» «
Photo

Boardwalk Empire

466 replies to this topic
Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:08 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 10:14 AM.

404: Post not found

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I still reckon he meant it as "you owe me for killing him instead of leaving him to drown," but, hey, the ways of Gyp are manifold.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:36 AM Edited by Dragonjack, 25 November 2012 - 10:42 AM.

I think i've seen the show on my Austraila channel and its called SBS. I only watched the sex part scene and I was damn tired on that very day honestly haha. I might aswell watch the rest of the series since I didn't watched it at all. But what's soo good about it though? I really wanna know actually. I mean to me, its sort of a mafia film in my opinion.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I just wanna say
that was definitely the best episode of the season

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

This is how I like my gangster tales. That was an amazing episode. I'm so excited for the next week's finale.

Did you notice something? No Margaret in this episode at all. Another huge plus.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:59 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

...not much of a police force left in Atlantic City, aye? I love where the show's going, but it feels like the city is a gigantic criminal playpen at this point.

Can't wait for the finale. Should be epic.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

So much to love about this episode. No bullsh*t filler, just down to the good stuff. I sure hope Jimmy's mom finally bites the dust after this episode.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:56 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 11:19 PM.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Harrow is definitely going rogue.
he saw Nucky's desk getting dragged in with Gyp's men right before Gillian dismisses him and tries to force Tommy to stay in that sh*tty environment around those sh*tty people.
Harrow is not stupid. he may only have one working eye but he sees all. and now it's time to enact some serious justice.

it was pretty bad ass to see Al Capone show up with Eli.
they've got a real army on their hands as does Gyp. it's not that Atlantic City is void of police presence, but the police understand what's going on and they're not going to get themselves killed over trying to protect a bunch of New York gangsters from each other. Gyp's men set up shop all over town and so the local officials are clearly just avoiding them until the war blows over.

I hope Eddy is alright after his nasty surgery in Chalky's safehouse.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:25 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 27 November 2012 - 09:42 AM.

Richard Harrow is such a great character and a bad-ass. The quality of the characters and acting in Boardwalk Empire is stunning. Van Alden is another of my favourite characters in the series.

Here's a great interview with the actor who plays Richard Harrow:
http://www.nj.com/en...rd_harro_1.html

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I hope they don't kill him off. I'd be pissed. I think I like this show better than The Sopranos at this point. I've had a thing for the prohibition era since I was a kid. Probably because of that little video game you might have heard of tounge.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 02:51)
Probably because of that little video game you might have heard of tounge.gif

and which game was that?

there's a lot of gangster-era video games.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 22:18)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 02:51)
Probably because of that little video game you might have heard of  tounge.gif

and which game was that?

there's a lot of gangster-era video games.

Oh just that little one. Mafia.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Damn did this show get more exciting without Margaret! Harrow is preparing for something legendary. You can feel it. And Capone, oh man. Season finale will be thrilling!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Finally got around to watching the new episode. As has been said, Capone and Harrow are gonna tear sh*t up in the finale.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

wow that was violent as hell
The shows renewed for a fourth season so i really wonder what they're going to bring in next year

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

"he's safe....That's all that matters."

The finale was so so but at least there's a 4th season coming.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Harrow's rampage was great. Damn he is a badass!
Can't wait for next season! Things are going to be intense!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

Who directed this episode? It was shot completely like a movie.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:01 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

So...has Nucky abandoned his entire life? He can't just pretend to not be Nucky Thompson. The ending felt off.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:41 PM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

I was very satisfied with the finale, I mean the episode prior had really left little room for speculation as to what was going to happen but it was still very good. I thought for one brief moment that they might actually let Gyp walk and have him return late next season or maybe even a couple seasons later, regrouped and refitted but alas, it was but a dream. Harrow's action hero sequence was f*cking awesome, I kept thinking he'd end up shot or worst dead but my god that dude is the f*cking terminator. I know he was a sniper in the great war but I wonder if they'll elaborate a bit further on his training and role in battle, maybe he has a more hardcore military background than they've shown so far.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

the season finale was outstanding of course.

but to be perfectly honest, I'm slightly disappointed.
did you guys notice that no one actually died? I mean, not anyone important aside from Gyp but that was obviously going to happen no matter what.

I actually thought that at least one more important character would die. like Nucky's brother Eli... or something.
this episode was great but it was extremely predictable; there was not a single surprise moment for any character.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

• Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Dec 4 2012, 01:25)
the season finale was outstanding of course.

but to be perfectly honest, I'm slightly disappointed.
did you guys notice that no one actually died? I mean, not anyone important aside from Gyp but that was obviously going to happen no matter what.

I actually thought that at least one more important character would die. like Nucky's brother Eli... or something.
this episode was great but it was extremely predictable; there was not a single surprise moment for any character.

Just saves it for the 4th season

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Some fantastic power plays happened. That was the most satisfying stuff for me. The whole business with the distillery was great scheming.

And Harrow's assualt was incedible!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

On the whole it didn't surpass last season's finale, but it was still really good. For a Boardwalk Empire episode, Scarface said it, it was so-so. But even a so-so episode of this show can make a great finale, if that makes sense. Loved the mini story arch with Chalky and Capone. Jillian was sexy as ever, but the prospect of season 4 being Gretchen Mol-less is heartbreaking. Nucky and Eli finally acting like brothers was very relatable for me being one of three brothers that always piss each other off, but when all is said and done, we're brothers, and all bad feeling go away when you open the hood of a car. The planning and reveal of Nucky pulling a switch-a-roo on Masseria and Rothstein was satisfying. Rosetti getting shanked was some nice payback for Jillian, at least in my eyes.

And of course, Harrow was the f*cking Terminator. The part in the hallway where he was opening doors was suspenseful as hell. I was scared some Rosetti punk was gonna get in a cheap shot, and take him out. The part with Tommy as a hostage, I knew he was gonna take the shot, but it was still exciting. And then the line, "The only thing that matters, is he's safe." Almost brought a tear to my eye. On the short list of favorite all time television characters, this episode solidified Harrow as a top 5.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Jack Huston (plays Richard Harrow) really deserves an award for his performance in this show. From the moment he first appeared he was amazing.

ZerrickiShadow
  • ZerrickiShadow

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

The thing that got me really excited about this finale is it gave me hope that Margaret will be a smaller role next season, and the show will focus more on the gangster characters. Margaret was interesting in Season 1 and kinda interesting in Season 2 but got really boring this season.

Here is what I want from next season:

-More Harrow, More Capone, More Luciano, More Van Alden, and less Nucky.

Speaking of Van Alden what happened to him? Was he in the last two episodes at all?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users