Boardwalk Empire

529 replies to this topic
Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Happy that Margaret's presence in this episode was limited to that. I just hate her character. This episode did lack some Capone and George Muller. Interested to see how things play out with Knox, coming very close to being discovered.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

f*ck me I hate Dr Narcisse. Its interesting to see how the two webs of informers are closing in on the Atlantic City organisation though.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Was really thinking they'd off 

Spoiler
there. Glad to see they didn't, as I really enjoy his character.

Same on the hate on Narcisse. Good character and all, but I hate his ways. Hope he gets a kickass "retirement".

Man, this season is getting tense!

• Carbine23 likes this

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

I definitely hate the doctor's ways. I hope they do him good.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:32 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 04 November 2013 - 08:33 AM.

dude ain't nobody f*ckin' with Chalky.

I'm sure Purnsley and Narcisse will meet their end long before White.

the townspeople are already on his side. they don't trust the good doctor...

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by The Yokel, 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM.

Van Alden is so awesome now.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

I can't believe it but I really felt quite sorry for Gillian. She had a little childish boyfriend. Awwww!

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

I can't believe it but I really felt quite sorry for Gillian. She had a little childish boyfriend. Awwww!

Ron Livingston's character's up to something....i know it

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

If Nucky moves on Chalky...Also, Van Alden is an absolute boss. I've gone from despising him series 1 to loving him now, fantastic writing. 

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

Van Alden is so awesome now.

Van Alden is an absolute boss. I've gone from despising him series 1 to loving him now, fantastic writing. 

despise? awesome now?

Van Alden was always awesome. hands down one of the single best characters on all of TV.

I've been saying it since the very beginning of Boardwalk Empire; Van Alden was destined to spiral out of control after witnessing the corruption and debauchery of the Prohibition Agency until he finally threw off the chains of his dumb religious beliefs and converted to full gangster. and now it's happening! he's gonna' join Capone's crew! he carries a gun, he's making money, he's got a hot young new wife, and sh*ts about to blow up.

awesome.

yeah we're finally starting to understand just how tortured and f*cked up this poor woman is.

no wonder she became a junkie so fast.

stripped of her innocence, raped and impregnated at 12, all the screwed up emotions that lead someone to commit incest with their only son because they feel like no one else on Earth can be trusted. I've always felt sorry for Gillian but it's hard to feel sympathy for her in the end. she's quite manipulative and obviously capable of murder depending on the mood of her depression.

Ron Livingston's character's up to something....i know it

yes!

I can't wait to see what his angle is. clearly he's not just taking care of Gillian out of the goodness of his heart. something was fishy from the start but there were NO real clues until this week when Gillian caught him on the phone in the middle of the night.

some weird sh*t about to go down with that guy...

• Rudy likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:12 AM

I wasn't sure before, but now I am. This show is better than The Sopranos.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Was so weirded out by Narcisse and Maybelle. Ick. She doesn't seem broken up about her wedding, just kind of bummed out, so I guess that wasn't a very deep love.

Also, Margaret is a f*cking nut.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

How I Got Over

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

This show is just awesome! I can't wait for next week.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Oh man are we set up for an explosive finale! I'm hating Margaret a lot less this season, mainly due to her lack of appearances and the fact that she stopped being so whiny all the time.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

what??

why?

what's wrong with you people?

Margaret isn't super exciting but she's not that bad. she's not even doing anything. she's had like 2.5 scenes this whole season.

relax with the Margaret hate :rol:

• Rudy likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by rudy., 16 November 2013 - 02:37 PM.

what??

why?

what's wrong with you people?

Margaret isn't super exciting but she's not that bad. she's not even doing anything. she's had like 2.5 scenes this whole season.

relax with the Margaret hate :rol:

lol dude. If anything annoyed me about Margaret this episode it's that she hasn't learned a thing from her days in Ireland. Always seems to attach herself to a man too quickly, and always seems to regret the consequences. You'd think that after seeing how even a "gentleman gangster" like Nucky a truly dark side, she'd just try to find a nice honest bloke. But she's as greedy as the rest.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

lol dude. If anything annoyed me about Margaret this episode it's that she hasn't learned a thing from her days in Ireland. Always seems to attach herself to a man too quickly, and always seems to regret the consequences.

oh I see what you're saying.

especially after all the time she spent with Nucky, you would think she knows better.

but you're forgetting something.

it's still the 1920's and she's still just a woman (a poor woman with no property of her own). she really doesn't have many options considering Nucky didn't really give her any money of her own. she probably even knows that she shouldn't be in Arnold's pocket, but she's gotta' what she's gotta' do in order to try and find a better living situation for her kids.

attaching yourself to a man was the only option most women had back then.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

gillian sheeit.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:15 PM

Couldn't help but draw comparisons last night to Omar and Butchie with Chalky and the old man. I was a little bummed that they waited till they made me feel a little sorry for Gillian till she really finally got hers. Bummer.

