"Official" Unofficial Bulletproof & Special Vehicles Guide

565 replies to this topic
OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

According to The List, only the Greenwood and SWAT Van have proofings during End of the Line part one. There are some FP/EP police cars, Tornadoes, and Sanchezes in EOL part 3 in addition to the all proof Firetruck, Feltzer, and train.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

Thank you for finding that out. I was just wondering why they behaved the way they did.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:30 AM Edited by OrionSR, 06 January 2012 - 08:34 AM.

I took another look at End of the Line part 1 to see if I could figure out what was going on with the two police cars and two Greenwoods blockading the street near the spawn point for the SWAT Van. These vehicles are protected by an immune to non-player code. One of each vehicle has the health set to 50% so they smoke a little.

I can confirm by direct experience that these cars are not immune to non-player damage after CJ gets in the car, but I can't tell why not from looking in the script. I can see various snippets of code that check if CJ is near a location, seen by an actor, and in a vehicle, and codes that remove references, and destroy vehicles, but it's difficult to tell how these snippets are connected.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 04:26)
It looks like EP is applied to the Actor's car right at the end of the mission as part of the mission cleanup routines on V1 and V2. Shortly before that there's a code that clears all immunities.

It was my impression, that removal of the immunities, is an indication of immunities being applied somewhere along the mission. Like player's car in Dancing Cars minigame, or during hot coffee "rocking earth" animation. Am I reading it right?
Why I bring this up, I just noticed that "Against All Odds" removes the immunities, from car that you use to drive into red marker in front of the betting shop. After the short cutscene, when CJ gets satchel charges, the proofness it still intact, but after geting out of the betting shop, the immunities are striped out.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:45 AM Edited by OrionSR, 12 February 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Collecting the Indestructible Ladder Truck

Sucha84 was asking about a method to collect the BP/EP/FP/CP/MP Ladder Truck from the mission End of the Line. I've done enough testing that I strongly suspect this is possible, but I'm not sure if my skills are up to the task. A Google video search provided the video linked below. Hopefully there is a better version somewhere as this video has a cut at a crucial part of the process -- just before catching Sweet.

There are two very difficult steps that must be accomplished. Step One is to get a bomb into the Feltzer. Step Two is to catch Sweet just before the bomb explodes. Step One appeared to be the more difficult step so I decided to start with Step Two by modding around the bomb problem.

Practice Saves
Ladder Truck v1
Ladder Truck v2

The practice saves linked above have the following modifications:
  • The garage from Life's a Beach has been moved next to the train tracks near where CJ starts at the beginning of the game and changed into a standard SA bomb shop.
  • The corners of the invisible bomb shop garage have been marked with pink chipstacks.
  • CJ has no armor to make it easier to suicide
  • CJ's fireproofing has been removed
  • CJ has a parachute in inventory
  • Free busted/wasted once is set to respawn CJ in the El Corona driveway
  • End of the Line parts 1 and 2 have been completed
  • Saved in the mission sphere so End of the Line part 3 starts upon loading
  • This is a Chain Game save, so there's a Sparrow on the roof and a mutant bike in the El Corona garage, adrenaline pills along the route, and a far too many other modifications to list, but none of these changes should matter on a practice save.
  • Ladder Truck v1 was converted to be compatible with v1 scripts. V2 works with v2 scripts.
Step Two

To practice the timing of arming the bomb and catching Sweet:

Take the first left, fail the mission, and look for the chipstacks that mark the invisible bomb garage. Install a bomb in the car, note the time, arm the bomb, and count how long it takes before it explodes (about 9 seconds).

Reload the save and follow Tenpenny until you arrive at the invisible bomb garage. Adjust the camera to keep Tenpenny in view and stop the car between the chipstacks to install the bomb. Chase down the firetruck and follow it until Sweet's grip meter appears when the cop starts stomping on his fingers.

Unless you are sure that traffic is going to be a serious problem, the best time to arm the bomb appears to be shortly before completing the turn north along the East Beach. Start counting and try to ram the back of the firetruck at a count between 6 and 8. If you will arrive a bit early then swing wide and cut back behind the truck with the proper timing. If you catch Sweet too soon a cut-scene will stop the car from exploding -- too late and the car explodes and kills CJ, of course. Jump out of the car as soon as you see Sweet leap onto the hood. If the car exploded and the mission didn't fail then you got this part right.

