Photo

Beta 3.1 files released

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
412 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:59 AM Edited by SteaVor, 12 January 2011 - 06:41 PM.

Download Beta 3.1 - Thanks Samutz and SteaVor
3.1 Updated files - a small download of all files forgotten or released after the upload of Beta 3.1
SFX Add-on: Mirror #1 | Mirror #2

Please test these files thoroughly. Once all of the bugs are worked out of these files, we can release GTA: Liberty City Final.

Stuff to note: To play the debug script, go into the launcher and check the box for using the debug. Or you can recompile the main.txt file with $MASTERLCDEBUG on. But then you'll want the launcher checkbox off so the game loads the MAIN.SCM and not the DBUG.SCM.

There are now some rewards for completing 100% of the game. If you play the normal script, you should be able to accomplish this. I was able to verify the rewards worked with an older script. It should still work.

There's a little surprise involving one car that's been in the mod for a while. I hope you like it.

Sayonara Salvatore FINALLY works!

Marco's Bistro has the San Andreas interior included.

There's probably more, but I cannot remember at this time.

Enjoy!

Beta 3.1: All peds are converted and included. Please test them all to see if any need tweaking. Also the unused cars have been changed to some of the better Vice City ones. The conversion of these is not perfect as the wheels, engine sounds, and colors may be off.

Update: The file was re-uploaded due to two corrupted files. The previously missing DeLorean file is now part of the archive.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:59 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 08 February 2012 - 04:19 AM.

How to install GTA: Liberty City Beta 3.1

If you have the GTA3 audio files:
0. Have a full install of GTA:VC ready, make a copy and rename it to GTA:LC or something similar.
0a. If you are running Windows 7 64-bit, you will need to have your LC directory outside of the Windows's protected folders. For best results, put it in C:\GTALC or something. Do not have it in Program Files.
1. Extract the contents of Beta3.1.rar into your LC directory, make sure to select "overwrite all files" when prompted.
2. Extract the contents of 31update.rar into your LC directory, make sure to select "overwrite all files" when prompted.
3. Copy everything in the GTAIII \audio folder to LC's audio folder EXCEPT FOR SFX.raw and sfx.SDT! Download and install the separate SFX package to inject the missing sound bits into the VC SFX file, but don't use the SFX files shipped with GTAIII as they're not going to work properly with GTA:LC (the game will play incorrect sounds instead).
3. Right-click on the LC directory, select "Properties" in the context menu and untick the "Read-Only" box. Apply this change and wait for Windows to change the attribute on all the files inside the LC dir.
4. Run FinishInstall.bat and you're done!

If you don't have the GTA3 audio files:
0. Have a full install of GTA:VC ready, make a copy and rename it to GTA:LC or something similar.
1. Extract the contents of Beta3.1.rar into your LC directory, make sure to select "overwrite all files" when prompted.
2. Extract the contents of 31update.rar into your LC directory, make sure to select "overwrite all files" when prompted.
3. You'll now find an archive called "Blank audio.rar" inside your LC directory. Extract its contents to the \audio dir, overwriting all files when prompted.
4. Right-click on the LC directory, select "Properties" in the context menu and untick the "Read-Only" box. Apply this change and wait for Windows to change the attribute on all the files inside the LC dir.
5. Run FinishInstall.bat
6. Click on the "Show Config" shortcut in your main LC folder. Then click on the Advanced button. This gets you into the launcher's interface. Once there, click on the Audio tab. Now choose the first entry and click the "Restore" button. Repeat for the following 8 entries. Now you should click the "Verify paths" button and it should say that all files are valid now. Click "Apply" to save the changes.
Before: user posted image - After: user posted image

7. That's it - you're done!

Additional steps for 64-bit versions of Windows

If the game silently crashes right at the beginning, before the R* intro movie starts playing, this may be due to the Windows "Data Exexution Prevention" interfering with the launch of the game. As DEP is enabled by default for all applications on 64 bit versions of Windows, you'll need to add an explicit exception for gta-vc.exe (NOT gta-lc.exe).
Instructions (borrowed from the Microsoft Knowledge Base) on how to do that:
The following procedure describes how to manually configure DEP on the computer:

1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
   2. On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.
   3. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, use the following procedure:
          * Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select to select the OptOut policy, and then click Add to add the programs that you do not want to use the DEP feature.
   4. Click OK two times.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Oops. Thanks for checking me over and fixing my mistakes. I always hated writing documentation. I usually play LC with the sound turned off as the computer's in the same room as Carson and he's usually sleeping. I can do most of the work from a laptop remotely, but actually playing the mod is done at the desktop (with my PS2 controller).

