Photo

...::[The Footy Desk]::...

25,801 replies to this topic
TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (GTAdedan @ Tuesday, Nov 15 2011, 21:51)
As I predicted, Germany wins tounge.gif Holland just lacked quality in their attack and was very sloppy. Nontheless, Germany played great and really took advantage of the chances they got.

Germany was just nasty! All three goals were classy and a joy to watch. They're going to win the Euros.

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Wednesday, Nov 16 2011, 17:01)
QUOTE (GTAdedan @ Tuesday, Nov 15 2011, 21:51)
As I predicted, Germany wins tounge.gif Holland just lacked quality in their attack and was very sloppy. Nontheless, Germany played great and really took advantage of the chances they got.

Germany was just nasty! All three goals were classy and a joy to watch. They're going to win the Euros.

I think you're forgetting something. ENGLAND BEAT SPAIN! Spain were (I stress, WERE) number one in the world, but England beat them = England are now the best team in the world = we will win the euros.

football's coming home, it's coming home it's coming home it's coming! Football's coming home...

Yh but in all seriousness I think England will probably just go out in the quarter finals as always. But it's ok because this time we have some young talent to dissapoint us so we'll just encourage them, instead of abusing them like our older players.

JoeyLeone25
  • JoeyLeone25

AMF Elder

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

So, err, if you thought Sepp Blatter couldn't be any more of a moronic, degenerative, prehistoric piece of crap, he came out yesterday and said that there isn't a problem with racism in football (obvious irony is that it is at the height of the Ferdinand/Terry and Evra/Suarez controversies) and that it is just a game and that at the end of the day, all the players should just shake hands and walk off the pitch, even if your opponent has been shouting derogatory comments in your ear for ninety minutes...Seriously, when will FIFA pluck up the courage to rid World Football of this idiotic human being?

LanceVanceDance07
  • LanceVanceDance07

Endless...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:08 AM Edited by LanceVanceDance07, 18 November 2011 - 03:10 AM.

The thing is, Sepp Blatter won't be leaving anytime soon, and no one will have the courage to remove him from his job as president of FIFA, because the vast majority of FAs around the world voted for this man. The only way I can see his removal even remotly happen is there was a full blown crisis at FIFA and the speculation of corruption is proven to be true. Blatter even tried to clarify his comments in a FIFA article where there is a picture of him hugging a black man. I'm not making this up...

To be honest, I'm not surprised he made those comments. He is an archaic individual, and the sooner he is out of a position of power, the better it is for the game of football.

Der_Don
  • Der_Don

#FreeShinji

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

Finally the International break is over. Can't wait for our game against Bayern tomorrow night. It's gonna be legen... wait for it...

... dary!

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

The sad thing is that in any other organisation, Blatter would be gone by now, but he's not going to leave. He doesn't answer to anyone, so who is going to get rid of him?

The comments are shocking in every way to be honest. He denies that racism is in football, but then says that it can be sorted by a handshake. Isn't that rather contradictory within itself?

Anyway, he isn't fit to judge the situation. He has never been on the receiving end of racist abuse; therefore he doesn't know what it feels like to be racially abused.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

Atleast FIFA do something right, I just found this on their website...

http://www.fifa.com/...ward/index.html

Here's the top 10 goals for the FIFA Puskas Award. They're all amazing other than the one womens goal which is pretty standard.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

I think we are going to have a hard game at Swansea today. They played quite well at Anfleld and they are home against United so I think they will go for it. I can see it being tough.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Saturday, Nov 19 2011, 12:12)
I think we are going to have a hard game at Swansea today. They played quite well at Anfleld and they are home against United so I think they will go for it. I can see it being tough.

The longer it stays 0-0 the more belief they will have, we missed a few golden chances in the first half and paid for it. They come out in the second half against us and really went for it and had us pinned back at times and then missed a golden chance of their own.

Saying that, i can see something like 4-0 to United.

Van Persie scores again, he is just a god.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

heart in mouth all the way through- so many missed oppurtunities, just a worry only robin can score them, also grant holt is a diving bastard angry.gif

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:00 PM

Gotze just smashed Bayern Munchen down... interesting icon14.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

Balotelli...that goal celebration. lol.gif

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

I assume that users aren't allowed to advertise their own new football forums here, are they?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 06:26)
I assume that users aren't allowed to advertise their own new football forums here, are they?

