Photo

Inadvertantly Quit Smoking

28 replies to this topic
G#O$TR!D3R - 133457
  • G#O$TR!D3R - 133457

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:32 AM

So I get sick alot, sometimes four times a year, sometimes more. I just got over one of these, just had bronchitis for a little over a month. Business as usual, just played alot of mw2, the only problem is not making money.

To the point: After a month of not smoking, I tried to light a cigarette.

I've been smoking for eight years, and I felt like I had never had one of these 'things' in my life. It was foreign, it was disgusting, it was revolting, it was even painful. Jesus, eight years? I did that for eight years?

If you're a smoker you have no idea how sh*tty it smells, it actually smells good when you smoke. That smell is disgusting now.

Ugh, it tasted like I had just eaten a parasite off the floor of a Vietnamese brothel.

NO MORE TOBACCO FOR ME, I SUGGEST YOU ALL GET SICK FOR A LONG TIME IF YOU SMOKE AND PUT IT BEHIND YOU, WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO OR THINKING ABOUT IT.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

The opposite goes for me. If I go a lengthy time without a cigarette, it's pleasant to start up again. However, if I've been smoking for a while, eventually, I get bored of the flavor and will put the cigarette out after a drag or two. Makes for a good waste of money.

The only time a cigarette has disgusted me after not smoking it for an extended period of time was when I tried to smoke a Newport recently. I almost gagged lol. And I f*cking loved Newports in high school.

I've smoked every cigarette there is at one point or another. I'm on Malboro Lights now. It does taste and feel a bit lighter than a normal cigarette so it's a good first step to eventually quitting all together. Which will be soon.

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

im smoke occasionally and ill wont quit any time soon, im not addicted i just like a fag every now and then, i dont see a problem with that.

its not that disgusting and dirty, its the same risk as eating fast food, the government have just snapped their fingers recently and said its bad so now its frowned upon.

G#O$TR!D3R - 133457
  • G#O$TR!D3R - 133457

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (DEP @ Apr 2 2010, 11:57)
im smoke occasionally and ill wont quit any time soon, im not addicted i just like a fag every now and then, i dont see a problem with that.

its not that disgusting and dirty, its the same risk as eating fast food, the government have just snapped their fingers recently and said its bad so now its frowned upon.

I'm not saying smoking is disgusting, I'm saying it's disgusting when I try to smoke now, my body totally rejects it now. I'm certainly not getting self righteous on anybody, I was just a smoker last month.

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (G#O$TR!D3R - 133457 @ Apr 2 2010, 12:22)

I'm not saying smoking is disgusting, I'm saying it's disgusting when I try to smoke now, my body totally rejects it now. I'm certainly not getting self righteous on anybody, I was just a smoker last month.

strange, most people are the opposite, as soon as they light up after a long period of not smoking its like nectar.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (G#O$TR!D3R - 133457 @ Apr 2 2010, 12:22)

It is disgusting when you havent smoked in a while, say you have been out to the pub or something then come home and go to bed. The next day have a smell of your clothes, it will knock you sick. When I quit it took a few weeks but when it hit it was disgusting. Now im a terrible ex smoker, hate it.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

I haven't smoked a cigarette since 2000 which was the first time I tried one. It was revolting.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:55 PM

I've heard people say sh*t like "you can't be a 'casual' smoker" and all that. But I beg to differ. I had about 3 cigarettes last month and they were either at a party, or just when I was having a long good talk with a mate. Overall in the past 6 months (since I had my first one) I'd say I've had about 10 cigarettes, they can be nice and soothing but I've luckily never felt the urge for one.

But OP; that's great for you. I would hate to be addicted to any substance.

Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

I dont see the appeal of smoking cigarettes at all, with weed its different, because that actually tastes pleasant. I do however like some of thayt flavoured tobacco that doesent have any nicotine or sh*te in it. My mate had some cherry flavoured stuff, it was brilliant.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

I dont find smoking disgusting at all but I have since quit from last year. Quitting was easy for me. Just ignore it and it will go away. I cant see why some people are 'heavy smokers'.

And at OP, for a new member with a cool name, this is a nice first Gen Chat topic for you.

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

I stopped smoking nearly 4 years ago after spending around 15 years smoking.
I still like the smell of smoke and like being around smokers, my wife smokes in the car and stuff.

I was drunk and had a puff of a friends cigarette a couple of months ago, out of curiosity, to see what it was like.
It tasted disgusting, I started coughing and went dizzy.

Any lingering doubt that I had about ever starting again was removed there and then.

