Beta 3.1 files released

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic
jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:12 AM

Can you please upload the latest version of file IIItovc.asi.If it is the 2007 version then I have that one but if any new one has come then please upload it.You did the SCM coding using which tool?And the car surprise isn't it the "GENERAL LEE" and "DELORAN"?General lee is installed in place of which car?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:25 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 14 May 2010 - 04:28 AM.

My IIItoVC.asi is dated 9/9/2006. That's what you should have. If yours is newer, that would explain your crashes. The most recent version had some bugs.

The SCM was original coded using Barton's Mission Builder (versions 0.22, 1.4, and finally 1.5). Now we work on the scm with Sanny Builder.

And yeah, those two cars are the surprise. The cars they replace are the deluxo (DeLorean), sparrow (flying DeLorean), and mesa (General Lee). Before the final release, I'll likely rename them to DELORDRV, DELORFLY, and GENLEE.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:09 AM Edited by jim_gta, 15 May 2010 - 01:14 AM.

Where the flying DELORAN can be found?By the way can you include the interiors of Joeys Auto shop and roof DONALD LOVE's building?I know that you have made an interior for the marverick in that building but the marverick can be parked somewhere on the roof also.I have somehow made the IIItovc.asi of 2007 work with beta3,though it was made for beta2test5v7.Will you be uploading the final version along with the mod installed on vice city?If there is anything I can do please tell me except the Building work.But I am trying my best to find more bugs.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:08 AM

I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean.

The flying DeLorean is found in one of two ways. If you are playing in debug mode, you can spawn the DeLorean and a General Lee by pressing look-behind and sprint (I think those are the buttons at least) at the same time. Then they will appear. Or if you're not playing in debug mode, once you complete 100% of the game, the DeLorean and General Lee will be parked at your Staunton Island hideout.

The IIItoVC.asi from Beta2test5v7 was unstable and caused a lot of crashes. The file from September 2006 works much better now. The final version will have a new file that replaces the IIItoVC file (and others).

The interior of Joey's garage is all there and there's collision data for it as well. You just need to get rid of the door so you can walk in there. We will not remove the door in the official version, but it would be a welcome add-on. And Donald Love's rooftop is also fully available. Just fly up there.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:15 AM

Thats good to hear that there are two delorans.One in place of sparrow and another in lace of deluxo.I think the one in place of deluxo is spawned whe we press the sprint+foreward+MMB.Does the flying DELORAN flies or it is nothing different than the other one?If so how that particular DELORAN can be spawned?I one of your pics I have seen a car in bown colour hovering near a food plaza in STAUNTON?What is that car?Is there any screenshot taking software with which screenshots can taken in gameplay?if yes can I have a link?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:41 AM

Only the driving DeLorean spawns. However, when you're in the driving DeLorean, simply pushing the same button that rotates the tank's gun left and right will change the driving DeLorean into a flying DeLorean and vice versa. If you have a PS2 like controller, you have to hit the right analog stick up or down and if you're using the keyboard, I believe it's either 4 or 6 on the number pad you have to hit. And when you're flying in the DeLorean, pressing the handbrake button will make it fly forward quickly.

I believe the brown car in my sig was a modified taxi and it's not hovering, it's smashing through the glass of the tw@t cafe. If I remember right, someone else took that picture and I just used it for a signature.

And to take screenshots, simply push the print screen button on your keyboard. Then switch away from the game and open up any graphics editor (Photoshop, MS Paint, etc) and click Edit->Paste. You then have a screenshot from the game.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:49 AM

All is gong well with the LC and I see it runs better in Vista but since Microsoft will end support for XP SP2 by July 13 and Support for Vista has already ended still I am using Vista because mine is an version which has no expiry date.I don't know how but my brother knows.So far about LC after testing compatibility with Vista & XP sp3 I have got idea of 2 installers.First one is the one you made for beta2v5b,if you put that kind of installer users can choose whether to install audio files from GTA 3 disk or from the installer having the LC SFX.2)The install program like the ones used in mods like SAN ANDREAS snow.

However if you are going to use the IIItoVC.asi of 2006 version it won't give good graphics in Intel Graphics card.So I request you to somehow make it work with Intel as most users in our country use Intel.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (jim_gta @ May 18 2010, 01:49)
However if you are going to use the IIItoVC.asi of 2006 version it won't give good graphics in Intel Graphics card.So I request you to somehow make it work with Intel as most users in our country use Intel.

IIItoVC in no way modifies the render system of the game therefore it wouldn't make sense that IIItoVC is the cause of this.

IIItoVC will be deprecated soon but here are some other versions of it. I cannot guarantee that they will work 100% as I have not worked on it in almost 2 years and have lost track of what they contain.

IIItoVC - 6th Sept. 2006, 02:40
IIItoVC - 9th Sept. 2006, 14:39
IIItoVC - 23rd May 2008, 19:10
IIItoVC - 29th Aug. 2008, 15:14

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:53 AM

Will you be releasing the final version installed over vice city or simply the mod only?So far any success about the installer.And I would like to contribute some cars LC in place of the cars of VC which are not being used but are still in gta3.img.So I need your permission.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

Please release the final version within 30th.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

*sigh*

You'll get the mod when it's finished. I've been through way too much lately to bust my butt any more than I already have to meet your deadline. Plus it's in more than just one person's hands. We all have lives and our time is valuable. Nobody here makes any money doing this and every minute I spend on it is time away from my family, which I sometimes need, but also that I sometimes can't spare.

