» «
Photo

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

57 replies to this topic
EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:10 PM Edited by EduardKoeleJuck, 29 March 2010 - 07:34 PM.

TOM CLANCY'S
GHOST RECON: FUTURE SOLDIER

In the near future, Russian ultranationalists have seized power in a violent coup d'état. Moscow is now the stage for bloody civil war.

The shot at ±1.20 looks totally sick tounge2.gif
So what is it with Ubisoft making "movies" now? They also did it with Assassin's Creed II.

I like the trailer, but I don't really like that futuristic stuff. The setting, on the other hand, looks cool. A bit like CoD 2, perhaps?
Although I don't like the futuristic warfare stuff.

Visit www.ghostrecon.com for more info.

Discuss.

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Wow. That looks incredible! That moment at 1:20 was awesome tounge.gif .
I've never played a Ghost Recon game before, but I've played Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 and loved them both, so is Ghost Recon similar to these games?

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

Wow.
Tom Clancy = I like. Ghost Recon = I like.
Acting + the sci-fi = Not sure, but I'm sure Mr Clancy is gonna nail it! icon14.gif

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Mar 29 2010, 19:04)
I've never played a Ghost Recon game before, but I've played Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 and loved them both, so is Ghost Recon similar to these games?

I haven't played them either, but I believe they are futuristic war-shooters.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Nah completely different gameplay wise, GRAW is a third person shooter and was much more tactical based than Rainbow Six, it had you controlling drones and highlighting enemies as well as tanks amongst a few other things.

I liked GRAW 1 and 2 although the campaigns were quite short, loved the few online co-op missions even though a few were quite hard and i thought the multiplayer was pretty good.

Not sure what gameplay elements they will keep for this seeing as they've dropped the 'Advance Warfighter' bit.

I read that they were going to do a 20 minute prequel to the story like they did with ACII and they plan to spend 8-10 million dollars wow.gif .

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Future Soldier sounds like an even more hopelessly high-tech version of Advanced Warfighter...

Well, I guess every game these days has to have it's own "cool thing", so this will have power armor, invisibility suits, etc...

God help us if they put regenerating health in there (power armor will probably already make us like Master Chief bullet-resistant but 3rd person.. suicidal.gif )

I respectfully refuse to be excited without seeing some real game... Personally I'd rather see Rainbow Six return with a higher budget and some actual love put into it... (Vegas 2 felt hastily produced, finished but soulless and with lower budget than Advanced Warfighter got..).

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

I only played a demo ages ago of one of the Rainbow Six titles... I loved it. Now I see this franchise go down the sh*tty with (console oriented) 'futuristic bullsh*t'. I'm not even remotely interested in this title.

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Mar 29 2010, 19:16)
I read that they were going to do a 20 minute prequel to the story like they did with ACII and they plan to spend 8-10 million dollars wow.gif .

Well the trailer in the first post is actually a Trailer for the Live Action Prequel that they're gonna do, which i think looked ace.

It's worth mentioning too that a Beta Invitation for this will be included in all copies (i think it's all copies) of Splinter Cell Conviction, so thats the best bet for any of us gtetting an early feel for the game, which i hope turns out good and i cannot wait for some proper gameplay.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Nah completely different gameplay wise, GRAW is a third person shooter and was much more tactical based than Rainbow Six, it had you controlling drones and highlighting enemies as well as tanks amongst a few other things.

I liked GRAW 1 and 2 although the campaigns were quite short, loved the few online co-op missions even though a few were quite hard and i thought the multiplayer was pretty good.

Not sure what gameplay elements they will keep for this seeing as they've dropped the 'Advance Warfighter' bit.

I thought it was first person?

Minic
  • Minic

Incomprehensible.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Mar 29 2010, 19:32)

I thought it was first person?

Ghost Recon did start out as 1st Person but switched to 3rd Person at Ghost Recon 2, though i believe the PC versions of both GRAW games retained the 1st Person view and the console versions were 3rd Person.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

God damn, bunch of f*cking pantie-waists in here. What the f*ck is wrong with futuristic sh*t, and how in Christ's name does that have anything to do with console gamers.

