• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

I listen to what my friends listen too tounge.gif
They got me into the stuff I like now

bleedthysoul
  • bleedthysoul

Nope.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:15 PM Edited by bleedthysoul, 05 April 2010 - 03:22 PM.

Probably my friends don't like everything metal. 98% my friends can't find comfort in anything except mandarin bubblegum pop.

However, some friends of mine who know that I love metal would sometimes talk to me with awe, calling me a "rocker" (but they still never want to try metal). I am fine with that though I am not too proud, because these days Chinsese and Taiwanese singer/groups tend to self-proclaim as rockers, and most people there buy that. In fact, those "rockers" only make Tokyo Hotel sound like Morbid Angel. Kinda terrible.

Toke
  • Toke

Gonna cover you in sh*t like a ton of pigeons

• Angels of Death MC
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

Alot of my friends will limit themselves to a certain type of music. Some are clubbers and LOVE techno/trance yet hate hip hop while others love their hip hop but think techno is for losers.

I personally have found a love for anime music which even my die hard anime loving friends hate with a passion.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Harry Chapin. My ultimate favourite drinking music. Has to be live, though. That was his element.

(FU, Voodoo.)

General Goose
  • General Goose

Because Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

Neue Deutsche Harte, like Rammstein. I swear, I'm the only person in my school who listens to that genre (Aside from Du Hast and Amerika.)

NickRad
  • NickRad

I'm Boxxy you see

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

Paramore

Gundog
  • Gundog

EnTrance

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:04 AM Edited by Gundog, 09 April 2010 - 08:07 AM.

While I love rock, hard rock and heavy metal, my friends like that hardstyle techno stuff. So, every time I sit in someone's car, it's like torture. I do like trance, rave and techno, I don't like !!HARDKOAR!! techno. Pure rockers are scarce these days...

PS: They also listen to rap... but Souljah Boi, Lil Wayne, Ke$ha, and those autotuned fellers. I like rap, 80's and 90's rap that is, it's rap which tells us life can be harsh and cruel, not rap that brags about butts, boobs, bling and bitches.

Basically, while I'm into this

My friends are into this

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Gundog @ Apr 9 2010, 09:04)
While I love rock, hard rock and heavy metal, my friends like that hardstyle techno stuff. So, every time I sit in someone's car, it's like torture. I do like trance, rave and techno, I don't like !!HARDKOAR!! techno. Pure rockers are scarce these days...

Man, I feel for you

I like all sorts of genres:
Country
80/90s rap/hiphop
Rock/heavy metal (mostly from 80s and 90s)
80s pop (new wave and the like)
80s/90s underground dance

But most people I know only like:
Modern pop
Modern RnB/hiphop
Modern Hardcore techno

These types of music are awful and songs are repetitive of each other + boring.
People also condemn any music made before 2005 and label it as old trash.

Hmph.

JeanGrey
  • JeanGrey

Five cents please

• Members

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:02 AM

I enjoy music from all genres. I'll go through binges where I listen to only certain types. At the moment it's hip hop and indie. I'm just starting to get into hip hop though, so I'm trying to find stuff I like.

I can never find real life friends that like mc chris. It's completely understandable, he's a like it or hate it kind of musician, but it would be nice if I could listen to him around other people.

Twang of Calimari
  • Twang of Calimari

Dancing is Forbidden

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:54 AM

Lady Gaga. My ex-girlfriend hated her and made fun of me for liking her. I finally got sick of it and dumped her. Never looked back.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

Seconding Paramore and the Gaga.

My friends are kinda split down the middle in regards to musical taste: there's the mindless Top 40 RnB Nuts and the Purists. The T4RnBNs only like what's in the chart now, at college when some kids brought a set of speakers and played some song a friend loved last year he complained that "haven't they heard of the Top 40?". In short, these are the people who buy the NOW## CDs. I'm sure you're all acquainted with these people. Whereas the Purists like one, maybe two genres and are militant about it and everything else isn't real. Which is where complaints about Paramore come from, 'cos they aren't real rock.

