» «
Photo

[DYOM mission]Home "Sweet" Home

9 replies to this topic
thep
  • thep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:44 AM Edited by thep, 11 April 2010 - 02:53 AM.

Download link: http://dyom.gtagames...ct=show&id=4709

THIS IS HOME 'SWEET' HOME , PART 1. THE STORY IS AS FOLLOWS: (IMPORTANT MESSAGE AT LAST DESCRIPTION)

Ok, so Tenpenny is sure of the where-a-bouts of Sweet! You are desperate to find your brother, maybe a little 'too' desperate! - You're willing to trust Tenpenny as a consequence, now - he wants a briefcase off a ship, with one problem, the ship is full of drugs and arms dealers, all of different accuracy abilities (hint hint).

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wqtwkz.jpg

So, you've cleared the ship of its dealers, now you are directed to the 'safe'house where Sweet is supposedly at, so ironic that this so-called "safe"house is most definitley THE hardest part of the mission, and don't let those words go unnoticed. At the safehouse, you are firstly confronted by around 10 personal characters that you should have met along the way in your journey of San Andreas, characters such as Catalina, that old fool Emmet, that mute from Grand Theft Auto 3 and much more.

http://i43.tinypic.com/15341l5.jpg

Should you survive the mediocore-personal characters, you are then faced with the hardest challenge of the mission, you need to advance in to the safehouse, get the jetpack and get to the objective on the inside-balcony. This is no easy trip of course. Inside the safehouse, in awkward hidden positions, are THE most personal characters you encountered on the journey of San Andreas! Yeah, that pot-smoking crack Ryder is back, and so is Big Smoke(with armor), and then there's the blind leader of the Triads, that hippy and many more - so, equipped with AKs and Combat Shotguns, with their precision accuracy, positioned to surround, how on earth are you going to clear them ALL out and get the objective ALIVE! With the constant annoyance of police trying to disrupt your mission also, seems an impossible task....

http://i43.tinypic.com/2vb7fw8.jpg

But don't fear, there are few helpers a long the way, possibly some you couldn't do without, so keep both your eyes open boy! Maybe there's a couple of bribe stars around to get the cops off your back, or maybe some night-vision goggles if it gets too dark for you! Who knows, maybe an all-round invincible vehicle that you couldn't do without (by the way) its not locked! - if it is - wrong vehicle! So, with the correct combination of a small piece of skill, but stratergy and AWARENESS to find the hidden helpers, complete this mission, then be ready for Home Sweet Home Part 2!

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: BY THE WAY, THIS MISSION WAS NOT MADE BY COMPLETE MINDLESSNESS, I DID NOT THROW 20 CHARACTERS TOGETHER WITH PRECISION ACCURACY JUST TO P*** YOU OFF! THESE CHARACTERS ARE BEATABLE, THIS MISSION IS BEATABLE, WITH PRACTICE, STRATERGY AND AWARENESS OF HIDDEN HELPERS! GO FOR IT!

Brian Walker
  • Brian Walker

Nope, i am not alive, not inside, and i'm not a fool

• Members

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:52 AM

Good job thep i verry liked this mission , (But why did you not make an enemy actor with kill all enemies on?) A bit hard, but i finished it without cheat, For first mission is good , make other missions and.... try to make them a lil more easy xD

thep
  • thep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Brian Walker @ Apr 11 2010, 08:52)
Good job thep i verry liked this mission , (But why did you not make an enemy actor with kill all enemies on?) A bit hard, but i finished it without cheat, For first mission is good , make other missions and.... try to make them a lil more easy xD

lol thanks, Home Sweet Home Part 2 will be coming out soon, it will be a bit hard, but not as hard as Part 1, it will be more fast-paced quick-timing kind of mission, glad you liked it, and well done for completing wink.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Ok my review about your mission smile.gif .

Home Sweet Home:

- Writing: It's excellent. No complaints about it.
- Presentation: It could be better, there is a lack of cutscenes. Because of this, the whole storyline feels random.
- Length: Very long, it took me 12 minutes to complete it. CJ has to save Sweet from the bad guys.
- Difficulty: Hard, mostly because of the enemies high accuracy and health and the constant cop interference.
- Variety: Good variety of enemies, good choice of different weapons.

For your first mission, it's quite good. The wanted level should be disabled because the cop inference makes the mission hard in an annoying way, especially when it's an police officer who gave the task to the player. To disable them go to " Menu > Settings > Maximum wanted level > O stars ". Also the high accuracy of enemies makes the mission longer as the player has to be focused to stay alive. Try to make cutscenes, as it would give your missions more depth.

Otherwise, it's great! Keep up the good work icon14.gif . You will improve by experience biggrin.gif .

thep
  • thep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (AznKei @ Apr 12 2010, 20:16)
Ok my review about your mission smile.gif .

Home Sweet Home:

- Writing: It's excellent. No complaints about it.
- Presentation: It could be better, there is a lack of cutscenes. Because of this, the whole storyline feels random.
- Length: Very long, it took me 12 minutes to complete it. CJ has to save Sweet from the bad guys.
- Difficulty: Hard, mostly because of the enemies high accuracy and health and the constant cop interference.
- Variety: Good variety of enemies, good choice of different weapons.

For your first mission, it's quite good. The wanted level should be disabled because the cop inference makes the mission hard in an annoying way, especially when it's an police officer who gave the task to the player. To disable them go to " Menu > Settings > Maximum wanted level > O stars ". Also the high accuracy of enemies makes the mission longer as the player has to be focused to stay alive. Try to make cutscenes, as it would give your missions more depth.