Really hope this season finale is a lot better than last year. Hopefully we get a lot of Van Alden. He's become my favorite character this season.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

I was almost expecting a Michael/Fredo conversation between Nucky and Eli.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

gillian sheeit.

yeah the end of her story actually really bothered me because it just wasn't realistic.

you knew ALL ALONG that something was fishy with Roy; he obviously wasn't just some random businessman.

but the fact that he was investigating the murder of the boy from last season struck me as kind of dumb.

it's the 1920's during prohibition! Roger was just some poor kid and Gillian is a woman with no assets other than the empty house. there's no way in hell that anyone would really be investigating that murder or going through WEEKS of acting and pretending (including a fake gunfight in a public parking garage) just to set her up for confession.

also, it's not like those guys had little microphones wired to their chest (those didn't exist in the 20's).

they don't have her confession on tape or anything... which means it's just her word versus the word of those Pinkerton agents. if that's all they needed, they could have just framed Gillian and said she admitted it instead of wasting weeks and money and time to construct this elaborate fake romance. I mean what difference does it make?

ugh... aside from that, GREAT episode.

I cannot wait to see what happens between Eli and Nucky once Nucky gets wise to that Federal agent who's on his brother.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Is anyone else hoping we see Bugsy again in the final episode? I've been really disappointed that he hasn't shown up at all during this season. He's such a complete headcase, I'd love to see him just start barking random noises at Narcisse.

• Otter likes this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Diablo - agreed - not to mention going the full 12 steps with her. Guy had some serious dedication to this case. Muttonchops obviously paid for the best guy he could get, but still was a loooong con.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Diablo - agreed - not to mention going the full 12 steps with her.

LOL

yes exactly.

apparently Roy is just a huge asshole :lol:

he got her sober JUST in time for her to suffer in prison without any intoxicating escape.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

Damn. This finale was bittersweet for me.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by Typhus, 25 November 2013 - 10:30 AM.

Very glad

Spoiler
died. His story has been so dull. I can't stand redemptive arcs.

Also nice to see Arnold acting like a human being, if only for a second.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:05 AM Edited by The Yokel, 25 November 2013 - 11:15 AM.

That was almost painful to watch. What a finale. But yeah, I knew

Spoiler

And lol at

Spoiler
I wonder how that's gonna turn out in the next season.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

Man there really are very few sympathetic characters on this show. Eli seems like one of the only few characters left who you can root for. Talk about a rock and a hard place. Richards story was tragic throughout and it was destined that way. He had a chance to leave the path he was on but he got greedy for tommy and he paid the price. His story kinda went a bit off kilt after Jimmy died though imo. I paticularly loved the line Eli gave to Nucky about him being in an empty hotel pointing a gun at his brother. Really does go to show that crime doesn't pay. Financially it may. But if you look at all the major crime bosses in BE they're all pretty unhappy or f*cked up in one way or another. Narcisse calling Hoover sir was another brilliant line. That guy is a grade A cock and it was so satisfying to see him submit to someone else rather than trying to bend everyone else to his will.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't know how anyone can be 'glad' that Richard is dead.

he was hands-down the most interesting character on the show after Van Alden.

if you hate 'redemptive stories' so be it.

but Harrow was an incredible person with more depth and more to offer than most on the show combined.

that being said, I'm fine with how his story played out.

I enjoy realistic endings because in real life you don't always get sappy/happy endings. sometimes your plans don't work out and/or you f*ck up and there's no happily ever after. that's life and that's part of what makes Boardwalk Empire so indelible as a human drama. sh*t happens. it was an amazing moment when he pulled the trigger and Narcise just had blood splashed on his cheek. and as soon as the Onyx bodyguards clipped him in the stomach I was like "uh oh, goodbye Rich."

this episode was beautiful too because now it's official: Al Capone has the reins and it's his time to shine, finally.

it looks like next season we're gonna' focus heavily on Chicago during arguably the most famous, golden-era of Mafia rule in US history. and we know that (historically) Capone immediately went to consolidate power from Illinois to the Eastern Seaboard followed by Lucky Luciano and Myer Lansky putting the hit out on Joe Masseria.

it will be awesome to see how the show deals with these historical facts going forward.

also, LOL @ Eli wasting the FBI agent in his living room in front of the wife and kids. bravo Eli, bravo.

• Tacymist likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

f*ck yeah, the moment he pulled the trigger was the moment I knew Harrow was dead. He was already being haunted by all the killing he had done in the past, he could not take another death, specially the one of an innocent(?) young girl, caught in the power struggle. Great way to play out his story.

I love the dealings in Chicago, and am looking forward to Capone's stories, as well as the rise of Lansky/Luciano and the downfall of Rothstein. God damn it, I love this show!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users