Beta 3.1 files released

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

Please refer to my previous post. Tell us what steps you took to install the mod. Then post what's in the crash report. Just saying my game crashed doesn't really help. We can help you if you provide us with more information.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:20 PM Edited by JP47, 29 April 2010 - 09:41 PM.

I'm gonna test this mod, if it works is very impresive, play gta3 with VC engine it's amazing,

just to see if i get it, so i need to install a fresh VC game, them put the files from Beta3 on that folder and overwrite the files, them put the update and that's it?

And just one more question, can i put some cars mods without game crash?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2010 - 11:43 PM

That's basically it. Remember you want a full install of Vice City. Then it's recommended you rename the folder from Vice City to Liberty City. That way you can still play Vice too.

And yes, you can do all the car mods you want, assuming you do it correctly.

solom
  • solom

^_^

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

Bug with alpha channel
user posted image

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:21 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 29 April 2010 - 03:26 PM.

Hey ModelingMan, did you get randomly rotating cranes to work yet? I found something that seems like it can be changed.
0x68EBEC from doc_crane_cab01 to cranetopb
0x68EBFC from doc_crane_cab02 to cranetopa
This should make the cranes at Portland Docks to randomly rotate. It's surprising at the amount of cranes that are hardcoded to randomly rotate in VC. They were all located at Vice port.

About that garage door problem for the Securicar garage in SSV, I think it's a problem with the "swing door" opcode. Without that opcode, the door is positioned correctly but with that opcode, the door is repositioned in a way that you can enter the garage through a gap. At
0x42E2DA nop 5 bytes
I managed to get the garage door to not reposition itself when using the opcode but I don't know what that address does so there could be side effects that I'm not aware.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:41 PM Edited by JP47, 29 April 2010 - 09:46 PM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Apr 28 2010, 23:43)
That's basically it. Remember you want a full install of Vice City. Then it's recommended you rename the folder from Vice City to Liberty City. That way you can still play Vice too.

And yes, you can do all the car mods you want, assuming you do it correctly.

ok thanks for the help, i'll try when i have time, my job takes me alot of time.
I read something about audio files from original GTA3, i need that to? because i have them.

I thinks this mod will look very nice with this:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=303247

Tell me, all missions are playable? It is a full GTA3 experience?

Nice work! icon14.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:27 PM

Yes, all missions are playable. In fact I completed the beta 3 files all the way to 100% (which gives you some rewards this time around).

We've tried to recreate the atmosphere of GTA3 as much as we could. And I think we came pretty close.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:42 AM

I have already found some bugs like the opening of the exception handler always.Secondly in one of the problems of lc mod beta2v7 test 5 it was written that by adjusting the "disableculling=1"changing 1 to 0 can run it good on Intel GRAPHICS.Being an INTEL USER I tried it on beta2v7 test 5 and it worked but it does not work on beta3 version.Kindly advise.And about the car suprise I think I have found it.

Dylan2112
  • Dylan2112

I'm quite aware; my screen name SUCKS...

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

That's because SteaVor downgraded the file called "IIItoVC.asi" to an earlier version. I have the same problem and it bugs me too. I delete the file but it always causes my game to crash.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Apr 29 2010, 16:21)
Hey ModelingMan, did you get randomly rotating cranes to work yet? I found something that seems like it can be changed.
0x68EBEC from doc_crane_cab01 to cranetopb
0x68EBFC from doc_crane_cab02 to cranetopa
This should make the cranes at Portland Docks to randomly rotate. It's surprising at the amount of cranes that are hardcoded to randomly rotate in VC. They were all located at Vice port.

In thoery that should work.

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Apr 29 2010, 16:21)
About that garage door problem for the Securicar garage in SSV, I think it's a problem with the "swing door" opcode. Without that opcode, the door is positioned correctly but with that opcode, the door is repositioned in a way that you can enter the garage through a gap. At
0x42E2DA nop 5 bytes
I managed to get the garage door to not reposition itself when using the opcode but I don't know what that address does so there could be side effects that I'm not aware.

