Photo

"Official" Unofficial Bulletproof & Special Vehicles Guide

608 replies to this topic
laijunqiu
  • laijunqiu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Mar 14 2010, 05:53)
Running Dog: Sentinel; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

When the Sentinel in the mission Running Dog is full immuse? I can find one but it's not full immuse every time!

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:09 PM Edited by OrionSR, 07 July 2012 - 06:58 PM.

The Sentinel in Running Dog becomes fully immune for the cut-scene when the target's car has arrived at the destination a little west of the Jefferson Motel. In order to become immune, the vehicle must not be destroyed, and the driver and target must be in the vehicle and not dead. CJ cannot move during the cut-scene.

The image below shows the final destination and the beginning of the cut-scene. The Sentinel is white because I added a code to the mission that would change the vehicle's color just after the immunities were applied so I could be confident of when these codes were executed.

user posted image

Tip: As soon as the chase begins and you regain control of CJ there is usually a Clover parked to his right - a perfectly good car for chasing a Sentinel.

Added: If I'm reading this correctly, the Sentinel is "destroyed" from memory at the end of the cut-scene, just before CJ can move again. The script does not check to see if the Sentinel has already been destroyed (by damage or water) before "destroying" it from memory. I didn't try to to collect this vehicle, but I strongly suspect that if the vehicle was destroyed by a blow-up-all-cars type code during the cut-scene it would be gone after the cut-scene, or if CJ somehow managed to be in the Sentinel at the end of the cut-scene he would be killed, or maybe the game would crash. However, I've been wrong before, so... good luck.

laijunqiu
  • laijunqiu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (pomor @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 19:49)
QUOTE (Sucha84 @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 17:02)
QUOTE (pomor @ Tuesday, Jan 3 2012, 12:12)
Have anyone tried that out? I did, and it is not working.

To Pomor:

Yes. I already have EP Banshee and it perfectly has explosion proof ability. When I tested its explosion proof aability, I hit with the gas pump and I wasted after a second with Banshee. I even thought it has no special qualities. But I forgot that it's not fireproof. So as soon as gas pump explodes, it catch fire due to the fire on ground and explode immediately. In next try, I tested it with putting satchel charges and it didn't explode. So it has Explosion proof ability. So System Error is correct. Normally most cars can take fire sometime before explode. But Banshee is very vulnerable to fire and damage. I recommend you to throw a molotov to a Banshee and see how quickly it explodes.

Weird. I tested it with satchel charges. No "proofness" whatsoever.
I am on PC, game has version 1.0

I try it too. You must kill the Russian before get in the EP Banshee or it will lose its proof.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

A friend gave me a site with every vehicle in GTA SA,even some vehicles have PP,some of them you can get them on normal one,cleo and trainer.I think i saw some guys fron gtaforums as well(OrionSR,4emp2008).
Here is the site: http://www.gta.ru/fo...andreas/727016/
Use google translate to see what they found.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Additional note for the RC Raider:

**Note to PC users - If you use SACC, it will not see this trophy vehicle in your garage. Also, any vehicles
"after" this one will not show up in SACC. Rest assured they are safe, just do not show up. If you tow or push
it out of the garage, all vehicles show themselves correctly.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:47 AM Edited by fnxrak, 02 October 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Just got the EP/FP hydra right now, no cheats, no mods, no trainers
It took me ages but it's worth it

Pre-requisites:

High Stakes Low Rider and Just Business Missions Available
EP/FP Helicopter ex.: ep/fp seasparrow stored in muholand

Strategie:

Save at EL CORONA and start the High Stakes Low Rider mission, but instead of going to the start line, take the vehicle you started the mission to the San Fierro Impound and leave inside near the entrance of the garage, preferebly right after the downwards ramp (don't store it the impound lots). This should be really easy as there are no cops in vehicles and no traffic at all at this time.
Now go back to Los Santos and get the EP/FP Seasparrow, then return to San Fierro.
NOW FOR SOME REAL PAIN, this was what took me ages.
The idea is to make an hydra attack you and crash into the impound grounds, this is realy the tricky part, as most of the time the hydra will crash anywhere except the impond grounds. Best stratege trying to crash it into the big black building right on the curve before the impound, making it fall downhill and with some luck getting inside the impound grounds.
For some reason the hydra won't disappear as easy when you push it in that area, like in some other areas like near wang cars. But this is not over as you push it inside the impoud the gate must not close while you're inside with the hydra, that's why I used the High Stakes Vehicle so he won't disappear as a normal vehicle would while your inside the impound near the parking spots. just push it real gently avoiding the impound walls and park it in those spots, activate the invisible wall and it should be wainting a restored hydra.
Now Simply return to Los Santos in the vehicle for the race and crash it in the water or destroy it somehow, you should get the mission failed message.
The Rest is basicaly the same strategy used to make the rustler EP/FP.
Afterward just store it again in the San Fierro impound, it shouldn't be to difficult as there's no cops after you in that impound because of the Highway above it.
Good Luck.

