» «
Photo

[Missions] Reverenth's Missions

10 replies to this topic
Reverenth
  • Reverenth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:29 PM Edited by Reverenth, 30 April 2010 - 09:00 PM.

Hey there biggrin.gif .

For 3 days I've been working on a series for DYOM (after I found the mod I became addicted to it, lol.) called Down with the Grove.

"Down with the Grove" is a random storyline taking place after the events of GTA:SA. Grove Street is now one of the most powerful gangs in San Andreas, and a chaotic-good assassin order is trying to tear them apart. You play as a new initiate in the family, with your partner Lorano.

Part I: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4711

Part II Interlude: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4719

This is the interlude of Part 2 of the Down with the Grove series.

In an earlier incident, Sweet and many other Grove Street members were ambushed and imprisoned, days after the Jefferson Motel incident. CJ and the rest of the gang lead an all-out assault on the Police and Federal officers, will they be able to free Sweet and their homies?

Part II Prologue: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4723

The Ballas have requested the assassins' help to attack the Grove in their second asset to their gang (their crib). However, they require federal documents which pinpoints the exact location of the Groves' crib.

You will go on a (short) stealth mission into the FBI headquarters to acquire this document.

Part II: The Enemy of my Enemy http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4736

[Cutscene Mission] (RECOMMEND YOU PLAY THIS FOR INFORMATION)
(This is just the cutscene mission into the next part of Part II)

Vlad(your boss) has initiated the attack on the second Grove asset: their crib.

However, the Ballas don't show up to their headquarters, so unfortunately they must assault alone, apparently.

Part II: Old Enemies http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4746

The Ballas initiate their assault on Grove and the assassin organization outside Grove's crib. However, CJ went to go fetch reinforcements so he left the three assassins to defend the crib from waves of Ballas gang members. Will they be able to survive?

Please comment or post any tips/ideas ,and I appreciate criticism smile.gif

Part III: Finale http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4934

After successfully pushing back the Ballas from inside the mansion, Grove and the assassin organizations are yet again battling it out on both sides of the mansion.

Lorano is dead, Vlad seeks vengeance.

Will he be able to smoke the Smoke or will they fall before the Ballas?

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Hi there,

I played your missions here's my impressions:

Your missions in general:

- Writing:
Very good, the dialogues have a gangster vocabulary but they're well written.
- Presentation: Very good. Very good angle between different cutscenes. Interesting story between a war between Grove Street and the cops.

Down with groove 1:

- Length: It was quite long to be honest. But I couldn't finish it because the game crashed after the player went outside after beating Ryder. It took me 10 minutes at this point.
- Difficulty: Quite hard, the enemies have high accuracy inside the motel.
- Variety: Excellent. Good variety of actors and good amount of weapons to try.

Down with groove 2:

- Length: Good, it took me 8 minutes to beat it. Sweet and his OGs are fighting against the cops in the first floor of Smoke crack palace.
- Difficulty: Quite hard, the enemies have high accuracy and lots of HP. But the allies assistance made the mission bearable.
- Variety: Excellent. Grove Street vs the cops. A lots of different guns flying everywhere.

In short, your missions is very good. You have interesting ideas and the fact it's your first missions, it's quite an impressive feat. But the "Down with Groove 1" mission crashed, it might be that you putted too much actors that the game cannot hold it. Try to hide dead actors or actors you don't need anymore after an objective, it might not crash this way.

Otherwise keep up the good work icon14.gif . I would like too see what happen next biggrin.gif .

PS: Try my missions. It might help you for your future ideas smile.gif .

Reverenth
  • Reverenth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (AznKei @ Apr 11 2010, 22:56)
Hi there,

I played your missions here's my impressions:

Your missions in general:

- Writing:
Very good, the dialogues have a gangster vocabulary but they're well written.
- Presentation: Very good. Very good angle between different cutscenes. Interesting story between a war between Grove Street and the cops.

Down with groove 1:

- Length: It was quite long to be honest. But I couldn't finish it because the game crashed after the player  went outside after beating Ryder. It took me 10 minutes at this point.
- Difficulty: Quite hard, the enemies have high accuracy inside the motel.
- Variety: Excellent. Good variety of actors and good amount of weapons to try.

Down with groove 2:

- Length: Good, it took me 8 minutes to beat it. Sweet and his OGs are fighting against the cops in the first floor of Smoke crack palace.
- Difficulty: Quite hard, the enemies have high accuracy and lots of HP. But the allies assistance made the mission bearable.
- Variety: Excellent. Grove Street vs the cops. A lots of different guns flying everywhere.

In short, your missions is very good. You have interesting ideas and the fact it's your first missions, it's quite an impressive feat. But the "Down with Groove 1" mission crashed, it might be that you putted too much actors that the game cannot hold it. Try to hide dead actors or actors you don't need anymore after an objective, it might not crash this way.

Otherwise keep up the good work  icon14.gif . I would like too see what happen next biggrin.gif .

PS: Try my missions. It might help you for your future ideas smile.gif .