I don't think noping will have any side effects. If you compare the code between VC and III, VC processes more data (I don't know what it is but it's obviously the reason why the door offsets). If it does have any side effects then a additional opcode can be created to combat it.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:28 PM Edited by JP47, 30 April 2010 - 10:44 PM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Apr 29 2010, 22:27)
Yes, all missions are playable. In fact I completed the beta 3 files all the way to 100% (which gives you some rewards this time around).

We've tried to recreate the atmosphere of GTA3 as much as we could. And I think we came pretty close.

well i have tested today and i can't make the game to run, i have install a fresh GTA VC game, them overwrite all files from Beta3 to GTA VC folder, extract Blank audio.rar to AUDIO folder, install beta3 update, using IMG tool and rebuilded the gta3.img and finally run the FinishInstall.bat.

After that a click on the new shortcut and the game start, the problem is that i don't have sound on the menu, i can't even select audio options (No audio hardware, it says) and whem i click on start new game, the game just disappears and go back to my desktop. I did what SteaVor said on the first page because i'm running Windows 7 x64 but still nothing happens. I also try to run the Debug option but nothing.

Something is missing me but i don't know what, i hope you could help me with this info. confused.gif

Sorry for my bad english

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

Yeah Craig Kostelecky

I am an Indian but and about the posts I am new forum and I live in the capital city of our country where gta is very famous.But in our CAPITAL CITY NEW DELHI ENGLISH is considered as the first language.Thanks for your help.I would like to know the name of member responsible for the graphics work.I know its late for me to join the forum but I want to do something really for LC.

Regards

JIM

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:22 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 01 May 2010 - 03:30 AM.

QUOTE (JP47 @ Apr 30 2010, 17:28)
well i have tested today and i can't make the game to run, i have install a fresh GTA VC game, them overwrite all files from Beta3 to GTA VC folder, extract Blank audio.rar to AUDIO folder, install beta3 update, using IMG tool and rebuilded the gta3.img and finally run the FinishInstall.bat.

After that a click on the new shortcut and the game start, the problem is that i don't have sound on the menu, i can't even select audio options (No audio hardware, it says) and whem i click on start new game, the game just disappears and go back to my desktop. I did what SteaVor said on the first page because i'm running Windows 7 x64 but still nothing happens. I also try to run the Debug option but nothing.

Something is missing me but i don't know what, i hope you could help me with this info.  confused.gif

I'm also running Win7 64 bit (which I just installed). I did the same thing you did and mine works. Try this for me. Run the show config shortcut in the root LC folder. Then click on the Audio tab and click on Verify Paths. What does that say?

Jim: Don't worry about your English. I didn't know what you meant before about the culling until ITBTB replied. That part happened when I wasn't very involved in the mod. And the version of IIItoVC was very unstable so I reverted to an earlier copy. That being said, ModelingMan is looking at redoing most of IIItoVC when he's able to work on things. Perhaps he'll get that working again.

As far as who's done the graphics, check the Meet the Team page. That shows (roughly) who did what. I can't answer your question directly because I don't remember who did what with the graphics.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 1 2010, 03:22)
QUOTE (JP47 @ Apr 30 2010, 17:28)

Something is missing me but i don't know what, i hope you could help me with this info.  confused.gif

I'm also running Win7 64 bit (which I just installed). I did the same thing you did and mine works. Try this for me. Run the show config shortcut in the root LC folder. Then click on the Audio tab and click on Verify Paths. What does that say?

Jim: Don't worry about your English. I didn't know what you meant before about the culling until ITBTB replied. That part happened when I wasn't very involved in the mod. And the version of IIItoVC was very unstable so I reverted to an earlier copy. That being said, ModelingMan is looking at redoing most of IIItoVC when he's able to work on things. Perhaps he'll get that working again.