Otherwise, it's great! Keep up the good work icon14.gif . You will improve by experience biggrin.gif .

Yeah I noticed the lack of explanation through the cut scenes, which is why I linked people to here, but some very good points though. Thanks for the detailed feedback, it really helped. On the cut scenes, when I try to make one on an objective - it says maximum 3 spaces, so I type what I need to type, but then it jus doesn't seem to go anywhere. I press enter nothing, space nothing and I just end up cancelling it. How exactly do I make cut scenes? Thanks again.

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:37 PM Edited by AznKei, 13 April 2010 - 07:41 PM.

QUOTE (thep @ Apr 13 2010, 17:18)
Yeah I noticed the lack of explanation through the cut scenes, which is why I linked people to here, but some very good points though. Thanks for the detailed feedback, it really helped. On the cut scenes, when I try to make one on an objective - it says maximum 3 spaces, so I type what I need to type, but then it jus doesn't seem to go anywhere. I press enter nothing, space nothing and I just end up cancelling it. How exactly do I make cut scenes? Thanks again.

Well, making cutscenes can be a difficult process depending how you wanted to present them.

First of all, you might going to check this link, as it shows you some video tutorials how to make cutscenes. But in short, you just go to "Menu > Objectives > Add Objectives > Special Objectives > Cutscenes > "Edit your viewing angle" > "Edit your cutscene duration" > "Write your text" " and voila, you just did a cutscene.

Second of all, if you're making some cutscenes for a detailed mission such as yours, I'll also suggest you to learn how to hide/spawn actors after a specific objective . Because if you don't do those procedures, you might going to see some really unpleasant results. You might as well doing some backups of your mission file before doing cutscenes.

As for the viewing angle and the way you wanted to present your cutscenes. I'll suggest you to download other authors mission files. Some of the complicated cutscenes includes: how to hunt down an helicopter with a bazooka, to make an actor shooting in close-view, to make an actor falling from the top of a building or tower, to make an actor killing another one and so on. Most of them are already done on my missions.

I hope that helps smile.gif .

thep
  • thep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:12 PM Edited by thep, 13 April 2010 - 08:27 PM.

QUOTE (AznKei @ Apr 13 2010, 19:37)
QUOTE (thep @ Apr 13 2010, 17:18)

Well, making cutscenes can be a difficult process depending how you wanted to present them.

First of all, you might going to check this link, as it shows you some video tutorials how to make cutscenes. But in short, you just go to "Menu > Objectives > Add Objectives > Special Objectives > Cutscenes > "Edit your viewing angle" > "Edit your cutscene duration" > "Write your text" " and voila, you just did a cutscene.

Second of all, if you're making some cutscenes for a detailed mission such as yours, I'll also suggest you to learn how to hide/spawn actors after a specific objective . Because if you don't do those procedures, you might going to see some really unpleasant results. You might as well doing some backups of your mission file before doing cutscenes.

As for the viewing angle and the way you wanted to present your cutscenes. I'll suggest you to download other authors mission files. Some of the complicated cutscenes includes: how to hunt down an helicopter with a bazooka, to make an actor shooting in close-view, to make an actor falling from the top of a building or tower, to make an actor killing another one and so on. Most of them are already done on my missions.

I hope that helps smile.gif .

Ah cool, thanks for your help. I'll check out some of the links. smile.gif

EDIT: Oh btw, before I take a look at these, is it easy to do multiple cutscenes in one objective-like, like on the Tony Resta's mission where it shows you several different scenes before you even get started? Thanks smile.gif

AznKei
  • AznKei

DYOM reviewer

• Members

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (thep @ Apr 13 2010, 20:12)

EDIT: Oh btw, before I take a look at these, is it easy to do multiple cutscenes in one objective-like, like on the Tony Resta's mission where it shows you several different scenes before you even get started? Thanks smile.gif

Whenever a cutscene is done, one objective is been used. There's no way you can do many cutscenes in one objective in the current DYOM version.

As for the Tony Resta's mission cutscenes, what he did is that he teleported the player where it cannot be seen in any of the cutscenes. Then he uses an actor that looked the same as the player, in which he hides it afterward when you start the mission. The prologue cutscenes were his first set of objectives.

thep
  • thep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (AznKei @ Apr 13 2010, 20:59)
QUOTE (thep @ Apr 13 2010, 20:12)

Whenever a cutscene is done, one objective is been used. There's no way you can do many cutscenes in one objective in the current DYOM version.

As for the Tony Resta's mission cutscenes, what he did is that he teleported the player where it cannot be seen in any of the cutscenes. Then he uses an actor that looked the same as the player, in which he hides it afterward when you start the mission. The prologue cutscenes were his first set of objectives.

Ahhh I see, very clever, OK, thanks colgate.gif

thep
  • thep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:12 PM Edited by thep, 15 April 2010 - 07:16 PM.

Yeah I've just done Home Sweet Home Part 2 which isn't as much as a gunfire challenge as Part 1, more fast-paced scenario-changing mission, but when I get to a certain objective which is placed after a boat ride, for some reason the traffic stops. Peds are still there but no traffic to be seen, it is only a normal checkpoint objective, very unusual, apart from that its pretty "Sweet" icon14.gif

BTW: I added some cutscenes at the start of the mission to add some "depth" icon14.gif , all I needed to do was simply place some "Cutscene" objectives after the objective 0, in order, and they play in order without showing gameplay, until the first real objective. No need for teleporting smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users