I'm kind of stuck between, I don't tend to like the lowest-common-denominator pop but every now and then you get a gem (Gaga). I tend to lean towards more of the rock scene, but I like some really different stuff like DandB aswell. This generally means I don't really hear from the hardcore acts of any genre, hence the hate I get for Paramore.

Anyway:
Paramore: crushcrushcrush:

Lady Gaga: Teeth (This is seriously good pop music)

PS I also get hate for Random Hand, but I just remembered about them and can't be arsed to write an essay on ska:

Subie STi
  • Subie STi

GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Most of my friends are the kind of people who listen to Rap/Hip-Hop and think they're cool by doing so.

I, personally, like Country (please don't kill me) and Rock (Alternative Rock, such as Nickelback or Linkin' Park), and I really have no care for Rap/Hip-Hop (except, of couse, Eminem and Spose). When I tell my friends (and just people in general) that I don't like rap, they just give me a blank stare. I also don't care too much for Ke$ha or Lady Gaga and all that kind of music.

A couple of my personal favorites that my friends hate:
Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried
Brad Paisley - Welcome To The Future
The Script - Rusty Halo

Another genre I love but most of my friends dislike is Reggae/Rock, like Sublime, 311 & Slightly Stoopid.

Examples:

Sublime - Date Rape
Slightly Stoopid - Closer To The Sun
311 - Amber

(Sorry, my internet is running slow so I can't get the embed code for the videos)

GangstaMoney
  • GangstaMoney

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

@Person above: You're high or what? f*ck off. You're siding with Em because he is Caucasian, prick. f*ck off, seriously. NWA beats the sh*t outta Eminem.

Subie STi
  • Subie STi

GTA Modder

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (GangstaMoney @ Apr 21 2010, 19:16)
@Person above: You're high or what? f*ck off. You're siding with Em because he is Caucasian, prick. f*ck off, seriously. NWA beats the sh*t outta Eminem.

That was completely unnessecary...I like Eminem because he's humorous, not because he's black, white or otherwise. NWA (Niggaz With Attitudez) isn't my kind of music. I don't like rap. I don't like Hip-Hop. I like Eminem and Spose on the sole reason that they are humorous. Nothing more, nothing less.

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

im an all round person, i like everything, i really hate people that are so close minded and just like metal or hip-hop ect

im at home with fast paced heavier music, prog metal, avant-garde metal, mathcore.

okei
  • okei

Dressed to kill like I'm Gianni Versace

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (DEP @ Apr 21 2010, 21:07)
im an all round person, i like everything, i really hate people that are so close minded and just like metal or hip-hop ect

im at home with fast paced heavier music, prog metal, avant-garde metal, mathcore.

like emos? they're damn close minded "SORRY BUT ALL MUSIC IS sh*t APART FROM THIS, THIS AND THIS BAND RAAAAWR"

DEP
  • DEP

The Perfect Design

• Members

Posted 21 April 2010 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (okei @ Apr 21 2010, 21:14)
QUOTE (DEP @ Apr 21 2010, 21:07)

like emos? they're damn close minded "SORRY BUT ALL MUSIC IS sh*t APART FROM THIS, THIS AND THIS BAND RAAAAWR"

yeh man exactly.... boners

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

@Gundog: I'm a huge Black Sabbath fan as well, also love Slayer and my friends say that if they would listen to Slayer they would get insane and that it's totally crazy music.

I'm not only into Metal, i do like Reggae and Ska too, which none of my my friends listens too. They listen to Techno, House and Hip-Hop, i really can't stand it. I even hate the radio, it's just too mainstream for me.

I have to say i liked Slipknot, you can tell from my username, BUT now i actually hate them. They are just such a sh*tty and garbage band, to bad i didn't realized it earlier.

