Boardwalk Empire

531 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Van Alden snapping like that was f*ckin' awesome.

Horse With No Name
  • Horse With No Name

Watch Your Six

• Members

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Well that was an explosive ending biggrin.gif

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:05 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 10:15 AM.

404: Post not found

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

Sensational Show. If Sopranos was f*cking amazing, this will be too.

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

One of the best episodes of the whole season. Maybe even THE BEST. I did feel that the explosion at the end was a little overdone but it was still an awesome episode. Was i the only one who laughed at Rothstein's facials after the explosion? hahaha

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

My boy Harrow!!!!! Atta boy
so happy that happened i only hope it continues to go well

I don't know if Nucky's f*cked or if everyone who declined his invitation is f*cked

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Monday, Nov 12 2012, 04:26)
I don't know if Nucky's f*cked or if everyone who declined his invitation is f*cked

History would suggest the latter but I'm sure there will still be a lot of great feelings of tension, suspense and general anxiousness in the last few episodes of the season regardless.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

yes history would indicate that Nucky survives for at least another few years.
but it's going to be a nasty little war that will definitely result in the death of some our favorite characters.

also, Gyp Rossetti and that tricorne hat lol.gif
that was awesome. he fancies himself a general who's about to start a battle.

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Time to pop open the champagne. No more boring ass soap opera sh*t from Margret and Owen.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:05 AM Edited by El_Diablo, 19 November 2012 - 06:08 AM.

I didn't think Slater would be the first casualty in the new war.
mostly because I thought he was better at his job than that. when the bath house scene started I thought we would actually get to witness the assassination attempt. before it even began I assumed it would be a failure which incites the war, but I didn't think our boy would be executed and sent home in a box.

I wonder if they interrogated and tortured him first or just killed him on the spot...
also, Harrow got laid under the boardwalk which is awesome.

Gyp is f*ckin' insane as usual.
that scene on the beach at night is one of his best moments yet. it seems like every other episode Rossetti manages to out-crazy himself.

oh and Van Alden might be coerced into working for Al Capone!
one way or another I hope he gets sucked into the criminal underworld and becomes some kind of hardcore mob hitman.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

Lotta violence in this episode
Just keeps getting more insane
That scene with the delivery box was actually pretty disturbing
And i'm so happy that Harrow has found someone, and whoever plays her is cute!

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

You cried like a rape victim

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

Can we get some spoiler tags up in this bitch? Seriously, if you are gonna talk about major plot developments at least hide them so if people to look it is their own fault. I came in here to see how this episode was received and you f*cking tell me something I would have liked to have found out myself.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

It's pretty much an unspoken rule that if you're not up to date with a show, you shouldn't go into it's topic. I know I don't. As for Margaret and Slater, I never thought their story was that boring. It was Margaret's adventures in the hospital, that were kind of boring.

Gyp playing shovel golf with that guy's head was brutal, but it looked funny.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:00 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 10:14 AM.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Monday, Nov 19 2012, 21:04)
I came in here to see how this episode was received

well, that's just silly.

don't be mad at us for talking about the episode that JUST aired in a topic that is ABOUT the show.
spoiler tags are for inadvertently spoiling something that is otherwise off-topic; like when you're unable to explain something or answer someone's question without being able to say something about the plot.
spoiler tags are not for people who are up to speed with the show to talk to each other about the show.

like darthYENIK already mentioned: it's more or less an unwritten rule that if you're not actively following a show or haven't seen a movie, you should avoid topics about those shows or movies.
don't blame us for your mistake.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:47 AM Edited by Iminicus, 20 November 2012 - 08:50 AM.

I watch the show Monday NZ time as soon as I can. I still don't expect to come in here and see f*cking spoilers. You aren't even giving people who watch via other means a chance to see it. I'm not asking for a week spoiler black out just at least a day or two after airing. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have this show air 9:30 pm NY time.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 08:00)
I'm not gonna lie, I experienced a genuinely disturbed feeling seeing him in that box. Testament to the actor. I liked that guy, and really wanted to see him take Margaret away.

I wanted to see him try. And I wanted to see that attempt end in Margarete's death devil.gif

EscoLehGo
  • EscoLehGo

Ya Dingus

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 04:58)
Gyp playing shovel golf with that guy's head was brutal, but it looked funny.

