GTA IV PATCH 6

1,180 replies to this topic
Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 12 2010, 16:49)
QUOTE (mirmihir @ Apr 12 2010, 21:41)
off topic: Come on CC now u have to give up ur jc2 fanaticism!

I wouldn't call myself a fan of the game, I just think it is a very well put together game and the developer Avalanche treated PC gamers with some respect that is all.

I appreciate that Toronto has done this patch, they could have just done a Rockstar North and left the issues unresolved. However we should remember here this is a patch to fix FAULTS with the game, faults we have been complaining about for nearly 2 years. These faults weren't "subtle" either they were IN YOUR FACE glaring omissions that should have been spotted before GTA 4 was even unleashed on the general public.

I hope those still playing GTA 4 will enjoy the game with this new patch, I hope this new patch actually does what the patch notes are saying it is supposed to do. However for people like me I won't be in any great hurry to reinstall GTA 4 again just for this patch.

Man, stop being grumpy, reinstall it and play with us...

Lodis
  • Lodis

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

I hope my Singleplayer Mods will still work or that support is added for it or something. It would be such a shame if the Mods are blocked. Of course they should be prevented for MP but SP is a totally different matter.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 12 2010, 20:49)
QUOTE (mirmihir @ Apr 12 2010, 21:41)
off topic: Come on CC now u have to give up ur jc2 fanaticism!

I wouldn't call myself a fan of the game, I just think it is a very well put together game and the developer Avalanche treated PC gamers with some respect that is all.

I appreciate that Toronto has done this patch, they could have just done a Rockstar North and left the issues unresolved. However we should remember here this is a patch to fix FAULTS with the game, faults we have been complaining about for nearly 2 years. These faults weren't "subtle" either they were IN YOUR FACE glaring omissions that should have been spotted before GTA 4 was even unleashed on the general public.

I hope those still playing GTA 4 will enjoy the game with this new patch, I hope this new patch actually does what the patch notes are saying it is supposed to do. However for people like me I won't be in any great hurry to reinstall GTA 4 again just for this patch.

Well said!

reminds me of those good ol days when you were a moderator!

I stand firmly behind Toronto and i shall support all their games especially if it involves porting a certain Red Dead Redemption!

Free_Runner
  • Free_Runner

OMG!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

lol

WTFX
  • WTFX

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

i -hope- it's the cure-for-all miracle patch that makes the game butter smooth. after these two long years.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:05 PM Edited by Hydro_PT, 12 April 2010 - 09:08 PM.

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Apr 12 2010, 21:49)

Especially when they don't bother releasing a game for Windows XP, even though half of the market still runs Windows XP, not the crap that Vista is or Windows 7. smile.gif

I played Just Cause 1 and the game is fun for the first hours, then it starts becoming boring as hell. A few friends have played Just Cause 2 and they say nothing much was improved on that, it's fun the first hours, then it starts to get boring. I was looking forward to try it out at least, but since my Windows XP cannot play it... I will just ignore it.

@JigglyAss: The retail edition will have extra radio stations that the DLCs don't have, but if you buy the retail edition, you won't be able to listen to GTA IV's songs anymore. And it will work as a separate game. Basically the retail version of Episodes From Liberty City is a standalone expansion for GTA IV. Like Episode Two for Half-Life 2. You will need to install and launch EFLC and then choose TLAD or TBOGT. If you want to play GTA IV, you also need to have it installed and launch it separately. wink.gif

The DLCs need GTA IV already installed, so they share some content and I believe you can switch from one to another via the phone like in the consoles (not sure).

jesusramirez
  • jesusramirez

GTA IV PC

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 20:43)

When the DLC is released on GFWL - Marketplace, you will be able to purchase/redeem/download the episodes from within the GFWL interface or through the GTA IV front end menu. If done this way, you will be able to select any of the three games without having to start a new game.

yeah I will download DLCs from GFWL - Marketplace but the question is when? Can we download them 13. April from Europe?

By the way thx for the support....

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

*pinches himself*

This is unbelievable! happy.gif
It's great to see that you R* guys have fixed/improved the stuff we made endless threads about, including improving shadows and even misc stuff like ' Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping'. This is awesome guys, seriously. I have never expected this. tounge2.gif

I'm really looking forward to this, again: this is awesome. inlove.gif

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:10 PM

I'll post when MS informs me that the Title Update and the DLC's become available on GFWL.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 22:10)
I'll post when MS informs me that the Title Update and the DLC's become available on GFWL.

Could we be informed of if the UK will get the DLC as well? (Apr 13.)

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

I guess, it will be tomorrow.
The date checker is for Europe to 16th or 13th April?
How much GBytes will have the Episodes?

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:21 PM Edited by livilaNic, 12 April 2010 - 09:26 PM.

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 13:55)

Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application

Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game

Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented

Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows

User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

Improved memory management

Bug Fixes

Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am

Fix floating street textures

Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

Some great stuff there! Especially the moon and no pop up peds at 30 ft(crosses fingers)!

Hopefully nothing else is borked this time around. Yous are good at fixing thing's, yet you break something else. It's all good. tounge.gif

Thanks for the fixes. FINALLY! Hehe.

JohnZS
  • JohnZS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

Thank you very much Rockstar smile.gif
I must admit I was losing the faith, but this post has made me seriously consider pre-ordering Episodes for Liberty City. The only question is, shall I order the Disc? Or get it on DLC?
Thank you....
John

Talidan
  • Talidan

Taliban representative for the GTAF community

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:29 PM Edited by Talidan, 12 April 2010 - 09:32 PM.

