» «
Photo

"Official" Unofficial Bulletproof & Special Vehicles Guide

583 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:35 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 10 October 2012 - 03:38 AM.

Oh as for other special proofed vehicles like the Hydra and the Rustler, what about all aircraft that arent proofed in later missions that you can only get explosion proofed by getting them early in the game? I feel they need some kind of mention because if you dont use Grey Imports to explosion proof them ( which imo is actually a pretty useful proof for aircraft so you dont have to worry about missles) then you cant get them proofed ever.

I have a video on how to get the Raindance early somewhere (pretty lame vehicle but its difficulty makes it a fun challenge anyway), you can get both police and news choppers by airjacking, the seasparrow and the crop duster are pretty easy to get so I probably wont bother with them.

Im wondering though, will the cargobob and the Leviathan spawn properly in the SF or LV impound so you can tow them out? I recall they get stuck in the ground in the LS impound but I haven't tried the SF impound. Also wondering if there is some way to store the Beagle, at least you can get it explosion proof for a little while but it sucks that you cant store it. Unless you somehow kept it around all the way till LV is open... is that even possible, or will some missions clear the entire map of vehicles making it impossible to get out of the impounds?

Im pretty sure that covers all vehicles, I mean I guess you could do the Shamal and the Dodo as well and store them somewhere, will the Shamal fit in the LS impound? Finally im also guessing that the Nevada or whatever won't fit in an impound, or might it fit in SF impound?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

If I remember correctly i once got first to the vehicle before the vago guy and exploded it and it caught a second car i don't know if this helps in something, but i guess it doesn't hurt to be mentioned. Although I could be wrong about this as i don't play this mission for a while now.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Does the ambulance from ''Intensive care'' have PP tires?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Yes, along with many other vehicles, but unfortunately there is no way(yet...) to save PP vehicle in SA.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 03:35)
Oh as for other special proofed vehicles like the Hydra and the Rustler, what about all aircraft that arent proofed in later missions that you can only get explosion proofed by getting them early in the game? I feel they need some kind of mention because if you dont use Grey Imports to explosion proof them ( which imo is actually a pretty useful proof for aircraft so you dont have to worry about missles) then you cant get them proofed ever.

I have a video on how to get the Raindance early somewhere (pretty lame vehicle but its difficulty makes it a fun challenge anyway), you can get both police and news choppers by airjacking, the seasparrow and the crop duster are pretty easy to get so I probably wont bother with them.

Im wondering though, will the cargobob and the Leviathan spawn properly in the SF or LV impound so you can tow them out? I recall they get stuck in the ground in the LS impound but I haven't tried the SF impound. Also wondering if there is some way to store the Beagle, at least you can get it explosion proof for a little while but it sucks that you cant store it. Unless you somehow kept it around all the way till LV is open... is that even possible, or will some missions clear the entire map of vehicles making it impossible to get out of the impounds?

Im pretty sure that covers all vehicles, I mean I guess you could do the Shamal and the Dodo as well and store them somewhere, will the Shamal fit in the LS impound? Finally im also guessing that the Nevada or whatever won't fit in an impound, or might it fit in SF impound?

For me, aircraft is the most interesting type of proofed vehicles in GTA, so i'm really interested in these too, but i never tried to proof helicopters in early stages, i don't have space for them, how would you store these vehicles, if we cound in Impounds (altough i store vehicles there too)? And by the way, I know that aircraft is unlikely to disappear in Impounds, but is it even possible for them do disappear?

Are you on PS2 or PC? On my PS2 i never jacked News Chopper, it always hovered higher than police maverick, i could get that one every single time, but never news chopper confused.gif

Cargobob and Leviathan, I'm not sure if the would even fit in garages, and I don't think you could steal any of them. Leviathan spawns after Up,Up, and away! but Cargobob isn't used in any mission so i don't know what could trigger the spawn point, it probably is there from the beginning, but it would be pain in the ass to obtain.

The only mission i know of that clears the entire map (before LV) is Triathlon, which can be avoided for the time we reach LV, but there can be many more, but if we save/load the game before we go to mission, nothing should be stored in Impounds.

Nevada, impossible i guess. Oh and about that you can't proof them after Grey Imports, for now it's impossible, but i remember somewhere here around the forum was a thread about getting any vehicle FI, but i can't find it anymore, maybe it was deleted sad.gif

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

The Cargobob is available from the beginning (Area 69), it doesn't store properly in the LS impound.
The Leviathan is also available (w/o magnet) from the beginning (LV airport), AFAIR it doesn't store properly in th LS impound.

