» «
Photo

"Official" Unofficial Bulletproof & Special Vehicles Guide

571 replies to this topic
Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:19 PM Edited by Krawk, 2 weeks ago.

Updated 7/16/2014
The guide project must move forward, it has been 4 1/2 years since I originally contacted System Error about updating his guide.
This post is to track needed guide updates. Please PM me or reply with updates needed, I will edit as needed.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy Contacted me regarding video links and such and that project could be considered version 6.0,

below is a quicker more immediate update.

***Additional clarification on how to prevent cars from being lost in garages, including but not limited to -
Explain that they have an opening/trigger radius, why Doherty seems unreliable and truthfully it is no worse than any other garages if you follow the below tips.
-Do not fly over them
-Do not drive near them, Doherty being the worst because it's at an intersection and if you drive behind it or to the side it opens, Santa Maria is kind of bad too
-If you mistakenly trigger a door, STOP, rotate your camera and watch the door close, making sure your vehicles are still there, if you're too far away, back up and check! Reason why cars might get lost is because game has limited memory of what cars it sees and dumps first cars from memory when this number is reached. Standard spawn memory is 12 cars, when car 13 pops up, car 1 is forgotten so if you're going fast and the door is opened it might forget a car in the garage
Chili Dog Vendor explanation - as a general rule, things don't appear/disappear if you're looking right at them, exceptions are draw distance horizon and mission specific events
-When taking a car out or when checking on your cars, remember to watch the door/contents before leaving the zone
-Do not save a game at a Safehouse in which the door opens when you enter the house (Santa Maria, Palomino Creek, Prickle Pine, ?? Checking other locations ??).
-If you enter a safehouse that opens the door to do a wardrobe change, double check contents before leaving the area
-Possible link between jetpack and lost paintjobs, could be door open/close issue
-Notes in guide about Verdant Hangar are not accurate regarding damaged or destroyed vehicles

-Rhinos do NOT destroy your Crashproof or Damageproof vehicles.

***Create a section probably after garages, crediting OrionSR for the work on Police Impound lots, how they work, etc... I had a glitched save, I restarted an early game and landed a dodo near the carwash in idlewood, triggered Pimping mission, visited the impound lot and there was the Dodo, so it appears to work smile.gif

***Create a section about Jealous Girlfriends & their vehicles, credit to our friend OrionSR again. no need to rush this at all. Early progress? Denise on food date-Palomino Creek Pizza Joint/Ammunation trick.

***Create a notation early on indicating the reader should read the section about Jealous Girlfriends with a warning about post-Burning Desire

***Some of us don't like to replace weapons we've built up, Mention that in missions such as Black project that suicide item could even be another car, damage it enough to where it catches fire then get in it. Mission such as Cutthroat business, want a fire source? Shoot gas tank of vehicle you drive there instead of getting a Flamethrower!

***Under Caring for your vehicles section, there is no "maybe," accepting Coffee on a date removes special properties of vehicles

***Parachute damage/melee attacks damage vehicles that normally cannot be.

SPECIFIC VEHICLE UPDATES-
**5.02: Parachute Damage instead of trying to flip the Tampa with a forklift
How to get the full immune Tampa without failing the mission (by russian community)
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aBClPFPFK3A

**5.02B: Gray Imports - honorable Mention - Getting Hydra Early - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=526061

**5.03: High Stakes, Low Rider - Use a Tahoma, probably the easiest to drive "lowrider" Use one without hydraulics, drives better

**5.09: OG Loc - Instead of using MUCH ammo trying to kill OG LOC, use a fraction of it and destroy the bike you're riding

**5.10: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sanchez - Easiest location-Laezy says Dunking in Glen Park pond possible too, seems easy to undunk with sawn-off

**5.11AAB: Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Ls Cop Car - Just Business & Reuniting the Families - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=535611

**5.12 BP/FP Greenwood - Clarified Explanation, probably PC specific, personal experience, my explanation was edited, do not allow garage door to close on car carcass until sweet is dead

