» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto: UK

85 replies to this topic
Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:31 PM Edited by Tigernose, 14 March 2010 - 02:17 AM.

Hey guys, this is my first post. I've been reading the forums for a long time, but I made an account today, and was always hoping to project this idea.

So, GTA V in the UK? Sounds bad, right? I'll give you some back-info. Blu-Ray discs can hold 5 times as much data than the discs that Xbox 360 uses. So, if Rockstar do set the next game in London, why not use the PlayStation 3's supeiror storage space to make a nationwide game? A lot of people want London, but quite a lot of UK residents want their hometown, so it wouldn't too much of a hassle to ask for a nationwide game, would it? California (San Andreas) is actually larger than Britain itself, so size wouldn't be a problem for two reasons: Rockstar did this with San Andreas and PS3s have Blu-Ray storage space.

Rockstar already hinted the storage space on the Xbox is too small for their games, and they can't do anything about it apart from dumb it down for the Xbox 360: http://ps3.kombo.com....php?artid=6694

So, we've got the size of the nation sorted, so what should we include.

For all youse preassumptious Yanks or foreigners, here's the best thread in the world to counter all of your agruments against GTA going over the pond: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=160361

So we've got the arguments sorted. If you wish, complain about London and I'll counter everything for you.

So here's my idea, I will elaborate later if I feel the need to, after all I'm new to gtaforums.com and I really can't be bothered to do anything major yet...

Locations

Cities

London: GTA shouldn't use real city names in my opinion, but I'll use London for now... So, we've got the West, North, South, and East. Everywhere apart from the centre you get chavs. And lots of them... Chavs stand for Council House Vermin or something like that. Essentially, they are schoolkids clad with Carbrini using any peice of Slang they can make up. Really, the latest slang is beats, which means getting beat up. Anyways, in the Deep West (Southall, Ealing, Hounslow) you get secondary school low-life chavs. In the South you get Jamaicans, in the North you get the Camden Town crazies and the true crime lies up there. The East is home to Cockney chavs, like the ones you see in EastEnders. The Centre is home to historic landmarks that no Londoners care about (but could be a great host for terrorist attacks, like a suicide bomber on the London Eye).

Cardiff: Going to Wales, we've got Cardiff, truly an amazing city. It's extremely modern, but has its fair share of castles as well. Imagine meeting hooligans in the Millenium Stadium or instead of meeting them, shoot the hell out of their heads. This city is for its landscape. Going north to Tongwynlias and driving off the castle, or base jumping off the Millenium Plaza skyscrapers? Your call. Pretty versatile, so a handy location.

Edinburgh: It's a hilly city, so a lot of action here coupled with scenery. The Scottish accent isn't as abundant here as it is in the other towns, but you still get the ocassional ginger laddie telling you to hoot off. Scotland is known for its Labour parties, so gangs are heavily revolved around trying to dominate the area with their ethics and standards, so you're immediately in a conflict between the Scottish gangs.

Towns

Manchestpool: So it's Northwest. It's based off Manchester, but has Scouse accents too and the seaside. It serves as the direct route to Belfast and discreetly references Liverpool, although most American players would just think it's some weird-ass accent in this city. Has two football stadiums, and most missions revolve around you assassinating club chairmen or sabotage a match, or maybe even blowing up a stadium.

Newcastle: So it's just pure Geordie candy. Make fun of everything you go along in this small seaside town. You've got a lot of Geordie gangs here battling for turf. Essentially a side-order, nothing really affects the character but a good place for scenery and background information.

Glasgodeen: It's a heavier Scottish accent here, and to the north are the Highlands. There's a lot of action and adventure here, and oppurtunity for some epic characters here a la Captain MacMillan. The cities itself are pretty dense and full of diversity.

Story

You start off in the year 2001, 16 years old, and you're the typical, smart kid thrown into the world of chavs. You pass secondary school in West London, but you don't get any GSCEs or anything, and your life is heading for the worst. You decide crime is the way forward, so you bike around the town (a little like San Andreas), but get a driving licence (possibly a mini-game) and then go Grand Theft Auto! You get in a deal with some Yardies down South and start inflitrating warehouses and crap, a little like the Faustin to Manny transition in IV.

2005, 20 years old, and you're stuck up in Camden Town dealing with punks and maddos. Crime life up there is horrid, I know myself, so you've gone a lot more brutal. People are after you because you killed a gang leader in Camden who controlled the drug market (no wonder everybody in Camden is crazy), so you evacuate to Cardiff. You're more in control of your life than a gang leader was, and you meet your old friend from school. You start making your own decisions.

