Photo

SAPD Chronicles

108 replies to this topic
JOJOXX
  • JOJOXX

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hey Chimpso! That's trailer is amazingly good.Good work!
I don't can wait to play them devil.gif devil.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

Thanks biggrin.gif .

Zacetnik
  • Zacetnik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

I download it but I dont now how to install. I really want to play it. Plese can someon explains how I can install this.
Thanks

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:06 AM

Do you have DYOM installed? You need it and then just place the .dat files in the GTASA User Files folder.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:50 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 31 August 2010 - 04:54 AM.

That trailer for part 4 is awesome sh*t! icon14.gif double thumbs up icon14.gif

Ive know I have compliment you before.. but I am going to do it again.

I normally dont play cop series ( even though my next chapter of my series has cop like chapter) and this is one of the few that actually got me hooked.

You also keep everything simple and easy to understand with amazing objectives. I have also read your post in other threads giving advice to other mission designers, and its good advice.

I cant wait til part 4 and i will be sure to play it.

However the only ever mod i use are the weapon skins and weapon sounds to make them sound realistic lol tounge.gif
I only use them off and on tho because I play sa-mp and some servers dont allow it sad.gif

Good work

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Thanks you smile.gif . When playing DYOM missions, mods like skins and all that are fine. But things that actually affect gameplay make missions too easy.

Anyways, thank you once again doublepulse biggrin.gif .

Zacetnik
  • Zacetnik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (Chimpso @ Aug 31 2010, 02:06)
Do you have DYOM installed? You need it and then just place the .dat files in the GTASA User Files folder.

No. where I can get the 'DYOM'

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

-.-' You need DYOM (Design Your Own Mission) to play ANY mission here. You can download the latest version here.

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:05 AM Edited by Asepl, 31 August 2010 - 11:13 AM.

Alright, only compliments, but i won't do the same.

Maybe noone cares what i say, but i am getting crazy, when i see everyone saying "cool" "wow super" etc.
Part one and two were (in my opinion) like, bad. For a moment i will explain why. Part 3 was pretty good, but it was lacking some real-life things.

So the things that i don't like in these series:
1. Extremally much spelling mistakes, like "yu" or "t" instead of "to", and of course much in normal words.
2. Most of the first missions were based only on: go there, kill him.
3. Most of the first missions were pretty short.
4. As a SWAT member, i had to go and stop the riot by killing gang members with nightstick, i think its a job for policeman.
5. As a SWAT member, i was working in one, two or max (not counting "reuniting the families") four SWAT members, which is not realistic.
6. You don't know much about SWAT or FBI at all, SWAT isn't for riots, when there are no guns. FBI don't rushes in two men to stop gang war...
7. Every of your sentences were ended by "...", but it might be your style.
8. Grammar mistakes, such as "were" instead of "we're".
9. As the FBI i always look like a cop.
10. In one of SWAT missions, where i have to stop ballas and vagos, from killing aztecas, you make civilians, and give them sub-machine guns? dozingoff.gif

And what i liked in these series:
1. SWAT training, it was really nicely done. And i mean tips with shooting.
2. Nicely remaked "reuniting the families", as the SWAT.
3. Many jokes in dialogues.
4. A storyline, not perfect but there is one.
5. You did nice job setting waypoints and counting the time, for first mission of series.
6. Nice crime scene in mission one of part 3.
7. Good chasing mission (two or three of part 3)

I have been making missions with DYOM for about a year, I am by no means an expert.

Oh spare us your opinion about yourself bored.gif

Well, that were my thoughts, and you don't have to take them seriously, but i would like you to do so.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:27 AM Edited by Chimpso, 31 August 2010 - 11:39 AM.

Meh, realism isin't everything when It comes to DYOM. Also, whats with the opinion thing? I don't see whats wrong with me hunbly accepting that I am not an expert at DYOM. Anyways, in response:

