Photo

GTA IV PATCH 6

1,180 replies to this topic
quadomatic
  • quadomatic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Still no word on price of DLC or how many GB?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (quadomatic @ Apr 13 2010, 02:35)
Still no word on price of DLC or how many GB?

Both DLC's will be 13.99.

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:48 AM Edited by ObsessedWithGTA4, 13 April 2010 - 01:54 AM.

EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY on Steam UNLOCKS IN 3 HOURS!!

If I only knew if EFLC Retail checked for IV and integrated in or not! UGH I WANT IT NOW!

Also, I have a question about GFWL MarketPlace. When you get a game from there do you have to have GFWL client running in the background or can you just play the game? I am going to guess and say it needs to be running which if that's the case could possibly cause problems with xliveless.dll if you wanted to run one of the DLC's for single-player only.

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

I have confirmation that the DLC offers will be available on the 13th only on North America.

The offers are set to be available in other regions on the 16th.

Still waiting on Patch 6 release info.

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 13 2010, 01:54)
I have confirmation that the DLC offers will be available on the 13th only on North America.

13th @ 12:01AM like on Steam or do we have to wait til 5pm like some other DirectDownload clients do?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:56 AM Edited by Indi., 13 April 2010 - 02:02 AM.

Steam says 2 days from now, which would make it Thursday, and Friday is a 16th.

Available: 15 April 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 20 hours

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

The moon, at last. I hope the phases won't be LQ like the files I found.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Apr 13 2010, 01:04)
QUOTE (Jask777 @ Apr 12 2010, 23:58)
QUOTE (quechus13 @ Apr 12 2010, 23:07)
QUOTE (Jask777 @ Apr 12 2010, 22:57)
lol Boris has already invented the moon with his ENB series for GTA IV (but not lunar phases i think).

But nonetheless great update. icon14.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

he didnt invented it -_-

well he first got it working on GTA IV... no?

on PC yes but on Xbox 360 and PS3 No.

EFLC 360 version has a moon.

ObsessedWithGTA4
  • ObsessedWithGTA4

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

Steam for US Customers shows 3 hours.....

user posted image

AnUnoriginalName
  • AnUnoriginalName

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (ObsessedWithGTA4 @ Apr 13 2010, 02:04)
Steam for US Customers shows 3 hours.....

user posted image

US resident here as well, it shows 2 hours for me now.

@Indi.: probably time zone compensation.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

when are you guy's going to remove the piracy aspect and do a global release date ?

and why don't you update the Xbox360 DLC so that it integrates with EFLC on disc and multiplayer can be fun ? doesn't affect me that much given i paid for TLaD on DLC then bought EFLC on disc, but it does affect a lot of other people.

nice work on the patch though, 18 months to address a multitude of problems for a game that most people are now fed up with ain't too bad i suppose. but at least you've addressed them :-)

ho hum, only 3 days to go until i can go and buy EFLC for PC, by which time you'll have had my money 3 times for TLaD and still sold it to the yanks first !!! yawn.gif

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

I have a dumb question, since I bought EFLC for $40 last month for 360 (it is awesome, I think Im ont he last ballad of gay tony mission) do we get EFLC on the PC for free? Just wondering as I see the words "DLC Offers" thrown around and I think some other company is doing it. so to sum up what I am asking (i prolly woulndt bother either way, cause I have it on 360)
if we bouhgt eflc on 360 do we get eflc pc for free or with some sort of discount? I am guessing not, but would be awesome if we did.

thanks for answering/reading dumb question

Narchotic
  • Narchotic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 13 2010, 01:18)
QUOTE (Narchotic @ Apr 12 2010, 20:59)
Would it be possible to confirm whether the patch fix's the micro stutter bug for users who're running 58xx series cards, or is it an ATI driver related problem?

Currently back using my gtx 280 as the constant stuttering renders the game unplayable on the 5870.

Cheers

I got a 5870 2GB and i get no shuttering whatsoever...

