Photo

Anyone finish SA 100% Without a Walkie?

7 replies to this topic
Geetar_Axel
  • Geetar_Axel

Australia's GTA Guitarist

• Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

Seems like an impossible feat, finding all those oysters ect. Anyone do it, how long did it take?

gtasearcher
  • gtasearcher

No sh*t.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:36 PM

Well since all those collectibles were documented, then someone must've found them all, so in theory, yes, some people did.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

They were 'documented' monocle.gif because the Rockstar had to know where to put them when designing the game. And then Rockstar had to license their existence to people like BradyGames to print.

I would be very suprised that anyone (except a virgin) would have spent all the time necessary to hunt or stumble onto each items location without help. tounge2.gif

YeaHomie
  • YeaHomie

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

• Members

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:05 PM Edited by YeaHomie, 23 March 2010 - 12:07 PM.

I guess some people work together to find those tags and collectibles. There's no way if a man, could find all those 320 secrets in such big area.
Whoa, I didn't see weasel's post. It explains everything. Sorry.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:34 PM Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy, 25 March 2010 - 09:40 PM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Mar 22 2010, 13:52)
They were 'documented'  monocle.gif because the Rockstar had to know where to put them when designing the game. And then Rockstar had to license their existence to people like BradyGames to print.

I would be very suprised that anyone (except a virgin) would have spent all the time necessary to hunt or stumble onto each items location without help. tounge2.gif

Yeah, but there are some errors in that printing and you either found out where they were first hand or discoverd them on your own to get 100%

For goodness sake, why would you go in blind like that? Who would even bother?

Sure, each of the hard core gamers view finding them on your own as valuable in and of itself yet it doesn't flow logically for the following reasons.

1. By comparison to reality in which most information of weapon acquisition requires either specific locations or specific individuals we resolve that interaction with others is still a necessary aspect of location and acquisition of locations and materials.

2. Such interactions as specified in answer 1 and the socialization that it suggests is compounded with ones familiarity and oppurtunity; once again by comparison with reality.

3. CJ grew up in SA Ganton area which means that his familarity and understanding of such things is superior to ours and that includes things gathered from his social networks and thus concludes the validity of using our own sources likewise, from walkies to maps and other geeks/gamers in the know on such matters.

Besides, considering the framework and enviorions of the game, I consider this a perfect time to affirm these points with a statement and a song. wink.gif

Knowledge is King.

From the time period of the game for sure. cool.gif

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (gtasearcher @ Mar 22 2010, 18:36)
Well since all those collectibles were documented, then someone must've found them all, so in theory, yes, some people did.

Seriously, are you sure that Rockstar didn't just document it themselves? I mean is someone seriously gonna search entire cities and landscapes to find all the oysters, gang tags etc?

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Mmm, I suppose there are people whose main job is to test videogames. So, I assume Rockstar gave them all the info, they played the game, then they told Rockstar any bug they had found, and later they published all the info they had been given.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
  • HolyGrenadeFrenzy

drrnage E ih unarEy

• Members

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 26 2010, 07:28)
Mmm, I suppose there are people whose main job is to test videogames. So, I assume Rockstar gave them all the info, they played the game, then they told Rockstar any bug they had found, and later they published all the info they had been given.

Sure, are yet we must remember that when you produce such material you have all the code and can do more with that code than someone that is new to your code.

You are also able to organize your maps in more diverse manners with said code than others that only have the finished production of your game.....which is edited out of MANY production features.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users