Photo

GTA IV PATCH 6

1,180 replies to this topic
Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:55 PM Edited by Rockstar Toronto, 19 April 2010 - 09:51 PM.

We’re proud to announce a new title update is coming to owners of the original GTA IV PC that includes all the enhancements found in Episodes from Liberty City. The title update is now available for download through Games for Windows – Live. We will be hosting a downloadable version on our support site which you can find here:

http://support.rocks...s/IV_Patch_1060

Thanks to all our fans for supporting us.

GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 \ 1.0.5.1 \ 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)

Rockstar Games Social Club

• Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application

• Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game

• Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

• A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented

• Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

• Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows

• User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

• Improved memory management

Multiplayer

• Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Episodic Content

• Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)

Bug Fixes

• Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am

• Fix floating street textures

• Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

• The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

• Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus

• "RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations

EDDS
  • EDDS

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

wow really thought we'd seen the last of the patchs for gta iv pc.

great job.

norbi1988
  • norbi1988

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:14 PM

Thank you R*

Lodis
  • Lodis

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

This is great news. I have a pre order of the DLC and look forward to patch 6.

Leopard_
  • Leopard_

Call me Leo.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

Thanks. Seems like GhostStorm was right.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 20:55)
GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 \ 1.0.5.1 \ 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)

Couldn't make up your mind on what version to call it eh ? tounge.gif It is good to see Toronto supporting GTA and FINALLY fixing game problems nearly 2 years after we started pointing them out. I might even be encouraged to reinstall GTA 4 and actually see if things have improved. However for now I think I will let others "experience" this patch before I go anywhere near it.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:20 PM

Nice one, have you disabled modding again in this patch, or are you being even more kind to us and letting it lie?

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

GREAAAAT~! Thank you R*. I hope this resolves most issues we've all complained about.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

Wow, I wasn't expecting another patch! This is great news, and it seems like you guys have been working really hard to get everything fixed. wink.gif

It's unbelievable the support we had so far. The game was released 1 year and 4 months and you still keep trying to fix what you done wrong. I hope this patch fixes everything you say it will fix and I also hope that this one won't bring any new problems. smile.gif

And of course I can't wait for Episodes From Liberty City. Let's hope you don't need so many patches on that one, right? devil.gif

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:23 PM Edited by Rockstar Toronto, 12 April 2010 - 08:26 PM.

There have always been different version numbers for the updates. The last digit denotes the region the patch is for.

When we were given the opportunity to release another patch we made sure to look through these forums to address as many requests as possible.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Apr 12 2010, 20:20)
Nice one, have you disabled modding again in this patch, or are you being even more kind to us and letting it lie?

Yeah I would like to know the same thing.

Nice versioning by the way, 1.0.6.0, 1.0.5.1, 1.0.4.2 ?

NTxC
  • NTxC

GTA V.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:25 PM

Sounds good, R*. Looking forward to the release of the patch. icon14.gif

GhostStorm
  • GhostStorm

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:26 PM

I posted about it here before you did and was hit with a wall of doubt from people, so thanks for giving it the official word.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=445389 <--- My post on the subject.

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Initially I was going to add to your post Ghoststorm, but when we saw there was some doubt I decided to start this thread. Thanks for supporting us!

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

icon14.gif
Great, good to hear about new patch! It's good news ;]

GhostStorm
  • GhostStorm

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 20:27)
Initially I was going to add to your post Ghoststorm, but when we saw there was some doubt I decided to start this thread. Thanks for supporting us!

Your welcome.

I got the press release so I had to release the info anyway as I did here: http://www.ghoststor...or-gtaiv-on-pc/

I thankyou however for posting it here too because now it proves I wasnt telling lies smile.gif

Are you going to allow mods such as Liberty City First Response function as they currently do with patch 1.0.4.0 or are you not going to allow it as you did with patch 1.0.0.4?

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

OMG, they put the moon back!

The game is already great, but this is even better!

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hey R*
Say for example if we already have the original GTA 4 installed, can we just patch it and add the episodes from the disk to the original version that is installed already or do we have to install the episodes separately from the disk to play em?