I don't miss it at all these days.
Although I don't think they should've banned it in pubs in the UK, as pubs now smell of body odour, farts, stale beer and feet.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

sly.gif "If she smokes, She pokes"

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ Apr 2 2010, 22:55)
I've heard people say sh*t like "you can't be a 'casual' smoker" and all that. But I beg to differ. I had about 3 cigarettes last month and they were either at a party, or just when I was having a long good talk with a mate. Overall in the past 6 months (since I had my first one) I'd say I've had about 10 cigarettes, they can be nice and soothing but I've luckily never felt the urge for one.

But OP; that's great for you. I would hate to be addicted to any substance.

That's what I thought, but if you just have a few in a couple of days you'll start getting cravings. Trust me.

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

Same sh*t happened to my cousin, he was actually the one who taught me to do rings and blow smoke trough nose, and suddenly he quit.

He said just what you did. It was revolting, and his gag reflex almost gave in.

Been smoking for 5 years now, since year 6. I tried to go cold turkey, but I was so irritable and nervous for that two days I tried. The cig felt like a f*cking life saver after that.

Canofceleri
  • Canofceleri

OG

• The Connection

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Eh, unfortunately I have no will power and smoke even when I'm sick. All the bronchitis I had last year, even when I had the swine flu, still smoked.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:37 PM

I like those flavored cigarillos, I found a full pack of these orange ones on the ground last summer... as for plain cigarettes, they are disgusting and I started smoking for a week then I quit. I might light up one if I'm really drunk and high

Breaking Bohan
  • Breaking Bohan

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

It's better not to smoke. I used to smoke, but now I quit, and it is much much better to not smell like smoke and not have to pay for smokes.

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:29 PM

Meh, but you're not as cool anymore. James Dean smoked, Dirty Harry smokes... tounge2.gif

mike752
  • mike752

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Apr 2 2010, 07:44)
I haven't smoked a cigarette since 2000 which was the first time I tried one. It was revolting.

Dude, you're what? 15? That means you were five. Care to explain? confused.gif

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:06 AM Edited by Runey., 03 April 2010 - 01:18 AM.

QUOTE (mike752 @ Apr 2 2010, 19:39)

Some people start REALLY early, man. bored.gif

10 bucks says he thought he was just the most badass dude on the planet when he was smoking at age 10, going around school, bragging about it to everyone.

Thats what I get for skimming too fast, but I did know people like that.

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (DEP @ Apr 2 2010, 21:57)

That's really not true. It's been known for a good 50 years now what the effects of smoking are, and it is much more detrimental to your health than eating fast food. I mean it's carcinogenic for f*ck's sake, sh*t doesn't get more deadly than that.

G#O$TR!D3R - 133457
  • G#O$TR!D3R - 133457

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

Well the point in my telling you all this isn't to gloat or start a debate, I'm letting you know that if you get sick, just don't light up afterward and eventually cravings will subside. Much easier than intentionally ceasing.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:38 AM Edited by Runey., 03 April 2010 - 07:47 AM.

Well, that's just fine and dandy for you, but it just doesn't work for everyone. People react differently to things such as this.

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Well I didn't have to get sick literally to stop smoking but I figuratively got sick of smoking so I ripped up my last half-pack of cigarettes (about 12 of them) then I never got back on them. This was 2 years ago. Weed? Now that's a different story... I guess I started smoking more weed when I quit cigarettes but I find that's a good trade off 'cause less money spent on cigs is more money spent on weed. Though sometimes I feel I need to take a break from the weed, mainly a tolerance break.

Tyler
  • Tyler

Data is everything.

• Unknown
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:25 AM

Chain smoking, and heavy drinking FTW!!!!!!

I mean, why not enjoy a ciggarette every once in a while? Al Pacino does, and he has, I mean had a wonderful voice.

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

I pulled a smoke when I was 10 or so and right there I said no way. Never even had a cigarette in my mouth since then. And not planning to.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:45 AM

Yeah I had my first cigarette when I was about nine or ten years old. It made me cough like hell. I couldn't smoke more than a few drags. I said man, I'm never going to do that again. I've smoked for years now. I've had some nasty illnesses also, and I'd stop for days, nearly a week when I had an awful flu. And another time, bronchitis. But after that, I'd smoke again. I just enjoy it. I have cut back though since my pack-a-day, days.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:55 AM

QUOTE (mike752 @ Apr 3 2010, 08:39)

I was 6, and my uncle let me take one tiny little sip colgate.gif

Floro Solo
  • Floro Solo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

Wow, reading this topic makes me feel like the only guy that has never smoked around here ph34r.gif I always had a strong detest for smoking, my grandpa was a heavy smoker from the age of 12.. he died from lung cancer at around 80. Doctors said he carried a tumor in his chest the size of two oranges confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users