» «
Photo

Boardwalk Empire

463 replies to this topic
Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:33 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 16 March 2013 - 12:31 AM.

404: Post not found

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 08:33)
BONE
FOR
TUNA

That was one of the funniest thing I've seen in a drama series. I couldn't stop laughing for 3 minutes.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

I didn't even figure it out until I said it in a terrible Irish accent.

Horse With No Name
  • Horse With No Name

Watch Your Six

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

"Go milk a cow jejejeje" lol.gif Mickey cracks me up.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

Does it get any better than Harrow bringing Mickey into Nucky's office? He gets more and more badass. After that scene I'm sure Harrow will end up doing a job or two for Nucky.

And I had a feeling that Harrow's motivation for killing Manny had more to do with him killing Angela, than betraying Jimmy.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 16:40)
I had a feeling that Harrow's motivation for killing Manny had more to do with him killing Angela, than betraying Jimmy.

a feeling?

I thought that was pretty obvious from the very moment Manny opened his front door after kissing his wife for the last time tounge2.gif

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

...is anyone else getting bored to death with the social adventures of the f*cking temperance league postergirl? Perhaps it was a little exciting when she cornered the crusty old doctor in front of the bishop like that but NO! Boring. Get all of this Downton Abbey sh*t out of my historical gangsta drama, please.

.../rant. But seriously, something's gotta change with Margaret. She's Boardwalk Empire's "Rapist Redneck Jaguars" storyline, only with less skin.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 17:13)
...is anyone else getting bored to death with the social adventures of the f*cking temperance league postergirl? Perhaps it was a little exciting when she cornered the crusty old doctor in front of the bishop like that but NO! Boring. Get all of this Downton Abbey sh*t out of my historical gangsta drama, please.

.../rant.  But seriously, something's gotta change with Margaret. She's Boardwalk Empire's "Rapist Redneck Jaguars" storyline, only with less skin.

I hate her character since the pilot. Totally unlikable. I can't stand her accent either.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

They want Margaret to be the Carmela Soprano of the show. We all remember how fun her story lines were.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

I don't have any problems with Margaret.

I like that she's one of the more independent and strong-willed women on the show.
most of the women are tired and predictable. oh look, another attractive whore taking her clothes off for Nucky. been there, done that.

I like that Mrs. Schroeder is at least her own person with her own mind.
she's actually got some depth. like Jimmy's wife Angela had. but since Angela is sleeping with the worms, the only real female characters left are Margaret and Jimmy's mom.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:22 AM

Yea I normally don't like uppity female television characters but given the time period Margaret is actually pretty radical and has grown a tremendous set of balls throughout the series. I also find her accent to be cute even though it doesn't sound Irish to me, it sounds kind of Irish but like she's trying to hold it back or something. Do you guys think Jimmy's mom thinks he's still alive or was she just being a c*nt when she told Luciano that her son would sign over ownership of the whorehouse "as soon as he gets back." or however she put it.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

oh wow I noticed the exact same thing and came up with the same question. is she a bitch or is she clueless??
I honestly couldn't tell.

I assumed that she would have to know about Jimmy's death.
how could she not? she must just be giving Luciano a hard time. maybe it's Lucky that doesn't actually know that Jimmy's been killed, and his mom is just using this information to manipulate him in order to hold control over the brothel.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:10 AM

Despite BE being better than most shows on TV i still think that Jimmy was the driving force of the show. The show feels so empty without him. Gyp Rosetti is an awesome introduction though but i think that those intense Jimmy moments (if you guys know what i mean) hit a home run for me. He was the most relatable character on the show and the show just isn't as good without him. He had a subtle type of charisma about him that made him so magnetic. I also preferred the love story between Jimmy and Angela to Nucky and Margaret's.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

I'll be damned but that scene with Al Capone and his son was touching

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

it really was.

you could tell that Al was about to cry the moment he realized that his son was getting upset by the play fighting.
it was really cool to see Al come to terms with the fact that his son doesn't have to be a hardcore badass like his father... right after he beat the almighty f*ck out of that guy in the bar lol.gif

things are getting pretty juicy all of a sudden. Nucky is gonna' have a war on his hands between Atlantic City and New York thanks to Rosetti screwing up the shipping route. Margaret looks like she's getting ready to cheat on Nucky again too, but this time with that doctor at the women's hospital.

this episode was great as usual. only one thing could have made it better...
VAN ALDEN!

I'm sure we'll catch up with him next week.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:37 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 16 March 2013 - 12:31 AM.