Also, I tried to separate the audio files so the extra ones were already in the audio folder and only the blank files were included in the BlankAudio package. I'd like to avoid forcing users to recopy the audio each time a major install is done. But it looks like I missed the ammunation files. I think I got everything else.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:50 AM

I found my first bug I didn't realize in my initial testing. The Toyz van is the SpandEx van from VC. Gotta update that file in the image at some point.

I'm working towards 100% with the game in normal mode so far. I just love doing the paramedic/taxi/fire type missions. But it all has to be verified. Hopefully I don't run into an scm bug at 95% that would require me to start over.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Apr 19 2010, 06:50)
Hopefully I don't run into an scm bug at 95% that would require me to start over.

That would be brutal. Some sort of tool should be made which makes a save file compatible with a new SCM (if it hasn't already), or at least generate a save file with the completed missions, etc. of your choice. I've never looked at the save file format in great detail so I wouldn't know if it was possible or not, it would be handy nonetheless.

About 4 years ago I added a disable culling hack to IIItoVC. I remember the solution to the culling in VC was to duplicate the polygons of the models and invert them, resulting in a doubled file size. I'm wondering did someone revert back to the original III models? It's probably not a critical thing, I'm just curious really.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:40 PM

37% done, just went to Staunton Island. No issues yet!

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

my game is crashing in the second i click on "Start new game"

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

How about providing more information? What steps did you take to install the mod (be specific and detailed)? What does the log file say?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:41 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 20 April 2010 - 01:32 AM.

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Apr 19 2010, 03:21)
I'm wondering did someone revert back to the original III models?

I had reverted most models years ago but I have to check again to see if they are in this update.

Nice to finally see another beta release. I just had a weird glitch while fooling around at the beginning of the game. Start Luigi's Girls. Head to Marcos Bistros and enter it. The audio "Hi, I'm Misty" plays. Now exit it and pick up Misty. She enters the car and the mission cannot be completed. Solution:

Find
CODE
03CF: load_wav 'BISTRO' as 1

Change to
CODE
03CF: load_wav 'BISTRO' as 2

Find
CODE
0050: gosub @LabelLoadAudioGosub

Change to
CODE
:BistroSoundCheck
wait 0
if
03D0:   wav 2 loaded
jf @BistroSoundCheck
03D1: play_wav 2

Find
CODE
03D2:   wav 1 ended

Change to
CODE
03D2:   wav 2 ended

Find
CODE
040D: unload_wav 1

Change to
CODE
040D: unload_wav 2

All the changes happen within the thread.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:56 AM

Nice find space. I'll be sure to add that when I'm done testing. I'm now at 55% and just completed a Drop in the Ocean. And to my surprise the airplane had its full wings! Also I saw a weird bug after I completed the mission. Immediately after completing the mission I grabbed a helicopter and flew around a bit. When I returned to Staunton Island I saw that full-winged plane flying in a very small circle just north of my hideout. I wasn't sure if it was solid or not until I flew into it and nearly killed me!

So perhaps we need to clean up that mission a bit better.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Apr 19 2010, 10:21)
That would be brutal. Some sort of tool should be made which makes a save file compatible with a new SCM (if it hasn't already), or at least generate a save file with the completed missions, etc. of your choice. I've never looked at the save file format in great detail so I wouldn't know if it was possible or not, it would be handy nonetheless.

I once tried to plan making a compatibility tool performing matching between two scripts, but then I thought that if the code at the current execution pointer had changed too much it would be completely lost... even more so without 'checkpoint' flags in the save data. Note that the idea was purely theoretic, I still don't know too much about III/VC's save data, I was just speculating about the CRunningScript data. smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:29 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 21 April 2010 - 04:30 PM.

