Photo

Camera hack?

6 replies to this topic
WTFX
  • WTFX

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

i thought this'd be available already. since action reply and like cheats have been for a long time available, wouldn't it be possible to create a cam hack to play this game as cam from behind 'more traditional 3d view'..?
this was an idea i've had for a long time, but just forgot. i'm aware the player and ped models and such could look a little awkward but i think it might be worth a try..

New Liberty State
  • New Liberty State

I am EAR RAPE

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

The characters are just 2D textures, and the cars, they are not very well detailed, you wouldnt like that gameplay

PSP is a whole different history though

WTFX
  • WTFX

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:48 PM

ofc i was talking 'bout psp version, forgot to mention that. i know it wouldn't look as good. but we wouldn't have to zoom/pan in the camera as much.
i'd just be interested to try it out, or if it was customizable, just to mess around. i mean if u use the cinematic view, sometimes it gives you closer views that don't look that bad imo.
the char. models will suck, but what the heck. it'd be worth a shot. wish i had gotten into the cheats earlier. i don't wanna go screw around addresses randomly lol

DannyLee94
  • DannyLee94

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

I dont think, even on the PSP, that a Complete behind-the-player view would work on the PSP because of the people textures (have you ever entered a house to do a mission, and seen a PED or cop at ground level in the backround - it looks really crappy as each texture on top of another makes the person look like a sandwhich sad.gif ).

However,
If you place the right directional button whilst in a car to change to a camera mode which constantly changes its angle, there is an angle in which the camera zooms right in on the car, i think the game would be better if this could be a permanent camera angle/zoom, as well as other angles on that 2nd Camera Mode.

RICHM7
  • RICHM7

Ghost Of Death

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:02 AM

gta vice city has a camera exactly behind the player. go play that one if you would like to. but i think thats not the only gta game tha focuses behind the player's back. if i think i can remember there is san andreas too that does that. but anyways, yeah i wish there was a camera behind the player but not close.

springsteen_fan
  • springsteen_fan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (RICHM7 @ Mar 25 2010, 04:02)
but i think thats not the only gta game tha focuses behind the player's back.

Umm, lets see...
GTA 3
GTA VC
GTA SA
GTA LCS
GTA VCS
GTA 4
GTA TLAD
GTA TBOGT

All of those. sly.gif

WTFX
  • WTFX

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

ofc i've played lcs & vcs on psp. [and advance on emu]
and on pc gta, gta london 1961, 1969, gta 2, gta iii, vc, sa & iv.

u miss the point. anyway, i enjoy the game top down too, it feels classic, so no need to bother really.
i just thought it'd be an interesting hack to try out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users