508 replies to this topic
darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 00:19)
Jack Huston (plays Richard Harrow) really deserves an award for his performance in this show. From the moment he first appeared he was amazing.

It's funny to see him in these ads...

But they also show you just how much of a transformation he goes through to achieve Richard Harrow.

Androyed
  • Androyed

Snitch

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Wednesday, Dec 5 2012, 08:19)
Jack Huston (plays Richard Harrow) really deserves an award for his performance in this show. From the moment he first appeared he was amazing.

He is really something, but an award? No. His characters is way too one-sided. What do we really get to know about him?

He's really bad-ass (the assault), and while I love bad-ass characters, they aren't the ones that deserve the awards most of the time.

Jimmy was much better, much more three-dimensional. But the best is Nucky. I'm not saying he's the most interesting, or the coolest. But Steve Buscemi plays him so f*cking well. How calculating he is, never really getting angry, even if he has every reason to. I know Steve Buscemi from tons of movies and even other famous shows (like The Sopranos), but when I watch Boardwalk Empire I see Nucky Thompson, and not Steve Buscemi. That's worth praise.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Androyed @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 20:16)
...but when I watch Boardwalk Empire I see Nucky Thompson, and not Steve Buscemi. That's worth praise.

This. It's damn true. I've never seen such a consistently convincing performence. It really inspires me and I do believe that is world class acting at it's best.

Love this guy...
user posted image

"Hey! I thought you said this was todays paper!?
"It is.."
"But all this stuff happened yesterday!"
  • Marlowe. likes this

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:26 AM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 20 February 2013 - 07:23 PM.

QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 19:04)
The thing that got me really excited about this finale is it gave me hope that Margaret will be a smaller role next season, and the show will focus more on the gangster characters. Margaret was interesting in Season 1 and kinda interesting in Season 2 but got really boring this season.

We can only hope. I actually fast forwarded most of the scenes between her and Nucky.. I actually don't really like either of them but every scene with Margaret in it so far has been boring as hell. I wish they would just phase Nucky out gradually and eventually make the show entirely focus on the Big Seven Group/National Crime Syndicate (Al, Lucky, Meyer and Arnold etc.)

I can see Al Capone taking a big role in the next season and his war with the North Side Irish gang being one of the central plot points. In real life Dean O'Banion was killed by Frankie Yale and two other Chicago Outfit soldiers in November of 1924, which is when Season 4 will most likely take place. Florida mob boss Santo Trafficante. and Al's brother Frank Capone are also rumoured to appear.

Slingaa
  • Slingaa

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

Does anyone hate Gillian Darmody? I'm a few episodes in to season 3 and she's really annoying me. A good character though, mind. I love how we see real gangsters at the time like Al Capone and Lucky Luciano. I hope to see the young characters take flight and maybe see some new ones like Carlo Gambino.

ZerrickiShadow
  • ZerrickiShadow

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Slingaa @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 12:05)
Does anyone hate Gillian Darmody? I'm a few episodes in to season 3 and she's really annoying me. A good character though, mind. I love how we see real gangsters at the time like Al Capone and Lucky Luciano. I hope to see the young characters take flight and maybe see some new ones like Carlo Gambino.

Honestly never really liked her even before the incest was revealed I thought she was really weird. On the other hand she lost her son which is devastating but how she handles it is very strange.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

user posted image

Glad that I found this topic smile.gif . I'm a big fan. Can't wait when the next season starts... I'm sure I'll enjoy this place.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 15:46)
user posted image

lol.gif I love Steve.

one of my favorite character-actors of all time.
I'm glad he made the jump to leading man, but I'll never let him forget where he came from...

user posted image

<3

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (ZerrickiShadow @ Saturday, Feb 23 2013, 04:38)
QUOTE (Slingaa @ Thursday, Feb 21 2013, 12:05)
Does anyone hate Gillian Darmody? I'm a few episodes in to season 3 and she's really annoying me. A good character though, mind.

Honestly never really liked her even before the incest was revealed I thought she was really weird. On the other hand she lost her son which is devastating but how she handles it is very strange.

Her head is f*cked up from being raped by the Commodore when she was a kid.. I saw that incest thing coming a mile off since there was a lot of sexual tension between them.. not to mention the fact that there's only like 14 years between them which in a weird way kinda makes it more acceptable. The whole family is messed up in the head due to it's severe dysfunctionality so it kinda makes sense that they would be into that kind of thing. The female characters in this show are all pretty annoying but the writers have to include them for the sake of political correctness.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (Adriaan @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 18:46)
user posted image

Glad that I found this topic smile.gif . I'm a big fan. Can't wait when the next season starts... I'm sure I'll enjoy this place.

Great picture. Love some Steve Buscemi.