As far as who's done the graphics, check the Meet the Team page. That shows (roughly) who did what. I can't answer your question directly because I don't remember who did what with the graphics.

oh..it says "File. \Audio\HEAD.WAV is not found"
I see the problem is from Audio.

What do you think i need to do? Maybe try to find that file on GTA3 Audio folder and put inside LC Audio folder?
SteaVor said that something like that would happen:

"2. Extract Blank Audio.rar to the \Audio folder, no matter whether you have access to the original GTAIII audio files or not. This step is not optional, but required for the game to work! (else it will complain about AMU1.wav and some other files missing)
2.5 - optional: If you do have the GTA3 audio files, copy everything in the GTAIII \audio folder to LC's audio folder EXCEPT FOR SFX.raw and sfx.SDT! There is a separate SFX package (to be found HERE) to inject the missing sound bits into the VC SFX file, but don't use the GTAIII one as it's are not going to work properly with GTA:LC (the game will play incorrect sounds instead). This means there will be no sound playing when the pager pops up, unless you download and extract the SFX package!"

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (JP47 @ Apr 30 2010, 22:28)
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Apr 29 2010, 22:27)

Something is missing me but i don't know what, i hope you could help me with this info. confused.gif

Sorry for my bad english

That's what happening to me.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

Nevermind i fixed, now i can play, but there's no cutscenes and all missions are unlock from the begining. . .this was not what i expected sad.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

If the validation of the audio files results in the message "File. \Audio\HEAD.WAV is not found" being displayed it means that the GTA3 radio stations could not be found in the Audio dir. The INI file supplied with the mod assumes that you have all of the GTA3 audio files installed, including the radio stations. If you don't own GTA3 or are unable to copy the radio stations over to the Audio dir of your LC installation for another reason you need to tell the Launcher to look for the VC radio stations instead:

Open up the launcher interface (via the 'Show Config' shortcut placed in the LC dir), click on 'Advanced', switch to the 'Audio' tab, click on the first entry that says "audio\head.wav" and click 'Restore'. Repeat this for the other entries referring to the radio stations. The last entry you need to revert is "audio\CHAT.WAV". Validation of the audio files should now be successful and you should now be able to start the game successfully.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (JP47 @ May 1 2010, 10:57)
Nevermind i fixed, now i can play, but there's no cutscenes and all missions are unlock from the begining. . .this was not what i expected sad.gif

I'm assuming by you saying there's no cutscenes you mean there's no audio in the cutscenes. You need those files from GTA3 to hear the dialog. If you don't have GTA3, the mod works, you just can't get the full experience.

As far as the missions being open, while the mod is in development, there are two scm files available (main.scm and dbug.scm). Sounds like you're playing the debug script. To toggle between them, go into the launcher (Show Config) and find the checkbox that says use debug script and uncheck it. You may have to run LC once and exit for it to select the right script.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 1 2010, 16:25)
QUOTE (JP47 @ May 1 2010, 10:57)

I'm assuming by you saying there's no cutscenes you mean there's no audio in the cutscenes. You need those files from GTA3 to hear the dialog. If you don't have GTA3, the mod works, you just can't get the full experience.

As far as the missions being open, while the mod is in development, there are two scm files available (main.scm and dbug.scm). Sounds like you're playing the debug script. To toggle between them, go into the launcher (Show Config) and find the checkbox that says use debug script and uncheck it. You may have to run LC once and exit for it to select the right script.

No, i really don't have cutscenes, whem i start a new game i just appear on the bridge with the Kuruma, and i just try to go to Luigi mission and the cutscene that i had was just climb the stairs and the other guy give me some paper and that was it, i can't remenber if that is the first Luigi mission or not. About the sound, i have the original GTA3, what i need to do to get all audio working?

if i get this to work properly, like true GTA3 experience and more, it would be one of the best mods i tested.

icon14.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

Okay. If you have your GTA3 CD, copy all of the files from the audio folder except the SFX.raw and SFX.dat to your LC folder.

