Photo

The Next-Gen Vice City [Version 2.0]

193 replies to this topic
Numero Siete
  • Numero Siete

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

The map is too small, it should be at least as big as SA.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

I don't think the actual size is a problem, but you should connect a lot of the little slivers of land into more substantial land masses. It looks like the region was bombed to shreds or something and now half of it is underwater.

08LasVenturas
  • 08LasVenturas

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Friday, Aug 5 2011, 18:56)
I don't think the actual size is a problem, but you should connect a lot of the little slivers of land into more substantial land masses. It looks like the region was bombed to shreds or something and now half of it is underwater.

If one more person says "the map is too small", I'll have this topic locked, lol.

But yeah I was thinking of re-doing the map along the lines of what you're saying, with more countryside and stuff. I've asked other forumers for drawings or ideas, but haven't gotten any confused.gif

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:14 AM Edited by akavari112, 07 August 2011 - 09:57 AM.

I don't think you need to redo the map completely, just fill in some of the extraneous rivers and stuff with land. Add a little girth to the land, right now it looks like you'd need a boat to get just about anywhere. That's a cool feeling to go for, since it's Vice City and all, but if you added some more bulk to the land it would help the map look 'bigger' to people.

Here's an example of what I mean, I just took your map and poorly filled in some of the water bodies. Obviously you would want to edit your own map, I just did it cause I was bored and figured it would help me get my point across. Tell me what you think.
user posted image

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

I think the map is ok maybe on the small side but it's not that big of a problem imo.

08LasVenturas
  • 08LasVenturas

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Sunday, Aug 7 2011, 01:14)
I don't think you need to redo the map completely, just fill in some of the extraneous rivers and stuff with land. Add a little girth to the land, right now it looks like you'd need a boat to get just about anywhere. That's a cool feeling to go for, since it's Vice City and all, but if you added some more bulk to the land it would help the map look 'bigger' to people.

Here's an example of what I mean, I just took your map and poorly filled in some of the water bodies. Obviously you would want to edit your own map, I just did it cause I was bored and figured it would help me get my point across. Tell me what you think.
user posted image

I actually like the direction you're going. The only thing you're wrong about is that I'd rather dp it myself, I'm not talented and patient enough lol. But honestly, if you have the time or if you wanna, take your own spin on the map and post it here. And if anyone else wants to make their own or update the existing map, post it here!

mediocore
  • mediocore

This is the last dance for mister Lance Vance

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (08LasVenturas @ Thursday, Apr 15 2010, 00:54)

Mercado is home to many theme parks, "Interglobal Studios", which was mentioned in GTA:VCS, (Based on Universal Studios), "Whale World" (Based on Sea World), and Dingdong Land (Based on Disney Land). Other areas include "Downtown Mercado", which is similar to Downtown Orlando, and "Altercation", which is a spoof of the town of Celebration, Florida.[/center]

First of all, you have thought way too hard about all this...

Second of all, You missed off Gloryhole Theme park!

dragoon_boy2335
  • dragoon_boy2335

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

i think there should be a reggaeton radio station included in GTAV as there are many Hispanic people in Miami itself

ArienMC
  • ArienMC

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Why would you put this much work into something that clearly isn't going to happen, and even if it did Rockstar wouldn't listen to any of your ideas...

GTA5Videos
  • GTA5Videos

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

not going to happen but damn i bet you spent alot of time one that! looks amazing though

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

you should work for Rockstar
I hope to move to Miami one day the weather is a dream come true for me

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:57 AM

Bump:
I think it looks awesome.

You should REALLY think of turning this into a mod, rather then a concept.

emTz
  • emTz

Game Lover!

• New Members
  • Pakistan

Posted A week ago Edited by emTz, A week ago.

So it says coming 2012, i googled it for like half and hour, so where the f is the download link, its like 
6:41am and 23/7/2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!

did i miss anything?
so was this just a plot????? a suggestion????
OR
are you gonna gimme the damn link man.. SERIOUSLY.

dammit i just read this page again and its a bummer to know it was a concept...... :die:

jeanrjm
  • jeanrjm

Bullworth, Alderney?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Nice concept

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users