Shamal and Beagle does store properly in the SF impound, but I doubt anyone will ever get them out of there in one piece. Beware that the Beagle is much larger than it appears.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Im on PS2 and I actually just recently made a video showing how to get the news chopper, but I got lucky in it. Basically just hijack the police chopper first, put it down somewhere (far away on the ship so it cant shoot you and watch out for swat) and the news chopper should fall down to you now, its harder to control where it lands though.

Yeah I have tried both those choppers in LS before and failed but never tried in SF, so I would store them there. I never knew you could actually get the Beagle into the SF impound and store it.

So far here is what I think we can store.

Mulholland: EP Seasparrow

El Corona: EP Cropduster

Santa Marina: EP News Chopper (It fits easily)

LS Impound: EP Police Chopper, EP Raindance, Possibly EP Dodo if you want, or chuck News chopper to make room for other cars.

Doherty Garage: EP Rustler

SF Impound: EP Cargobob ( fun challenge) and EP Hydra (if we can get it to work without vanishing, otherwise Leviathan)

LV Impound ?

As for Beagle, I meant never loading or anything and just keep the Beagle sitting around on the map and playing the game straight to LV somehow without it despawning due to impound triggers. You would have to constantly re enter it every time you enter a mission vehicle otherwise it would vanish, and you would have to do a lot of running. I personally would never do this lol, but I just wonder if its possible.

For a challenge you could also get rare boats proofed early.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Lowrider Game: Player's car; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (lowriders only?)
Girlfriend Sex: Player's Car; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

These two missions offer the promise of making the player's vehicle fully immune, but so far no one has figured out how to do it.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:13 PM Edited by 0909090, 10 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 19:09)
For a challenge you could also get rare boats proofed early.

How can I proof boats? wow.gif I believe you can't enter that marker in Gray Imports with boat. BTW I recently played mission "Reuniting the Families" and at stage when you get out of motel with Sweet there is a police chopper. I tried minigun just for fun, but it seems that heli is proofed, minigun can only "lure" it down, but I didn't managed to enter it confused.gif .
BTW __mako if you have problems with getting news chopper here is vid:http://www.youtube.c...=5&feature=plcp I found that while ago, it's basically using undrowning glitch, hope this helps.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Proofing a boat during Grey Imports is an interesting challenge. With a lucky bump or slide it might be possible to get EP/FP applied to a boat, or at least EP from later in the mission. But I'd be surprised if a boat could survive sliding across the ground from the water to the mission and back, and then into a garage.

We put a fully immune Squalo in the dock garage at Toreno's Ranch in the custom Chain Game saves. This vehicle was originally intended to be used for a long series of boat jumps - most have since been removed to increase stability. Unfortunately, the fully immune boats still take damage when sliding across the ground or ramps, so this special vehicle didn't survive much longer than any other boat.

But then again, maybe we can get the mission to impound the boat after it's EP/FP. Or perhaps push the boat, and if necessary the wreck, to the El Corona garage, or even the Idlewood Broadway for impounding.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

Yeah I was considering using the Broadway like 2 years ago for impounding rare boats early, but I think I prefer having the choppers in the impound, easier to get them out.

Heres my vid of the news chopper

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher)
Heres my vid of the news chopper

I tried this method, altough not from that platform, but when there was a hill near sea level and i ran up the hill and tried to jack the News Chopper, the deal for me is that it's always Police Maverick that does this and therefore I can steal it. News Chopper is always higher...

QUOTE (Jack Reacher)
Im on PS2 and I actually just recently made a video showing how to get the news chopper, but I got lucky in it. Basically just hijack the police chopper first, put it down somewhere (far away on the ship so it cant shoot you and watch out for swat) and the news chopper should fall down to you now, its harder to control where it lands though.

QUOTE (0909090)
BTW __mako if you have problems with getting news chopper here is vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cijwVQf_ZGc...=5&feature=plcp I found that while ago, it's basically using undrowning glitch, hope this helps.

However these two methods are new to me, i hope they'll work, thanks.
BTW, what about Skimmer? And Sparrow?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (__mako @ Thursday, Oct 11 2012, 16:12)
BTW, what about Skimmer? And Sparrow?

