[WIP] Realistic Driving for EFLC

141 replies to this topic
viden
  • viden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Still playing through homo tony thing but it works all good smile.gif
Also that escalade thing, yeah i realized i did drive recklessly.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Hey, me and my friend tested your handling and some cars are very very slow. Like the Hayabusa bike (Hakuchou) should be doing 0-100 Km/h in 2.7 or more like 2.3 seconds (the Hayabusa Turbo). And I think you misread something, because the Police Stinger (the 2009 CTS-V) does 0-100 in 3.8 seconds. It's the fastest sedan in the world smile.gif If you fix these issues, I think your handling will be perfect.
Ps.: Well me myself couldn't achieve 3.9 seconds with the Ford GT (only 4.8), so I think you made every car a bit worse then it is irl. So I'd make them a bit faster (in acceleration). Other than that, I like your handlings.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Apr 29 2010, 19:27)
Hey, me and my friend tested your handling and some cars are very very slow. Like the Hayabusa bike (Hakuchou) should be doing 0-100 Km/h in 2.7 or more like 2.3 seconds (the Hayabusa Turbo). And I think you misread something, because the Police Stinger (the 2009 CTS-V) does 0-100 in 3.8 seconds. It's the fastest sedan in the world smile.gif If you fix these issues, I think your handling will be perfect.
Ps.: Well me myself couldn't achieve 3.9 seconds with the Ford GT (only 4.8), so I think you made every car a bit worse then it is irl. So I'd make them a bit faster (in acceleration). Other than that, I like your handlings.

thx for your feedback.

bikes have to be slow because of TLAD. without scaled down speed neither missions nor races work.
most players have had problems to handle fast bikes in the past anyway, so this is a welcome change for many.

CTS-V:
it's not as fast as the "official" time suggests (4.0 seconds is BS). it usually takes 4.4 seconds from 0 to 100. and dont expect a noob like Niko, Johnny, or whatever the gay retard is called to use "launch control" biggrin.gif
i made the police cts-v a few percent slower because of the police equipment (computer, radio, video camera...) and the light bar that increases drag.
wink.gif

on my system the bullet gt accelerates to 100 kph in 3.9 seconds. maybe your speedometer is different?

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:00 PM Edited by Drunk Russian 9, 29 April 2010 - 11:48 PM.

Love the mod and everything, but I have to agree the bikes could be faster. I don't know about everyone, but I finished the storyline and really don't need them to be compatible. That and the custom bikes (Hakachou & Double T) should handle worse but keep more stability and accelerate better. That fat rear tire isn't meant for the curves you know? . . . It's mostly there just for grip in drag racing.

Oh, and if you try the mission where Yusuf has you skydive into a building to exterminate the CEO, the helicopter handling destroys Yusuf's chopper as soon as you touch down. That's from the GTA IV handling file, not the EFLC one.

OLDCell
  • OLDCell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

Very nice, as always your handling for the cars, bikes and Heli's is great!!

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Drunk Russian 9 @ Apr 29 2010, 23:00)
if you try the mission where Yusuf has you skydive into a building to exterminate the CEO, the helicopter handling destroys Yusuf's chopper as soon as you touch down.

that is already mentioned in the v1.0 readme file. wink.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Killatomate @ Apr 30 2010, 05:12)
if you try the mission where Yusuf has you skydive into a building to exterminate the CEO, the helicopter handling destroys Yusuf's chopper as soon as you touch down.

Yusuf?
Do you not mean Ray Bulgarin? lol.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Killatomate @ Apr 29 2010, 17:51)
QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Apr 29 2010, 19:27)

thx for your feedback.

bikes have to be slow because of TLAD. without scaled down speed neither missions nor races work.
most players have had problems to handle fast bikes in the past anyway, so this is a welcome change for many.

CTS-V:
it's not as fast as the "official" time suggests (4.0 seconds is BS). it usually takes 4.4 seconds from 0 to 100. and dont expect a noob like Niko, Johnny, or whatever the gay retard is called to use "launch control" biggrin.gif
i made the police cts-v a few percent slower because of the police equipment (computer, radio, video camera...) and the light bar that increases drag.
wink.gif

on my system the bullet gt accelerates to 100 kph in 3.9 seconds. maybe your speedometer is different?