Thanks for your input!

Yeah, I thought I had that crash fixed, apparently not. I'll do what you said there smile.gif . By the way, there wasn't really much you missed. All you do after that is drive back to your base with no more problems (yes, I'm lazy at the end sometimes xD) and your boss congratulates you and sends you out.

I didn't really think anyone would like an easy mission, so I did make it a bit hard. I frustrated myself with the hotel as well, I'll change that in my future missions, thanks! biggrin.gif

For the interlude mission, I made the enemies have high accuracy to make it balanced, since you have many allies. I also added some cover too (can be destroyed, though). I just took cover and shot xD.

Well, once again, thanks for your input biggrin.gif . I'll also check out your missions too, I'm curious :3.

LnDProductions
  • LnDProductions

Homeboy

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Now this is my comment:

1. Full of action in Part 1 and Part 2. There were lots of action in PART 2 smile.gif
2. I liked when you made a prison in Smoke's crack palace. Nice idea smile.gif
3. Good missions biggrin.gif

Nice job. Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif I'm interested what will happens next.

Reverenth
  • Reverenth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:33 PM Edited by Reverenth, 11 April 2010 - 11:55 PM.

QUOTE (leoncj @ Apr 11 2010, 23:04)
Now this is my comment:

1. Full of action in Part 1 and Part 2. There were lots of action in PART 2 smile.gif
2. I liked when you made a prison in Smoke's crack palace. Nice idea smile.gif
3. Good missions biggrin.gif

Nice job. Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif I'm interested what will happens next.

Thanks smile.gif .

Edit: Updated Part 2, made enemy accuracy lower and tested it, this mission should be medium difficulty unless you run out in the open and shoot tounge.gif .
Edit: Did the same with part 1, you should find you will be able to complete it in 1 - 2 tries smile.gif .

[COD5]Hunter123
  • [COD5]Hunter123

DYOM Mission Creater/Player/Pro

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:46 PM

did you fixed stuff i said to you? (about :
I killed ryder but im still on objective biggrin.gif i got outside...and i faund few enemys at motel AND some ballas theat i just passed but not killed biggrin.gif )
Greate missions!
TIP:Download Notepad++ and read some infomation in this page how to use it... you can use notepad++ for : Adding colors,and some more
Keep up the good job!

Reverenth
  • Reverenth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE ([COD5]Hunter123 @ Apr 12 2010, 16:46)
did you fixed stuff i said to you? (about :
I killed ryder but im still on objective biggrin.gif i got outside...and i faund few enemys at motel AND some ballas theat i just passed but not killed biggrin.gif )
Greate missions!
TIP:Download Notepad++ and read some infomation in this page how to use it... you can use notepad++ for : Adding colors,and some more
Keep up the good job!

I fixed that stuff, thanks :3

Yeah last night I just downloaded that, planning to use that to color/add some symbols I couldn't add in-game.

Reverenth
  • Reverenth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:53 AM Edited by Reverenth, 14 April 2010 - 12:36 AM.

Added Part II: The Enemy of my Enemy

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4736

Added Part II: Old Enemies

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4746

The Ballas initiate their assault on Grove and the assassin organization outside Grove's crib. However, CJ went to go fetch reinforcements so he left the three assassins to defend the crib from waves of Ballas gang members. Will they be able to survive?

[COD5]Hunter123
  • [COD5]Hunter123

DYOM Mission Creater/Player/Pro

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Lol,add some minimissions... or some new story line missions...lol becouse you only maked this mission biggrin.gif

And here a rondom tip (cuz i dont want to make a topic:

*How To Make Your Mission Pack With Only DYOM0 For Test Run?*
As all know... theares somekind way to upload mission while in .rar

So it's very easy biggrin.gif

Step 1: Press Publish Mission

Step 2: Press "Rename" missionfile
Step 3: Make it DYOM* (*-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
Step 4: Save It and Run Mission And you will cannot edit it!
Enjoy biggrin.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE ([COD5)
Hunter123,Apr 21 2010, 12:18] Lol,add some minimissions... or some new story line missions...lol becouse you only maked this mission biggrin.gif

And here a rondom tip (cuz i dont want to make a topic:

*How To Make Your Mission Pack With Only DYOM0 For Test Run?*
As all know... theares somekind way to upload mission while in .rar

So it's very easy biggrin.gif

Step 1: Press Publish Mission

Step 2: Press "Rename" missionfile
Step 3: Make it DYOM* (*-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
Step 4: Save It and Run Mission And you will cannot edit it!
Enjoy biggrin.gif

or just download it from the DYOM site O_O

Reverenth
  • Reverenth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:38 AM Edited by Reverenth, 30 April 2010 - 09:00 PM.

Just finished making the Finale!

After successfully pushing back the Ballas from inside the mansion, Grove and the assassin organizations are yet again battling it out on both sides of the mansion.

Lorano is dead, Vlad seeks vengeance.

Will he be able to smoke the Smoke or will they fall before the Ballas?

http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4934

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users