**5.13 BP/FP Voodoo - Clarified Explanation, probably PC specific, personal experience, my explanation was edited, do not allow garage door to close on car carcass until sweet is dead

**5.16AAA: BP/FP/EP/CP/MP Sultan, Packer, and HPV-100 Reuniting the Families http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=499412

**5.16AAB: Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Ls Cop Car - Just Business & Reuniting the Families - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=535611

**5.16AA: Prefix - Obtaining the Unobtainable BP/EP/FP/CP/MP Bravura http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=500666
**5.16: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Sentinel, OrionSR said he explained his method better but it was cut out, I personally had problem with it because it was cut. Need to do enough damage to vehicle before Sweet dies, he suggested a drive-by on the car as there's no reload issue, when I tried it this way it was a tossup of my car being destroyed or sweet dying or the sabre being ready for me to get in, I also tried it with a minigun and it was much easier, if not into cheating need to either get minigun under 4 stars or during reuniting families mission. Mention after Los Sepulcros that player might want to get Minigun during Reuniting Families mission
**5.16B - Easier to get Sabre here too than on Tanker Commander

**5.22: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof Fortune is alse Meleeproof

**5.25: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof Elegy is also Meleeproof-Same as method 4 for Fortune, dunk in water around first checkpoint

**5.30A: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof Patriot is also Meleeproof. GSF can be killed in this mission, run his ass over. Using a Sanchez to rob Big Smoke's Cash is easier anyway due to its traction and the ability to track quicker to run GSF over when he tries to jump out of way. This mission unlocks after 3 of Catalina's robbery missions, no need to wait for SF. Just wait for call Monday 5:00AM

**5.30B: TROPHY - BP/FP/EP/DP RC Raider / Wear Flowers in Your Hair http://www.youtube.c...h?v=8fsWJXdPu4A

**5.31: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Merit, Method 2 - finding forklift very easy, located in warehouse near NRG challenge. Method 3 PARACHUTE DAMAGE makes this a breeze

**5.32: Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Rancher - Have had problems with proofings unless I completely back up into water, then it can't be driven out, new solution - even though engine is stalled, do a "360" gas/brake move, turn the back end to dry land, get out, get back in, engine starts, drive away

**5.3x: Photo Opportunity DP/BP/EP/FP Savanna - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=456760

**5.33: BP/EP/FP/DP Boxville without using cheats http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=497489

**5.36: Bulletproof/Fireproof/Explosionproof/Damageproof Camper (the Mothership) - Explain the 2 versions of this vehicle. One with Roof up, one with it down. HolyGrenadeFrenzy's explanation how to get each type. (roof up version approach from the N or W, roof down version from E or S)

**5.41: BP/FP/DP/EP Infernus from Bead Down on B Dup New method using a tractor to flip the Infernus (is there a better reference?) Method 3 http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=498186

**5.47: BP/FP/EP/DP Firetruck End of The Line

**6.xx: Transfender Colored BF-400 with Glitched Wheels http://gtaforums.com...with-glitchy-w/

**UCC ALERT!!! - 6.10: Black Maverick (Interdiction) See my previous post, Zmoonchild & jsng discovered way to obtain. http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=488028

**7.05: High Noon DP/BP/EP/FP Buffalo Alternate method described in this thread http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1060884722

**Rare Vehicle Alert - Phoenix - A Home in the Hills. Should you not want to fail a racing mission you can push/shoot this car to a garage once you waste Big Poppa. I have _NEVER_ seen this car on the streets, not during vigilante, not even when the Vagos exist, worthy of mention. Useful if you do not want to FAIL any missions (such as the SF Races)

**UCV Black Elegants (Management Issues) -

**Unobtainable BP/FP/EP/DP Leviathan (Up, Up and Away!)

**Unobtainable UCC Yellow Forklift (Breaking the Bank at Caligula's) Diego says it's at Heaven-level, maybe impound lot? WHY? Useless turd but still mentionable.