And regarding the cutscenes, you need to deactivate debug mode. Check what I said about going into the launcher and turning off debug mode. If debug is off, it's possible my last update didn't turn off debug properly. If that's the case, I can reupload.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 1 2010, 17:05)
Okay. If you have your GTA3 CD, copy all of the files from the audio folder except the SFX.raw and SFX.dat to your LC folder.

And regarding the cutscenes, you need to deactivate debug mode. Check what I said about going into the launcher and turning off debug mode. If debug is off, it's possible my last update didn't turn off debug properly. If that's the case, I can reupload.

ok now i have cutscenes, i had to leave SFX.raw and SFX.dat, if i remove it the game crash when i click start new game,
Now i just have a little problem, on the first cutscene it was suppose to appear the police truck transporting Claude and the Rumpo van, but they are not there, the camera moves like the original cutscene but there are no vehicles and no characters.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

The opening cutscene is incomplete. There are many things that are controlled by the exe and when we recreated that mission, we didn't know as much as we do now about exe hacking. It's possible that we could get it all figured out now. I also didn't think it was worth too much effort since most people skip that cutscene anyway. It would be nice to see it all properly done, but I'd prefer to get other exe related things done first.

So it's very possible that we may not do anything else to that opening cutscene.

Trust me, the rest of the game is more complete.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:03 PM

Make Miguel, Catalina, Asuka, Salvatore, Toni and all these characters playable, then it won't suck.

The FireStarteR
  • The FireStarteR

Keep dreaming, T'Soni.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:19 PM

Oh yeah, I still remember those glitchy head moves by Salvatore..

BTW, GTA LC Team, what about Xbox models? Their parts (legs, hands) are not separate with body, like in VC.

JP47
  • JP47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 1 2010, 20:03)
The opening cutscene is incomplete. There are many things that are controlled by the exe and when we recreated that mission, we didn't know as much as we do now about exe hacking. It's possible that we could get it all figured out now. I also didn't think it was worth too much effort since most people skip that cutscene anyway. It would be nice to see it all properly done, but I'd prefer to get other exe related things done first.

So it's very possible that we may not do anything else to that opening cutscene.

Trust me, the rest of the game is more complete.

ok thanks for your help anyway, i see that this mod on this state rigth now takes so much as gives, gives the opportunity to ride a motorcycle and helicopter, better light engine and new areas, but the characters have flaws and lacks some things that need to be reviewed. I'll wait for the final version, i hope it will be just like the original and better. biggrin.gif

icon14.gif icon14.gif

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:45 PM Edited by Prince-Link, 01 May 2010 - 08:47 PM.

QUOTE (Kratos2000 @ May 1 2010, 22:03)
Make Miguel, Catalina, Asuka, Salvatore, Toni and all these characters playable, then it won't suck.

Err, it doesn't suck at all. And that's so totally not III. Remember this mod is about putting the original III in VC without changes except for the few added weapons and helis/motorycles.

@Craig: The III opening cutscene is the best of all GTA's if you ask me. So I think we should find a way to put it in VC. I've made a tool to read the chase#.dat files, I'll try to find a way to get this working with VC smile.gif (I did this on request of Space wink.gif )

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

I thought of playing the game again from beginning but it crashes at the mission CUTTING THE GRASS when CURLY BOB is about to enter the TAXI.Does anyone have a savegame of this missson?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:02 PM

I just tested Cutting the Grass very thoroughly. It did not crash on me at all. I'm not sure why it does for you.

jim_gta
  • jim_gta

LCS 2010 Team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:36 AM

By the way why the exception handler always opens?It opens every 20 minutes or less tha that.Sometimes I cant finfish misssions also.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:50 AM

Something must be different with your setup. Either you installed it incorrectly or there is something different with your Vice City install that's causing these issues. I have not been able to duplicate any of your problems on my setup. And since there isn't too many other people posting about the same thing, I'm lead to believe that the files I've uploaded are correct as well.

Perhaps if you explained in detail exactly how you installed the mod we can track down the issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users