Quantcast

» «
Photo

PS3 What're the first things you'll do on TBoGT?

62 replies to this topic
johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

The DLC is coming out soon on the PS3 and Iím sure a lot of people are excited by it and canít wait to play it. Iím really curious about it. I donít think Iíll bother with the story modes of either to begin with Ė Iíll save those for the next time the network goes down. Iíve put together a mental list of things I want to try or find out about in TBoGT:

Vehicles
-I want to try the police Stinger. The stats are impressive:

http://www.gta4.net/...e=on&Braking=on

compare it to the GTAIV cars:

http://www.gta4.net/...e=on&Braking=on

That must be a beast of a car. Itís faster than a comet. The armoured car needs checking out too, but it looks like one big moving target to me.

- I have to try a the new helicopters. The buzzard looks like it could be fun for stunt flying. Iím not sure about the annihilator though. Aiming is going to be a pig if you canít see your bullets.

Weapons
- I want to see how big and dangerous an explosion I can cause with the sticky bombs and I want to experiment with the uses of those things - Iíve got some quite evil ideas.
- the sniper rifle with the explosive rounds looks great.

Map
- I want to check out the new interiors and the yacht.
- parachute and jump locations need attention. Itíll be cool to jump out of a helicopter with a parachute on.

I think thatís about it. I was planning to open a private freemode and check out all the above at my leisure, but maybe a group of people would be more fun, I donít know. Itíll be really interesting also to see if there are any differences between the PS3 and the Xbox versions.

One last thing. Thereís been helicopter domination in freemode for ages. I canít help thinking that all those non-pilots that have been used for target practice for ages are going to get into buzzards and thereís going to be a big war on PS3 between them and the pilots we have now. It could get really interesting.

So whatís your list? What do you want to try? Have you got any predictions?

mylungsareburnin
  • mylungsareburnin

You can hide, but you can't run.

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

definitely, the explosive sniper is great but not as good as the explosive sniper on single player. As far as pilots go, even I get pilot kills now, not circling but being a rocket whore...That is the going term for holding down the x button on the 360 when in the buzzard. The buzzard is very light and takes little damage to set it ablaze and if an elite pilot is circling in the buzzard the explosive sniper takes it out of its flight pattern so its a great equalizer of course if they are using rockets you better not the be the one they are shooting at.

But you will enjoy it, the single player on both campaigns is first rate and the auto shotty on tlad is the BEST GUN EVER.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

Thanks for the spoiler post confused.gif

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

A Stinger once out ran me while I was in the buzzard.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:11 PM

The first thing I'll do when I get EFLC is play TLAD story then TBOGT story. Shame on the guys who go straight to MP.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

LaD SP, LaD MP, BoGT SP, BoGT MP, then LaD and BoGT together with IV:MP til the next GTA.

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ߡηDϊ«Ňtε-

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

After SP
Get a feel for the new vehicles and weapons. Oh! and check out the new interiors.

mylungsareburnin
  • mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Mar 5 2010, 18:37)

I did not spoil anything.

dotCody
  • dotCody

Red Dead Cowboy

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

Spawn the Buzzard and go ape sh*t.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (mylungsareburnin @ Mar 5 2010, 23:13)
QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Mar 5 2010, 18:37)

I did not spoil anything.

My post was directed at the OP, however your post could be argued either way...

Some (me) consider game features, vehicles and weapons a spoilable feature... i go out of my way not to learn about gtas i haven't played yet.

My post was intended to be tongue in cheek... so pls don't take offence

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

No offence taken Spuds, but the irony of your comment doesn't respond to my OP, but rather the various links above and to the left that provide masses of information on TBoGT. We all know about TBoGT by now I'm sure. I was just interested in what people wanted to do most.

Charger: I thought that stinger would probably give a buzzard a run for its money.

mylungsareburnin
  • mylungsareburnin

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (llCHARGERll @ Mar 5 2010, 19:27)
A Stinger once out ran me while I was in the buzzard.

they must have had a big head start then.

a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

Happy for you PS3 guys. You're going to have a blast! I kind of take for granted all the extra features BoGT has as I never go back to IV anymore for multiplayer.

Flying the Buzzard for the first time... biggrin.gif You lucky lot!

Oh, & anyone complaining about spoilers probably shouldn't be on an internet forum about said subject. Least of all, going around & clicking on all the various links & topics about that subject. sarcasm.gif

bigmike72
  • bigmike72

your mom was awesome

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:52 AM

Play the story beat it and then get to multiplayer.

XZGamer71
  • XZGamer71

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

I've always wanted to go around LC on FM with my mate and just ride around on a bike owning. I've wanted to do it on IV but I scratched my disk (Dw, i'm extra responsible with disks now smile.gif ) So when I get EFLC, i'll do just that.

And also do the story... Of course.

DA_PUNISHER88
  • DA_PUNISHER88

THE MF MAN

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:35 AM

Im sorry I have been outta the loop on here, but when was this confirmed to be releasing on PS3? Can I get a link please?

Also coming from someone that has all the DLC and gta on both 360 and ps3 you guys will love it at first, but will find yourself going back to plain ol gtaiv I promise.

And yes the auto shotty in TLAD is BEASSSSTTTT!!! Put it on the smallest location and put blimps on far and hide in interiors and blast fools when they come through the door. Not usually my style but its hilarious.

