Adding Weapon to GTA IV Without Bugs

38 replies to this topic
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Hi i want to be able to wear several different handguns at once . so i have the glock on the glock , and i have a sigs on the mp5 , and a S&W on the knife , problem i don't know how to modify the sounds . i don't want a trainer as i want to be able to pick the stuff while i walk/drive around

Sayron1Gamer
  • Sayron1Gamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:52 AM

I know im late, but I have a problem here. I have successfully added 1 weapon to the game, and is fully functional. However, whenever I try to add more weapons, my game crashes at the loading screen. Help anyone?

JmasterWolfie101
  • JmasterWolfie101

Player Hater

• Members
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

i got this to work but how can i get sound

Dustkiller
  • Dustkiller

Friggin a-hoel

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:59 AM

Um i succeded to add 19 weapons using this method, but adding the code lines to weaponinfo.xml, default.ide and adding the models to weapons.img

but some airplane models with no collision and no texture keep apearing at random in the map... why??!

Has this happened to anyone?? or did i do wrong??

• Jeansowaty likes this

maro_hannover
  • maro_hannover

Skilled Like A Rockstar

• BUSTED!
  • Germany

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

the game crashes after a small time of gameplay. The Bug Actually is This Topic

<retarded because of this useless "This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly">

yoloman
  • yoloman

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:05 PM Edited by yoloman, 07 February 2015 - 11:06 PM.

Um i succeded to add 19 weapons using this method, but adding the code lines to weaponinfo.xml, default.ide and adding the models to weapons.img
but some airplane models with no collision and no texture keep apearing at random in the map... why??!

Yeah, I had the same problem. Did you used simple native trainer to spawn the weapons?

JoeVK
  • JoeVK

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:29 AM Edited by J.A.G., 04 March 2015 - 04:30 AM.

Bump again by me. Hard to believe I asked this 2 years ago to the day and got ignored completely.

Anway, when I add weapons using this, or any other method, it is NOT without bugs.

The most annoying bug is that certain missions become almost impossible to complete, while the final mission (either version) IS impossible. With added weapons, Niko won't climb up and into the Annihilator, he just hangs off the side for a while then falls.

Also, the game crashes on exit, every single time. It's not usually a big deal, but on rare occasion, my pc locks up completely. Sometimes I get an error message, other times I don't. It's been a while, but I think the error code it gives is mma10.

Another bug is EPISODIC_1 won't spawn unless I spawn one of the others first. To get around this, I just stopped using EPISODIC_1.

It doesn't matter how many or how few weapons I add. I can add one and it causes the bugs listed above. It doesn't matter what mods I have installed. I added weapons to a clean install of 1.0.7.0 and it does the same thing. It doesn't matter the file size of the wfts and wtds. With that clean install, I added original EFLC weapon wfts and wtds. I've tried adding weapons by adding to the existing data and img files as well as making separate data and img files just for the added weapons. Neither way makes a difference. All I know is that I cannot add any new wfts or wtds to the weapons.img, or anything to the default.ide. I tried replacing amb_xxx objects, which stops the crashing on exit and mission problems, but the episodic_1 bug persists (probably an SNT problem), and causes new bugs almost as annoying. Plus, it's weird seeing peds licking a sniper rifle and trying to dig with a pistol.

The ONLY way I can add weapons 100% bug free is by adding "episodic_xx" lines to the existing weaponinfo and have them use the existing weapon wfts and wtds.

I've thought about just doing it that way and using default specs for the original weapons and higher powered specs for the episodic weapons. But I'd like to have unique models for the episodic weapons.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

DavidZ.YLoh
  • DavidZ.YLoh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

Delete all save files and start a new game :D

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Narkotik Kal

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 hours ago

Erm I don't think this is a bump, but exactly, I only added 19 weapons. No glitches otherwise, apart from the game sometimes crashing, but it always crashes when leaving, giving a message that it ran out of memory. Not a big deal. Is it possible to add more than 19 guns?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users