It's 2013 and London is back with a new skyline. Bishopsgate Tower and the Shard (google them); London changed and it's opened a door for you. This is where the "Lock & Stock" Guy Ritchie action starts. This time you're dealing with real bosses, you become a hired gun and forget your past.

WORKING PROGRESS

[/SIZE]

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

Welcome to the forum smile.gif If a GTA game is to be set I'd prefer to see it focus on London rather than multiple cities. As fantastic as San Andreas was, one of the problems I had with it were the the cities, they felt incomplete unlike IV's rendition of Liberty City. What I'm getting at is yes, the UK has some fantastic cities, but there would be too much missing from them to utilise their full potential.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

not bad idea however, i think if they set it in Liverpool it would get a huge amount of controversy if it displayed gang warfare there after Rhys Jones .

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

It should be London, Manchester and Glasgow , separated by english country side (fields,woodland,rivers,farms), af ew small villages, and further up north ther should be a smallish grotty little mill town.

and its Council House And Violent

deathil93
  • deathil93

WASOOOME!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

Nice idea but I'm against it.
The UK sounds pretty dull IMHO, even with your description and explanations. If you want wide open areas you already have SA (which many anticipate it to be the next city, including yours truly).
To simply put it, by the opinion of many, the UK is over crowded and over developed, sure it has plenty of country side, but you can't see the UK as a setting for a game like GTA. It just doesn't feel right game wise. A good example is GTA IV, yeah sure it had ALOT of detail but it was just simply kinda boring after you finish the storyline, even with the side missions.
BUT, I wouldn't mind seeing the UK as a setting inside a mission. TBH, it would be the most awesome thing ever. Like the mission in GTA SA where you travel to Liberty City to take out some rivals. The US is the perfect place for GTA, because the US is a little of everything, a little British, a little Russian, a little African, you name it.

If any, the best place outside of the US for a setting is Russia. There is so much crime, so much scenery, so much epicness that it's like an extra-large US.

Also, maybe PS3s have blue rays but X360s and PCs (at least not all of them) don't. Rockstar/Take2 will never make GTA a PS3 exclusive and won't make it exclusive to any console for that matter because they will loose too much money.

P.S
Welcome to the forums smile.gif

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:12 PM Edited by 02fishera, 05 March 2010 - 08:15 PM.

QUOTE (deathil93 @ Mar 4 2010, 18:58)
The UK sounds pretty dull IMHO, even with your description and explanations. If you want wide open areas you already have SA (which many anticipate it to be the next city, including yours truly).
To simply put it, by the opinion of many, the UK is over crowded and over developed, sure it has plenty of country side, but you can't see the UK as a setting for a game like GTA. It just doesn't feel right game wise. A good example is GTA IV, yeah sure it had ALOT of detail but it was just simply kinda boring after you finish the storyline, even with the side missions.

Can I just ask, have you ever been to the UK? Its far from dull, with the olympics coming and its notorious criminal history, a place like London would be a great setting with even more potential than somewhere like Moscow. Sure the UK is crowded, but that doesn't make it over developed, if anything there's more more developement to be done. As for your point about it not feeling right for a game, I can imagine speeding down the GTA equivilent of the M25, (A motorway that circles London for those that don't know) or picking off a target with a sniper rifle from R*'s version of the London Eye. Finally I wouldn't worry about it being boring after the story, I'm sure that R* would add more side missions after the critism they recieved about there not being enough to do away from the story in IV.

In case anyone thinks that I'm contridicting my earlier post, my view on this topic is:

London YES, Multiple UK cities NO

@ vincentmillidge - Chav stands for Council House Attitude Violence or Council House Association Vermin

Revolver
  • Revolver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hey mate, welcome to the forums, I'm new myself smile.gif

I must admit I've always thought about GTA being set in the UK. Obviously Rockstar would use London as the base for the game due to the varied culture, high life and criminality that's found there. But I worry that it could turn out to be a bit of a cockney nightmare, full of clich's like a Danny Dyer film.
Other than that, I can't imagine any other city that would be worth using. Like brownbear stated, Liverpool wouldn't be a wise choice after the murder of Rhys Jones and it supposedly being the capital of culture. And being from Manchester myself, I personally don't think it's a big enough and varied city to be used in a GTA game.

