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:25 AM

since my last (and maybe final) release was the first one to be released without a video (and since i have no life)
i made a new video!

Link

i hope you like it tounge2.gif

BiroZombie
  • BiroZombie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:39 AM

All I have is GTA4, and not Episode From Liberty City. Should I download EFLC 1.1 or just Realistic Driving & Flying mod 2.7...or does it even matter which one I download?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (BiroZombie @ Sep 2 2010, 09:39)
All I have is GTA4, and not Episode From Liberty City. Should I download EFLC 1.1 or just Realistic Driving & Flying mod 2.7...or does it even matter which one I download?

RD EFLC 1.1 is the latest version and includes a few (minor) fixes that RD 2.7 doesnt have.
on the other hand, RD 2.7 includes some extras for vanilla GTA 4 such as improved traffic.

i suggest you to use the handling.dat file from RD EFLC 1.1 together with improved traffic from RD 2.7

Kitteh
  • Kitteh

^___________^

• Members

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:16 AM Edited by Kitteh, 16 September 2010 - 04:23 AM.

You missed making a few cars front wheel drive like the Feroci and Merit. The Feroci is clearly a Honda Accord knockoff or something; you can tell it's FWD because the front wheels are really close to the doors.

Also, I recommend multiplying the "TractionCurveLateral" by 2 for every vehicle. This will help give the cars more realistic cornering response instead of the sharp gokart feel they all have by default. You might want to increase brakeforce too, because traffic cars constantly smash into each other with your mod. Suspension damping also feels too high - I reduced it to about 60% and it feels good and more realistic. Cars become unsettled and lose grip more over bumps and actually bounce properly with reduced damping.

You might want to also revise the steering angle on all the cars; the FWD cars should steer less tightly than the RWD ones, but in a lot of cases you have supercars only turning 30 degrees and some FWD crapbox doing 35.

Also, why do none of the cars have 6 speed transmissions?

Another thing: Why do the cop cars weigh 1700 but the identical taxi counterparts weigh 1900?

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

I love what you have done with the handling, feels alot more
realistic. The helo's is a little to difficult for me now though confused.gif

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

hey guys!
i am currently working on version 1.2 and i was wondering if you have any experience with the latest patches 1.06 / 1.07 and handling mods. Are there any problems? Are there tools needed to make handling mods run?

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

That are very great news, Killatomate biggrin.gif icon14.gif
There shouldn't be any problems with GTA IV 1.0.0.6/1.0.7.0 and handling mods.
I guess you already know that the EFLC Patch 1.1.2.0 encrypt all files in the data folder and make them viewable.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:02 PM Edited by Killatomate, 21 November 2010 - 08:02 PM.

RD EFLC 1.2 Beta changelog:

general changes:

-reworked every single car (over 350 parameters changed)
-made steering easier (for keyboard and gamepad)
-made oversteer easier to handle
-changed suspension so that all vehicles feel heavier and less like toy cars
-added tweaks for vanilla GTA4 (like improved traffic)

other changes:

Cars:
-Admiral: new handling
-Cabby: new handling
-Chavos: new handling
-Comet: new handling
-Dilettante: new handling
-Dukes: new handling
-Esperanto: new handling
-Feltzer: new handling
-Feroci: new handling
-Fortune: new handling
-Futo: new handling
-Habanero: new center of mass
-Hakumai: new handling
-Ingot: reworked handling
-Landstalker: new center of mass
-Lokus: new handling
-Manana: new handling
-Marbella: new handling
-Merit: changed to FWD with 0-100kph acceleration of 8.5 seconds (Chevy Impala LS)
-Oracle: new handling
-Peyote: new handling
-PMP600: new handling, decreased wheelspin
-Police1: fixed random flipping caused by GTA4 bug
-Presidente: new handling, acceleration changed to 0-100kph in 6.3 seconds (Cadillac CTS)
-Rancher: less likely to flip over
-Roman: new handling
-Schafter: new handling
-Sentinel: new handling
-Stallion: new handling
-Sultan: new handling
-SuperDiamond: new handling
-Taxi1: new handling
-Taxi2: new handling
-Uranus: new handling
-Washington: new handling

Bikes:
-Daemon: improved cornering stability, less fishtailing
-NRG: increased performance, improved shocks
-PCJ: increased performance, improved shocks
-Sanchez: traction adjustments

Helicopters:
-Skylift: improved hovering and cargo lifting
-Maverick: Agility increased by 8%

There shouldn't be any problems with GTA IV 1.0.0.6/1.0.7.0 and handling mods.

i had a few people complaining, stating that the game refuses to launch with handling mods installed. anyone heard of such problem?

smile.gif

hkboondoggle
  • hkboondoggle

Fail

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:03 AM

Nope. At least my game (ver. 1.0.6.0) still works perfectly after installing your handling mod.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:03 PM Edited by Killatomate, 21 November 2010 - 11:18 PM.

Does any1 mind if i release a (perfectly working) beta version? biggrin.gif

Edit: i have uploaded version 1.2 beta. Once approved you can download it here:

RD EFLC 1.2 Beta
Download:
Link

biggrin.gif

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

it's been 5 days and my latest release still hasnt been approved by gtagarage. brb

here is a version 1.2 gameplay video i made on request.
it shows what you are missing out on while waiting for the mod's approval tounge.gif

feel free to judge my new version from watching the video

biggrin.gif

Neova
  • Neova

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

I've used EFLC 1.1 mod on fresh installs of EFLC (both TLAD and TBOGT) and it works fine with the latest patch 1.1.2.0 or 1.0.7.0. Can't wait for your 1.2 update.

It is so good I do not feel the need to mod any cars. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users