**Disputable Properties of Greenwood in Reuniting the Families - scripted to autofix damage or hides damage?

**Emperor in Wear Flowers In Your Hair - Just a stronger engine

**Disputable Properties of Tanker in Highjack - behaves crashproof as it launches other vehicles

**Disputable Properties of Kart in Cutthroat Business - behaves crashproof as it launches other vehicles

**Unobtainable Trophy RC Baron - Not driveable but still stores in garage as a vehicle, will do more research. Are there two versions or is that mission specific. Air Raid they are bombers but during Supply Lines or Beefy Baron they got machine gun. Notice them building up during Air Raid? Shoot carcass of one to a garage?

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

Regarding the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez(Wrong side of the tracks), i prefer the Glen park pond to dip the Sanchez. Very easy to retrieve, having dual-wield sawn off shotguns also come in handy making the task much more simpler.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:30 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 08 March 2010 - 07:33 PM.

QUOTE (Krawk @ Mar 5 2010, 16:19)
6.10: Black Maverick (Interdiction) Previous post, Zmoonchild discovered way to obtain. Although minigun is preferred, key is to damage chopper quickly enough to ground it. My modified method was to use minigun to damage it then SMG or M4 to slightly damage more, another short minigun burst often times destroyed chopper

Thanks, but I canít take all of the credit. I did figure out that the black Mavericks could be lured to the ground by lightly shooting them with the Minigun, but it was jnsgís idea to use a Towtruck to tow it to a garage.

Neither jnsg nor myself could figure out how to do obtain the black Maverick on our own, but once we put our ideas together, we were able to obtain it.

Also, jnsg obtained the black Maverick first, but he failed the mission by doing it. After that I was able to figure out how to obtain it and still pass the mission.

Please make sure to give jnsg credit. smile.gif

Hereís the original post:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1057601744

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:14 AM

Also, The RC Cam is some vehicle worth mentioning...

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:21 PM Edited by Krawk, 10 March 2010 - 12:29 PM.

Black Maverick Credit modified... how do you pass the mission after getting one?
I assume you saw my write up on this in the other thread, because the minigun shoots so fast it is sometimes hard to gauge how many rounds are needed, very easy to destroy the chopper and get 2 stars, so I suggested minigun until the sound of the chopper changes then use an M4 or such, couple more little shots to ground it.

Mendez, where is the RC cam?

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (laezy @ Mar 8 2010, 13:22)
Regarding the BP/FP/EP/DP Sanchez(Wrong side of the tracks), i prefer the Glen park pond to dip the Sanchez. Very easy to retrieve, having dual-wield sawn off shotguns also come in handy making the task much more simpler.

I am assuming that this vehicle is proofed until you enter the marker at Smoke's house, that being the case then yes, Glen park would be considered the absolute easiest.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Mar 10 2010, 14:21)
Mendez, where is the RC cam?

As I said, it's un-obtainable... You need a cheating device like ARMax (for PS2, and I owe it), or a mod/trainer that spawns vehicles (PC) in order to get it... If you take a look at Glenster's guide for SA, you can see a picture for it, and get most of it's info from there...

Even if there were flower-pots anywhere in SA, I don't think they're RC Cams... They're
ordinary ones... Plus the RC Cam is a tad strange...

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

When I added a spawn point for an RC Cam on PS2 v1 the game consistently crashed every time I tried to enter the vehicle. It works fine on PC, but I'm not sure about PS2 v2.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 March 2010 - 10:44 AM Edited by Diego "DM" Mendez, 12 March 2010 - 12:46 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 11 2010, 05:26)
When I added a spawn point for an RC Cam on PS2 v1 the game consistently crashed every time I tried to enter the vehicle. It works fine on PC, but I'm not sure about PS2 v2.

You need to put the "No Doors on Cars" cheat device code in order to enter it without freezing. That's why it crashes, is because it has doors...