As soon as possible I will post a Video of this
Cheers tounge.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Here are the Videos:

Part1:

Part2:

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:34 PM Edited by __mako, 02 October 2012 - 06:52 PM.

i dont have time to watch the videos now, but this seems to be the best method to obtain hydra early by far. This beauty is what i really wanted in my collection, youve done a great job, its such a shame i have to start a new game to obtain it, but its worth it.

EDIT: I watched the videos and i'm impressed cookie.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:09 PM Edited by 0909090, 02 October 2012 - 05:34 PM.

I don't have time to watch it either, but it seems it should work, amazing job man, I'll definitelly try this smile.gif .
EDIT: Actually I find a little time I was excited to watch it tounge.gif and I must say you are pure genius, you made an incredible discovery you should be proud of yourself wink.gif . Too bad this method is luck-based that makes it hard, but getting it definitely worth it, I'll make my attempt soon, but since I already did High Stakes Low Rider on my special vehicle collection save I will have to either start over, or use new savefile. And getting it will be pretty tricky for me, since I'm not very familiar with impound lots.
Btw just a small tip be careful with music in your videos, Youtube might block audio or maybe whole video too.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Thanks for the headsup 0909090 but this video will be just temporary as i'm gona try and post the whole game from the beginnning in Youtube if it gets deleted i'll just change it then confused.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Can I ask how long did it took you to make hydra crash like that?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Two Days trying
Actualy it took a little less time than i thought it would
20 to 30 tries

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Do you think this could work also with LS impound?

0909090 : try this link for impound lots - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=304874

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Los Santos Impound LOT probably won't work beacuse it doesn't store very well airplanes
Las Venturas Impound the hydra won't fit the walls in the ramp

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

I Have a question about the proofings of the patriots in robbing uncle sam
Do the proofings disappear when the soldiers are inside the vehicles or do they disapear from calculating distance with the van?
I'm thinking of the FI admiral in "You've Had Your Chips" maybe is possible to snipe the soldiers before they get to close. I mean we would have to push the van fa away what would be a PAIN, but maybe it would work.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

From what I know Patriots in Robbing Uncle Sam are proofed for very little time, thus making it impossible to obtain. Well maybe it's possible, I could be wrong, but nobody has found a way to obtain it yet.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Thanks. Anyway I tried it but doesn't matter how far you are the patriots appear imediatly near you. A fidding though the mule can be moved easily with the packer.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 16:31)
Thanks. Anyway I tried it but doesn't matter how far you are the patriots appear imediatly near you. A fidding though the mule can be moved easily with the packer.

Yep I found a glitch that if you kill drivers in patriots, cars will keep following you. Well not following, but whenever you look back you will see these patriots near you.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Our friends at GTA.ru still have the Patriots from Robbing Uncle Sam listed as unobtainable. If I understood the translations, an attempt was made to change the water level so the vehicles would be drowned as soon as they spawned, but the game still didn't recognize that the cars were destroyed fast enough to fail the wreck-check and skip the code that removes the immunities.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 17:49)
Our friends at GTA.ru still have the Patriots from Robbing Uncle Sam listed as unobtainable. If I understood the translations, an attempt was made to change the water level so the vehicles would be drowned as soon as they spawned, but the game still didn't recognize that the cars were destroyed fast enough to fail the wreck-check and skip the code that removes the immunities.

Damn I was gona try and move the mule near water then fail mission right when entered it. But in that case it must mean they stay imune just for a few milliseconds. Thanks though

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

I can post the relevant code section if you think it might help.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 18:22)
I can post the relevant code section if you think it might help.

No need gona give up for now. if a have some other idea i'll try it later

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

What about Leviathan( not sure if I spell it correctly) in Up up and away? I'm pretty sure it has some proofings, any idea how to obtain it? Also that truck in Highjack mission is heavy I think, but it can't be saved apperantly.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 19:11)
What about Leviathan( not sure if I spell it correctly) in Up up and away? I'm pretty sure it has some proofings, any idea how to obtain it? Also that truck in Highjack mission is heavy I think, but it can't be saved apperantly.