Ah I see, yeah I'm using Simple Native Trainer's speed-o-meter, so that might be the problem. But I thought I'd mention it, since usually you have to disable ESP, or you have to switch to sport mode to disable the launch control feature. Anyway thanks again. turn.gif

viden
  • viden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

I am currently doing the same lap thing at the airport (one of your youtube videos , where i take any car and do one lap from standing start.
So far i have about 45 laptimes. So far fastest car is Infernus, followed by BulletGT and Police Stinger.
Will continue to write down pretty much all cars laptimes.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Apr 30 2010, 01:18)
QUOTE (Killatomate @ Apr 30 2010, 05:12)

Yusuf?
Do you not mean Ray Bulgarin? lol.gif

Oh yea you're right it is Ray.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (viden @ Apr 25 2010, 20:15)
I dont know if it's supposed to, but cavalcade (cadillac escalade) kinda flips easy in corners, or is it supposed to?
EFLC 1.06

in my next release cavcade will be less likely to flip.

by Viden:
I am currently doing the same lap thing at the airport (one of your youtube videos , where i take any car and do one lap from standing start.
So far i have about 45 laptimes. So far fastest car is Infernus, followed by BulletGT and Police Stinger.
Will continue to write down pretty much all cars laptimes.

i forgot to include the "lap time" list in my 1.0 release. maybe i will include it in the v1.1 release wink.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:15 PM

Please in the next release make every vehicle accelerate like their real conterparts. You said like niko and other characters are noobs. Well hell no, all you need to do is floor the car and there you have it. And believe me the CTS-V does 3.8, it's not just said, it's tested. Even with the police package it should still easily do 4.0, since aerodynamics doesn't really count in accelerations, and the police package only includes a working light bar.
As for the bikes I suggest making their suspension much more stiffer than the vanilla. I usually use 7.0 or 8.0 damp level for my bikes.

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ May 2 2010, 11:15)
You said like niko and other characters are noobs. Well hell no, all you need to do is floor the car and there you have it.

Listen, what he meant is that we don't have paddle shifters, launch control, traction control & whatever else you find in today's cars. He has to compensate, otherwise the track test results will be skewed, providing more power to the wheels than the car actually has to compensate for lack of launch control.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Most of the everyday cars come with ABS, ESP and stuff like that. Every sport car today comes with launch control. Paddle shifter won't make you faster, it makes shifting "easier", but some people hate it (like Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear).
You can simulate "launch control" with adding more grip to the tires. So the car's wheels won't spin. As for the bikes, none of them has launch control or stuff like that, but they still do 2.4 to 100 Km/h (I'm talking about the hayabusa turbo smile.gif )

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

my next release will include handling for the Skylift.

cool.gif

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:45 AM Edited by Drunk Russian 9, 05 May 2010 - 12:47 AM.

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ May 4 2010, 06:36)
Most of the everyday cars come with ABS, ESP and stuff like that. Every sport car today comes with launch control. Paddle shifter won't make you faster, it makes shifting "easier", but some people hate it (like Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear).
You can simulate "launch control" with adding more grip to the tires. So the car's wheels won't spin. As for the bikes, none of them has launch control or stuff like that, but they still do 2.4 to 100 Km/h (I'm talking about the hayabusa turbo smile.gif )

Dammit I said we can't simulate launch control because adding grip will change track results. Read my post again. And no paddle shifters are faster, in case you haven't realized yet. Look at the Lemans cars if you don't believe me. [cant type too much finger jammed]

BTW killa awesome handling for skylift=D

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

What track results? There's no nürburgring in IV where you can test the cars. Making their acceleration, braking and cornering as realistic as you can. That's the goal. And we still don't need paddle shifters since every IV car is automatic (since it's not you who change gears) even when you can here niko revving the engine. Yeah and forgot to mention that the brakes aren't good enough. A Shelby GT500 for example does 100 Km/h to 0 in 3.0 seconds, so I suggest working on them.
Anyway I made an F430 handling back then, and it does 0-100 like the real F430, and still corners like a real car, so I don't really get your point in the so called track results.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Apr 30 2010, 08:34)
the Hayabusa bike (Hakuchou) should be doing 0-100 Km/h in 2.7 or more like 2.3 seconds (the Hayabusa Turbo). And I think you misread something, because the Police Stinger (the 2009 CTS-V) does 0-100 in 3.8 seconds. It's the fastest sedan in the world smile.gif If you fix these issues, I think your handling will be perfect.
Ps.: Well me myself couldn't achieve 3.9 seconds with the Ford GT (only 4.8), so I think you made every car a bit worse then it is irl. So I'd make them a bit faster (in acceleration). Other than that, I like your handlings. [/QUOTE]

Yeah and forgot to mention that the brakes aren't good enough. A Shelby GT500 for example does 100 Km/h to 0 in 3.0 seconds

I'm using Simple Native Trainer's speed-o-meter, so that might be the problem

All your measurements were a waste of time, because the native trainer shows the average speed of an 1.3 second time interval.
IT DOES NOT SHOW ACTUAL SPEED.
next time when measuring acceleration use a proper speedometer. sigh.gif

Anach
  • Anach

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm sure this has been asked before, but would you consider a version that includes the TLAD bikes for GTA IV?