If you're lazy to get to the "Updated Special Vehicle Guide" for this, then this is :

-------------
RC Cam
-------------
Mission : None
Character : Nobody

It's not an RC vehicle like the Baron and Goblin... It's a strange flowerpot...
On PC (from Glenster's), you can open an invisible door to enter it... On PS2,
however, entering it will cause the game to crash... To enter it without crashing,
you need a second code : No Doors on Cars. This code will still make the doors visible,
although you can enter vehicles the same way as entering any spawned Andromada (entering without opening door. When Triangle is pressed, you Just get inside the non-solid door and sit in there without closing it... I think you can get busted by just the cop pointing his gun at the door, nothing else. It won't make a Rhino harder to open for the cops, but easier (I think)...).
When entered, you take control of an invisible steering wheel... It's shadow is square,
but the flowerpot is circular... It's handling is much worse than the handling of the Vortex...
It's solid to weapons, but not solid to cars (when driving it to any car, you can see the interior of the car, and also the driver if the car is low enough to see in 1st. Person View).
However, it's like a hovercraft that came from the future... But why it existed in SA? I dunno... One can tell me, "is this was the previous 'Black Project'?"?
You can fetch it with a cheating device, and the "No Doors on Cars" code if you'd like.

------------------------
Why you can't get it
------------------------

Pretty much the same as the FBI Truck, you can't touch it without a cheating device...
For me, it was going to be the previous "Black Project", because it's really something
more weirder than a JetPack... Because of it's total weirdness, it didn't make it to the game... That's the weirdest single thing in SA...

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Krawk @ Mar 10 2010, 08:21)
Black Maverick Credit modified... how do you pass the mission after getting one?

Here are the videos (parts 1 and 2) that show how to pass the mission, and still obtain the Black Maverick.

QUOTE (Krawk @ Mar 10 2010, 08:21)
I assume you saw my write up on this in the other thread, because the minigun shoots so fast it is sometimes hard to gauge how many rounds are needed, very easy to destroy the chopper and get 2 stars, so I suggested minigun until the sound of the chopper changes then use an M4 or such, couple more little shots to ground it.

Yep, sounds cool, but I havenít tried it. smile.gif

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

I advise people to see this latest page of the topic about the Proofed Cars from Jealous Girlfriends... Guess what's unusual there... Yep, System Error is back to the party!

System Error
  • System Error

Oh yeah.

• Members

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:06 PM Edited by System Error, 13 March 2010 - 10:49 PM.

Indeed I am. Been a while, and something like this is just the thing I was looking for. smile.gif A few things...

- I did mention quite a bit of the unreliability in the guide. It's just that it's so inconvenient to deal with Doherty all the time, to the point where it's not really worth it.
- I put down the BP/FP/EP Savanna, BP/FP/EP Fortune, BP/FP/EP Elegy, and BP Walton are meleeproof...anyone wanna double-check?
- What's this about the impound lots?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:53 AM Edited by OrionSR, 25 March 2010 - 10:41 PM.

Yes. As best as I can tell from the game scripts, it looks like those three vehicles are melee proof. Here's a list I compiled of the various proof vehicles I could find in the script. I've got no idea how, if, or when these codes are actually implement. I just searched for the immunity codes and tried to identify which vehicle was proofed.

The flags here are: BP/FP/EP/CP/MP

Lowrider Game: Player's car; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Lowrider Game: Opponent's Remington; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Lowrider Game: Cesar's Savanna; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Beefy Baron: RC Baron; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0