Skimmer is located near Sherman Dam available from beginning, Sparrow is not available at the beginning as far as I know, however I might be wrong about that one.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

There are 3 Skimmers near the Sherman Dam and another near the Bayside Marina. Check out the SAM Java Map Check the vehicle box and set the filter for "Skimmer".

The Skimmer below the dam and near the Sea Sparrow, and the Skimmer in the far north of the upper dam at the dock near that unique jump into the water, are both enabled by earning a pilot's license during flight school. The other Skimmer above and near the dam, and the Skimmer in Bayside, are both streaming vehicles and should always be available if you can get them to spawn.

There are no Sparrows available in a normal game until the one in SF is displayed when CJ is awarded a pilot's license by the flight school. And then another is unlocked at Madd Dogg's by A Home in the Hills. Hm... SAM doesn't appear to have it's sparrows labeled correctly. The two in the desert are Sea Sparrows, and are always available (streaming). The Sea Sparrow in Bayside is unlocked by the flight school license (you don't actually need to finish with bronze) and then consistently blocks the streaming Maverick on the helipad.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

If you have difficulties jacking a News Chopper out of the air, then you can easily get one by recovering one drowned in the water near an undrowning zone. That method is fairly easy with the News Chopper, it's a bit more difficult with the PolMav as they are more cautious about altitude.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Just noticed in my vid that I didnt show my attempt at jacking the police chopper. Notice how its door is open? I remember someone here saying this makes the police chopper stay in position, funny coincidence that we both found it so close but I never even realised the find until I watched the video again after he said it and noticed the chopper wasnt moving, so maybe thats why I had more ease with the news chopper.

I dont know how big the skimmer is but I guess it could fit in the LS impound by using the broadway or you could push it into SF impound, not really that interested in it and I will probably want other rare cars such as proofed GF vehicles, Hotknife, Pheonix, Tourismo and Bullet.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:55 AM Edited by roggan, 14 October 2012 - 06:13 AM.

Getting a EP/FP boat is possible. I did it some time ago; very pity i did not make a video of it, some screenshots only though. My original post on GTA.ru is here: gta.ru/forums/gta_san_andreas/695422/#1998474 from 24.08.11 20:55
Here is some translate for you guys

1. Make sure that you've beat every storyline mission except for Gray Imports;
2. Find an attractive boat that you want to store;
3. Drive it there:
user posted image
4. Leave it here and get on foot to the Gray Imports mission start's marker. Then do the same run back and get the boat;
5. Drive the boat to the southeast and push it out to the beach here:
user posted image
6. Push the boat to the marker. Here comes the hardest part: you have to sit into the boat while it's in the marker, thus getting EP/FP, but not taking the marker by CJ. You either leave your boat next to the marker, making CJ getting into the marker while sitting into the boat or make some shooting from the boat, hoping that some stupid drivers will push the boat to the marker (actually I've had a success with that).
7. After making your boat EP/FP pass the mission to the end in traditional way, killing russian criminal after he gets in his car. Then push the boat back to water and drive it to the gutters:
user posted image
8. Leave it here just like that Bravura on the screen and run on foot to the Grove Street to start the Reuniting of the Families.
9. Right away after the cutscene run back, get the boat, drive it to the east beach and push it out here:
user posted image
10. Push it along the ground again, this time to the 'Cluckin Bell':
user posted image
11. Take a control of the boat for once to refresh it's 'player car' status and run to the Grove Street. Take your friends car and drive to the meeting (you can refresh the status of the boat again). Right away after the cutscene and starting of the shooting run back to the Cluckin Bell, your boat will be there. Now push it back to water at any place and drive it to San Fierro:
user posted image
12. Push it out to the ground here and push it to the police impound. After getting to the garage's door leave it in some distance from the door and steal a police car to open the door from within. Then push the boat to the impound, that's how it looks now:
user posted image
13. Now get back to Los Santos by any way (do not forget to chase the boat with your camera!), pass the mission to the end and have fun with your great unique boat.

