Boardwalk Empire

529 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

lol... well we haven't seen Marge for 2 episodes now.

And that's why this season is so awesome already.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Man, for a moment there when Nucky was talking about his son, I thought they were going to cut to Margaret and show how she's doing. THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T! The Doctor, such a badass character. Feeling really bad for Richard, hope he goes back to that woman, or at least gets back to killing. 

And that whore, Gillian! Such a close call with that boy's friend! Roy strikes me as someone with a hidden agenda, so it's pretty interesting to see how things will turn out.

Loving it so far!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Man, for a moment there when Nucky was talking about his son, I thought they were going to cut to Margaret and show how she's doing. THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T!

Yeah, that was a close call. Hopefully she's out of the show for good.

I haven't really seen Ron Livingston much since Band of Brothers. My man Nix doesn't look a day older.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm confused; why is Richard leaving his sister already?

I must have missed something.

where is he going at the end of the episode?

otherwise amazing show this week.

I'm really interested to see where the Doc goes with his heroine deal since he's already talking to Purnsley about betraying Chalky. and I'm fascinated by Roy; I can't figure him out yet or what exactly his interest is in Gillian.

the ending was great too.

I guess machetes are as good at opening human skulls as they are at opening coconuts....

• Rudy likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Maybe Richard never meant to abandon his previous life? Maybe he just needed a break from it all. My guess is he still has scores to settle somewhere, or going back to his old "girlfriend".

That ending was awesome. Can't wait to see what troubles brew up from down south.

Also, Boardwalk Empire has been renewed for a 5th season! Woo!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Yes... So glad Boardwalk is back. Nearly forgot about it. Got the first episode ready to go! 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Got the first episode ready to go! 

well hurry up and watch em' so you can join the discussion!

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:44 AM Edited by rudy., 29 September 2013 - 02:45 AM.

I'm quite suprised that not even a single person hasn't talked about the scene where Narcisse wipes his shaking hands with Rothstien, yet. It seemed that he was pleased to meet Rothstein at first and was happy to do business with him. The tone did seem to change when Rothstein emphasized "large bills". Narcisse was definately offended. I don't know if the hand wiping was because of the perceived slight or because of race or Rothstein's being Jewish (lol anti-semite?) Here's hoping Chalky's man is double-crossing Narcisse and is still loyal to Chalky. I also hope Chalky is not being set up to cheat on his wife with the hot singer.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

This season is definitely better than last season by far

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Tad late to the party here, but as if it wasn't awesome enough a premiere already, motherf*cking

Spoiler
shows up.

This is gonna be gooood.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

No one reacted to Ned Luke (Michael in V) being that poker guy that got the living sh*t smacked out of his face? I had to do a double take and not look while he spoke, but it's definitely him.

• Rudy likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:37 PM Edited by rudy., 05 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Yeah, it's him!

I loved those poker scenes. The most beautiful about that scene was how AR was losing it, and yet still TOTALLY being AR.  His "losing it" was still so relatively composed.  Even his "shouting" at the dealer about looking at him was so quiet compared to an Al Capone or a Gyp Rosetti.  I just thought it was another moment of brilliant direction and brilliant acting because it fit the character so well while still introducing us (and Nucky) to a new side of him.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

I've been thinking about starting this show, but I want to finish The Sopranos first. Is this show as good? I know the main character played Tony Sopranos cousin.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:22 PM Edited by El_Diablo, 05 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

Boardwalk Empire is definitely on-par with The Sopranos.

nothing will ever be "as good" as The Sopranos because that show had history; it was basically the first of its kind to gain international acclaim (sorry The Wire...) but Boardwalk is every bit as good in terms of execution and style.

it has incredible acting, set design, writing, and storytelling.

it does a great job of balancing action with suspense and drama. the pacing is superb, just like every other attention to detail. the music is superb even if you think you hate 1920's-era jazz. if you enjoyed Sopranos then you should love everything about Boardwalk.

join the party bro.
do it before I change my mind...

richard_harrow_300.jpg

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Rudy: I too noticed that hand wiping. Damn do I hate Narcisse. I too hope that Dunn doesn't betray Chalky but with the way Chalky has been treating him lately you can see why the loyalty has slipped, he went from being his right-hand man to getting ordered to move furniture, I think Chalky is beginning to forget that his empire is built on treating the black community with respect not like an overlord.