Nope, not in posts. You can put it in your signature if you want.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Saturday, Nov 19 2011, 20:25)
Balotelli...that goal celebration. lol.gif

He is a weird lad lol.gif

Shame Newcastle lost. This is the point in the season where they drop down the table. Got a few hard games coming up.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

user posted image

biggrin.gif

Nice of Adam to dedicate the win to Brad Jones. Class smile.gif

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

HELL YEAH! 2-1!

Those losers Chelsea deserve it that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Barcelona 4 - 0 Real Zaragoza

LanceVanceDance07
  • LanceVanceDance07

Endless...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 15:31)

You know, you can post more than the scoreline of a match. What did you think of the match?

Watched the Chelsea/Liverpool match. Glen Johnson (of all people) got the winner for Liverpool. Chelsea's defence was shambolic in large parts of the match. Dare I say, Chelsea is in crisis mode? Maybe a bit early to say that, but AVB better sort his sh*t out or he will feel the strong arm of Roman Abramovich like many Chelsea managers before him.

Also, for the North American footy fans, tonight is the MLS Cup Final. Beckham, Keane, and the rest of the LA Galaxy play the Houston Dynamo for the prize. Should be a good one, but I think LA is going to win.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (LanceVanceDance07 @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 01:11)
Dare I say, Chelsea is in crisis mode? Maybe a bit early to say that, but AVB better sort his sh*t out or he will feel the strong arm of Roman Abramovich like many Chelsea managers before him.

I can't help but blame AVB for this current situation. I really don't know what to say of his decision to start with John Obi f*cking Mikel. I've probably said this a hundred times and I'll say it again; Mikel is a strictly average player and he sure as hell does not deserve a start.

I doubt we're ever going to catch up with the toppers now. I'd be happy with a place in the CL next year.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (LanceVanceDance07 @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 13:41)
Also, for the North American footy fans, tonight is the MLS Cup Final. Beckham, Keane, and the rest of the LA Galaxy play the Houston Dynamo for the prize. Should be a good one, but I think LA is going to win.

Mother of god, it would be a crime if we didn't. We've gotten the most points in the league the past two seasons but it meant f*ck all because we keep bottling the final. Can't we just have the winners be the ones with most points, like sane people do? sad.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (LanceVanceDance07 @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 19:41)
QUOTE (vertical limit @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 15:31)

You know, you can post more than the scoreline of a match. What did you think of the match?

Sorry will do next time.

The first goal was awesome, the free kick and the header by Pique. That was off the hook.

The pass that was given to Messi past the players was quite awesome as well.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

Was a boring route. Zaragoza are incapable of putting up a fight against Barcelona.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Stamford Bridge becoming as easy 3 points for Liverpool over the past few seasons biggrin.gif.

Of all the talk about Torres and Meireles it was a ex blue to do the scoring. How much you gonna bid for Maxi in January?

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:24 AM

Peter Cech seems to be letting in a lot of soft goals during this season.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:19 AM

Shocking decision. Used to love Osvaldo on my old poor man's Spain team on Fifa 11 Ultimate Team. Goal machine up front with Llorente and Soldado biggrin.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

Cracking goal that and shocking decision indeed, the linesman has got a clear view down the line and there's a massive margin for error.

Lol'd at the commentator talking for about 5 mins about it being a goal.

LanceVanceDance07
  • LanceVanceDance07

Endless...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 16:59)
Can't we just have the winners be the ones with most points, like sane people do? sad.gif

Wait. You mean...like a single league table?!? Like all the other European leagues?!? That is unheard of in this North American sports culture sir. tounge.gif

But seriously, I agree with you, considering the North American sports culture is obsessed with their "playoffs".

And LA won the match 1-0 yesterday, wasn't a good match to be honest. I was watching the ESPN broadcast and the amount of loving of David Beckham by the ESPN analysts and commentators (especially John Harkes, the worst colour commentator ever) was absurd. I can't wait for him to leave...

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 22:44)
Stamford Bridge becoming as easy 3 points for Liverpool over the past few seasons biggrin.gif.

Of all the talk about Torres and Meireles it was a ex blue to do the scoring. How much you gonna bid for Maxi in January?

Don't forget Benayoun yawn.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 18:04)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 22:44)

Don't forget Benayoun yawn.gif

Yossi is on loan at Arsenal.

Also Steve Kean has signed a new deal at Blackburn and also had a clause to make him harder to sack apparently, don't know what those Indian's are doing haha.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users