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

Official LC Hotdog Stand Explosive Defuser

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

I'm both British and Patriotic but I think GTA: UK would be boring although in Roman Numerals (III - IV - V.etc.), U is often translated into V so UK, would be quite convenient although lost on people.

I think unless it concentrated just on London, (or Manchester, Liverpool.etc.) like has already been suggested, a British GTA would be boring - for example, where I live has a mugging maybe once every six - eight months, and the worst that has even occured is a stabbing at a supermarket when the security guard tried to stop a drunk.

Not really very exciting, (although I'm sure a good Protagonist could reap chaos anywhere!).

EDIT: Thinking about it, any large city would be too similiar to LC - I want somewhere completely different. (And hopefully more fictional because while LC was great, I think a fictional (totally fictional) city could be much more varied.)

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:31 PM

It doesn't matter how much space PC disks have because you install it onto the hard drive using several disks sigh.gif

Also, it wouldn't be 'GTA UK' if it didn't have Northern Ireland in it.

So in my opinion the cities should be London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast (capitals of each UK country).
The first three would be connected by land with towns and country in between
but Belfast would separated by water to the north west of Cardiff and south west of Edinburgh.

Not my ideal GTA location but my ideal GTA UK location.

lethal443
  • lethal443

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:25 PM

Less talk of chav more of gangstas. Im think more Snatch and lock stock. cool.gif

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:51 PM

BUT, I wouldn't mind seeing the UK as a setting inside a mission. TBH, it would be the most awesome thing ever. Like the mission in GTA SA where you travel to Liberty City to take out some rivals. The US is the perfect place for GTA, because the US is a little of everything, a little British, a little Russian, a little African, you name it.

If any, the best place outside of the US for a setting is Russia. There is so much crime, so much scenery, so much epicness that it's like an extra-large US.

Also, maybe PS3s have blue rays but X360s and PCs (at least not all of them) don't. Rockstar/Take2 will never make GTA a PS3 exclusive and won't make it exclusive to any console for that matter because they will loose too much money.

P.S
Welcome to the forums smile.gif

I understand your opinion. I too think that GTA's whole point was to poke fun at Americans, but I wouldn't mind a fresh change from the typical Yankee culture. Also, Russia would be a great place for a GTA game, but the whole reason I chose the UK is because of the language barrier. Also, UK is the most diverse nation in the world actually, not America, that is just a preassumption.

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Mar 4 2010, 20:31)
It doesn't matter how much space PC disks have because you install it onto the hard drive using several disks sigh.gif

Also, it wouldn't be 'GTA UK' if it didn't have Northern Ireland in it.

So in my opinion the cities should be London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast (capitals of each UK country).
The first three would be connected by land with towns and country in between
but Belfast would separated by water to the north west of Cardiff and south west of Edinburgh.

Not my ideal GTA location but my ideal GTA UK location.

As I said, I haven't finished yet, and was planning to devise a Northern Ireland location as well into the idea. I was also going to add towns inbetween the capitals like "Manchestpool" and "Birmingham" and "Glasgow".

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

Guys, please bear in mind that this is an unfinished post, and you'll see a lot more of this thread.

So to counter a couple of things. Firstly, the Rhys Jones incident. I chose Liverpool as one component of the Northwest town, because of its accent and its typical "industrial" cultural; Mersyside. This turns out to be a bad decision, so how about a town based upon Manchester, but has Scouse and Mancunian accents. Uses Manchester's landmarks and aspects, but simply places it by the sea. This will be the crossing point across the Irish Sea to Belfast.

Secondly, the Nationwide decision. I'd always thought London was the way forward, but with the capabilities of Blu-Ray discs, Rockstar has to incorporate some nationwide (or even worldwide) element into their games. It doesn't matter if it's the UK or the US, bigger is better for me. The only problem with the worldwide idea would be the language barrier, and also the limitations of a good story... Too many conflicting cultures and storylines won't make it GTA anymore, it would make it more of a FPS storyline, where there isn't one map. For me, lets have a hugely detailed London that we can fit into one DVD, but then just go mad and max it out with a whole nation which can fit into one Blu-Ray disc.
Another way to get around this would be some PS3 DLC rather than IV's Xbox DLC. London cross-platform, but DLC for the PS3 incorporating the UK or whatever nation.

I also want to address the chav vs gangster problem. Here's how I think the story should go through.