• Rudy likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Oh, Eddie.

I love Van Alden's storyline this season. It's the best thing in the show right now.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

It's so f*cking weird seeing Herc with hair.

• El Diablo likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

It's so f*cking weird seeing Herc with hair.

I was thinking the exact same thing all along...

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Poor Eddie.

Also, just to go back a few episodes I want to point out just one reason why I love this show so much, when Will gets the booze off Mickey Doyle. Since the show's beginning Doyle has been shown as a bit of an oaf, someone Nucky and the rest can talk down to and disrespect due to the structure of the organisation, but then Will comes along and he's portrayed as this powerful, intimidating guy. We got to see a different side to him and see how he got to the position he's in.

The show is great at subtly portraying characters from the perspective of other characters...if that makes sense?

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by rudy., 08 October 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Spoiler
Also f*ck, a lot of my favorite characters were missing. No Richard, Chalky, Narcissie (albeit he's an asshole)  I have a feeling that's someone's gonna be f*cked real bad soon. Either Roy is going to be an accidental casuality in all of this or Gillian's luck if finally gonna run out. Oh, and why the f*ck are they even featuring Gillian in this season? I thought her story-line ended last season.  

• Jibran likes this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Gillian is like America's first crack whore. Its great.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I think Gillian is the one who is going to run out of luck. I don't know what Roy's angle is, but he knows exactly what he is doing and who Gillian is. Maybe he could be related to the dude she killed?

We're getting closer to the murder of O'Banion and a gang war in Chicago. This season just keeps getting better and better!

Also, RIP Eddie.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Boardwalk Empire is definitely on-par with The Sopranos.

nothing will ever be "as good" as The Sopranos because that show had history; it was basically the first of its kind to gain international acclaim (sorry The Wire...) but Boardwalk is every bit as good in terms of execution and style.

it has incredible acting, set design, writing, and storytelling.
it does a great job of balancing action with suspense and drama. the pacing is superb, just like every other attention to detail. the music is superb even if you think you hate 1920's-era jazz. if you enjoyed Sopranos then you should love everything about Boardwalk.

join the party bro.
do it before I change my mind...

richard_harrow_300.jpg

Haha great man, I'm definitely going to start watching this show. And I love 20s jazz, don't know a whole lot about it, but its catchy as a motherf*cker.. Is the upcoming season likely to be the last?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is the upcoming season likely to be the last?

as of right now, I see no reason why anyone would assume so.

it could go on for several more years.

prohibition hasn't even been repealed yet.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Is the upcoming season likely to be the last?

as of right now, I see no reason why anyone would assume so.

it could go on for several more years.

prohibition hasn't even been repealed yet.

This.

If you look at the History books we just had April 1st 1924. There's a whole lot of Boardwalk Empire to come.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Spoiler

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK

I left for the gym with ten minutes left of the episode and forgot to wrap it up.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I re-watched that today. He looked incredibly let down. Beautifully played by the actor. I knew it was all over when he began folding his clothes and put on a good suit. 

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:33 AM

This episode was so disjointed. I can't stand the entire Florida storyline whatsoever. And I was happy to see Margaret and all but the scene was highly disappointing.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

you knew Margaret was going to show up eventually.

but it seems pretty obvious that things between her and Nucky are over.

I'm enjoying the Florida storyline.

it'll be interesting to see how the deal with Myer Lansky forces Lucky Luciano to murder Joe Masseria.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Boring episode this one. Love the see lucky again,i hope we see him more now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users