Drive-Thru: Sweet's Car; 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
Nines And AK's: Tampa; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Cesar Vialpando: Remington; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Cesar Vialpando: Savanna; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Los Sepulcros: Admiral; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Gray Imports: Player's Car; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
Robbing Uncle Sam: Forklift; 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
Robbing Uncle Sam: Mule; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
Robbing Uncle Sam: Patriots; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1/0, 0, 0, 0, 0 (changes quickly)
OG Loc: OG Loc's PCJ-600; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Running Dog: Sentinel; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Wrong Side of the Tracks: Train and Carriages; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Wrong Side of the Tracks: Sanchez; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Just Business: Smoke's BF-400; 0, 1, 1, 1, 1/1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Just Business: Packer; 0, 1, 1, 1, 1
Just Business: Sultans; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Just Business: Mafia's BF-400s; 0, 1, 1, 1, 0
Just Business: Sultan; 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
Just Business: Sultan; 0, 1, 1, 1, 0
Just Business: Mafia's BF-400s; 0, 1, 1, 1, 0
Just Business: Sultans; 0, 1, 0, 0, 0
House Party: Sweet's Greenwood; 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
House Party: Voodoos; 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
House Party: Tahomas; 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
Races: unknown vehicles; 0, 0, 0, 1, 0/0, 1, 0, 0, 0
Races: Woozie's Fortune/Elegy/Cesar's Savanna (others?); 1, 1, 1, 0, 1
High Stakes Lowrider: Cesar's Savanna; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
High Stakes Lowrider: Majestic; 1, 1, 1, 0, 1
High Stakes Lowrider: Remington; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
High Stakes Lowrider: Majestic; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
High Stakes Lowrider: Blade; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: Police Maverick; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
Reuniting The Families: Sweet's Car; 0, 1, 1, 1, 1/1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: LAPD Car; 0, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: Train; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: Cop Bikes; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: LAPD Car; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
Reuniting The Families: Police Maverick; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (splatter)
Reuniting The Families: Tanker; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: Tanker Trailer; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Reuniting The Families: Greenwood; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
The Green Sabre: Bravura; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
The Green Sabre: Sabres; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
The Green Sabre: Sentinels; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Badlands: Sanchez; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Small Town Bank: Cop Bikes; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Tanker Commander: Tanker; 1, 0, 0, 0, 0
Tanker Commander: Tanker Trailer; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Tanker Commander: Sabre; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Tanker Commander: Sadler; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Are you going to San Fierro?: Mothership; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
Are you going to San Fierro?: Sadler; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0

Wear Flowers In Your Hair: RC Raider; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
555 WE TIP: Merit; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Mountain Cloud Boys: Esperanto/Sentinel; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Lure: Rancher; 0, 1, 1, 1, 1
The Da Nang Thang: Maverick; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Ryder's Picador; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: T-Bone's ZR 350; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Jizzy's Broadway; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Toreno's Washington; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Photo Opportunity: Cesar's Savanna; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Outrider: Rumpo; 0, 1, 0, 1, 0/0, 1, 0, 0, 0
Toreno's Last Flight: Maverick; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
T-Bone Mendez: Boxville; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
T-Bone Mendez: FCR 900s; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Air Raid: RC Barons; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0/0, 1, 1, 0, 0
Supply Lines: Topfun; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Supply Lines: RC Baron; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
Supply Lines: Topfuns; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
New Model Army: RC Bandit; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
New Model Army: RC Goblin; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Interdiction: Leviathan; 0, 0, 0, 1, 0
Stowaway: Andromeda; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Black Project: Mothership, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

You've Had Your Chips: Admiral; 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
You've Had Your Chips: Admiral "G1RUYHUN"; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Saint Mark's Bistro; Sentinel; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Saint Mark's Bistro; Shamal; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Misappropriation: Mavericks; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Misappropriation: Buffalo; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
High Noon: Buffalo; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Madd Dogg, Walton; 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
Up, Up and Away!: Leviathan; 1, 1, 1, 1, 0/1, 1, 1, 1, 1

Cut Throat Business: News Van; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Cut Throat Business: Vortexes (Vortices?); 1, 1, 1, 1, 1/0, 0, 0, 1, 0
Beat Down on B Dup: Infernus; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Los Desperados: Glendale; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
End Of The Line (1): Sweet's Greenwood; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
End Of The Line (1): Swat Van; 1, 1, 0, 0, 0
End Of The Line (3): Firetruck LA; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
End Of The Line (3): Feltzer; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1/0, 1, 1, 1, 1
End Of The Line (3): Train; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
End Of The Line (3): LSPD Cars; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
End Of The Line (3): Tornadoes; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0
End Of The Line (3): Sanchezes; 0, 1, 1, 0, 0