Also, will we be able to switch from Niko's story to the episodes without having to start a new game, as in quit the current game and run a separate executable?
Thanks.
PS: Any more patches in the future or this is the last one?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

Nice R*, I'm waiting for EFLC, three days.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:36 PM

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I LUV U R* inlove.gif

Improved shadows! inlove.gif

Edit: They also fixed the peds in cars sniping prob so have a cookie R*!
U deserve it!

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 20:27)

will modding have more support on patch 6??

GhostStorm
  • GhostStorm

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 12 2010, 20:33)
Hey R*
Say for example if we already have the original GTA 4 installed, can we just patch it and add the episodes from the disk to the original version that is installed already or do we have to install the episodes separately from the disk to play em?

Also, will we be able to switch from Niko's story to the episodes without having to start a new game, as in quit the current game and run a separate executable?
Thanks.

I cant see how any of that would be possible considering they are standalone games but I could be wrong.

On2wheels
  • On2wheels

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Very nice, thanks for the support! I'm buying EFLC tomorrow!

ThomasPL
  • ThomasPL

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:39 PM

Any chance about a AA patch soon?

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (GhostStorm @ Apr 12 2010, 16:38)
QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 12 2010, 20:33)
Hey R*

Thanks.

I cant see how any of that would be possible considering they are standalone games but I could be wrong.

Might be, but while the R* guy is here better ask...

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (ThomasPL @ Apr 12 2010, 20:39)
Any chance about a AA patch soon?

Lay off it man!
It is the thing which i care abt the least!

off topic: Come on CC now u have to give up ur jc2 fanaticism!

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

Official LC Hotdog Stand Explosive Defuser

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

We love you R*! wink.gif

I've been considering getting IV for my PC for a looooong time, despite having completed it on 360 and PS3. If this patch is as good as it seems I think I might buy it, I have been looking for an excuse to buy IV and this is as good as any! biggrin.gif

icon14.gif Good work R*!

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 12 2010, 15:33)
Hey R*

Thanks.

If you already have GTA IV installed, sign into GFWL and apply the update when it becomes available.

When the DLC is released on GFWL - Marketplace, you will be able to purchase/redeem/download the episodes from within the GFWL interface or through the GTA IV front end menu. If done this way, you will be able to select any of the three games without having to start a new game.

If you purchase EFLC on disc, it will install in it's own directory and you will not be able to play the original GTA IV unless you quit out of EFLC and load up GTA IV.

Jigglyass
  • Jigglyass

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Apr 12 2010, 16:43)
QUOTE (JigglyAss @ Apr 12 2010, 15:33)
Hey R*

Thanks.

If you already have GTA IV installed, sign into GFWL and apply the update when it becomes available.

When the DLC is released on GFWL - Marketplace, you will be able to purchase/redeem/download the episodes from within the GFWL interface or through the GTA IV front end menu. If done this way, you will be able to select any of the three games without having to start a new game.

If you purchase EFLC on disc, it will install in it's own directory and you will not be able to play the original GTA IV unless you quit out of EFLC and load up GTA IV.

The disk includes the extra radio stations, and the DLC from the MS marketplace will not.
Is that correct?
Or both of the episodes from MS marketplace and on the disk are identical in terms of features?

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (mirmihir @ Apr 12 2010, 21:41)
off topic: Come on CC now u have to give up ur jc2 fanaticism!

I wouldn't call myself a fan of the game, I just think it is a very well put together game and the developer Avalanche treated PC gamers with some respect that is all.

I appreciate that Toronto has done this patch, they could have just done a Rockstar North and left the issues unresolved. However we should remember here this is a patch to fix FAULTS with the game, faults we have been complaining about for nearly 2 years. These faults weren't "subtle" either they were IN YOUR FACE glaring omissions that should have been spotted before GTA 4 was even unleashed on the general public.

I hope those still playing GTA 4 will enjoy the game with this new patch, I hope this new patch actually does what the patch notes are saying it is supposed to do. However for people like me I won't be in any great hurry to reinstall GTA 4 again just for this patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users