Tenpenny will stop just out of view down the road. Chase him down and enter the firetruck through the open passenger door, but remember that the doors are locked, so don't exit until you have the vehicle stashed safely inside of a garage (haven't tried towing it yet, probably won't work on a mission vehicle). Drive to El Corona and back into the garage. Equip the parachute and punch the truck until it explodes. Alternatively, leave the front of the truck out a bit, climb the house, jump to the garage roof, drop down to the roof of the truck, and stomp on it until black smoke appears. Push the truck the rest of the way into the garage with a shotgun before punching it until it catches fire and explodes. Use Molotovs or rockets to suicide while the garage door is still open. When CJ respawns in the driveway the Allproof Ladder Truck (Firetruck LA) should be inside.

Step One

As most of us are painfully aware, the mission will fail if Tenpenny gets just a little too far away, and it's a very short distance. The exception that makes this trick possible is that the truck can be much farther away if Tenpenny can be kept squarely in the center of the screen. This has proven to be extremely difficult using the camera controls on a gamepad. So difficult that it may not be possible to collect this vehicle on the PS2 or Xbox. When I switched over to keyboard controls I was finally able to get quite far from the firetruck without failing the mission, but still nowhere near the bomb shop. So far I've made it a little past the turn at the bottom of the hill as shown in the video (0:30). For now all I can suggest is to study the route in the video, note the time and landmarks where stopping is suggested, and adjust for differences on the clock (attempts to change the time in the save have failed; I think it's coded in the mission script).

I am not a skilled keyboard driver. Making further progress is going to be a struggle.

Allproof Brownstreak

I noticed that when the mission is stuck after catching Sweet and blowing up the Feltzer that the Brownstreak that almost hits Tenpenny is still sitting on the tracks near where it was last seen, unlocked, with the proofings intact. I can't remember if a train can be stored in a garage or not (even if it can't be driven), but if so, then it might be possible to derail the train near the airstrip, push it into the hangar with a minigun, blow it up with a parachute, and save it by suiciding in the garage. Edit: It won't work. The game will crash when the garage opens with a train inside.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Thanks for adding indestructible Firetruck. As it is in the video, this one will be the most difficult proofed vehicle to obtain. It's difficulty easily overpass allproof Greenwood even. The most difficult part is to keep Tenpenny in radar while driving to bomb shop. It is not much difficult if there is no traffic in the road. Unfortunately there are considerable amount of traffic on the road. Also if somehow you armed the bomb and keep him in radar, you need to do the correct timing for activating it. It's not that easy as saying.

Apart from that, I have a problem from sometime. Apart from already known proofed vehicles whether obtainable or unobtainable, can't we have anymore proofed vehicles which is unknown so far. I have a serious suspicion that some vehicles in some missions might be proofed ones. Also normally any proofed vehicle, doesn't vanish their proofings if you failed the mission. But DP Picador in mission "Ryder" is an exception.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Saturday, Feb 11 2012, 10:45)
I can't remember if a train can be stored in a garage or not (even if it can't be driven), but if so, then it might be possible to derail the train near the airstrip, push it into the hangar with a minigun, blow it up with a parachute, and save it by suiciding in the garage.

PS2 v1.0, train can be pushed to the hangar but game would crash. Strangely, it's much lighter than the Rhino and would slide easily. I've always thought train is allproof at all times.

Not sure if destroying it would somehow prevent the game from crashing and being able to obtain it. What's the suicide for?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:35 PM Edited by OrionSR, 12 February 2012 - 01:17 AM.

The Immunity List

Early in this topic I compiled a list of the immunity codes that are used in missions to proof vehicles. The original intent of the list was to provide reference on which vehicles were meleeproof since this property was not included in System Error's original guide. The immunity list is also useful for determining which vehicles have the potential to be collected. Unfortunately, I may have skipped missions that only remove immunities, so missions that are not listed may still remove the proofings from your vehicles, I'm not sure.