Firefighter: unknown; 0, 1, 0, 0, 0 (burning vehicles levels 1 and 2)
Kickstart: Sanchez; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Beat the Cock!: Opponent's Mt Bikes; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Chiliad Challenge: Opponent's Mt Bikes; 0, 1, 0, 0, 0

Smoke's Courier: Patriot; 1, 1, 1, 0, 1
Smoke's Courier: Sanchez; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Girlfriend Dates: Hustler/Bandito/Monster/Romero/Police Ranger/Feltzer; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
Girlfriend Sex: Player's Car; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2010 - 06:01 AM

Perhaps I didn't look close enough but why isn't the Combine Harvester mentioned as being proofed when you have to steal it for The Truth? Maybe it's only on Xbox but I'm sure it's Bullet Poof - BP.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:37 AM Edited by OrionSR, 14 March 2010 - 07:39 AM.

I checked again and couldn't find any proofs applied to the Body Harvest combine. Perhaps the combines get some proofing applied by the engine, like the tanks do, but I doubt it. It's more likely that the 9000 health applied to that vehicle masks the damage of your attacks.

Diego Mustard
  • Diego Mustard

Ultimate Criminal

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (System Error @ Mar 14 2010, 00:06)
Indeed I am. Been a while, and something like this is just the thing I was looking for. smile.gif A few things...

- I did mention quite a bit of the unreliability in the guide. It's just that it's so inconvenient to deal with Doherty all the time, to the point where it's not really worth it.
- I put down the BP/FP/EP Savanna, BP/FP/EP Fortune, BP/FP/EP Elegy, and BP Walton are meleeproof...anyone wanna double-check?
- What's this about the impound lots?

Simply, bring a modded car, let's say to color combinations... Or bring the Mothership to work...

Go to the bike school in LV, park the Mothership beside the school, and go and activate a test, then do whatever you want in it... Now, get out and get one of the bikes parked outside, then head to the Impound lot in LV (which is in Emerald Isle, I think). Kill every police man there, preferably with the silenced pistol, and don't get in when you have a star.. Just wait till it goes off... Go deeper to the impound lot, to find out that your Mothership parked there...

Simple, huh? Don't be afraid from the policemen, they behave differently than those normal ones. They wait for a delay with their guns pointed at you, call for backup, then you get 3 stars.. Nothing else... I don't know if proofings will be kept this way, but cool...

You can try it with a modded normal car if you'd like...

laezy
  • laezy

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

DREVIL919 had pointed in this post of his in the Chain game lounge that the Proofed cars acquired from jealous girlfriends were undamaged in spite of being hit by Rhino tanks. So i went ahead and did some testing with BP cars from my own 100% save game in which i had collected some of these special vehicles. What i found was that, cars having Damage proof properties(BP/FP/EP/DP) including the FP/EP/DP Rancher from Lure, were immune to Rhino attacks, while BP/FP/EP but not DP (like the ELegy from WuZiMu) cars were not. So can we infer that,

BP/EP/FP/DP = Immune to both crashing and cannon fire of Rhino tank
BP/EP/FP = Vulnerable to Rhino crash but immune to Cannon fire.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (laezy @ Mar 14 2010, 10:03)
DREVIL919 had pointed in this post of  his in the Chain game lounge that the Proofed cars acquired from jealous girlfriends were undamaged in spite of being hit by Rhino tanks. So i went ahead and did some testing with BP cars from my own 100% save game in which i had collected some of these special vehicles.  What i found was that, cars having  Damage proof properties(BP/FP/EP/DP) including the FP/EP/DP Rancher from Lure, were immune to Rhino attacks, while BP/FP/EP but not DP (like the ELegy from WuZiMu) cars were not. So can we infer that,

icon14.gif
That is true. I just have taken proofed Tampa for the spin, bumped dozen Rhinos and no damage at all. Every guide insisted that no car is rhinoproof, so I have never tried it before.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 14 2010, 06:53)

Here's a list I compiled of the various proof vehicles I could find in the script. I've got no idea how, if, or when these codes are actually implement. I just searched for the immunity codes and tried to identify which vehicle was proofed. 