Hey R*

Will the DLC version of the episodes only be distributed via GFWL? Will there be any DLC additions via Steam?

Great job on the patch.

Thanks

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Talidan @ Apr 12 2010, 16:29)
Hey R*

Will the DLC version of the episodes only be distributed via GFWL? Will there be any DLC additions via Steam?

Great job on the patch.

Thanks

You'll be able to purchase the episodes from other online distributors if desired; they will provide you with a redemption token that you enter into GFWL which will then allow you to download the episode.

Ogs
  • Ogs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Can you give any impressions on the performance differences thanks to this patch ?

JayStarr1
  • JayStarr1

Tha Motherflippin'

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:45 PM Edited by JayStarr1, 12 April 2010 - 09:49 PM.

You never cease to amaze, R*

Thanks for the news and the patch also, will help my bad system run both IV and when I buy it, EFLC as well.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (Ogs @ Apr 12 2010, 21:44)
Can you give any impressions on the performance differences thanks to this patch ?

Ya please do R* I cant wait!

Have a cookie cookie.gif

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:51 PM Edited by Nillus, 12 April 2010 - 09:54 PM.

Rockstar, will the disk and GFWL Marketplace versions of EFLC be identical (content-wise)?

As I recall that the retail disk version of EFLC for the Xbox 360 had extra audio etc - stuff not found in its Marketplace twin... wow.gif

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks R*, patch details look very promising. I really like that you've added car shadows back!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:04 PM

Hope this is true Rockstar Toronto, just posted this news on the main page at GTAGaming to let other people know!

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 21:55)
Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

Thank you.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

Did you guys up the number of particles, trash, and such in the new version? Or was I just able to notice them more since the shadows are less flickery now?

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Apr 12 2010, 23:05)
not the crap that Vista is or Windows 7. smile.gif

I'm not into starting any pissing contests, but you really shouldn't talk out of your ass. It has been proven a number of times that on newer machines even Vista does better then XP in terms of game performance. Attribute it to better driver support or whatever, but XP is slowly fading into legacy support.

mega160
  • mega160

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

ROCKSTAR PLEASE ANSWER

WILL THE MULTILAYER ON BALLAD OF GAY TONY DOWNLOADED FROM THE MARKET PLACE BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE DISK VERSION OF THE GAME
FOR EXAMPLE YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY LOST AND DAMNED DOWNLOADED MULTIPLAYER WITH A PERSON WHO OWN THE DISK. WILL THAT BE THE CASE BECAUSE YOUR GUYS ANSWER WILL MAKE ME DECIDE WHAT GAME I WIL BUY

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (mega160 @ Apr 12 2010, 17:48)
ROCKSTAR PLEASE ANSWER

WILL THE MULTILAYER ON BALLAD OF GAY TONY DOWNLOADED FROM THE MARKET PLACE BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE DISK VERSION OF THE GAME
FOR EXAMPLE YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO PLAY LOST AND DAMNED DOWNLOADED MULTIPLAYER WITH A PERSON WHO OWN THE DISK. WILL THAT BE THE CASE BECAUSE YOUR GUYS ANSWER WILL MAKE ME DECIDE WHAT GAME I WIL BUY

They've answers this tons of times. Disc EFLC will be compatible with TBOGT/TLAD DLC multiplayer.

Jask777
  • Jask777

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:57 PM

lol Boris has already invented the moon with his ENB series for GTA IV (but not lunar phases i think).

But nonetheless great update. icon14.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Jask777 @ Apr 12 2010, 22:57)
lol Boris has already invented the moon with his ENB series for GTA IV (but not lunar phases i think).

But nonetheless great update. icon14.gif

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

he didnt invented it -_-

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Apr 12 2010, 23:20)
I'm not into starting any pissing contests, but you really shouldn't talk out of your ass. It has been proven a number of times that on newer machines even Vista does better then XP in terms of game performance. Attribute it to better driver support or whatever, but XP is slowly fading into legacy support.

I had Vista installed on my machine for about a week, for testing purposes, and I was very disappointed. All games had worst performance than on XP, and I wasn't amazed with DX 10 at all. Plus, the computer was much slower with Vista than with XP, so I eventually gave up. That's the reason I say Vista is crap. It has some good features, I won't deny that, but overall, I think it is one of the worst OS Microsoft has released, and surely worst than XP.

I installed Vista on June 2008, roughly 2 months after buying my current PC. Service Pack 2 was already out and there was a good driver support, yet the performance was worse than on XP. At the time, my computer was very good, most parts had just been released, so it was hard to get better hardware. I don't think things would change if I install Vista right now. wink.gif

And if you do some research, you will see that most tests out there prove that XP is faster than Vista overall, with 7 being the best. I know that eventually XP won't be used anymore, but today it is the most widely used OS, and that's 9 years after its release. It has to mean something, right?

Btw, in my sentence, "crap" is only applied to Windows Vista, not 7. I haven't tested this one yet, but it seems to be the true successor of Windows XP. wink.gif

PS: Sorry for the off-topic.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Apr 12 2010, 23:07)
QUOTE (Jask777 @ Apr 12 2010, 22:57)

But nonetheless great update.  icon14.gif

cookie.gif   cookie.gif   cookie.gif

he didnt invented it -_-

no its god orly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users