I am fairly confident that any vehicles that appear to be immune to damage but are not included in the list, such as the Picador in the mission Ryder, are being protected by codes that are not immunities that can be saved in a garage.

Added: Suicide is the only method I have been able to find to end the mission once it is stuck between catching Sweet and exploding the car. I tried killing Tenpenny with parachute damage but the mission didn't end. I'm fairly confident that Sweet died in the explosion even though he is sitting in the wrecked Feltzer. I tried to push the wreck into the ocean but the wreck disappeared leaving Sweet sitting on the ground and apparently not solid any more.

Okay, yes. On PCv1 a Brown Streak saved in a garage will crash the game when the garage tries to open. The train I spawned into the hangar for testing with a CLEO script behaved very strangely. When touched it would jump a few meters in the air and just hover there.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:57 AM

I didn't notice it. it has been in the very first page of this thread. I think there are many more proofed vehicle according to that but which is not covered by SE guide.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Here is some better video with obtaining an indestructible firetruck (without mods, in better quality and by improved method).
I used the same parachute glitch to destroy it.
Sorry for some minor lags in the video, I used to frapse everything to the system HDD.
OrionSR, i'd very thankful if you'd created a new topic with a detailed description. I think you can do it much better than me smile.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:43 PM Edited by OrionSR, 14 February 2012 - 05:08 AM.

System Error Guide Updates Summary

Oh good, I got the post at the top of the page. I intend to update this post with the discoveries that have been made since System Error's most recent update.

Put a new armour on this rusty lowrider All proof Savanna from Photo Opportunity

Obtaining the Unobtainable BP/EP/FP/CP/MP Bravura

Getting BP/EP/FP/DP Boxville without using cheats

BP/FP/DP/EP Infernus from Bead Down on B Dup New method using a tractor to flip the Infernus (is there a better reference?)

EP Player's Car from Gray Imports: It's not just the Banshee or PCJ, almost any car can be EP. Clarification on the timing for the proofing to be applied.

BP/FP/EP/CP/MP RC Raider video only

BP/FP/EP/CP/MP Sultan, Packer, and HPV-100 from Just Business and Reuniting the Families (HPV-1000)

Swiping Tenpenny's Indestructible Ladder Truck BP/FP/EP/CP/MP Firetruck LA from End of the Line

Polaski's BP/FP/EP/CP/MP Bufallo from High Noon

What am I missing?

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

BP/FP/EP/CP/MP RC Raider

XFiveDragonsCJX
  • XFiveDragonsCJX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:13 AM Edited by XFiveDragonsCJX, 13 February 2012 - 10:00 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Jan 4 2012, 11:43)
Yeah, well... The first thing I did was check The List on the first page, and I noticed that I missed this code. Perhaps I should revise the list to include both references. Something like:

Gray Imports: Player's Car; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0 (entering the mission sphere at the docks)
Gray Imports: Player's Car 2; 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 (as the target approaches the Banshee)
Gray Imports: Player's Car 2; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0 (when mission is over)

So if I missed this one then perhaps I missed some others. In this case I must have been confused because the player's vehicle got proofed in three different places. EP/FP at the beginning, no proof near the end, and finally EP when it's all over. I'm pretty sure the list of missions that include proofing codes is accurate. However, I didn't record every single reference of applied, removed, or altered immunities.

According to my experience, you can keep only the Explosionproof property of the vehicle you created if you didn't trigger the car chase by not getting near his Banshee. I got away from him without going near the Banshee and my car kept only the explosionproof property. I killed him while he is in the office, same result.

Also, regarding the CP Leviathan in Interdiction, if you can push the wreckage to an impound garage using a Rhino, would it be possible since impound garages act like normal garages?

AH64Hunter
  • AH64Hunter

Forking and dongles

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (XFiveDragonsCJX @ Monday, Feb 13 2012, 04:13)
Also, regarding the CP Leviathan in Interdiction, if you can push the wreckage to an impound garage using a Rhino, would it be possible since impound garages act like normal garages?