Nice list. cookie.gif

Are you sure, that you have not overlooked Waltons from mission Don Peyote? These seemd to be resistant to everything, even to destroy all cars cheat.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (laezy @ Mar 14 2010, 09:03)

It's simply that a DP vehicle is Rhinoproof that's why it's DP. An EP one is only explosive abuse protected, but not on repeated physical (non-explosive contact) abuse.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Mar 14 2010, 05:54)
Are you sure, that you have not overlooked Waltons from mission Don Peyote? These seemd to be resistant to everything, even to destroy all cars cheat.

Immunities are not applied during Don Peyote. Perhaps this code is protecting the Waltons: 03F5: set_car 79@ apply_damage_rules 0

Be sure to take the proofing list with a grain of salt. It's often very difficult to figure out what the scripts are doing so there is liable to be some inconsistencies. There's a very good chance that some code are never implemented, only active during particular parts of the mission, or are active so briefly that you'll never get your hands on the car before it gets unproofed.

And if you are all that curious about it then download Sanny Builder and decompile your own scripts. You can even decompile PS2 scripts - although it's difficult to do anything with them other than look around.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

Orion is right. Some of those in the list actually did not have the proofings applied all, well at least on PS2 v1.0.

I made some tests last night on at least two of them and nowhere did I encounter the proofings, like the Sanchez courier and the Runnig Dog Sentinel.

I just thought that it's really kind of strange that bikes are proofed also. Well in VCS the bike can get destroyed.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Mar 15 2010, 09:00)
Orion is right. Some of those in the list actually did not have the proofings applied all, well at least on PS2 v1.0.

I made some tests last night on at least two of them and nowhere did I encounter the proofings, like the Sanchez courier and the Runnig Dog Sentinel.

I just thought that it's really kind of strange that bikes are proofed also. Well in VCS the bike can get destroyed.

Yeah, I have sometimes destroyed courier's Sancherz with heat seeking missilie. Still, when you close up to the courier, you get the message that you have to kill him, etc, at this point proofings can be removed (latter you cannot let this Sanchez go too far, or the mission fails).
But Sanchez is moot point, anyway.
The Lowrider Game and HotCoffee are interesting. I remember that these two remove proofings from your car, game probably first puts proofing on the car and then removes it all, so you loose the ones you had earlier.
We need somehow to break one of these cutscenes, without killing CJ. I wonder if jelaous girlfriend can catch up with CJ during hot coffee's hovering cam cutscene.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:04 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 March 2010 - 01:34 AM.

The Running Dog Sentinel gets proofed during the cut-scene when the target has reached the destination and is running up the ramp. After the cut-scene the car is gone but perhaps a blow up all cars cheat can keep the wreck on the map so it can be pushed to a garage. I tried a number of non-cheat methods, including tow-truck and tractor (won't connect), and sniping the driver out of the car at various stages of the chase, but didn't have any luck.

The Robbing Uncle Sam Patriots are only proofed long enough for the game to put the army peds in the vehicle. I doubt there will ever be enough time to prevent the removal of the immunities.

Mountain Cloud Boys Sentinel is the car brought to be used by CJ and Woozie to escape. It is proofed while the enemy Triads are still alive. During this time the car's doors are locked and the vehicle is stuck in place. I couldn't move it by pushing with cars or on foot, towing, or shotgun. Oops, this is listed in 7.03 or 7.04 (numbering seems off a bit).

The Photo Opportunity cars are proofed while CJ is stuck in camera view. They are always gone when he can move again. Blow Up All Cars didn't leave any wrecks lying about.

The strategy I'm using to identify when the immunities are added or removed is to edit the scripts to add text messages after the immunity codes are implemented.

