Photo

Kill Streak Rewards Multiplayer Suggestion

18 replies to this topic
GTAplaya005
  • GTAplaya005

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:32 AM

I stopped playing gta after the summer and started playing mw2 and really like the idea of kill streaks. I'm not sure how these would work or what kind of kill streaks they could award, but I think this is a cool idea for gta 5 (sure it might result in more corner hugging, but ppl already did that plenty anyway).

I never played gay tony online but heard that you got more health after so many kills (or something along those lines). But if that is the case, that is a pretty good start and I'd like to see more of it.

Some of my ideas:

Get like four gang members to fight with you (similar to the dogs in COD: world at war) LOL.

Armor/health/ammo resupply.

Didnt really think about it much more than that lol but thought this would be a good idea since I owned ppl in GTA 4 ha and find the reward system in COD to be pretty cool. Thoughts? More suggestions?

Squishybubs
  • Squishybubs

سفر التكوي

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:30 AM

It's Grand Theft Auto, not Call of Duty. No killstreaks.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Squishybubs @ Mar 4 2010, 02:30)
It's Grand Theft Auto, not Call of Duty. No killstreaks.

100% agreed.

sd13killer
  • sd13killer

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:41 AM

200% agreed.

Dademo
  • Dademo

Liberty City

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

100.9% agree.

Nah but I agree, with the OP too, getting like 8 kills in a row not getting anything but money is kinda depressing

BlueCheer
  • BlueCheer

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:16 AM

cmon guys, be more open minded.

i think it would be cool if you could unlock a cheat as a reward for a kill streak. say you kill 3 people in a row, you get 1 free health cheat or a car spawn.

Iron Sun
  • Iron Sun

Comin' outch'a mouth witch'ur blah blah blah.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

Or why not money multipliers per every 5 kills. Come on you really think it's a good idea to have an Annihilator spawn at 10 kills? Be fair.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:29 AM

NO KILLSTREAKS. THIS IS GTA, NOT COD.

BlueCheer
  • BlueCheer

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (Iron Sun @ Mar 4 2010, 03:19)
Or why not money multipliers per every 5 kills. Come on you really think it's a good idea to have an Annihilator spawn at 10 kills? Be fair.

maybe not an annihilator, but a maverick or turismo would be reasonable.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:02 AM

The people saying "this is GTA not CoD" are really closed minded.
So because one online game has an online formula that works, another game can't implement a single aspect of it into the gameplay to improve it?
He's not asking for an AC130 or a chopper gunner or anything like that.
Vanilla GTA IV online was bollocks, long and tedious. $100 per kill and then like $25 from a dead person was nowhere near enough when you needed hundreds of thousands to level up.
Sure you could do those online "missions" but they could be done once and then lost their sheen and became boring.

I think we should get some killstreak rewards, BoGT started to implement it so I don't see why they can't push it even more.
I think the amount of money you earn for a kill should grow with each kill in the streak, and then when that persons streak is cut off the player who killed him will get a bonus aswell.
This would not only make it enjoyable and make the levelling more bearable but would make players want to stay alive and play properly.

After a certain number of kills you should have your health refilled, say; 5 kills?
and then after a further 5 you get your armour refilled.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

A killstreak where you get to put a hit out on a certain player would be fun. A car pulls up next to the guy you want whacked and npcs get out and try to kill him. Maybe another killstreak lets you do the same thing but with drive-by's instead. Maybe have someone sniped.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (WF the Hobgoblin @ Mar 4 2010, 13:01)
A killstreak where you get to put a hit out on a certain player would be fun. A car pulls up next to the guy you want whacked and npcs get out and try to kill him. Maybe another killstreak lets you do the same thing but with drive-by's instead. Maybe have someone sniped.

I think this may be a little too out of character for GTA.
Killstreak rewards would be good but I think killstreak abilities could hinder the game.

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

Official LC Hotdog Stand Explosive Defuser

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Mar 4 2010, 07:02)
Vanilla GTA IV online was bollocks, long and tedious...

...After a certain number of kills you should have your health refilled, say; 5 kills?
and then after a further 5 you get your armour refilled.

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No!

I can appreciate getting spawns like an Infernus, a Maverick, a PCJ 600.etc. but there should definitely not be health refills or armour - ammo maybe - but imagine how annoying it would be if there were two against one, that one kills one of you and gets health refill and then massacres you! mad.gif

I like kill streak rewards - I like getting more money with each kill in the streak but there would be nothing more frustrating than health and ammo refills!

unknowngtafan
  • unknowngtafan

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

i like the idea iof killstreaks but i really dont want people to camp just so that they can get the most points. Hows about
3 kills in a row: 1.5x more money
5 kills in a row: 2x more money
8 kills in a row: 2.5x more money
10 kills in a row: 3x more money
15 kills in a row: 5x as much money
25 kills in a row: 10x as much money

I like my way because the fight is still even but gives the person who is beating everyone more money to level up quicker

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

GTA IV already has killstreaks in Team Deathmatch but it's just not like C.O.D. I think acar spawn like the Sutan RS or Infernus or something rare but cool should be a killstreak but no ammo refils or health refills because that would take away the point of health and weapon pickups. And GTA is alot more easy to kill in than COD.

vincentmillidge
  • vincentmillidge

vincent millidge III

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

reward players with something similiar to BULLET TIME

bogtboi
  • bogtboi

Sim Atwal (my name)

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

I play both online and offline and I don't see the kill-streak as a bad thing, but they must be within reason.

GTAplaya005
  • GTAplaya005

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

To the ppl saying no to killstreaks because gta is gta and not cod, idk how you can identify what gta is supposed to be (online that is) since gta 4 was the first gta with online multiplayer. Maybe it should make some changes to become more like cod considering how much more popular/better cod is online when compared to gta.

But anyway, I read that gay tony did have some type of killstreak rewards, but I couldnt find what they were. Can anybody fill me in?

Also, I'm sure there is a thread/section for this, and I'm guessing some of these changes were made in gay tony, but I'm not sure where that is, so here are some online suggestions to improve gta 4/for gta 5:

For team deathmatch b/c that is what I played most:

-cod style team selection (only two teams so the games are actually playable)

-smaller maps (maps were way too big and it took like 5 mins to get to the other team)

-10 minute pre-set games (20--the standard--is way too long especially with everybody quitting when they realize they will lose)

-make quitting hurt your rank (obv the leaderboards are pointless, but some ppl care and quit every single time they do bad or lose lol)

-weapon option where everyone has the same gun the whole game (to stop ppl from getting an m4 (everytime) and out ranging you)

There are prolly more but I'll stop there for now.

Ryder 556
  • Ryder 556

derp

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

BoGT KS only(like a money bonus and armor health bonuses) but nothing f*cked and and stupid like CoD like "Enemy UAV"(In a scared sh*tless Russian voice)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users