The only way to make it go faster is to find a way to truly contribute. Not just to find cars that I'm sure somebody else made and replace them with the extra VC cars. But to find a way to convert the remaining peds (either manually or helping ModelingMan do it automatically) or making an installer for the final product.

From your posts, I'm guessing you don't have the modding skills to do any of that. So be grateful that those who are able to do this sort of thing are doing it. No mod of this size (to my knowledge) has ever come this close to completion. We've made it this far because of the hard work and dedication of many people working at their own pace.

Sorry for the tone of this, I've spent the last week away from home and went through the hardest thing I've ever had to go through as a parent. So I was very upset to read this.

/rant

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:32 AM

Sorry for troubling you.And about my modelling skills yes you are right.I don't know so much but I know much through which a minor mod can be done.Being my senior I would like to take your advice for anything which I can do for LC.If you are telling I am trying for an installer.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:02 AM Edited by jim_gta, 21 May 2010 - 01:08 AM.

I am working on the installer and I have got a good one.I just need a background images of LC for the installer & one readme file.Please upload them.I hope what i am doing is satisfactory on your part.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:09 PM Edited by jim_gta, 21 May 2010 - 01:13 PM.

About the modified taxi and police vehicle where can get them in LC?Is going back in time with deloran possible?If then how?

nextgenmods
  • nextgenmods

GTA LCS III Edition MOD

• Members

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:11 PM Edited by nextgenmods, 23 May 2010 - 02:35 PM.

the models don't load correctly.

What is this?
user posted image
user posted image

When i'm playing Luigi's girls (with fix) (the scenarie continue without drawing correctly)
i receive this error:

CODE
Exception at address: 0x6DF369EC
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 0001 wait
In thread:            ilandid

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0xBF804B5B EBX: 0x00166D24 ECX: 0x054CC2E8 EDX: 0x0016A420
ESI: 0x00166D20 EDI: 0x054CC2E0 EBP: 0x0012FBC0 ESP: 0x0012FA8C
EFLAGS: 1000010000001000000010

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:35 AM

About the installer I am working on it and i need some bitmap images for the installer.Hope you like it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:01 AM

Beta 3.1 has been uploaded. Please test the new peds. With this update almost all of the major things I want to accomplish are done. There's only minor stuff left.

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (nextgenmods @ May 22 2010, 12:11)
the models don't load correctly.

It's addressed in the provided installation instructions.

How come no-one ever reads the manual?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:56 AM

Oops. I forgot a file in the 3.1 Beta. Without it the DeLorean will not fly. The link is in the first post.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 29 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

I would post this in the Bugs topic but its about the .rar archive for 3.1
DEL_01.wav and GTA3.img files are corrupt, the latter rendering the game unuseable. sad.gif
I d/l'd the 3.1 archive twice and those two files where both corrupt both times. The 3.0 archive was fine.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (frank.s @ May 29 2010, 13:31)
I would post this in the Bugs topic but its about the .rar archive for 3.1
DEL_01.wav and GTA3.img files are corrupt, the latter rendering the game unuseable. sad.gif
I d/l'd the 3.1 archive twice and those two files where both corrupt both times. The 3.0 archive was fine.

Likewise.
QUOTE (WinRAR)
!  C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\Downloads\Beta3.1.rar: CRC failed in Audio\DEL_01.wav. The file is corrupt
!  C:\Documents and Settings\James\My Documents\Downloads\Beta3.1.rar: CRC failed in models\gta3.img. The file is corrupt

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

Oops. I've replaced those files and added the missing file from before. It's reuploading now and should be done within 30 minutes of this post right now (currently at 13%)

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

Now 'Blank audio.rar' is corrupted, is that important?

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ May 29 2010, 17:05)
Now 'Blank audio.rar' is corrupted, is that important?

Only important if you do not own III for copying over the audio files.

Speaking of audio, was the copying of III's sound effects in sfx.raw disbanded? I remember there being something included in one of the packages which installs the sound effects. I'm guessing this'll be left until the final release?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ May 29 2010, 13:55)
Speaking of audio, was the copying of III's sound effects in sfx.raw disbanded? I remember there being something included in one of the packages which installs the sound effects. I'm guessing this'll be left until the final release?

It will be in the final release. Although I don't know if I still have the right files to replace. So I may have to get them from somebody else (SteaVor perhaps).

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

I've linked the SFX package in the second post of this topic - I've noticed no problems integrating the sound files into the latest version of LC, so it should be OK to add the link to the first post.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

Done. Thanks for reminding me that you posted a link.

nextgenmods
  • nextgenmods

GTA LCS III Edition MOD

• Members

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:59 PM Edited by nextgenmods, 30 May 2010 - 10:32 PM.

Beta 3.1 are working in f*ckin' intel video card?

Edit: i deleted iiitovc.asi and theres no more problem with render!

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (nextgenmods @ May 30 2010, 22:59)
Beta 3.1 are working in f*ckin' intel video card?

Edit: i deleted iiitovc.asi and theres no more problem with render!

I can't understand why IIItoVC would be causing rendering issues with Intel graphics cards and unfortunately I can't test that since I don't own any system with such a graphics card.

Also, by deleting IIItoVC.asi you will experience crashes while playing the mod since there are some parts of the mod which rely on it.

nextgenmods
  • nextgenmods

GTA LCS III Edition MOD

• Members

Posted 30 May 2010 - 10:44 PM Edited by nextgenmods, 30 May 2010 - 10:47 PM.

yeah, its crashing too much now devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

but is something in iiitovc that is making these rendering issues in intel graphic card

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users