Yes the Leviathan it's actually Full Imune the moment before the hunters attack you, but unfortenatly can't be moved. I tried to get it with the Leviathan with the magnet, by failing the mission once but when i start this mission it appears to clean the whole map of cars, it might go to the impound but it will loose the magnet then.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Got that idea from trying to get the walton in the Don Peyote mission. Although it wouldn't work got a funny glitch pulling the walton with the levianthan will move very slowly , and the walton will stay in mid-air, got some pictures of it somewhere gona try and find them just for the LOL

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:35 PM Edited by 0909090, 03 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

Waltons in Don Peyote apperantly don't have any proofings, according to OrionSR's post at first page. Btw I thought I could just add that way to obtain FP vehicles in firefighter(level 1,2 only) is that you must first extinguish vehicles, then get out of firetruck and steal the car. I tested it while ago and I didn't see any method here about that.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

http://imageshack.us.../gallery77r.jpg
http://imageshack.us.../gallery76x.jpg
http://imageshack.us.../gallery75d.jpg

They're not falling they are stuck in Mid-air

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Jul 7 2012, 14:09)
The Sentinel in Running Dog becomes fully immune for the cut-scene when the target's car has arrived at the destination a little west of the Jefferson Motel. In order to become immune, the vehicle must not be destroyed, and the driver and target must be in the vehicle and not dead. CJ cannot move during the cut-scene.

The image below shows the final destination and the beginning of the cut-scene. The Sentinel is white because I added a code to the mission that would change the vehicle's color just after the immunities were applied so I could be confident of when these codes were executed.

user posted image

Tip: As soon as the chase begins and you regain control of CJ there is usually a Clover parked to his right - a perfectly good car for chasing a Sentinel.

Added: If I'm reading this correctly, the Sentinel is "destroyed" from memory at the end of the cut-scene, just before CJ can move again. The script does not check to see if the Sentinel has already been destroyed (by damage or water) before "destroying" it from memory. I didn't try to to collect this vehicle, but I strongly suspect that if the vehicle was destroyed by a blow-up-all-cars type code during the cut-scene it would be gone after the cut-scene, or if CJ somehow managed to be in the Sentinel at the end of the cut-scene he would be killed, or maybe the game would crash. However, I've been wrong before, so... good luck.

I have a million dollar question regarding Running Dog - the photo you show appears to be near Jefferson, but yet this mission takes place in East LS. What did I miss? Do you allow the Vago to escape? Does he then meet up with the Sentinel in Jefferson?

Of course with The Green Sabre and a minigun (thanks to you) it is far easier to get a Sentinel and Sabre anyway. Still interesting though.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:27 PM Edited by OrionSR, 07 October 2012 - 11:30 PM.

This mission is usually over so quickly that I never see the Sentinel, but if you let the target run he ends up meeting with the driver at the road at the west end of the alley where the game starts. Then it seems like they drive around randomly for a while before heading to the location shown in the screenshot.

BTW, although the mini-gun is faster and probably more reliable, it's not too tough get enough damage on the Green Sabre vehicles by doing a forward drive-by with an SMG from a motorcycle since there is no reload time.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Oct 7 2012, 19:27)
This mission is usually over so quickly that I never see the Sentinel, but if you let the target run he ends up meeting with the driver at the road at the west end of the alley where the game starts. Then it seems like they drive around randomly for a while before heading to the location shown in the screenshot.

BTW, although the mini-gun is faster and probably more reliable, it's not too tough get enough damage on the Green Sabre vehicles by doing a forward drive-by with an SMG from a motorcycle since there is no reload time.

You're right about Running Dog - maybe if they made the Vago wear Body Armor it would have lengthened the mission long enough to get to the points you mention, otherwise doing a tap-tap sprint, two shots from a sawn-off, he's toast.

I tried again last go round on The Green Sabre doing a drive-by with an SMG - and I hauled ass with no time to waste. Still was not able to connect enough rounds to proof the vehicle before Sweet dies. When you use 100+ rounds from a mini-gun in this mission to get the results, you know that's a lot of damage, usually takes about 10 rounds to destroy an average car. And of course doing it this way, you can be driving the car to the garage long before Sweet is toast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users