No. However seeing as the Leviathan in Up, up and away is a mission important vehicle you could maybe destroy it with a parachute and push it to the hanger. but it's still a helicopter so it will disappear before or when it get's there.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 20:53)
BP/FP/EP/CP/MP RC Raider

I have seen this video, it was done by the same guy, who has made Boxville one.
Anyway, I found it easier, to overturn RC Rider with sawed-offs, then by minigun. Also, the author pushes it to Hashbury garage, but Doherty works just as well, and is closer. It is not visible clearly on the video, due to small size, but garage repairs the RC Rider, despite on-going mission. At this point, one can either complete the mission, like shown on the video, or fail it, by blowing up your car.
Interestingly enough, RC Rider can be towed. With Tow Truck, it kept diconnecting every few meters, but with Tractor I was able to transport it from Doherty garage, to the Calton Heights one. Toy Chopper, just like its older brothers, is not magnetic, though. Magent of the Leviathan will not catch it.

4emp2008
  • 4emp2008

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yes. You can push it in to Goherty. I was pushing in the other place, because then I saved in Doherty EP/FP Rustler and FI Tanker Trailer smile.gif

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:50 AM Edited by Sucha84, 16 February 2012 - 04:52 AM.

Easy trick for Light Green Packer:

I found this accidentally. According to SE guide, we can get Light Green Packer with using a tow truck. So I did this by towing packer with Tow Truck after timer is ran out. At near Airstrip, Packer was gone off from tow truck's rope because of foolish drivers hit it from the back. I tried to retow it, but I couldn't do that. So I thought I have to redo it once again. But for a moment, I tried to jack it and it was successful. However, its driver's door is locked but unlocked passenger's door with the man who is showing in mission. Once I steal it, screen wobbles and bit difficult to drive because that man is shouting with fear. But still it's much better than towing. So I guess we don't need a tow truck. We can just drive it into a garage after mission is failed and Packer is stopped after that. However, using a tow truck might be useful if somehow Packer's driver didn't stop it. So in that case, you can tow it for some distance, untow it and then jack Packer with passenger's door.

Note: I have seen Light Green Packers on street. But those may not be the same colour as this Packer.

aftica
  • aftica

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Holy Crap! Just logged in here for the first time in ages to see you guys STILL finding stuff in SA! Freakin' awesome! I gotta get a new PS2 now? maybe...

Great work gentlemen!

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:19 AM Edited by Krawk, 06 April 2012 - 09:40 AM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 14:43)

BP/FP/EP/CP/MP RC Raider video only

What am I missing?

Looks like the RC Raider is pretty much a "trophy" as I suggested way back when?? I suspect it blew up in the video because it was flipped over/upside down?

Also should be noted - the video shows the player going BEHIND the Doherty garage after mission success, you hear the door opening as they drive past. A reminder that this is what causes garages to glitch, the most common glitch being lost vehicles.

First post updated

FYI Folks - I have not been willingly absent - every time I have tried to access this site it has been down. Nice to see we have a few more vehicles on the list.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

For getting the Sultan on "Just Business" which health cheat are we supposed to use? (PC version) Thanks

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

'HESOYAM'

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 08:59)
'HESOYAM'

Thanks - must have been my timing or something.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Sunday, Feb 12 2012, 14:43)

Getting BP/EP/FP/DP Boxville without using cheats

BP/FP/EP/CP/MP Sultan, Packer, and HPV-100 from Just Business and Reuniting the Families (HPV-1000)

I just added more info the the thread regarding the Sultan in Just Business. I was unable to free them from the Packer no matter when I entered the cheat or how much an angle the Packer was. I nose-dived it from the overpass near Madd Dogg's mansion figuring it would roll-over and explode, but instead it bounced off the wall at the bottom and the cars dislodged this way.

Regarding the Boxville - I know OrionSR and his knowledge of scripts might be best qualified on this one, but I was wondering if the Boxville could be moved the same way the Maverick is in Toreno's Last Flight? The cut-scene trigger distance seems similar, the only difference is that shooting at the motorcade usually triggers the cutscene, I am thinking out loud though that the Boxville is not part of the motorcade?

The mission becomes easier because you can snipe one of the bikers, but that triggers the cut-scene.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:27 PM Edited by Krawk, 23 September 2012 - 05:06 PM.