Also, first Gillian (played by Gretchen Mol) is incredibly attractive. Second, Gretchen Mol is quite talented as well (maybe some will get mad at the organization of the two, but generally you see a person before seeing them act).

And third, as has been said, her character has been f*cked up for a long time. When she was first on screen and the show made it seem that she was Jimmy's secret girl and then it was revealed she was his mother, everyone should've been clued into the possibilities of one strange storyline.

I personally enjoy everything regarding the Darmody's though I also believe the storyline should be mostly over now.

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

Just finished watching season 2, this is a great show, changed my top 3 TV shows. 1. The Sopranos 2. Boardwalk Empire 3. Oz

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

You need to watch The Wire, West Wing, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

BACK IN ACTION MOTHER F*CKERS

Boardwalk-Empire-Season-4-Teaser-2.jpg

oh my god I cannot wait until tomorrow night...

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Awwww yeah. This is why I love September.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

Great episode and finally something to watch along with Breaking Bad. Is it me though or does it seem like not as many people watch it now as when it started? 

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the fright

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Yeah I'm a little surprised there isn't much discussion going on in this thread. This episode had one of the strangest moments in television I've ever seen though. I mean wow.

• El_Diablo and Rudy like this

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

I can't wait to se Jeffery Wright in this season.

Tonight's episode could've been better, but I wasn't disappointed.

• Rudy likes this

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

I can't wait to se Jeffery Wright in this season.

Damn! gotta wait another week for him to show up. It'll definitely worth it. But hey, we already got Ron Livingston and it looks like he will be part of whatever they have planned for Gillian, plus Domenick Lombardozzi as Ralph Capone! That's some top notch casting right there. And yeah, the episode could have been better, felt like there should have been more to this episode somehow.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

I love this show so much. I love taking in that 30's atmosphere. It's so well done.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

This episode had one of the strangest moments in television I've ever seen though. I mean wow.

god damn right!

what an explosive season 4 premier.

last night was incredible on many levels.

and did you guys notice how bad Gillian's heroine habit has gotten?

she's doing bumbs of powder AND shooting it up now. holy crap.

but yeah, that sex/murder scene with the talent agent and his wife was HANDS DOWN one of the weirdest and awesome moments in TV history.

I feel bad for people who aren't watching this show.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:12 AM

God damn I love this show. I was sold on the new agent just being stupid/new, but after that, wow. Sneaky bugger!

And the sex/murder, so awesome! Damn it! Can't wait for more!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

This episode had one of the strangest moments in television I've ever seen though. I mean wow.

but yeah, that sex/murder scene with the talent agent and his wife was HANDS DOWN one of the weirdest and awesome moments in TV history.

Yeah that scene was up there with Gyp Rosetti killing all in sundry with a belt around his neck and his cock hanging out.

• UrbanTheEmcee likes this

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah that scene was up there with Gyp Rosetti killing all in sundry with a belt around his neck and his cock hanging out.

lol, good times.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm just glad to see it back. I noticed that the actor that plays Will Thompson has been changed which threw me at first but it's interesting to see him try and find a way into the business. He'll be in College for a reason though, Nucky will be sure of that.

The scene with the talent agent was disturbing but interesting to see the tension mount between Chalky White, Nucky and Purnsley, I hope that doesn't get out of hand because they're great together.

Can't wait for next week.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

J. Edgar Hoover, huh? Things are starting to get very interesting.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

yeah you KNEW that little sh*t Prohibition agent was up to no good.

he went to great lengths to make himself appear stupid which meant he was obviously very intelligent and had other plans. now the FBI is watching Nucky.

and I love that Eddie finally got a promotion after all the crap he took for Nucky and the business.

go Eddie!

Harrow is the man, as usual.

he's trying to escape his past and reconnect with his humanity but it's never that simple. I hope he can get back to taking care of Jimmy's son and hooking up with that lady he met from the Veteran's Association.

and Van Alden is back! hell yes.

they're finally breaking him into a complete GANGSTER and it's awesome. now he's gonna' end up working for Al Capone while Capone tries to establish himself as the king of Chicago.

this season is shaping up to be something epic.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Yea that was a great episode. Things are turning really interesting. Not that last season wasn't great, it was just a little slow (but Gyp Rossetti was a fantastic character). This season looks like it's gonna be really good.

But i saw that this season only has 10 episodes instead of 12 which is a bummer. But i'm pretty sure there will be a 5th season

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:27 AM

I hope we'll never see Margaret and her stupid kids again. Hopefully that is all over with.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

lol... well we haven't seen Marge for 2 episodes now.

she's not going to disappear though.

whether or not she plays a major role anymore is anyone's guess, but they're going to have to catch up with her at least one more time.

she'll make at least a brief appearance - likely with Nucky - before her storyline is completely wrapped up and finished.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users