Users to ignore list
Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:26 PM Edited by mkey82, 26 October 2010 - 10:21 AM.
There are obviously ways this could be abused, but generally it should reduce the amount of trash posts and flaming. So to this end I have created a small Greasemonkey script, simple to operate and quite useful.
1. You can find the script here. You will obviously need Greasemonkey and Firefox. Google Chrome should be supported properly with the latest version. IE not tested nor supported.
2. After installation you will be prompted to activate the script by going to the "Skin and languages" options, this is only needed to detect the skin properly.
3. If you go to your profile there you'll find the added functionality for maintaining the block list. I don't think any additional explanations are required.
4. Now all occurrences of unwanted posts should be removed, posts from threads with quoted content being hidden behind spoiler tags.
Hopefully, I will not part take in any flaming from this point forth. Special thanks goes to James_Earl_Cash for inspiring me to create this script. Big thanks to NitroBullet as well, he's always a big source of inspiration.
Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:36 PM
Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:42 PM
Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:43 PM
|QUOTE (mkey82 @ Apr 14 2010, 16:42)|
|Well surely yes, but I use the default one so haven't tested it. Which one do you use, I'll check it out tomorrow.|
I usually use the Connection skin.
Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:30 PM
Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:43 PM
Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:33 PM
Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:20 PM
After installation it will ask you to "activate" it, that is visit the Language and skin settings page.
Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:10 PM
Nice work though
Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:20 PM
Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:58 PM Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez, 16 April 2010 - 06:26 PM.
In the picture, I don't know if I did it right or not.
I marked red at some points to avoid my buddies being spammed.
EDIT : Wait, it was supposed to be in my profile. But I don't see the boxes.
Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:22 PM
1. posts weren't blocked in the thread preview below the post in the new post page. They sure are now.
2. the same goes for the edit post page and the preview post window. No leaks anymore.
I also added a blocked post counter in the profile, it actually counts all blocked posts, whenever they occurred.
GTAF Peacekeeper v1.2
Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:14 AM
1. it seems the script wasn't actually working on some skins, like at all (| |) due to some f*ckup on my side (probably deleted a random, at the time totally useless, portion of code). So I fixed that
2. the blocked post counter feature was broken, it's working properly now.
1. the script should work normally on Google Chrome. Haven't actually tested it (due to being lazy), but it really really should work. The betas may cause issues, but hey, there is a reason why they are in the beta stage.
2. I expanded the functionality a bit so that the content you want blocked will be covered by spoilers if it was quoted by some other user. Simple, really. I was wondering about how to solve this issue and IMO this is a balanced solution. As long as the content was properly quoted, it will be hidden behind spoilers.
After script update the stored user names will not be accessible by the new version, so maybe you'll want to take note of them or maybe give those guys another chance.
GTAF Peacekeeper v1.3
Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:51 PM
Posted 30 November 2010 - 05:52 PM
Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:53 PM
Thank you for warning me as I found a few issues that probably broke the script on Google chrome and this is definitively a better implementation. You live, you learn.
Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:03 PM
Thanks in advance!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users