Lucky you. Plenty of 1gb 58xx owners getting the micro stutter, though. Maybe a driver related issue?

http://www.google.co...G=Google Search

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (corvettelover @ Apr 12 2010, 22:07)
I have a dumb question, since I bought EFLC for $40 last month for 360 (it is awesome, I think Im ont he last ballad of gay tony mission) do we get EFLC on the PC for free? Just wondering as I see the words "DLC Offers" thrown around and I think some other company is doing it. so to sum up what I am asking (i prolly woulndt bother either way, cause I have it on 360)
if we bouhgt eflc on 360 do we get eflc pc for free or with some sort of discount? I am guessing not, but would be awesome if we did.

There will be no discounts or them being "free".

OutOfTimer
  • OutOfTimer

PC Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:12 AM Edited by OutOfTimer, 13 April 2010 - 02:39 AM.

I LOVE YOU, R*, I F***ING LOVE YOU !!! It was worth the wait and worth the money. I feel really bad for being angry at you before. Ahhh... it's so good to be a fan! inlove.gif

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Narchotic @ Apr 12 2010, 22:10)
Would it be possible to confirm whether the patch fix's the micro stutter bug for users who're running 58xx series cards, or is it an ATI driver related problem?

Currently back using my gtx 280 as the constant stuttering renders the game unplayable on the 5870.

Cheers

Lucky you. Plenty of 1gb 58xx owners getting the micro stutter, though. Maybe a driver related issue?

Check in CCC if you have AA set as use application setting.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 13 2010, 02:11)
QUOTE (corvettelover @ Apr 12 2010, 22:07)

There will be no discounts or them being "free".

ah damn, that wouldve been cool...oh well

Narchotic
  • Narchotic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 13 2010, 02:14)
QUOTE (Narchotic @ Apr 12 2010, 22:10)

Cheers

Check in CCC if you have AA set as use application setting.

I've tried everything, mate, even a fresh install of Win 7 to make sure there were no left over entries of the gtx drivers, all to no avail though. The 5870 decimates the gtx in all the games I've tested it with (obviously:), it's just gta 4 that's giving me problems. As I say, I've put the gtx back in my machine now in prep for liberty city as other than a driver update or patch I'm all out of ideas on how to fix it. Seems most people with the stutter prob are also running i5/i7 rigs too, not sure whether there's a connection there, though? A few peeps have said they've fixed the prob by disabling 2 cores in the bios but I'm not even going to entertain that idea. Ho hum.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:36 AM

here's a little food for thought for the guys pondering over whether to get the DLC or buy the retail boxed.

if you buy the DLC it is highly likely that you will be saddled with the same launch setup for all 3 games in one folder, which means that when/if they release yet another patch there is a greater chance of there being more problems which affect all 3 games, whereas if you buy the retail box and i'm praying this is the case, you will have totally separate install folders altogether for IV and EFLC and therefore a better chance of at least being able to play 1 game if there is a problem with the other.

i do see the advantages for modding with an integrated 3 games in one folder, but can you imagine the hassle of having to keep downloading all the DLC if it all goes wrong and you end up reinstalling IV ?

*sigh*
  • *sigh*

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (Narchotic @ Apr 13 2010, 02:29)

I've tried everything, mate, even a fresh install of Win 7 to make sure there were no left over entries of the gtx drivers, all to no avail though. The 5870 decimates the gtx in all the games I've tested it with (obviously:), it's just gta 4 that's giving me problems. As I say, I've put the gtx back in my machine now in prep for liberty city as other than a driver update or patch I'm all out of ideas on how to fix it. Seems most people with the stutter prob are also running i5/i7 rigs too, not sure whether there's a connection there, though? A few peeps have said they've fixed the prob by disabling 2 cores in the bios but I'm not even going to entertain that idea. Ho hum.

I don't see why you couldn't just run GTA IV, open the task manager, and give the game affinity for all but two cores. It should have the same effect as disabling them without having to actually do it.

Narchotic
  • Narchotic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (*sigh* @ Apr 13 2010, 02:38)

I don't see why you couldn't just run GTA IV, open the task manager, and give the game affinity for all but two cores. It should have the same effect as disabling them without having to actually do it.