404: Post not found

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Gonna say the giggling during the blowjob really suspended my disbelief.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

The way Nucky offed that kid reaffirmed his gangster, sometimes you can forget that he really is a violent street thug in a nice suit. The Capone beatdown of that dude was so over the top that it was comical, I mean that in a good way, I kept saying to myself "surely it's over now". I'm not buying that fat dude not being able to help being smelly, but maybe the hygiene products for fat f*cks weren't very good back then considering there were far less fat f*cks running around in the 1920s.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 13:55)
Gonna say the giggling during the blowjob really suspended my disbelief.

you've never had a girl giggle while licking your balls?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Irish curse. Leaves plenty of room for giggling.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:10 PM Edited by ShaneHunter, 16 October 2012 - 05:04 AM.

Gyp seems to enjoy his auto-erotic asphyxiation biggrin.gif But seriously how awesome was that shootout where Bugsy just mows down Gyps men and comes close to whacking him, which i actually thought might happen in the heat of the moment. Probably the best sequence of this season so far, reminiscent of the Taxi Driver finale with the realism and it being in a corridor and of course the over-head shot with Gyp that crazy bastard stumbling around like a wild animal with nothing but a leash. The rest of the episode, i admit was lacking and i felt bored with both the Billie and Margaret scenes but i guess it worked in heightening the awesomeness of that last sequence. Overall solid episode and that scene near the end makes the episode that much better. sh*t is going down next episode tounge.gif.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

HBO: Always finding ways to get penis on your tv screen.

Van Alden can't catch a break.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

So Gyp has some weird sexual fantasies. And i also thought the last thing Eddie Cantor said in the episode was really funny. Now Van Alden's turning into a murderer. Its amazing how every character on the show is f*cked up in their own way

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Wait that is that hot head kid working for Luciano and that Jewish fella supposed to be a young Bugsy Siegel?

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 16:29)
Wait that is that hot head kid working for Luciano and that Jewish fella supposed to be a young Bugsy Siegel?

Certainly is colgate.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:33 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 17 October 2012 - 07:38 AM.

QUOTE (ShaneHunter @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 06:10)
The rest of the episode, i admit was lacking

no way man.
totally disagree.

this was the most powerful episode of the entire season so far.
if by "boring" you mean "not constant action" then sure. but just because not every scene was like the climax scene doesn't mean it was boring. there was SO MUCH going on this week.

I was blown away by this episode.
first Nucky slips up and exposes Margaret to his mistress right after she gets denied by the doctor that she had the hots for. she was all over that guy until he introduced her to his fiance.
then Van Alden's nanny / new wife beats the f*ck out of that agent forcing him to finish the poor guy off. so now Van Alden has the perfect excuse to go back to Banion, asking for help in disposing bodies. this means that Van Alden can now introduce himself to the Chicago gangsters as a legitimate soldier. he knows he would make a lot more money working for them than working as a legit salesman. this is the perfect way for Van Alden to thrust himself back into the heat of the alcohol / crime war. he's so perfect for it and you know that he's utterly bored trying to be a "straight" man.

and then of course the attempted assassination on Rosetti. you know what that means, don't you?
it finally shows how Nucky is the most powerful man on the show. despite his heated argument with Rothstein (who didn't want to kill Rosetti), Arnold obviously ended up siding with Nucky. because that entire scene between Arnold and Rosetti was a setup. Rothstein was only speaking with Rosetti in order to figure out where exactly he was hiding and/or who he was loyal to. as soon as he heard Rosetti tell the paper boy EXACTLY what room he was staying in, he was able to arrange for the hit.

that was exactly what Rosetti realized when he looked at the dead body of the REAL paperboy lying in the hallway. he knew immediately that he had been set up by Arnold and Nucky. this changes everything. the stage is now set for a war between New York and Jersey; the exact thing that Rothstein was trying to avoid.

and I don't know why Nucky cares so much about Charlie.
she seems like just another bimbo. which is exactly what Eddie Cantor alluded to near the end of the show when he said "have you ever heard of Lucy Danziger?" before they went on stage. which also pissed me off, because now Nucky is jeopardizing the few real friendships he has left. Eddie was one of his few real friends because he was just an entertainer and not involved with the criminal aspects. but then Nucky forced him to take the lead role in Charlies play just to keep the theater open.

Nucky is burning the few bridges he has left.
the suspense in this episode was outstanding. cannot wait for next week.

oh and I almost forgot about the other bombshell.
apparently Gillian doesn't actually know that Jimmy is dead. I wasn't sure at firs,t but they made it clear this week. she is in DEEP denial. she thinks he has just disappeared. and since their relationship was incestuous, it will be interesting to see how she finally reacts to the reality that her only son is dead... and that he was killed by the very man who basically raised him AND who is responsible for him existing in the first place (since it was Nucky who introduced Gillian to the Commadore, her baby daddy).

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:51 AM Edited by ShaneHunter, 17 October 2012 - 11:54 AM.