89% in almost 12 hours of playtime (not counting reloaded missions). All I have left is 11 rampages, 12 unique jumps, 91 taxi drop offs, 40 fires, Ride in the Park, Multistory Mayhem, Gripped!, and Kingdom Come. All the sh*tty missions.

I did get one crash when I returned the last emergency vehicle. When I tried it again, I left the area before the pickups were created. I'll test more in debug mode later.

CODE
Exception at address: 0x0043D38F
EXE Version:          gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed: 032B create_pickup_with_ammo
In thread:            m_crane

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x0000BE23 EBX: 0x0000BE23 ECX: 0x000043AE EDX: 0x0009A7C7
ESI: 0x00000021 EDI: 0x00000000 EBP: 0x0000032B ESP: 0x0017FA50
EFLAGS: 10000001000000010

...Last few scm lines...
0001357C:   is_player_in_rect                      $var0008, 1216.0000, -671.0000, 1256.0000, -721.0000, 0
00013597: jf                                       @00013563
0001359E: create_pickup_with_ammo                  223, 3, 39, 1236.0000, -687.0000, 17.7500, 8
000135B8: create_pickup_with_ammo                  223, 3, 35, 1236.0000, -691.0000, 17.7500, 9
000135D2: create_pickup_with_ammo                  223, 3, 36, 1236.0000, -694.0000, 17.7500, 10
000135EC: create_pickup_with_ammo                  223, 3, 37, 1236.0000, -697.0000, 17.7500, 11
00013606: create_pickup_with_ammo                  223, 3, 38, 1236.0000, -700.0000, 17.7500, 12
00013620: create_pickup_with_ammo                  223, 3, 34, 1236.0000, -703.0000, 17.7500, 13

Edit: Now at 96%. Down to 11 rampages, 91 taxi drop offs, Ride in the Park, Gripped!, and Kingdom Come.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

That EV crane crash is not unexpected, remember this discussion? I don't think this got permanently fixed with the later versions of IIItoVC.asi (not for me anyway), so this is still a "known bug/crash" very likely to be hit during a 100% playthrough.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

That crash appears to be something different.. strangely different. At the point of the crash the register EBX contains the value 0x0000BE23 (as seen in the crash report), but that value is incredibly wrong; it should be the ID of the variable the pickup is stored in. In this case EBX should be equal to 13 (FBI Car) or 14 (Rhino) (I'm not sure if the last opcode info on the crash report actually includes the current opcode that is being processed).

To determine what is wrong there I'd have to step through the processing of the opcode. Haven't got time to do it just now, got a ton of work for uni to do, but I'll try as soon as I can.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hey, can you implement a new opcodes similar to CLEO's 0A8C,0A8D? I have an idea on how to correctly create proper wasted/busted spawn points using a mix of SCM coding and memory editing.

If only Portland is available, set wasted/busted spawn points as usual. If Staunton is unlocked, use SCM coding check to see if the player is within Staunton. If it is, use memory editing to change the address that handles the spawn points to Staunton's spawn points. If the player returns to Portland, edit the same address for Portland's spawn points. In this way, this will prevent the player from spawning in Portland if death/bust occurs in Staunton. Same idea with Shoreside.

In the end, only define 1 spawn point. Use memory editing to change spawn points depending on which island the player is in.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:04 AM

99% and one more mission to go! Once I pass Gripped! and verified the 100% rewards show up, I can then go back and fix the minor bugs we found along the way. Nothing was major enough to stop me from passing any mission and the one crash that happened did not happen the second time I ran through.

Once I have all of the fixes (both from myself and space) done, I will wrap up the scm and call it done. Of course if there are additional bug fixes that we come across before everything else is ready, we can fix those up.

So, we're just waiting on the actor/ped conversion (which could be automated) and whatever tweaks will happen to the asi files. And it would be nice to have an installer to wrap everything up in. But this is close to being finished.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (ModelingMan @ Apr 21 2010, 21:07)
(I'm not sure if the last opcode info on the crash report actually includes the current opcode that is being processed).

It apparently doesn't, but this function is only being called from pickup creation commands.