I meant that I don't want to disable any cores at all, I know I'm stubborn, lol, but part of the reason I upgraded to quad was for liberty city.

Your fix would work just the same as disabling them via the bios though.

TheChopShop
  • TheChopShop

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:09 AM

woo hoo! all the fixes and enhancements we should have seen last year in patch 2 are seeing the light of day!? wow! dozingoff.gif tounge2.gif

so.. I take it there's no fixes for the bug riddled video editor confused.gif

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Narchotic @ Apr 12 2010, 22:42)
QUOTE (*sigh* @ Apr 13 2010, 02:38)

I meant that I don't want to disable any cores at all, I know I'm stubborn, lol, but part of the reason I upgraded to quad was for liberty city.

Your fix would work just the same as disabling them via the bios though.

Well, im running a Q9650 at 3.8 with all cores and no problems. Maybe the i7 architecture is to blame.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:16 AM

Where's the patch R*?! The game's releasing in about 45 mins....

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Apr 12 2010, 22:36)
here's a little food for thought for the guys pondering over whether to get the DLC or buy the retail boxed.

if you buy the DLC it is highly likely that you will be saddled with the same launch setup for all 3 games in one folder, which means that when/if they release yet another patch there is a greater chance of there being more problems which affect all 3 games, whereas if you buy the retail box and i'm praying this is the case, you will have totally separate install folders altogether for IV and EFLC and therefore a better chance of at least being able to play 1 game if there is a problem with the other.

i do see the advantages for modding with an integrated 3 games in one folder, but can you imagine the hassle of having to keep downloading all the DLC if it all goes wrong and you end up reinstalling IV ?

I don't think you would have to re-download the DLC. GFWL generally keeps all the content in %appdata% or something somewhere, so in theory you should still be able to use it if you have to reinstall the game. That said, it might be harder to mod the DLC version with it stored in several places.

I should have probably peeked at the directory structure on Saturday to see how EFLC was setup. blush.gif

Narchotic
  • Narchotic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 13 2010, 03:16)

Maybe the i7 architecture is to blame.

^^ Quite possibly.

I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I've not sold the gtx yet and it plays gta 4 smooth enough at my desired settings, I'll just swap it back out for the 5870 when I've finished Liberty City.

Anyway, I'll stop banging on about it now, this threads purpose isn't meant for my 5870 woes.

Cheers smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Apr 13 2010, 03:25)
QUOTE (Gforce @ Apr 12 2010, 22:36)

I don't think you would have to re-download the DLC. GFWL generally keeps all the content in %appdata% or something somewhere, so in theory you should still be able to use it if you have to reinstall the game. That said, it might be harder to mod the DLC version with it stored in several places.

I should have probably peeked at the directory structure on Saturday to see how EFLC was setup. blush.gif

oooh this could be interesting, i can't see them making it that easy to re-distribute files but we shall see.

i remember something similar happened to me when i tried modding SA on my Vista based laptop with UAC on, i found they put a load of the main SA files into a separate folder in appdata or W/E.

we shall soon see in a few hr's when the DLC monkies get the files biggrin.gif

PS: shame on you for not taking the opportunity to take a good look around on a R* PC wink.gif

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Narchotic @ Apr 12 2010, 23:37)
QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 13 2010, 03:16)

Maybe the i7 architecture is to blame.

^^ Quite possibly.

I guess I'm lucky in the sense that I've not sold the gtx yet and it plays gta 4 smooth enough at my desired settings, I'll just swap it back out for the 5870 when I've finished Liberty City.

Anyway, I'll stop banging on about it now, this threads purpose isn't meant for my 5870 woes.

Cheers smile.gif

Consider getting 5870 2GB. Feels good man. No texture popins at all.

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:54 AM

Yes!!! Finally useful patch!!! *WILL DOWNLOAD IT* inlove.gif

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:02 AM

Purchasing the game right now! biggrin.gif