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 07:33)
QUOTE (ShaneHunter @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 06:10)
The rest of the episode, i admit was lacking

no way man.
totally disagree.

this was the most powerful episode of the entire season so far.
if by "boring" you mean "not constant action" then sure. but just because not every scene was like the climax scene doesn't mean it was boring. there was SO MUCH going on this week.

I was blown away by this episode.
first Nucky slips up and exposes Margaret to his mistress right after she gets denied by the doctor that she had the hots for. she was all over that guy until he introduced her to his fiance.
then Van Alden's nanny / new wife beats the f*ck out of that agent forcing him to finish the poor guy off. so now Van Alden has the perfect excuse to go back to Banion, asking for help in disposing bodies. this means that Van Alden can now introduce himself to the Chicago gangsters as a legitimate soldier. he knows he would make a lot more money working for them than working as a legit salesman. this is the perfect way for Van Alden to thrust himself back into the heat of the alcohol / crime war. he's so perfect for it and you know that he's utterly bored trying to be a "straight" man.

and then of course the attempted assassination on Rosetti. you know what that means, don't you?
it finally shows how Nucky is the most powerful man on the show. despite his heated argument with Rothstein (who didn't want to kill Rosetti), Arnold obviously ended up siding with Nucky. because that entire scene between Arnold and Rosetti was a setup. Rothstein was only speaking with Rosetti in order to figure out where exactly he was hiding and/or who he was loyal to. as soon as he heard Rosetti tell the paper boy EXACTLY what room he was staying in, he was able to arrange for the hit.

that was exactly what Rosetti realized when he looked at the dead body of the REAL paperboy lying in the hallway. he knew immediately that he had been set up by Arnold and Nucky. this changes everything. the stage is now set for a war between New York and Jersey; the exact thing that Rothstein was trying to avoid.

and I don't know why Nucky cares so much about Charlie.
she seems like just another bimbo. which is exactly what Eddie Cantor alluded to near the end of the show when he said "have you ever heard of Lucy Danziger?" before they went on stage. which also pissed me off, because now Nucky is jeopardizing the few real friendships he has left. Eddie was one of his few real friends because he was just an entertainer and not involved with the criminal aspects. but then Nucky forced him to take the lead role in Charlies play just to keep the theater open.

Nucky is burning the few bridges he has left.
the suspense in this episode was outstanding. cannot wait for next week.

oh and I almost forgot about the other bombshell.
apparently Gillian doesn't actually know that Jimmy is dead. I wasn't sure at firs,t but they made it clear this week. she is in DEEP denial. she thinks he has just disappeared. and since their relationship was incestuous, it will be interesting to see how she finally reacts to the reality that her only son is dead... and that he was killed by the very man who basically raised him AND who is responsible for him existing in the first place (since it was Nucky who introduced Gillian to the Commadore, her baby daddy).

It was lacking when compared to the episodes from the first and second seasons. The pre-natal care sub-plot is just a filler in my opinion and a bore to the max. The individual scenes between Nucky and Margaret are good enough but i honestly didn't care when Margaret found out about Nucky and Billie, a reaction i didn't think i'd have. The precious time given to the pre-natal care sub-plot could be used better with characters like Chalky White, Richard Harrow, Al Capone and even Eli; Infinitely more interesting characters.
I understand that they are trying to give a female character exposure to even it out, but what's the point when most people are bored of her and can't wait for her scenes to end. I think that if they had assigned a much more interesting plot for her this wouldn't have been a problem.

Van Alden is awesome and i like where his character is heading even though i would've preferred him to have remained a prohib agent. A big issue for me still is Jimmy's death, the show feels lifeless without him and i still feel like there's a void that Jimmy left behind that has yet to be filled. They unintentionally shot themselves in the foot when they killed off Jimmy. Eli would've been a better choice, after all he was the one that initiated the hit on Nucky's life and Jimmy was peer pressured into going with it. They should've had Jimmy go back to Nucky, asking for forgiveness instead of Eli.

Despite my problems, Boardwalk is still awesome and like i said; the episode was solid.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I disagree. I think they did the right thing killing off Jimmy. Sure it sucks, and he was a great character. But there was nothing left for him to do. And it's really hard to make s how with two main characters. Because that's what Jimmy was. A main character just like Nucky. Sometimes he even seemed to matter more than Nucky. Especially in the last season. And that's what makes his death so much more relevant.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

the problem with Jimmy is that he signed his own death certificate the moment he arranged for Nucky's assassination.

there was no way to keep him alive without him staying deep "underground" in hiding. which would be ok, but also incredibly stale.
but the point is that Nucky couldn't let that slide. there was no alternative for Jimmy.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

Uncle Junior!

But yeah, I can't get interested in anything to do with Margaret. The whole meeting Nucky and Billie thing was interesting, but still not enough. It's okay, though, there's plenty of other good stuff to keep me interested in the show as a whole.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users