1. Extremally much spelling mistakes, like "yu" or "t" instead of "to", and of course much in normal words. - Yes, Yes I will admit that, spelling is not always my strong point, but you are able to figure out what it means easily.
2. Most of the first missions were based only on: go there, kill him . - I made them very early in my DYOM career, so that explains crapiness.
3. Most of the first missions were pretty short. - See previous answer.
4. As a SWAT member, i had to go and stop the riot by killing gang members with nightstick, i think its a job for policeman. - Really? Most of the time I always have heared (and seen on TV documenteries) that SWAT assist during riots. Strange...
5. As a SWAT member, i was working in one, two or max (not counting "reuniting the families") four SWAT members, which is not realistic. - Meh, it's a game.
6. You don't know much about SWAT or FBI at all, SWAT isn't for riots, when there are no guns. FBI don't rushes in two men to stop gang war... - Same as above, meh.
7. Every of your sentences were ended by "...", but it might be your style. - ... means "to be continued" which could mean later or straight after.
8. Grammar mistakes, such as "were" instead of "we're". - As I said above, grammer and spelling are not always my strong point.
9. As the FBI i always look like a cop. - I try to keep the player using the same model (as their face changes too much). The SWAT gear and occasional free cloths missions are exeptions. You will notice when I release PArt 4 that the SFPD look and FBI look like LSPD cops, so they are not confused with Gerard and the recently deceased Blackmore.
10. In one of SWAT missions, where i have to stop ballas and vagos, from killing aztecas, you make civilians, and give them sub-machine guns? - Civilians in LA fighting to defend their homes. Nothing unusal there.

I understand that you may not like my missions all that much. If that is how you feel then there is some simple advice for you. Don't play them.

Thank you for writing this out though, It's good to see the darker side of my series. Lets hope I can improve a little bit in other missions.

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

I don't see whats wrong with me hunbly accepting that I am not an expert at DYOM.

Hm, sorry then, i understanded it badly.

Meh, realism isn't everything when It comes to DYOM.

Then say, these series aren't made to look realistic, not just post them, like it would be story based on real life.

Civilians in LA fighting to defend their homes. Nothing unusal there.

Yes, and i guess every family in LA have a sub-machinegun, and exits house to shoot on open air in day to gangsters dozingoff.gif

In all, your every answer based on: I was starting with DYOM; Meh, it is only a game, and it don't have to be realistic.

Also, i see some disrespecting behaviour in you, but it may be only my thoughts.

Really? Most of the time I always have heared (and seen on TV documenteries) that SWAT assist during riots. Strange...

So is this game based on real life, or not? Or maybe half this, and half this? If this part was based on real life, then who were they assisting, if there were only SWAT, not police.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Ok, if you really want me to make a totally realistic series, then I will. It will be so hard you won't even bother playing it. The player and his allies will have next to no health, enemies will be crackshots, vehicles would blow up more easily, killing civilians would fail you the mission and the list goes on. You want realistic missions? Try becoming a cop instead. This is DYOM and a video game, it's not ment to be realistic.

If you think that I am being disrespectful then fine, I don't believe that I am, and to be truthfull, I do care about your thoughts on my missions. But your shooting them at me as insults, If anyone here is being disrespectful, then it would have to be yourself. You would never see me going into someones mission thread and saying that sort of stuff. I offer constructive critisicm.

Many civilians in the low class gangster ridden hoods of LA are armed. And drive bys on homes can happen.

To sum it up, I try to keep things realistic, but in the bounds of knowing that this is just a video game.

Zacetnik
  • Zacetnik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Hy
I download it and istall. It's work but all words in mission are in numbers. So I don't understand the instructions of mission.
Can who help me? Tnx...

kamac
  • kamac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Chimpso, the cars can't explode by shooting at them, even if yes, then you have to get really lucky.
About becoming cop, if you so much like making cop series, you should be one, and also, you may not know (of course, i don't suggest anything) but becoming a cop takes few years.
In real life it is not that easy to shoot someone, so instead of
enemies will be crackshots
you got to give them more hp, or a cover.
The player and his allies will have next to no health
A man can survive more that one- two shots from pistol (if you don't mention minigun).

Many civilians in the low class gangster ridden hoods of LA are armed

And maybe all of them posses a gun license? Or maybe they import illegal guns? Or they buy pistol on gas, and remake it to normal, possible. Maybe yes, but how they can have enaught cash for it? Don't answer on it, please because its too much i guess.

To sum it up, I try to keep things realistic, but in the bounds of knowing that this is just a video game.

I think that you could make it more realistic if you would know more about police, but maybe you were a newb in part one and two, and part 4 will be better, nice trailer btw.

-------- Edit -------
Hm, that is my bro account o.- I am asepl, and he forgot to logout (he is interested in scripting)

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:40 PM Edited by Asepl, 01 September 2010 - 08:24 AM.

I post, to make you sure this acc above belongs to my bro.

Edit
If i would keep replying like that it would be spam so i think it is enaught.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:22 AM Edited by Chimpso, 01 September 2010 - 04:50 AM.