Also, a bit off-topic, I've been working on the 038F and nearby code (finally!) but it seems like I never noticed the used registers having changed too much from III when rewriting the code, nearly every time one of them was used caused a crash. tounge.gif Also, I couldn't get to trigger the bodycast object, as the second hit on the ambulance the game decided to crash while processing an unrelated command. confused.gif Sadly, I don't have any logs on which command it was (but it could be using an undefined car in 01B0, I can't fully remember, could also be inconsistent files). sad.gif

Shadow-Link
  • Shadow-Link

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:08 AM

I am gonna test this as soon as I've got some time.. Which will be around sunday! Can't wait to play this beauty of a mod again!

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:39 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 22 April 2010 - 03:15 PM.

I did it! 100% complete. Here is the save file if anybody wants it.

Now, time for a break. Then I'll start fixing those bugs.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Update to the Beta3 files.

CODE
These files have been updated to address these bugs:

default.ide - this fixed the issue of the SpandEx van showing up instead of the Toyz Van

csitecutscene.txd - add this to your gta3.img (delete other file and recompile) to fix a mapping issue (thanks spaceeinstein)

gta-lc.ini - the Bistro wav was not defined in the previous file

MAIN.scm
DBUG.scm
main.txt - these three files fix these issues:

Silence the Sneak audio now plays properly (thanks spaceeinstein)
Several markers now have correct z levels (thanks spaceeinstein)
The float packages are now correct in A Drop in the Ocean (thanks spaceeinstein)
The Bistro wav now works correctly (thanks spaceeinstein)
Don't Spank Ma Bitch Up and Drive Misty for Me have been rewritten (thanks spaceeinstein)
A minor bug in the DeLorean code was fixed (thanks spaceeinstein)
The Radio thread has been disabled. If we can figure out how to make it play the mp3 channel, I'll reenable it
The EV Crane no longer crashes

There are two things I know about that are not fixed with this update. The Staunton Island Ammunation displays the prices of the weapons 100X what they're worth. The player is still charged the right amount. I'm not sure where that is changed.

Also, I didn't add space's SSV bridge audio code yet. I wasn't sure what needed to be removed from the old code and how exactly he wanted it integrated.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:48 PM Edited by SteaVor, 24 April 2010 - 09:12 PM.

The prices of the weapons are displayed correctly for me, both with the Beta3 SCM and the updated SCM. In case you meant to write Portland Ammunation instead of SI ammunation I also checked the Portland one which displayed the prices correctly as well, so I can't confirm this issue.

EDIT: Staying true to the GTA3 spirit and since I know the city inside-out I never used the "Map" accessible from the menu, so I noticed just now that the GXTs had not been updated when the new radar icon for Marco's Bistro was added, so it showed up as 'Unknown' in the map legend. This GXT update package changes LG_23 to read 'Marco's Bistro'.

Some COL fixes coming up as well as soon as I've figured out why the game locks up every time I try to re-import the COL files modified with steve-m's COL editor.
Apparently IMG Tool failed at rebuilding the IMG file properly, deleting the COL fiile and re-adding it worked.

Updated comSE.col to fix bug #2 mentioned in this post.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:13 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 24 April 2010 - 11:32 PM.

Thanks SteaVor. I've added those files to the package and reuploaded.

Also:
user posted image
Edit: Now that I look at the prices again, they appear 10X higher than they should be. But I am charged correctly.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:05 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 25 April 2010 - 12:15 AM.

I think editing just the price of the weapons (starting at 0x688000 in VC and 0x5ED924 in III) should affect both the price taken away and the floating price number. I haven't exactly test that so I could be wrong. Here's a reference for the correct prices.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

The weird thing is I'm being charged the correct amount, it's just that the displayed number is 10x higher. Is it like that in your game space?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:01 AM

user posted image

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:10 AM

Well, if it's just my version, I'm not concerned.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

I'll be giving it a run through myself soon. Thanks LC team. And the debug script, what differs from the normal?

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

This version crash my game.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

If you do not provide more information, we cannot help you. How exactly did you install it? What's the error code when the crash happens (check the gta-lc-scm.log file).

It works for others if the directions are followed.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:33 PM

The game crashes as soon as a ped spawns. which means 3 seconds after i start the game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users