To people who listens to Linkin Park and say it's heavy music i just can have a good laugh. Compared to Slayer they are lame.

That's just my opinion though...

@DEP: I can't understand people who listens too every music-genres...

Claude Speed.
  • Claude Speed.

I'm still around...

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Apr 23 2010, 14:08)
@DEP: I can't understand people who listens too every music-genres...

It is impossible to like every genre, I think. I too hate people that stick to one genre; there are lots of good music genres. I also hate people who stick to one artist or several of the same genre and when you show them a song from a less known artist of the same genre they call it crap.
What I hate the most is when people dislike a song because it's lacking lyrics; those are generally people that listen to music with sh*t lyrics, ironically.

radltzx
  • radltzx

Oh wait

• Members

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Some of my friends say it's satan music lol, it's really not that heavy, in fact it's not heavy at all compared to some of Limewax or Counter Strike tunes. rolleyes.gif

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:09 PM

Well...

There really arent that many songs or genres I dont like, in fact, I cant really think of any genres I hate... except for whatever that bland Eurovision dribble is called... if you let your friends dictate what you listen to then I feel sorry for you for missing out on all these great sounds.

I try to listen to as many different things as I can and be open-minded (though my current playlist is about 60-70 percent of metal in one form or another). My playlist does range from Bob Marley to The Streets to Tool to Kosheen and even to some nice christmas jingles. I enjoy em all during different moments.

Anyway, f*ck friends! Right?

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

Most of my friends hate the fact that I like Rick Astley and Neil Diamond. I don't see why though, both are great singers.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

When I was in high-school, and when I played Madvillian around my friends they thought of it as 'gay', 'whack while these motherf*ckers was jumpin' around dancin' to stupid sh*t like soulja boy or young jocc. And when I started bumpin' Immortal Technique, some people just didn't understand what he was rapping about, quite sad.

Suihkubad
  • Suihkubad

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:34 PM

Everyone is listening to T-Pain, Kanye, Akon etc. I hate autotune and everyone hates G-Funk

spdrlfc
  • spdrlfc

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:54 PM

my music ranges from the likes of kanye (not 808 and heartbreak) and jay z to fallout boy etc but my friends really stick to this sh*tty tinchy stryder chipmunk sh*t, ew

GTABlackKnight
  • GTABlackKnight

Respect the Old-School

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:07 AM

i like old school funk and my friends didn't.

Conbolical
  • Conbolical

Dyers Eve

• Members

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:56 AM

Most of my friends like just plain rock, as do i but i really try to tell them to listen to Metal

Huricannez
  • Huricannez

Cannez in a Huri

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:53 PM

My friends hate classic rock. And I love.

Only about 2 of them understand and like it.

kRoF
  • kRoF

Rat

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

i love punk and nu metal, however all but 1 of my friends listen to something completely different and say that what i like is sh*t... obvioulsy they have no taste in music i mean what kind of boy listens to Katy Perry :S

TheEazyDuzIt95
  • TheEazyDuzIt95

I sit back and tell my bus driver where to go

• Members

Posted 25 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

I love Old School/Golden Age hip hop or any creative, good hip hop in general, I also like a little hard rock, Mexican corridos (ballads) and reggae on the side. The only genre I hate to death is techno besides some Daft Punk. I don't get how people can like such the uninspired, computerized sh*t fest that it is.

One of my best friends is a guy who's IPod is filled with Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga, which I resent, but am willing to look past. The rest pretty much like that newer mainstream hip hop crap, but some listen to metal and other hard rock kind of stuff.

Usually when I play my music, my friends like it and ask me what artist they are. When I tell them, they say sh*t like "Black Moon who?" or "Gang Starr who?", which is sad. Younger kids nowadays need to revisit their favorite genres when the genres were at their artistic best, and come to terms with the fact record companies effectively ruin any remotely appealing art form they get their greedy, money loving hands on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users