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (pomor @ Mar 15 2010, 17:32)
The Lowrider Game and HotCoffee are interesting. I remember that these two remove proofings from your car, game probably first puts proofing on the car and then removes it all, so you loose the ones you had earlier.
We need somehow to break one of these cutscenes, without killing CJ. I wonder if jelaous girlfriend can catch up with CJ during hot coffee's hovering cam cutscene.

Never knew about the Lowrider game removing the proofings in a car. Hot Coffee does so only if you reply positively.

I was actually thinking of exploiting the undrowning technique of Phreak to possibly keep the proofings of a vehicle when you drive a gf home while you're in grey hell. I thought maybe that the vehicle's data might be read as in a destroyed state from the time it falls into the water until you drive home the gf while in grey hell. So this might somehow preserve the special properties while the proofings are applied during the cutscene. But it seems that only a chopper can be used to move around grey hell and if at all the home sphere would acknowledge your touching base via underground.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:34 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 March 2010 - 06:27 AM.

Updates on a few of the vehicles on the immunity list:

Chiliad Challenge: opponent's Mt Bikes are FP.
Triathlon's: opponent's Mt Bike's are BP/FP/EP/CP/MP.
Firefighter: Burning cars spawned during levels 1 and 2 are fireproof.

Supply Lines BP/FP/EP/CP/MP Topfun is the one seen during the cut-scene. It gets moved to 600 meters above Zero's shop during the mission. The other Topfuns are FP/EP but don't seem to stick around long enough to acquire.

The 1st Admiral seen in You've Had Your Chips is EP until CJ enter the warehouse. Dipping it in water doesn't seem to wreck it enough to prevent the removal of the proofing. The 2nd Admiral is seen after most of the machines are destroyed. It is BP/FP/EP/CP/MP until it stops moving. If satchels are used and to destroy the machines then CJ can be outside where it spawns when the detonation destroys the machines and there's no one in the car, but it's locked and won't move. I'm not sure what to do with it.

Added: The Sanchez in Smoke's Courier mission is immune to attacks until CJ is within 80 meters of the target. Until then the driver is immune to attacks, is stuck on the bike, and doesn't drown in water.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:20 AM

"Firefighter: Burning cars spawned during levels 1 and 2 are fireproof."

Anyone else wtf when seeing that at first glance? I get it now though, looked funny

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

As far as why the Waltons are "proofed" in Don Peyote but not in the scripts, probably they don't even register as cars until after the cutscene.

Hey Orion, could you look at Management Issues specifically? I'd swear someone had posted the cars (Elegants?) the other security guys are driving are everything proofed at one point.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 March 2010 - 04:33 PM Edited by Krawk, 25 March 2010 - 09:44 PM.

Edited 3/24, the Forklift,
Disregard edit. Forklift Spawn does appear to be directional, if you approach from water it doesn't seem to be there but if you drive in from the land side it is there.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

The Waltons in Don Peyote are probably getting their damage protection from a code the doesn't involve the immunities that we can save. I provided my best guess in a previous post.

I have looked through the entire script from beginning to end and recorded all the missions that use the immunity codes on cars. There might be some confusion within a mission about which cars are getting proofed, but I don't think anyone will find immunity codes listed in missions I didn't list. If you have questions about a specific mission then check it yourself. It's not that difficult. You don't need any special knowledge about coding to search of immunity codes.

The NRG Challenge does not unlock any vehicles. That forklift should always be present. However, it is just a normal spawn and may or may not appear when you arrive.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (System Error @ Mar 13 2010, 18:06)

Show of hands please, up for yes or down for no, who has had problems with the Doherty garage? My hand is down, I have never had a problem with it but then again I also follow my own advice which is posted as the topic opener. The biggest thing is not using the road that goes behind it, you have to think hard to remember not to. Driving down the main road/side is a little safer but I still cut it a bit wide just to be sure.

With a few more unique vehicles to snatch and all the GF cars, using this garage is unavoidable even to you cry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users