Ha! Shovel golf lol. It did look a bit comical at the end when the silhouette of the guys head looked like a deflated basketball more than a human skull, still pretty disturbing though. Does anyone have any takes on what Gyp meant when he told his right hand man "you owe me." after he pummeled his cousin to death? A friend of mine thinks he meant he owes him because he killed him, period, and he would just become a nuisance later or something. I think he thought caving the dudes head in was more merciful than letting the tide roll in and drown him in his own bizarre way of thinking.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

Van Alden was awesome this week. Those bastards that came to get him were lucky he didn't have a gun. They didn't even frisk him, did they?

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 01:47)
I'm not asking for a week spoiler black out just at least a day or two after airing. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have this show air 9:30 pm NY time.

well I'm sorry.
that's about all I can offer you.

at least now you know - in the future - don't check this thread until you've seen the latest episode.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 16:53)
I'm not asking for a week spoiler black out just at least a day or two after airing. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have this show air 9:30 pm NY time.

well I'm sorry.

at least now you know - in the future - don't check this thread until you've seen the latest episode.

No, how about you use f*cking spoiler tags.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Imi, he's got a point. Keep out of the thread if you're concerned about spoilers.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus)

sorry, no deal.
especially with that crappy attitude of yours. calm down and stop with the "f*cking" this and f*cking" that.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 02:02)
QUOTE (El_Diablo @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 16:53)

well I'm sorry.

It is a current weekly series, spoiler tags are not needed.
Like everyone else has said, do not come and look in the topic until you have watched it. Whining will not help.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:57 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 14 March 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

I thought "you owe me" was in regards to killing him then and there, instead of leaving him to drown. Maybe? Just another example of how twisted this guy is.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Spoilers were used in this topic to begin with as such, why stop now?

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday @ Sep 26 2010, 20:23)
The 2nd episode this evening was off the chain.

That f*cking goofball butler still cracks me up.

"Do you want me to wear a drivers cap? I'll have to borrow one."

And Capones scene were two favorites.

Totally f*cked how Nucky did that guy on his three thousand but I know it was to teach him a hard lesson.

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Monday @ Oct 18 2010, 14:30)
That was very sad. She was too cute sad.gif

QUOTE (Master Headhunter @ Monday @ Nov 22 2010, 22:38)
Agreed, but I stand by the notion that the Prohibition agent is one hell of a sketchy overtly religious motherf*cker.
Who now apparently has shown his 'admiration' to Margaret as well as being a real hypocrite with pounding the whiskey.

And it appears that Nucky and company are going to have quite the bloodbath on his hands when that fella gets back to Philly with the news that it was an ambush. Also it quite nice to see Chalky strangle the hell out of the guy for hanging his young friend.

If that is too far back how about more recent cases.

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Sunday @ Sep 16 2012, 18:58)
When that door opened, and Harrow was on the other side, I couldn't help but smile. Manny was awesome, but I couldn't forgive him for killing Jimmy's wife. That was just f'd up.

Gyp's gonna kill Nucky for pinching his cheek.

This whole topic is littered with people using spoilers. However, only El Diablo feels he is above that. This topic is about discussing the show and granted plot points will be discussed but it doesn't mean anyone has any right to ruin them for other people.

Hell, Waddy, have even used spoiler tags in this topic.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Wednesday, Nov 21 2012, 00:31)
only El Diablo feels he is above that.

you have to be careful when you use words like "only" or "all" because they're very... inclusive.
I'm not the "only" one who hasn't used spoiler tags. please don't make me sit here, go back page after page, and start listing every person that also failed to use spoiler tags. they are numerous.

apparently Waddy, Otter, and darthYENIK agree that you shouldn't be checking topics like this if you aren't up-to-date with the contents.
this is something that most people understand whether it's a topic about a movie, TV show, or video game. now let's just let it go and move on.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Please dont encourage him.

There are no need at all for spoilers here. Its a current show, for those (1) who dont like it, then please do not read it.

Back on topic please, anymore whining from those (1) I will be a little angry.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I've kind of stopped doing spoiler tags in these TV show topics, unless it's the general TV topic. The only time I do it is when something huge happens in a show like a major character dies or I am posting a prediction of how the story is going to turn out.

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 20:57)
QUOTE (EscoLehGo @ Tuesday, Nov 20 2012, 12:43)
Does anyone have any takes on what Gyp meant when he told his right hand man "you owe me." after he pummeled his cousin to death?

His right-hand guy, who I'm assuming will turn on Gyp now, was, if I understand correctly, in charge of the boats bringing in the liquor. 24 boxes were lost at sea. I think that was the figure. So he was saying that he owed him the booze. But losing his cousin seemed like payment enough. Guess not.
Gyp saying, "You owe me." was Gyp's way of hammering home the idea that killing someone means nothing to him, so don't f*ck up again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users