Get a Sawn-Off Shotgun, Dual-Wielded is better

------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.3X *TROPHY* Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof RC Raider
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mission: Wear Flowers in Your Hair______________Resource F: **
Character: The Truth

Introducing a new category for collectible vehicles, a TROPHY.

Although this vehicle appears to have no use, it is proofed to all the normal hazards.
Start the mission like normal. Trigger the first 4 mission markers (Jethro, the Hospital,
Duane and the Cop Station like normal.) Next, as you approach Zero, do not enter the
marker, instead, get out of the car. The Truth will of course tell you to get the F back in
the car. Ignore him for now. Notice the RC Heli that Zero appears to be flying? This is your
target. Make sure there's no cops nearby. Take several shots at the Raider so as to force it
towards the ball field. Once it is near the bleachers, take some high shots at it so it tips
over. The object is to get the Raider to land on its side or upside down. You should be able
to do so with about a dozen full-volley blasts (48 rounds) or less. Once the Raider explodes,
get back in the car and enter Zero's marker. You may want to skip the cutscene just to make
sure the Raider does not disappear. Next, carefully push the Raider to a garage. (Hashbury?)
Driving slowly and pushing forward on your control stick (like nose-diving a plane) helps
keep the Raider at the front of the car. Next complete the mission as normal. Check the garage
to make sure your Trophy is present then save the game.

After the mission you may want to move this vehicle to another garage. I chose Paradiso
because this garage can only hold two regular cars anyway. It seems to tip over easy even with a
Towtruck, I have found the best way is to walk very slowly, the same way you were taught how to
"Sneak" in the Burglar/Home Invasion Mission. As long as you push straight from the tail or nose
you can move this vehicle easily. If you have to rotate it, gently tap the tail one way or
another until you're lined up again. Take a route with MINIMAL traffic.
Note - Some have reported being able to move it easily with a Tractor.
Paradiso should still be able to hold two cars as long as you push this Trophy all the way to the back.

**Note to PC users - If you use SACC, it will not see this trophy vehicle in your garage. Also, any vehicles
"after" this one will not show up in SACC. Rest assured they are safe, just do not show up. If you tow or push
it out of the garage, all vehicles show themselves correctly.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

One should note with the Trophy RC Raider - If you use a PC program such as SACC to monitor or edit settings, for some reason when the Raider is in a garage, SACC reports the garage as empty. I did not try to edit another garage's contents to see if the garage with the Raider is lost so be aware that you might want to push the raider out of the garage, pause the game, then edit the garage. I don't think SACC will screw up the garage the Raider is in as long as you edit a *different* garage. I think SACC only submits what was changed when it does garage updates, much the same reason SACC says the mothership is a white camper but yet if you modify other items, it still maintains the hippie paint job.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

I have another inquiry for another possible undiscovered car...

In the mission Ran Fa Li, the courier car (Manana?) appears to behave similar to the Bravura in The Green Sabre. Is there anything special to this car? I tried the same trick and for some reason seem stuck inside the car. The car is aflame, I get in, try to get out, but instead of that happening the cutscene triggers and the car is no longer aflame, just very damaged. If anything, this car behaves like it is crashproof as you crash into it with your vehicle and it doesn't move or take any damage. Unlike the mission Don Peyote though, this does register as a car.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Don't double post. If your previous posting is unanswered just use the EDIT button to add/delete/change the content in your last posting.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

I can find no immunity codes in Ran Fa Li - so nothing that can be saved in a garage. There are two Mananas in that mission. The Manana that CJ is supposed to get in has health set to 3000 (300%) in a couple of spots, and is immune to tire damage, but I can't find anything else special about this car.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

Also, isn't it the 'mission' of the foes to destroy the car? So why would it be indestructable?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 20:26)
Don't double post. If your previous posting is unanswered just use the EDIT button to add/delete/change the content in your last posting.

So glad we have you to police the forums. Had I done an "EDIT" as you suggested, the second message would not have shown up as new to anyone the viewed the first one, look at the time stamp of the two messages.

And if you had not noticed, the Manana is froze in place and proofed to crashes. Try it and see what I mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users