If you like hardcore gaming you may try to save it with police on your ass, making it different starting from the '7' point, but it works only for a fast sports boat. If you get some high speed and right angle you will be able to jump above the barrier right here:
user posted image
It's rather tricky and you will have to push it with cops attention, though the police impound will be right in front of you. There are no some sloping descents to water nearby, and taking it from a long distance with cops is not the best choice.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Nice discovery, I want to attempt this soon, but I think it's nearly impossible that agressive drivers will push boat, and also I want to know where did you save your boat and what boat did you save. When I was thinking about obtaining EP/FP boat, only thing that I thought should work is raising water level a bit with some tools/trainers, but I never tried that.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

My boat has been saved in SF impound, but it's no more my actual save. As for agressive drivers - as I mentioned, it worked for me. My boat was Squalo.
You also should turn the frame limit off - that helps alot while pushing. Cannot say anything about boat's exploding from the damage, because I had not any troubles with that.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

This thread was started a very very long time ago and once again System Error has disappeared and does not answer emails or PMs. So, a decision is going to have to be made as to MAKING an "unofficial" update as opposed to just sitting on our duffs while we wait for nothing to happen. An update could be made outright, possibly pissing someone off. Or, in a format similar to a PPF or similar file. Here's how a PPF works - you download the original guide, you download the update.ppf, the ppf program patches the original file with the updates and changes and you end up with a new version. I prefer that if he does not have time to update it, that he gives his blessing and all is good.

Also,
I was doing some editing to my personal copy of SystemError's guide and noticed his section on testing your vehicles. We have already established that Damageproof vehicles cannot be damaged by Rhinos, which the guide incorrectly says to avoid. I just read the comments about checking your garages and verifying your vehicle is Damageproof. What he describes is basically testing if the vehicle is Meleeproof, NOT Damageproof. We have Meleeproof, Crashproof and then Damageproof encompasses both Melee and Crash. The damned Rumpo from Outrider and the Patriot from Big Smoke's Cash make us have to reevaluate how we describe vehicles, which is fine.

DpwnShift
  • DpwnShift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:26 PM Edited by DpwnShift, 22 October 2012 - 05:32 PM.

Thanks for continuing to update the first post, Krawk! Even 2+ years after this topic was started, I find this useful and I'm sure others do as well. I agree that it would be best if the updated info could be integrated into System Error's guide for ease of following and order of cars, etc. I hope someone hears from him and that he is cool with updating the guide without his participation (assuming he is no longer interested).

As I side note, I notice he mentions the use of his guide: "If you wish to use my guide, just e-mail me about it and I will probably let you." Also, he lists copyright 2005-2010, but nothing about prohibited use. If people have in good faith tried contacting him various ways without success, I think the original guide should have the updated sections added with an additional email / private message sent to SE, informing him of this intent and to post something or contact someone if this is not acceptable. This way, until we have approval, each added section could be prefaced with something that shows this was NOT a part of the original guide, so no one could be accused of amending his words, etc without sanction.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

I don't know if some one knows about this,those banshees and the infernus from the driving schools in the lessons ''the 90' '' and ''alley oop'' and some of boats school,some of them are unique.Can they be obtain on normal or use trainers?
And the AT-400 from Junk Air that takes your from city to city does it have any properties?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

***New Discovery*** in the mission The Black Project - Get rid of the Jetpack and enter vehicles in one single parking lot! Fly your jetpack towards The Truth in the proper direction, depending on which Mothership you want (roof-open or roof closed versions.) Once your prize spawns, fly directly Northeast to the desert town of Las Payasadas. Land on the South end of town, there is a Chili Dog vendor in a van and two vending machines there. Walk up to the vending machine and try to buy something. The game will prompt you to buy a snack or soda but will not let you, or will it, hmmmm (?). Next, walk over to the Chili Dog van and jack it. Done - bada bing, drive to Area 69 as normal to get your Rhino and acquire your prize as normal. No flying to a crane and then running to a vending or slot machine, using up 10 minutes or more.

I have noticed during this experiment also that if I fly a straight line to where The Truth is waiting a roof-open version spawns but if I angle just ever so slightly and fly almost due west then when just South of the target, I fly North, the roof-closed version spawns. For the longest time I would fly at en extreme distance just to make sure I made the right approach.

DpwnShift
  • DpwnShift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

Good timing for me, as I'm right before that mission on my 100% / special vehicle collection replay! You might consider editing your page 1 post for others too; I use that in tandem with System Error's walkthrough.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I have decided to work on the update - was really hoping for his blessing. No idea if gamefaqs will publish it, would like to get full exposure. No promise on an exact release date, hoping by the end of the year.

Was contemplating on name it 6.0 due to the fact it will be taken over. Would have considered 5.5 because of the additions of the Impound lot and Jealous Girlfriends.

P.S. Dpwnshift - I have updated page one regularly.