I am f*cking stoked, I loved all the previous Ghost Recon games, never got to play GRAW 2, but I hear it's ace. I'm really excited that they're finally adding some stealth capability, giving a literal life to the title Ghost.

My only problem with the GR games is how stiff and rudimentary the movements always were, I hope they make it a bit more lose, maybe use a similar movement engine to that of the Splinter Cell games, where every motion feels really organic.

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Mar 29 2010, 19:42)
God damn, bunch of f*cking pantie-waists in here. What the f*ck is wrong with futuristic sh*t, and how in Christ's name does that have anything to do with console gamers.

I am f*cking stoked, I loved all the previous Ghost Recon games, never got to play GRAW 2, but I hear it's ace. I'm really excited that they're finally adding some stealth capability, giving a literal life to the title Ghost.

My only problem with the GR games is how stiff and rudimentary the movements always were, I hope they make it a bit more loose, maybe use a similar movement engine to that of the Splinter Cell games, where every motion feels really organic.

Some people (including me) prefer (semi-)realistic warfare. I believe it makes games more exciting, + I'm really interested in war from the past age, and guns are cool, so I love to have some recognision.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (EduardKoeleJuck @ Mar 29 2010, 13:47)
Some people (including me) prefer (semi-)realistic warfare. I believe it makes games more exciting, + I'm really interested in war from the past age, and guns are cool, so I love to have some recognision.

Who's to say that future warfare can't be recreated on realistic terms? I mean hell, pretty much every Clancy game since Ghost Recon 2 came out used futuristic weaponry, namely the H&K XM8. Tom Clancy games are famed for their comparatively unmatched sense of realism and tactics, so I can guarantee there will be some realism involved.

My post was more directed at Fullmetal's PC Fanboy bitching though, which in itself is fallacious since PC gaming is comparatively more famous in regards futuristic games than consoles.

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Mar 29 2010, 12:42)

Well, recent console games are much more dumbed-down and easier, more arcadey than in the past, so...

Lemme put it in these terms:

Future = futuristic power armor and easier excuses for the existence of magical health kits = much more resistance (more like immunity) to bullets from a Russian man's AK47 = much easier gameplay and less emphasis on planning or strategy to survive (which usually resulted in exhilaration, fear, intensity, teamwork and all that good stuff while up against scary Russian guys with AK47s) , but now resulting in the developers having to throw 10x the normal amount of bad guys at you so the game has any challenge, resulting in Ghost Recon becoming Halo or Call of Duty --- where scary enemy soldiers are replaced by un-scary cardboard cutouts of enemy soldiers who on their own pose literally no threat as your futuristic power armor cannot be scratched by his old-fashioned weaponry wink.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:29 PM Edited by The-King, 29 March 2010 - 08:31 PM.

Has anyone ever told you that you're a f*cking moron? None of anything you said makes any f*cking sense whatsoever. It sounds like a five year old's critique of Crackdown or some other comparable game. Do you even proofread your posts, or do you just type random sh*t and hope to god that it makes sense?

In other news, there are some nice production photos from the trailer on the official Ghost Recon Facebook Page.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Mar 29 2010, 20:29)
In other news, there are some nice production photos from the trailer on the official Ghost Recon Facebook Page.

user posted image

omg...

They're all doing this for a trailer... damn, must be a good game. I'll keep my on this...

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:47 AM Edited by RomanViking, 30 March 2010 - 08:58 AM.

QUOTE (The-King @ Mar 29 2010, 13:29)
Has anyone ever told you that you're a f*cking moron? None of anything you said makes any f*cking sense whatsoever. It sounds like a five year old's critique of Crackdown or some other comparable game. Do you even proofread your posts, or do you just type random sh*t and hope to god that it makes sense?

hhhhhhh..

1st person shooters get more arcadey every year. And it's like developers are not even trying to make enemy AI better anymore...

I'm tired of every new 1st person shooter being dumbed down and trying to just appeal to as many people as possible. Or they go the opposite direction and make it so realistic that a guy from 50 yards away will kill you within 1 second --- but the game developers STILL throw 10 guys at you at once..