You start off in the year 2001, and you're the typical, smart kid thrown into the world of chavs. You pass secondary school in West London, but you don't get any GSCEs or anything, and your life is heading for the worst. You decide crime is the way forward, so you bike around the town (a little like San Andreas), but get a driving licence (possibly a mini-game) and then go Grand Theft Auto! You get in a deal with some Yardies down South and start inflitrating warehouses and crap, a little like the Vlad to Manny transition in IV. 2005, and you're stuck up in Camden Town dealing with punks and maddos. Crime life up there is horrid, I know myself, so you've gone a lot more brutal. Welsh Mafia dons invite you to Cardiff after the whole of Camden Town is after you. So yeah, you voyage around the island and time passes by. It's 2013 and London is back with a new skyline. Bishopsgate Tower and the Shard (google them); London changed and it's opened a door for you. This is where the "Lock & Stock" Guy Ritchie action starts. This time you're dealing with real bosses, you become a hired gun and forget your past.

So that's the story so far, I think it sucks, but it's going to be improved as this is a working progress. You should see a low-quality map soon, but I'm not going to take this seriously, as it is just a bit of fun and just a fan banter and discussion.

Oh and radio, we all know what it's like here. Lazlow replacing Nick Ferrari in a LBC chatshow thing... American songs on Heart... and the rest.

So, what do you guys think so far, and what are your ideas?

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Mar 4 2010, 19:12)

Can I just ask, have you ever been to the UK? Its far from dull, with the olympics coming and its notorious criminal history, a place like London would be a great setting with even more potential than somewhere like Moscow. Sure the UK is crowded, but that doesn't make it over developed, if anything there's more more developement to be done. As for your point about it not feeling right for a game, I can imagine speeding down the GTA equivilent of the M25, (A motorway that circles London for those that don't know) or picking off a target with a sniper rifle from R*'s version of the London Eye. Finally I wouldn't worry about it being boring after the story, I'm would add more side missions after the critism they recieved about there not being enough to do away from the story in IV.

In case anyone thinks that I'm contridicting my earlier post, my view on this topic is:

Your whole idea is great! It's just that my idea of having multiple cities rather than one doesn't mean losing any detail on a single city, thanks to the PS3 (sorry I'm elaborating too much, but I'm trying to emphasise here). My proposed storyline passes through time, so you can see London's development, from the newly constructed Thames Wheel (London Eye) in 2001, to Dick's Tower (London Bridge Shard, yes it looks like an erection ha ha ha...) and from international games in Wembley, to the Olympics in the East. London has too much potential. The whole of the UK in my opinion is like a side-order.

I made a UK thread primarily because I didn't want the same old "London City" thread...

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:21 PM Edited by Tigernose, 04 March 2010 - 10:24 PM.

QUOTE (LordDastardly @ Mar 4 2010, 20:09)
I'm both British and Patriotic but I think GTA: UK would be boring although in Roman Numerals (III - IV - V.etc.), U is often translated into V so UK, would be quite convenient although lost on people.

I think unless it concentrated just on London, (or Manchester, Liverpool.etc.) like has already been suggested, a British GTA would be boring - for example, where I live has a mugging maybe once every six - eight months, and the worst that has even occured is a stabbing at a supermarket when the security guard tried to stop a drunk.

Not really very exciting, (although I'm sure a good Protagonist could reap chaos anywhere!).

EDIT: Thinking about it, any large city would be too similiar to LC - I want somewhere completely different. (And hopefully more fictional because while LC was great, I think a fictional (totally fictional) city could be much more varied.)

Remember, GTA is an exaggeration. I doubt we're going to get some backwater town like Spalding or Oxford incoroporated into a GTA game, so crime isn't a problem first and foremost. And anyways, remember how Niko ravaged Liberty City's dull atmosphere? A protagonist is what it's all about.

I'm still using the UK as a side dish rather than the full-fledged game; I want to focus on London's potential without being the typical London fanboy. PS3 DLC is the best choice at the moment.

Also, the falling points in the first two games was the setting, Anywhere City was too bleak and predictable. As a GTA player, I love it how Rockstar poke fun at American cities, but maybe London would also be a good thing to make fun of!

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

Large, metallic bridge structure carrying cars across water.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

Add in a Yorkshire spoof (perhaps as part of ManLeePool) and you've got yourself a deal.

I like the idea of a GTA with not only London, but other areas of the UK too; and it doesn't have to be too realistically scaled; if the Saboteur can shove Paris within a half-hour's drive of Le Havre, Centre and the German Border, then I think R* can take some artistic liberty and shove loads of UK cities near each other.

