Photo

Taking the torch back

42 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

The pager works for me fine, but I don't think I'm using the latest files.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:53 AM

It's great to hear about a comeback in the first post. You never know what can happen!
Nothing would be greater than to hear this team say the job is complete. Now to read the rest of the topic... turn.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Apr 4 2010, 12:44)
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 25 2010, 02:05)
Some more exe hacking may need to be done to finish that properly.

I'm one of the few people left who can still do EXE hacking, and I'm interested in helping with the finalization of this legendary mod. smile.gif

Got another exe challenge for you. We tried this many years ago, but maybe you'd have better luck.

Do you think we can expand the weapon slots so the rocket launcher and flamethrower aren't shared? Same with the grenades and molotovs.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:43 PM Edited by SteaVor, 17 April 2010 - 02:19 PM.

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Apr 8 2010, 16:46)
There's a weird thing involving 030D. If you start a new game using a German language, the total mission points is decreased by 2 from the set amount. Is the German version of VC missing two missions? This might affect 100% completion for this mod if people are playing with the German language.

To clear this matter up:

Yes, the German version of VC skips two of the missions (the wreak-havoc mission by Big Mitch Baker and the last one by Auntie Poulet where you need to snipe the Haitians), so that's the reason, even though I have no idea why this would be hardcoded into non-German EXE files. I thought this was one of the reasons the special German EXE was created for after all.

Thank you all for reviving the mod, I'd love to get involved again (would've preferred even more to not have been forced to disappear abruptly), although it doesn't look like I'm going to have any free time to spend anytime soon.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

Great to see you! The door is wide open for you to contribute in any way you are able to. I'm also not sure if I have the latest files you last released. The last update file I could track down was from Sept 06. I've hacked apart that scm and redone a lot of stuff so even if I received a new scm, I'd just try to grab the latest stuff and add it to mine.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:28 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 17 April 2010 - 06:36 PM.

People are pouring back into this mod tounge.gif

Can someone with the knowledge in EXE modding help edit these?
689D60 - change GUN_2C to GUN_3A
689D68 - change GUN_2D to GUN_3A
This should fix the text box messages in some missions.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Mar 30 2010, 12:49)
I haven't seen anybody that I've worked with on this mod even online since I started up again. I'm sure some of them stop by every few moons to see if anything's new, so maybe they'll show up at some point. Whether any of them have the desire to do anymore is another question.

That'd be me, although this is my first visit in a LONG time - the last time I stopped by, the project was starting to smell so I assumed it was dead. tounge.gif

It's great to see that there's a new wave of enthusiasm about the project - and I guess we have space and Craig (primarily) to thank for that.

I've been out of the GTA world for even longer than my last visit here. The majority of my time is divided between uni (I'm in my Honours year of a Business degree at the moment), work, and fitness pursuits - with whatever time left over being dedicated to some semblance of a social life. But if everyone could pull together and get this finished, I'd simply have to find the time in my busy schedule to go through my drawer, find all my old GTA and modding stuff, and give LC another whirl. It took up too much of my time back when I was involved for me not to play it in a "final" state. wink.gif

So I'd just like to take this opportunity to say hello to all the old faces back working on the mod, and welcome to all the newbies (as in, people who have joined since I left tounge.gif ). Thanks to everyone once again, and good luck finishing it off. I guess I'll be checking back a bit more regularly now - so, perhaps once a month instead of once every 6...

smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:55 PM

Thanks for stopping by Ben. Even if you don't do any work, find some time to simply play the mod and enjoy it. If you don't do that, I'll send someone after you (Australia's so far away it makes a trip to the Chemists seem like peanuts) to MAKE you enjoy it. ph34r.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:27 PM Edited by ModelingMan, 05 June 2010 - 08:14 PM.

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Apr 17 2010, 19:28)
Can someone with the knowledge in EXE modding help edit these?
689D60 - change GUN_2C to GUN_3A
689D68 - change GUN_2D to GUN_3A
This should fix the text box messages in some missions.

Temporary Fix

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:15 AM

You dont see mods resurrected like this too often, really hope you guys can push out a completed release of this

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hey Craig, I think it's great that you all keep working on this. It's been a long time (I think 5 years) since I last contributed to something (bug reports) here. I've been away from GTAF for a long time but it's nice to see the old faces still around. smile.gif

Keep up the great work! icon14.gif

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

I'm really sorry that I can't help at anything with this mod, but I really hope you guys do it. It was really fun playing the betas back in the day.

Also, are you guys going to support those "Unnoficial Add-ons"? I think it would encourage people not only to play the mod, but expand it. I imagine if people actually modelled more interiors, coded more stuff, it would be even better than what's being planned to be.

Anyway, best of luck for you guys! icon14.gif

stalker17
  • stalker17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (MadcapSmoky22 @ Apr 4 2010, 19:50)
OMG can't believe dis, I thought the mod was done already (in both ways, finished and no interest in it meaning it was dead) good luck is all I can wish unless i can help- can't texture or model, I only know scripting a lil bit (in San Andreas though, I believe I could quickly learn VC's scm) most of .dat editing and that's all unfortunely.

Cool Picture! cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users