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Anach @ May 7 2010, 02:39)
I'm sure this has been asked before, but would you consider a version that includes the TLAD bikes for GTA IV?

TLAD bikes dont work in GTA IV

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Average speed of an 1.3 second time interval... Wut? biggrin.gif
I think it's 1 of the best speedometers since it shows exactly how fast you are going (like 125.65 Km/h) I don't think sjaak would put a bad speedometer in his trainer confused.gif

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:32 PM Edited by Killatomate, 08 May 2010 - 12:05 PM.

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ May 7 2010, 15:50)
it shows exactly how fast you are going (like 125.65 Km/h)

*edited*
anyway, i still dont get why sjaak's speedometer needs 3 decimal places.

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:38 PM Edited by Killatomate, 10 May 2010 - 08:09 PM.

version 1.1 has been completed!

user posted image

Download: http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=5529

1.1 Changelog

-handling for a total of 170 vehicles
-reworked "high car damage" handling (vehicles take more collision damage before exploding)

Documentation:
-more detailed Readme file
-added "lap times" list to the info folder

Helicopters:
-Skylift handling created
-Buzzard: reworked landing skids
-Maverick: reworked agility

Cars:
-Cabby: reworked brakes
-Cavalcade: less likely to flip
-Chavos: reworked brakes
-Dilettante: reworked brakes
-Hakumai: reworked handling
-Landstalker: reworked handling
-Perennial: reworked brakes
-Premier: reworked brakes
-Stratum: reworked brakes

Bikes:
-Hakuchou custom: less wheelspin

catspider.gif

Brian_OConner333
  • Brian_OConner333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

hi, killatomate, i was wondering if you can do something like that for gta sa/vc/III? is it in your plans? i just like that games too, but i haven't seen good handling for them.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 07:43 PM

Something is wrong with either your trainer or your game (maybe computer) I dunno, but it shows exactly what speed I'm doing in every millisecond. I'm using trainer version 5.7, but it was good back in 5.2 too... As soon as I step on the gas pedal the speedometer displays 1 Km/h (even if i rev the engine) the speedometer goes up to 0.05 Km/h or something like that, so it's accurate here. While other speedometers are crap because it goes up to 300 Km/h, while it does only 288 (that's the max speed of GTA)

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ May 7 2010, 21:43)
[...] it shows exactly what speed I'm doing in every millisecond.

you sure about that?

this picture was taken AFTER the impact. the speedo displays 70kmh although the car is only moving at 25 kmh (0.4 seconds after the impact)
user posted image
http://img215.images.../sntspeedo.jpg/

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

dunno as I've said it works good at me confused.gif

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:18 PM Edited by sjaak327, 07 May 2010 - 11:35 PM.

I guess what you're seeing is a delay, I do know the speedo in simple trainer is correct, as it is using the game's own data smile.gif

So if it is indeed incorrect, it is Rockstar's own game engine that is at fault here.

I tried to recreate this by slamming into a wall, and the speed goes to zero immediately, just as it should be. If this doesn't happen in your game, it seems to me there is some latency issue.

I do know what I'm talking about here, as the speed gets updated each tick, so if you think there is a 1.5 second delay, I would definitely look at your pc, as something is way way off.

Google tick, if you still believe it has a delay of 1.3 seconds LOL !

Killatomate
  • Killatomate

Handling.dat Geek

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 8 2010, 01:18)
[...]the speed gets updated each tick[...]

did you include "smoothing"? i am very sure the displayed speed is averaged over 1 second.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (Killatomate @ May 7 2010, 23:38)
QUOTE (sjaak327 @ May 8 2010, 01:18)
[...]the speed gets updated each tick[...]

did you include "smoothing"? i am very sure the displayed speed is averaged over 1 second.

Nope it is realtime, it runs right in the tick, which would be logical, as why would I delay anything. As I said, I cannot reproduce what you have shown on your screenshot, where the speedo indicates 75km/u, If I slam in the wall, or use instant break, the speed goes right back to zero.

The only reason why this would be happening is very bad fps, but even then, it cannot possibly be one second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users