Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

57 replies to this topic
reuter.carsten
  • reuter.carsten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:22 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Apr 28 2010, 17:53)
QUOTE (reuter.carsten @ Apr 28 2010, 19:45)
What's with the weird names 'Advanced Warfighter' and 'Future Soldier'?

What's so weird about them dontgetit.gif ?

The meaning of the word 'Warfighter' is a soldier, it is just the same as calling a medic in the battlefield "Warhealer"?

Neither of them sounds cool 'Advanced Warfighter' and 'Future Soldier'.

Might as well stick to name which has no direct meaning e.g. Tom Clancy's Ghosts

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (reuter.carsten @ May 7 2010, 07:22)
QUOTE (AreXi @ Apr 28 2010, 17:53)
QUOTE (reuter.carsten @ Apr 28 2010, 19:45)
What's with the weird names 'Advanced Warfighter' and 'Future Soldier'?

What's so weird about them dontgetit.gif ?

The meaning of the word 'Warfighter' is a soldier, it is just the same as calling a medic in the battlefield "Warhealer"?

Neither of them sounds cool 'Advanced Warfighter' and 'Future Soldier'.

Might as well stick to name which has no direct meaning e.g. Tom Clancy's Ghosts

Well, now that you mentioned it, that's sound much better.

MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:48 AM Edited by Master Headhunter, 07 May 2010 - 06:59 AM.

Meh the trailer looked cool enough, maybe for a rather interesting movie tbh.
And the sniper shot was cool, although it seemed odd that he shot twice with the .50 Cal at the guy. confused.gif
I honestly haven't been a fan of series since GRAW and all the future soldier stuff started with the series, which was after Summit Strike (I believe).

Also I thought Ubisoft bought the Video Gaming rights to use 'Tom Clancy' as they damn well pleased from him a few years back.
Which may explain why Hawx was made.
Seriously I do wish Ubi would drop some serious money into the next Rainbow 6 game and not pull the old direct copy from competitor thing they did with Vegas 2.
That is the dodgy (at best) running mechanics and the experience bar and system.
But now I'm gone from doubts in a game based on a live-action trailer to being critical of the little old french Canadian company. tounge.gif

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:51 AM

First order of business: This game looks like it has some potential. I liked GRAW2, never got into it much though. The skirmishes were fun. The futuristic, sci-fi twist gives it a bit of edge that I find appealing. I would've liked some actual gameplay or something to be shown, though.

Secondly: RomanViking, I'd like to kindly ask you to f*ck off and take it to PM.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

Quite the resurrection.

So yeah the multiplayer beta has now been rolled out (better late then never). You can either get it by loading up Splinter Cell Conviction or pre-ordering Future Soldier. The beta was promised months ago, probably the middle of last year sometime, i'll be surprised if many even have SCC after such a long time.

I was going to go on a bit of a rant about me missing out on the beta due to all the delays and getting rid of SC ages ago but i got emailed a code so all is well biggrin.gif .

Anybody been on the beta yet? what do you think of it? mines currently downloading and i won't get on it until tomorrow.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I was never interested in the MP portion of the game, but since i have SCC lying around i might give the beta a shot later.

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Unkle Dysfunktional

• None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 23:59)
Anybody been on the beta yet? what do you think of it? mines currently downloading and i won't get on it until tomorrow.

Utter cack.

1, I can't figure out how they've managed to go backwards in visuals.

2, The hit detection and aiming doesn't feel remotely solid.

I loved the GRAW and R:6 outings but this feels like their redheaded bastard stepbrother who's been locked under the stairs.

I know it's a beta but I really hope this isn't a reflection on the finished product.

Massive let down.

*Sits and waits for max Payne*

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Yeah GRAW and R6 were quality, i spent so many hours online with them. We had so many games together all those years ago, it's scary how the time is flying.

Here's a video of the first mission done in stealth.

Also a multiplayer video.

Hopefully it's just the beta that's making it sh*t and the final product will be flawless. It looks great from watching those two videos, i've got high hopes for this so don't let me down Ubi.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:16 AM Edited by Mati, 22 April 2012 - 09:26 AM.

Just realized I have access to the beta. Got an e-mail by Ubi.

I'll download it and tell you what I think.

EDIT: Whoa, this project has an enormous amount of potential. When you get to play the MP, it feels so fresh. The weapon customization goes to the limits. The graphics are great. But what impresses me the most (and what I was worried about when I've heard of this) were the controls. The game plays good. icon14.gif

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

edit: wrong thread

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Hmm, looks like I'll be popping in Splinter Cell tonight to download the beta. Picked it up recently for $20 so me and a friend could play some co-op, but this is a nice bonus on top of that.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Can somebody spare a buddy key that ubisoft emailed out to people?

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I got a key a few nights back from Ubi, and so far I'm enjoying it. I actually enjoy the weapon customization more than the actual game play which is perhaps a little worrying.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Achievements have been released. Lots of multiplayer. confused.gif

The one time I tried to get on the beta the servers were down...

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (papanesta @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 19:38)
Achievements have been released. Lots of multiplayer. confused.gif

As i was expecting. It's one of those games where the multiplayer has some longevity so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Finally got a couple of rounds in last night after i kept getting the never ending loading screen for the past couple of days. It was alright, seems very fast paced and more of a 'gun and run' style compared to GRAW 1 and 2, also it was quite the grenade fest. I played as the assault class and the starting guns where crap and so it was hard to get kills from a distance, had a good first game and then a sh*tty second game as the map was bigger.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:38 PM Edited by JOSEPH X, 23 April 2012 - 08:29 PM.