DpwnShift
  • DpwnShift

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:13 PM Edited by DpwnShift, 16 November 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Krawk, of course I understand that you have frequently updated page 1; read my post recognizing its value! I was referring only to your recent info on "Black Project":
***New Discovery*** in the mission The Black Project - Get rid of the Jetpack and enter vehicles in one single parking lot! Fly your jetpack towards The Truth in the proper direction, depending on which Mothership you want (roof-open or roof closed versions.) Once your prize spawns, fly directly Northeast to the desert town of Las Payasadas. Land on the South end of town, there is a Chili Dog vendor in a van and two vending machines there. Walk up to the vending machine and try to buy something. The game will prompt you to buy a snack or soda but will not let you, or will it, hmmmm (?). Next, walk over to the Chili Dog van and jack it. Done - bada bing, drive to Area 69 as normal to get your Rhino and acquire your prize as normal. No flying to a crane and then running to a vending or slot machine, using up 10 minutes or more.

I have noticed during this experiment also that if I fly a straight line to where The Truth is waiting a roof-open version spawns but if I angle just ever so slightly and fly almost due west then when just South of the target, I fly North, the roof-closed version spawns. For the longest time I would fly at en extreme distance just to make sure I made the right approach.

All good stuff, and if you think others will also find it useful you might add it to page 1 next to the info about obtaining the Mothership.

Anyway, I think it's awesome that you are updating the faq and trying to publish it; let me know if you want help with anything.

Cheers!

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 02:07)
This thread was started a very very long time ago and once again System Error has disappeared and does not answer emails or PMs. So, a decision is going to have to be made as to MAKING an "unofficial" update as opposed to just sitting on our duffs while we wait for nothing to happen. An update could be made outright, possibly pissing someone off. Or, in a format similar to a PPF or similar file. Here's how a PPF works - you download the original guide, you download the update.ppf, the ppf program patches the original file with the updates and changes and you end up with a new version. I prefer that if he does not have time to update it, that he gives his blessing and all is good.

Also,
I was doing some editing to my personal copy of SystemError's guide and noticed his section on testing your vehicles. We have already established that Damageproof vehicles cannot be damaged by Rhinos, which the guide incorrectly says to avoid. I just read the comments about checking your garages and verifying your vehicle is Damageproof. What he describes is basically testing if the vehicle is Meleeproof, NOT Damageproof. We have Meleeproof, Crashproof and then Damageproof encompasses both Melee and Crash. The damned Rumpo from Outrider and the Patriot from Big Smoke's Cash make us have to reevaluate how we describe vehicles, which is fine.

It's a good discovery and thanks for it. But, I like to give some corrections to System Error's guide. It said during this mission, Wanted level is frozen and no vehicles/pedestrians appears. But, this is wrong. There are definitely few vehicles on the road plus pedestrians althogh the number is very less than normal. There were some Taxi's, Road Trains and Police Rangers plus few pedestrians. Also, wanted level is not frozen either. I thought the same and destroyed a police ranger by gussing there is no wanted level. But, I got one wanted star and a police biker was chasing me and he did shoot and followed me until the wanted star disappears like in normal way. So, this is not a frozen wanted level mission or ignored by police mission. But, this is definitely a Trespassing Allowed mission as we can steal a Rhino without getting automatic 5 star wanted level.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:11 PM Edited by Krawk, 17 November 2012 - 08:16 PM.

QUOTE (Sucha84 @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 01:40)
It's a good discovery and thanks for it. But, I like to give some corrections to System Error's guide. It said during this mission, Wanted level is frozen and no vehicles/pedestrians appears. But, this is wrong. There are definitely few vehicles on the road plus pedestrians althogh the number is very less than normal. There were some Taxi's, Road Trains and Police Rangers plus few pedestrians. Also, wanted level is not frozen either. I thought the same and destroyed a police ranger by gussing there is no wanted level. But, I got one wanted star and a police biker was chasing me and he did shoot and followed me until the wanted star disappears like in normal way. So, this is not a frozen wanted level mission or ignored by police mission. But, this is definitely a Trespassing Allowed mission as we can steal a Rhino without getting automatic 5 star wanted level.