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Algonquin Bridge @ Mar 4 2010, 22:22)
Add in a Yorkshire spoof (perhaps as part of ManLeePool) and you've got yourself a deal.

I like the idea of a GTA with not only London, but other areas of the UK too; and it doesn't have to be too realistically scaled; if the Saboteur can shove Paris within a half-hour's drive of Le Havre, Centre and the German Border, then I think R* can take some artistic liberty and shove loads of UK cities near each other.

Yep, good idea. Just scatter small towns along the way like Manpool, Yorkcastle, Glasgodeen and Oxfordham! Hahaha. Man this is fun. Also, a main criticism of IV was the lack of planes. Why didn't they put planes in? Because LC was too small. You get from one side of an island to another in under a minute, let alone in a plane. Flying from Manpool to Belderry (naming is jokes...) in a plane must be a lot more fun than flying from Hyde Park to Leytonstone...
And what about have a US military base as a side-town? Not sure how this would go with the story though...

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Well, we all know how easily overblown anti-Americanism is in the UK. So you could work for a gang who "care for their community" and feel it best to show those yanks that their weaponry, tanks and jets aren't welcome...by stealing them and taking them elsewhere. Maybe destroying some S.O.L.A.R.U.S missile bases in an SA/TBOGT bombastic eccentric mission?

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Tigernose @ Mar 4 2010, 22:19)
Your whole idea is great! It's just that my idea of having multiple cities rather than one doesn't mean losing any detail on a single city, thanks to the PS3 (sorry I'm elaborating too much, but I'm trying to emphasise here). My proposed storyline passes through time, so you can see London's development, from the newly constructed Thames Wheel (London Eye) in 2001, to Dick's Tower (London Bridge Shard, yes it looks like an erection ha ha ha...) and from international games in Wembley, to the Olympics in the East. London has too much potential. The whole of the UK in my opinion is like a side-order.

I made a UK thread primarily because I didn't want the same old "London City" thread...

I understand, a lot of London threads have sprung up lately (Including my Thames City one which flopped). I like the idea of time progression, would be implemented the same way as in Assassin's Creed 2?

P.S. I agree with you about the Shard, it looks ridiculous.

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Mar 4 2010, 22:41)
QUOTE (Tigernose @ Mar 4 2010, 22:19)

I understand, a lot of London threads have sprung up lately (Including my Thames City one which flopped). I like the idea of time progression, would be implemented the same way as in Assassin's Creed 2?

P.S. I agree with you about the Shard, it looks ridiculous.

Typing this up on my phone; will be typos:
Yeah, that's the idea. I had a lot of fun with Ezio getting older in AC2. I can imagine my potagonsit as a schoolkid not even being allowed int he pub, but 13 years later he's a true Cockney style crim, despite being born in Hammersmith.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:06 PM Edited by 02fishera, 04 March 2010 - 11:29 PM.

I wouldn't start the protagonist as a kid, for me it would just make him seem like some wannabe chav rather than the real deal.

Beg2Live4Life
  • Beg2Live4Life

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:15 AM

No

Algonquin Bridge
  • Algonquin Bridge

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

Care to explain why? Saying just "no" is hardly an effective form of criticism.

deathil93
  • deathil93

WASOOOME!

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:00 PM

Can I just ask, have you ever been to the UK? Its far from dull, with the olympics coming and its notorious criminal history, a place like London would be a great setting with even more potential than somewhere like Moscow. Sure the UK is crowded, but that doesn't make it over developed, if anything there's more more developement to be done. As for your point about it not feeling right for a game, I can imagine speeding down the GTA equivilent of the M25, (A motorway that circles London for those that don't know) or picking off a target with a sniper rifle from R*'s version of the London Eye. Finally I wouldn't worry about it being boring after the story, I'm would add more side missions after the critism they recieved about there not being enough to do away from the story in IV.

@ vincentmillidge - Chav stands for Council House Attitude Violence or Council House Association Vermin

I still can't see the UK as a setting for GTA. Maybe Ireland, but not the UK. The Why? factor canno't be answered in words. It just doesn't feel GTA-ish.

QUOTE (Tigernose @ Mar 4 2010, 21:51)
I understand your opinion. I too think that GTA's whole point was to poke fun at Americans, but I wouldn't mind a fresh change from the typical Yankee culture. Also, Russia would be a great place for a GTA game, but the whole reason I chose the UK is because of the language barrier. Also, UK is the most diverse nation in the world actually, not America, that is just a preassumption.