Just got a beta key for this from Raptr. Downloading it now. It's not one I've been anticipating, but I'll give it a go.

Awww yeah! No gun and no head lol.gif I usually spend most MP games running around like a headless chicken, but this takes the biscuit.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 14:38)
Just got a beta key for this from Raptr. Downloading it now. It's not one I've been anticipating, but I'll give it a go.

Awww yeah! No gun and no head lol.gif I usually spend most MP games running around like a headless chicken, but this takes the biscuit.

How do you get the reward from raptr? I've played assassins creed revelations after I made my raptr account but I didn't get any ranking on it.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:52 AM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 21:05)
QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 14:38)

Awww yeah! No gun and no head  lol.gif I usually spend most MP games running around like a headless chicken, but this takes the biscuit.

How do you get the reward from raptr? I've played assassins creed revelations after I made my raptr account but I didn't get any ranking on it.

I've got no idea. I have ACR, but I haven't even opened the box and had a play yet. I just logged on to Raptr and the code was there waiting for me.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Raptr was where i got my code from, wasn't even expecting it, after trying numerous other ways i gave up. It says being a newbie in a top 10 game or a previous Ghost Recon or Assassin's Creed game, newbie pretty much just means booting the game up.

If you can find your rewards page then it should be there to claim.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Tuesday, Apr 24 2012, 05:45)
Raptr was where i got my code from, wasn't even expecting it, after trying numerous other ways i gave up. It says being a newbie in a top 10 game or a previous Ghost Recon or Assassin's Creed game, newbie pretty much just means booting the game up.

If you can find your rewards page then it should be there to claim.

Idk it must not have been working for me, but I ended up getting a code from twitter.

I started up the game after taking forever to get a code and wow was I disappointed. How the hell does Ubi even call this a Ghost Recon game? All you do is run around, spray, and lob grenades.

Ubisoft are turning Tom Clancys games into massive piles of run and gun sh*t.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Merged.
Maybe this topic was created, but I didn't find one mercie_blink.gif , anyways..

So I have my brothers copy, picked it up from him yesterday and which I'll go ahead and say, I can't play full version of Multiplayer because his code has already been used but I can only play up to Level 5 and won't be able to rank any further.. I also can't play with friends or create a party.. this is another story.

Anywho, the game, wow.. I'm seriously disappointed. This has to be the worst GR to come out thus far. It has it's "cool" moments, SP and MP, but it's still like holy hell.. this is like NOTHING I've seen on YouTube or in promotions. (Which some if not most games usually are).. but I was really at a loss for words. The graphics seem abit lacking and the gameplay is well, an average shooter. I was expecting a full-on edge of seat game and 3mins into the first mission on Campaign, I took the game out.

Anyone else have any issues with this game, or plays it? I've been playing the MP and I must say, it's challenging, but it's out of whack as well, not at all what I expected. GRAW2 was awesome and then this here may have just ruined Ghost Recon as a franchise.. who knows..

/rant.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:40 AM

didnt pre order it and do not plan on buying it as well. i expected it to be like ghost recon online where its just a clusterf*ck of snipers and campers

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

It's def not worth a buy, but a rent, mayyybeee. Ghost Recon was amongst the first MP games I've ever got into on the PC and it was pure ecstasy, but after playing this for acouple hours.. I think they hit a wall. Not sure what the deal is.. It's just horrible and they've obviously CHANGED alot of things. Not sure why, but the graphics have been downgraded, the mechanics are awful.. It's basically a sit behind cover until you shoot someone or get shot.

Not intensity, no replay value, it's just suicidal.gif

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I don't know, I love the multiplayer, I've been playing a lot with friends and it's replaced Socom for my tactical shooter. The campaign is long as well and I actually loved every second of it. I played the beta and was dissapointed initially, but I honestly think it's a great game.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

I can't play full on multiplayer due to the code was used already, but that just means I stop leveling @ 5 and I can't form parties.. but that doesn't affect my overall judgement of the game.

It's just not what I thought it would be.. I remember when it was first revealed and the amazing single player gameplay trailer they showed.. I was just like O.O and when I played it, I was like cryani.gif . Just seems to me that downgraded alot of it. Textures seem blurry, same as text. Formatting is wack.. I haven't even went past the 2nd mission in Single Player .. which normally on bad games I finish regardless.. that's just how much disgust that I have.

I have my eye on the new Sniper Elite though.. looks fun.

iPhaze
  • iPhaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

I enjoy playing the game co-op online. I would play more multiplayer, but they need to fix the servers before I go all in... I have beat the game on Elite, it was not that hard, really... Hit me if you want to play online sometimes via XBOX Live - CWB iPhaze...

HOLDMYBALLSACK
  • HOLDMYBALLSACK

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

the original was awesome on PC in first person view, why on consoles is it 3rd person???

it was so much better in 1st person view

iPhaze
  • iPhaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

True, I enjoyed playing it on PC... I believe they released it in third person because of the lack of third person games. I mean, we got Gears of War for all that... I think it's because of the games such as Battlefield 3, Call of Duty's, on and on... There are plenty of FPS war games taking place on today's warfare... They wanted to try something different, and it's alright.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users