Where are the strategy shooting games, with close-quarters combat and genuine fear for even one enemy with a powerful gun?

It's like those realistic games don't even exist anymore, and when they do they're much lower budget than the others..

And if you even tried to read my previous post you'd see that it makes sense, but admittedly is a little hard to read, but by no means incomprehensible.

Screw you, you're the moron. Let's get all excited over an obvious remake of Advanced Warfighter! But with power armor and sci-fi stuff thrown in to appeal to the masses of Halo fans!

Useless Dave
  • Useless Dave

Voted member of the year 2010

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Mar 30 2010, 08:47)
And if you even tried to read my previous post you'd see that it makes sense, but admittedly is a little hard to read, but by no means incomprehensible.

Screw you, you're the moron. Let's get all excited over an obvious remake of Advanced Warfighter! But with power armor and sci-fi stuff thrown in to appeal to the masses of Halo fans!

You are mad.

You have no place in calling The-King a moron with all of the pure idiotic statements you have made. And he's at least a somewhat decent poster who is a good contributor.

Now stop being such a little sissy bitch or get out.

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:09 AM

Man that trailer was awesome. That sniper shot looked pretty sick. Never really been into the Ghost Recon games, but I'll keep my eye on this one.

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (Useless Dave @ Mar 30 2010, 02:04)

You are mad.

You have no place in calling The-King a moron with all of the pure idiotic statements you have made. And he's at least a somewhat decent poster who is a good contributor.

Oh apparently I "have no place" in backing my previous statements in a public forum. And suddenly posting a hyperlink is more of a contribution than giving ones thoughts and expectations on what the game should be?
Ya know, like what people could actually discuss?

Useless Dave, you yourself contribute little. Many of your posts are just bashing me personally, yet you yourself rarely give your own views or thoughts on stuff.

Lets just have this thread be salivating over a live action trailer, rather than discussing how this game could be a worthwhile game? In fact, let's not have any real discussion or negative opinions on anything.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:06 AM

(I am not going to contribute to the bullsh*t above)

If there's something I am a bit worried about, it's the storyline.
The ultranationalists were a part of the original Modern Warfare's plot, and I am okay with that, but it will still be difficult to create anything original and fresh from that - even for Tom Clancy.
The originality of GRAW's and Rainbow Sixes was the number one thing I liked about them, and honestly Clancy has done this terror scenario so many times that it'll take something else than Star Trek to make it different from the other Ghost Recons. All in a neutral, not a negative sound.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Mar 29 2010, 21:18)
My post was more directed at Fullmetal's PC Fanboy bitching though, which in itself is fallacious since PC gaming is comparatively more famous in regards futuristic games than consoles.

What? Wait, isn't it a fact that they started focussing this franchise more on consoles with their latest titles and that we haven't seen a 'Oldschool Rainbow Six' title in ages as they were years ago (I'm talking about THIS). On top of that, those 'oldschool' games were +/- about missions taking place in the 'now and here'... not in a 'distant future'. And have I said that console have the only 'futuristic games'?

Don't put words in my mouth and quit misunderstanding what I said. It's a mere fact that the series went on with 'futuristic' titles and/or gameplay had been 'dumbed down' in a way (just like 90% of the games that get released). Due to being console oriented and due to consoles not having 'alot of buttons' compared to a keyboard + mouse combo).

This is NOT fanboy blabber this is a mere fact. How else do you explain games on consoles using one button for different actions (press slightly to do this, press and hold to do that and whatnot). Yes I like PC gaming and yes I also play on consoles and YES I f*cking prefer PC gaming over Console gaming... does that make me a fanboy? Please, you're as much as a 'fanboy' as I am.

Anyways; apart from me not liking the setting, the 'video' was well made and they seem to spend alot of money these days on those 'teaser/trailer' videos. I'd rather have some real gameplay/ingame footage but it gets the people hyped up right?

Useless Dave
  • Useless Dave

Voted member of the year 2010

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (RomanViking @ Mar 30 2010, 09:30)
Oh apparently I "have no place" in backing my previous statements in a public forum. And suddenly posting a hyperlink is more of a contribution than giving ones thoughts and expectations on what the game should be?
Ya know, like what people could actually discuss?