Yeah, I just remmbered about the language barrier. Still, the UK doesn't realy fit the GTA profile.

jackrobsonlongford
  • jackrobsonlongford

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (deathil93 @ Mar 5 2010, 12:00)
Maybe Ireland, but not the UK. The Why? factor canno't be answered in words. It just doesn't feel GTA-ish.

And ireland is?

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:13 PM Edited by ˸, 05 March 2010 - 05:16 PM.

Blu-Ray discs can hold 5 times as much data than the discs that Xbox 360 uses. So, if Rockstar do set the next game in London, why not use the PlayStation 3's supeiror storage space to make a nationwide game? A lot of people want London, but quite a lot of UK residents want their hometown, so it wouldn't too much of a hassle to ask for a nationwide game, would it? California (San Andreas) is actually larger than Britain itself, so size wouldn't be a problem for two reasons: Rockstar did this with San Andreas and PS3s have Blu-Ray storage space.

PCs can have over 10 TBs of space (I have just over 1 though). Do we want GTA: World now?

(but could be a great host for terrorist attacks, like a suicide bomber on the London Eye).

You are sick, young man

London? Cardiff? Manchester? Countryside rules. Hills of Wales, plains of England and cliffs of Scotland.

The idea of UK in GTA is great, but the way you described it is not appealing to me.

Still, the UK doesn't realy fit the GTA profile.

That's why GTA2: London was never released.

Doing something like Bank Job would be so cool!

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Ireland is hardly the place for it. I understand why people don't want the UK, but they don't know anything about it. I just hate these excuses about London not being too GTA-ish... go read Medallion Man's post if you think it isn't 'GTA-ish'. The only criticism I have about London is that GTA's whole point was to poke fun at Americans.

Also, if you don't like the idea, be constructive. You're welcome to criticise, I like criticism, gives me ideas, saying no just means your ignorant.

Also, the protagonist isn't starting off as a "kid", more like CJ when he first joined San Andreas: a skinny little youngster learning from the pros. He gains strength and muscles along the way - that's kind of were I'm going; stats are back, baby!

Tigernose
  • Tigernose

The Painta

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (˸ @ Mar 5 2010, 17:13)
Blu-Ray discs can hold 5 times as much data than the discs that Xbox 360 uses. So, if Rockstar do set the next game in London, why not use the PlayStation 3's supeiror storage space to make a nationwide game? A lot of people want London, but quite a lot of UK residents want their hometown, so it wouldn't too much of a hassle to ask for a nationwide game, would it? California (San Andreas) is actually larger than Britain itself, so size wouldn't be a problem for two reasons: Rockstar did this with San Andreas and PS3s have Blu-Ray storage space.

PCs can have over 10 TBs of space (I have just over 1 though). Do we want GTA: World now?

(but could be a great host for terrorist attacks, like a suicide bomber on the London Eye).

You are sick, young man

London? Cardiff? Manchester? Countryside rules. Hills of Wales, plains of England and cliffs of Scotland.

The idea of UK in GTA is great, but the way you described it is not appealing to me.

Still, the UK doesn't realy fit the GTA profile.

That's why GTA2: London was never released.

Doing something like Bank Job would be so cool!

Haha, did you really expect the protagonist to be the suicide bomber? You've got to be kidding me. How is the game supposed to continue after that. What, you appear in the hospital again after the mission is complete...? No, I'm talking about a side-plot, there's a terrorist organisation on the loose in London, and you have to go and assassinate their major figures, since they were destroying London....

What, should we call this "GTA: Terrorism"?

NinjaHorse
  • NinjaHorse

GTA addict.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

icon14.gif I agree with most of this, although Im not against multiple UK cities, unlike you.

I think London in particular is more vibrant and exciting than many people imagine, and with all places you get desolate gang ridden areas as well. sounds perfect for a GTA to me.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:13 PM Edited by 02fishera, 06 March 2010 - 10:27 PM.

QUOTE (deathil93 @ Mar 5 2010, 12:00)
I still can't see the UK as a setting for GTA. Maybe Ireland, but not the UK. The Why? factor canno't be answered in words. It just doesn't feel GTA-ish.

I fail to see how Ireland would be a better location then the UK. If you've ever been to the UK and Ireland, you'd see that the UK is perfect,for GTA, Ireland is not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users