Sucha thanks for the reminder. I too noticed a wanted level when shooting at a cop car. still, knowing now that you can go straight to the snack machine and jack the hot dog van in one swoop is very nice. It saved a ton of time. I am going to retry the mission Cutthroat Business to get the Newsvan easier too. I will use SACC to cheat for testing purposes, but my idea will be to used the proofed Packer to haul the van away, then destroy the van, then detonate the satchels. Shooting the van to a garage is very much a pain. As you know, if you put a vehicle on the Packer, it does not stay. If you put a vehicle on the lower section you need to sandwich it in. If you sandwich in a vehicle it usually destroys the vehicle in tow, then the packer itself. I'm sure the van will not blow up but I think we need a proofed Packer to do the job, if it can be done.

Such do you have PS2, Xbox or PC? I might need some things verified with PS2 and XBOX people.

I know if Pomor is still active he can help with some of the PS2 questions I may have. The guide seems to suggest that garages in general are not at all reliable. Would the PS2 version be so different?

One other thing that bothers me is the comment that on the XBOX the cars do not have the same proofings as suggested in the guide. I think this is crap as the PC and XBOX are virtually identical versions and I can verify the proofings are correct on the PC.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 21:11)
I am going to retry the mission Cutthroat Business to get the Newsvan easier too. I will use SACC to cheat for testing purposes, but my idea will be to used the proofed Packer to haul the van away, then destroy the van, then detonate the satchels. Shooting the van to a garage is very much a pain.

Kwark, Newsvan in Cutthroat Buisness is glued to the ground, there is no way to move it other then shooting at it, and even that only after you fail the mission.

QUOTE (Krawk @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 21:11)
I know if Pomor is still active he can help with some of the PS2 questions I may have. The guide seems to suggest that garages in general are not at all reliable. Would the PS2 version be so different?

I am sort of half-active now, but I don't have PS2, never had, I play on PC.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Saturday, Nov 17 2012, 20:11)
Sucha thanks for the reminder. I too noticed a wanted level when shooting at a cop car. still, knowing now that you can go straight to the snack machine and jack the hot dog van in one swoop is very nice. It saved a ton of time. I am going to retry the mission Cutthroat Business to get the Newsvan easier too. I will use SACC to cheat for testing purposes, but my idea will be to used the proofed Packer to haul the van away, then destroy the van, then detonate the satchels. Shooting the van to a garage is very much a pain. As you know, if you put a vehicle on the Packer, it does not stay. If you put a vehicle on the lower section you need to sandwich it in. If you sandwich in a vehicle it usually destroys the vehicle in tow, then the packer itself. I'm sure the van will not blow up but I think we need a proofed Packer to do the job, if it can be done.

Such do you have PS2, Xbox or PC? I might need some things verified with PS2 and XBOX people.

One other thing that bothers me is the comment that on the XBOX the cars do not have the same proofings as suggested in the guide. I think this is crap as the PC and XBOX are virtually identical versions and I can verify the proofings are correct on the PC.

I am using PC version only. Actually, FI White Newsvan is not that painful for me to push with a Sawn off Shotgun. Normally, if we can flip a destroyed wreckage, then it moves longer distance with sawn off shotgun shooting. Unfortunately, this White Newsvan wreckage can't be flippable. So, it takes more time to push with sawn off shotgun. Also, you must take over territories near Santa Maria garage before try this mission. Otherwise, Ballas definitely kill you as game spawns plenty of Ballas when you shoot. However, with parachute trick, Police is no more a barrier. My only disappointment fact with this Newsvan is, it has a dangerous disappearing ability near Santa Maria garage. When I try first time and near Santa Maria garage, I had saved a bike to keep open the garage door. But, while I have opened the garage door, wreckage disappeared in front of my eyes before I shoot it with Sawn off shotgun. On 2nd attempt, I didn't use a bike to open the door. Instead, I manually opened the door while trying to shoot Newsvan. After some unsuccessful attempts, it succeeded. I think this happens because of unreliability of Santa Maria garage. That garage is known to eat vehicles and one of most unreliable garages. If wreckage is not disappearing near a garage, I can get any proofed vehicle.

If you need a proofed Packer, you can get such one in final Smoke mission. But, you must use health cheat to do so. After trigger the Cutscene with a slow motion Packer comes with some Sultans, type health cheat to kill Smoke to fail the mission. After failing mission, BP/FP/EP/DP Packer must be parked nearby with some Russians. Its doors are unlocked and you can easily hop it and drive away. Then you can impound and use flowing cars cheat to store it in Doherty garage inside a no wanted exploit mission. But, I dislike using packer. Instead sawn off shotgun pushing is easier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users