So your borhter created an account on GTAforums 2 hours after our discussion started purley by coincidence. Excuse me if I do not believe you.

As to what you said:

About becoming cop, if you so much like making cop series, you should be one, and also, you may not know (of course, i don't suggest anything) but becoming a cop takes few years.
In real life it is not that easy to shoot someone.

This is not real life isin't it? It is a video game created for entertainment, just because I like making cop series doesen't mean that I should become a cop. Thats like saying DYOM users who create gangster series should be gangsters.

And maybe all of them posses a gun license? Or maybe they import illegal guns? Or they buy pistol on gas, and remake it to normal, possible. Maybe yes, but how they can have enaught cash for it? Don't answer on it, please because its too much i guess.

No, a lot of them don't, but they take it apon themselvs to arm up in case their homes come under attack. Weapon modifcations are not uncommon in LA, especially illegal ones, and anyone can get a cheap gun in America.

Also, you are not getting this very well. I'm not going to create a super hard mission for the reasons that I stated. And what are you trying to argue about here? The design of a mission series that you have no part in? The realism of these missions should not and do not concern you. So why are you arguing here?

kamac
  • kamac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:29 AM Edited by kamac, 01 September 2010 - 08:51 AM.

Yea you dont have to believe sarcasm.gif . If you can't take that someone thinks your missions aren't the best of the best of the best then you can still argue and act cool barf8bd.gif . Poker face man. I made Asepl's sig. just to let you know, he's not interested in scripting, i do. These are only some differences between us. You can always make other series, not everyone here like cop missions. Still many of users are beginners and like *everytching*.

borhter, apon themselvs, purley, isin't, hunbly

You look on it and you are like WTF? These above are all your words.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:56 AM Edited by Chimpso, 01 September 2010 - 08:58 AM.

What are you talking about? Do I go around bragging that my missions are "the best of the best"? Have I once during this argument said that my missions are perfecrt? No.
Acting cool? No, I am cool with this, It doesen't concern me and it shoulden't concern you either. Why are you trying to put me off making this series? What do you have against cop series? You may not like them, but the dozens of other people in this thread do. I have recieved generally positive reviews from AznKei, and this mission pack has over 600 downloads on both the DYOM site and GTA Garage, if that is not some form of recignition that my missions are acceptable than I don't know what is.

Also, unlike many people here, English is not my first language, so I can't possibly know all the words. And if you think my writings bad:

Still many of users are beginners and like *everytching*.

What is that supposed to mean? I can't understand it.

This is escalating into an argument now, so please don't reply here again. PM me instead.

kamac
  • kamac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

That's my last reply so sigh.gif . By
Still many of users are beginners and like *everytching*.
i mean that many of them like everytching that's better than their missions, and if they are beginners, they like everytching confused.gif . If English is not your primary language then you shall learn it much more =x.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

Good. If you have anything else to say then PM me.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:34 AM

SAPD CHRONICLES PART 4 IS NOW OUT!

Please give feedback and bug reports. But most of all please enjoy biggrin.gif .

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:33 AM

Part 4 was really nice. Will there be more parts after this?. tounge.gif

And I don't think this series should be too realistic otherwise we wouldn't be able to get chased around by attack helicopters all the time lol. There's a limit in video games for how realistic it should be or it'll suck all the fun out of it.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

Yes, there will be more parts. I originally only plannned to have 5 parts. But due to the series success I think I may add more. Glad you enjoyed it biggrin.gif , and don't worry everyone, you're still being chased by attack helicopters tounge.gif .

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:01 AM

Heh I thought the attack helicopters were very hard parts to defeat them.

I always die by BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Very nice part 4.. tounge.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:53 AM

Thanks biggrin.gif . With attack helis you gotta be fast. If you keep falling off your bike or blundering around then you are screwed. Be sure to keep your eye on the road and off the helicopters.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

How can I Destroy HUNTER WHIT m4 in Torenos Wrath is there a rocket luncher somewhere?

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:35 AM

Nope, you have to shoot it down with any weapon at your disposal. No rocket launchers.

frel2aw
  • frel2aw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:04 AM

hey why sometimes when my mission is success crash?

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

Big missions will often crash after you complete them (it's a DYOM bug). But since you've completed the mission it is not really a problem.

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

When i have seen SAPD Chronicles mission,i tought-it's sh*t...But when i played one mission and it was COOL!Then i played em all...It was SUPER COOL!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users