Useless Dave, you yourself contribute little. Many of your posts are just bashing me personally, yet you yourself rarely give your own views or thoughts on stuff.

Lets just have this thread be salivating over a live action trailer, rather than discussing how this game could be a worthwhile game? In fact, let's not have any real discussion or negative opinions on anything.

I advise you to lay down and calm yourself done before you hurt anyone in a mad-ginger rage. Before you hurt yourself. smile.gif

Anyhow, folks, any idea what guns are in it? Like some futuristic sh*t that's not even made in real life?

EduardKoeleJuck
  • EduardKoeleJuck

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I really hope not.

10th Mo-Town
  • 10th Mo-Town

Your legs, I can't find your legs

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Considering Tom Clancy hasn't been involved in these games as much as he used to I'm not going to add this to my "keep an eye out for" list. Besides that, Ghost Recon is just becoming another game and has sold out and lost complete touch from it's roots. You might as well call this Mass Effect 3 with exo-f*cking-skeletons and plasma rifles. f*ck ubisoft, I'm sick of their sh*t.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Dont judge the game based on its trailier. Just look at Advanced Warfighter.

I hate the direction of Ghost Recon now. Instead of focusing on modern day war, they are now focusing on fighting with hi-tech gizmos and such. I've played GRAW 1 and the only fun I had in the game was playing with 3 other buddies to take out 50 enemies on a map. Pure shoot em' up fun

Good times, good times...

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (10th Mo-Town @ Apr 3 2010, 06:26)
Considering Tom Clancy hasn't been involved in these games as much as he used to I'm not going to add this to my "keep an eye out for" list. Besides that, Ghost Recon is just becoming another game and has sold out and lost complete touch from it's roots. You might as well call this Mass Effect 3 with exo-f*cking-skeletons and plasma rifles. f*ck ubisoft, I'm sick of their sh*t.

yeah I agree. The last Rainbow Six had a much lower budget, with minimal effort, time, creativity, or love put into it. Multiplayer is good tho.

If Ubisoft actually put some time into Rainbow Six it could be incredible, and could potentially sell very well... But it's like they don't care.

Last thing Ghost Recon needs is Power Armor, robots, and the enemy being Russian ---- everything is tired and already done.

They might as well call this game Advanced Warfighter 3 suicidal.gif

Someone needs to make a current, or past-times war game ---- realistic and gritty, but also gory, and tactical. That would be an original, fresh title ---- essentially Rainbow Six Vegas mixed with Call of Duty World at War with some Soldier of Fortune (never played, but heard it was gory lol), also with a great story and characters on top. Finally, some downtime would be nice as opposed to just mind-numbing shootout one after the other...

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Useless Dave @ Mar 30 2010, 04:04)

You are mad.

You should probably get off your knees with The-King's sac in your mouth, it's indecenct. Dude expresses legit concerns and opinions on topic and he gets jumped on by somebody that's not contributing anything to the topic at hand, and clearly has some sort of e-beef with the guy. Grow up, man, f*ck.

I do have some concerns about this and its "futuristic" setting - but as long as it still carries the classic Tom Clancy tactical shooter badge, I'll be satisfied. Being an old school fan of the first Rainbow Six games, that aspect is definitely my favorite - setting up your fire teams, marking breaches and other actions, picking firing targets, a true real-time strategy shooter. No health packs, regenerative health, ammo caches, nothing. So if this plays out like that, and how the trailer looks like it could, I should be happy.

reuter.carsten
  • reuter.carsten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

What's with the weird names 'Advanced Warfighter' and 'Future Soldier'?

Anyway the futuristic shooter bit is a hype, GRAW 1 & 2 were also being advertised as a futuristic FPS but nothing is futuristic except that you can see the live video feed from your mates as well as the mini UAV which you can launch to scout your surrounding area.

Everything else is just like any other typical shooter, albeit slower..

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (reuter.carsten @ Apr 28 2010, 19:45)
What's with the weird names 'Advanced Warfighter' and 'Future Soldier'?

What's so weird about them dontgetit.gif ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users