Sticky bombs are awesome.

Any newb can get into the buzzard and get a kill easy, there is no reload for the guns or rockets, its going to be crazy online.. But the annihilator still rules all. If your good at flying you can take out buzzards all day.

dotCody
  • dotCody

Red Dead Cowboy

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (DA_PUNISHER88 @ Mar 8 2010, 00:35)
Im sorry I have been outta the loop on here, but when was this confirmed to be releasing on PS3? Can I get a link please?

January 29th, 2010

IGN Daily Fix

Rockstar Games
http://www.rockstarg...tation_3_and_pc

ScoobydooWRX
  • ScoobydooWRX

0-60 in 4.8

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (DA_PUNISHER88 @ Mar 8 2010, 08:35)

Any newb can get into the buzzard and get a kill easy, there is no reload for the guns or rockets, its going to be crazy online.. But the annihilator still rules all. If your good at flying you can take out buzzards all day.

What about if there is an elite pilot in a buzzard? surely then the annihilator will not be rulling, unlimited rockets, better manouverability, miniguns?

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (ScoobydooWRX @ Mar 8 2010, 11:34)

What about if there is an elite pilot in a buzzard? surely then the annihilator will not be rulling, unlimited rockets, better manouverability, miniguns?

You forgot: Lower speed. - The buzzard is about as fast as the maverick.
Another reason to go for the annihilator.

durian22
  • durian22

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

i am dying to get my hands on the new content...

what am i gonna do first?

get my ass shot time after time and cause much mayhem where ever possible.

bring it on, i cant wait to go online with it the first weekend, and i shall be online until i either fall asleep at the controller or die of starvation cos i cant be bothered to go to the kitchen

inlove.gif

DA_PUNISHER88
  • DA_PUNISHER88

THE MF MAN

• Members

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (ScoobydooWRX @ Mar 8 2010, 11:34)

the buzzard is pretty slow, while the annihilator has greater speed over it. the guns are far better on the buzzard when it comes to shooting and the range on the bullets are surpass the range of a regular annihilators bullets at least i think they are(i have never test it), but the thing is that annihilator on TBOGT has explosive rounds like on TLAD which most of you know that they cut the range on the bullets pretty short.. So i dont suggest going heads up with an buzzard, instead out fly the person. You have speed over them fact. So fly up real high while buzzard is trying to keep to get height now would be a good time to dive down on them and let them have it with the explosive rounds, but remember the rage on them are damn near cut in half so you have to get pretty damn close. Get them off guard and go heads up right at them or out fly them an get close enough to damage the heli from the side or the back.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

I Love Pony Farming

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

I'll spend some time parachuting out of buildings/helicopters smile.gif

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (DA_PUNISHER88 @ Mar 8 2010, 03:35)
Also coming from someone that has all the DLC and gta on both 360 and ps3 you guys will love it at first, but will find yourself going back to plain ol gtaiv I promise.

Yeah I think the same thing. I loved them, the stories are great, but the MP gets old cause not a lot play them and there isn't very much of it like the original. It is really good when you first get them though, I just wish there more modes and more people played them. The only thing I still play on TBOGT is free mode and I'm not too much of a free mode player usually.
If I were you guys I'd play TLAD before TBOGT and do the stories first. I say this because once you get a taste of the new weapons and vehicles it's kind of a let down when you finally get them in game. Whereas if you progress in the stories and get them 1 at a time, they are really great.
That's just me though.

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

I'll do the first mission. What else?

DA_PUNISHER88
  • DA_PUNISHER88

THE MF MAN

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

So who is just going to download them both? Or are you going to go buy the actual disc?

Rent>A<Line99
  • Rent>A<Line99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Me?
I'm jumping straight into TBoGT ( T-Bogged... get it?) multiplayer!
f*ck the natural order of things; f*ck doing story mode first! f*ck all who frown upon me for doing so!
I'm going to have a grand time- first and foremost.

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ߡηDϊ«Ňtε-

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:12 PM Edited by SICKRAGE, 09 March 2010 - 11:17 PM.

QUOTE (Rent>A<Line99 @ Mar 9 2010, 14:24)
TBoGT ( T-Bogged... get it?)

Yeah!, looks kinda like it could say T-bag'd. lol

On topic: I'm a huge fan of the gta franchise, been playing it since the original Top down gta. I wouldn't miss the new story for anything. It's the best way to be introduced to the new weapons, vehicles and interiors. (imo)

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

About what to buy, I've bought a number of games, played them for a couple of hours and then put them in a box and gone back to GTA. That in mind, GTA represents good value for money for me, so I'll get the DLC and I'll get the damn discs too.

Can't help thinking about IED (improvised explosives device) possibilities with those sticky bombs. I really want to take out that armoured car with those, if possible. I just love explosions, even if I get killed in the process.

SICKRAGE
  • SICKRAGE

-TώΪςτξD ߡηDϊ«Ňtε-

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:40 AM Edited by SICKRAGE, 10 March 2010 - 02:22 AM.

Question: Does the sticky bomb have a remote trigger, or is it timed? monocle.gif

llCHARGERll
  • llCHARGERll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (SICKRAGE @ Mar 10 2010, 01:40)
Question: Does the sticky bomb have a remote trigger, or is it timed? monocle.gif

You can remotely detonate it by pressing down on d-pad or it eventually blows up after about two minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users