Quantcast

» «
Photo

Have RockStar left a hint RIGHT under our noses?

81 replies to this topic
Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:36 PM Edited by Nova69_7, 01 March 2010 - 10:46 PM.

OK. First of all, I fully acknowledge I might be way off the mark here, but I have spotted something on the RockStar official website that might just be a hint into the next few destinations GTA games in this series might be taking.

If you have a look on RockStar's official website, it shows on the top band links to all of RockStars games, Videos, Newswire, Social Club etc. etc. If you look in the top right corner there are the names of four cities. There are no links that come up whenever I mouse over them so there are just the names of the cities and nothing else. These Cities are: New York, London, Paris and Bogota.

Here's the link:
My Webpagewww.rockstargames.com/index

These cities could just be the places where RockStar's main Offices and such are, I know RockStar games is officially based in New York City and there is a RockStar Producing site in London, but then again this could be a hint in plain sight as to where the next GTA games in this era are going to be based. As to why they are on the RockStar official site, well GTA I'm sure many will agree is RockStars flagship title so a hint like this on the main site doesn't seem that far-fetched.

A few reasons that I can think of that support my theory are:
- We have already had a New York based game in this series, Liberty City of course.
- There is a lot of support for GTA:NeXt to be set in London...and London is the setting for the only GTA game thus far to be set outside the US (That is if you don't count GTA2's Anywhere City).
- Back when RockStar was developing San Andreas, they registered 10 'domains' as red-herrings so the destination wouldn't be known to us until they were ready to announce it, and also presumably so they could claim the names if ever they wanted to set any games in these places in future. Some of the names they registered at the time were: GTA: Tokyo, GTA: Sin City and GTA: Bogota.

So there you have it. What does anyone think? Am I way off the mark? I most likely am I admit and if thats the case then I apologize. It just seems a clue in plain sight could well be RockStars way of having a giggle at all of us...as they seem to enjoy doing things like that lol!

EDIT: Sorry guys I can never get the link thing right! Lol! I'll work it out, you can still get the link though.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

I'm the cosmic gypsy, tipsy from plutonium whisky.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

i would love if it came in this order

unknowngtafan
  • unknowngtafan

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

you make some good points but no offence but i really hope you are wrong. nothing personal just really want the next gta in san andreas and not london

maxopower
  • maxopower

I believe!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

Really old news, been there for ages, even long even before IV, and the IV era. It’s been spotted and debated many many times.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

I think it's a just a bit of a piss take at designer brands who commonly have NY, London and paris written on them somewhere. It's just a joke by having a really unlikely city up along with those - The rockstar warehouse is done in the same way as this; a piss take of the classic, rich english styled designer brands.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (SammiiDoogles @ Mar 1 2010, 23:40)
I think it's a just a bit of a piss take at designer brands who commonly have NY, London and paris written on them somewhere. It's just a joke by having a really unlikely city up along with those - The rockstar warehouse is done in the same way as this; a piss take of the classic, rich english styled designer brands.

Lol! Aaaahh right. I guess Bogota does seem a little out of place on that list haha! RockStar have the art of piss-taking down to a tee don't they?!

Jayd101
  • Jayd101

Proud to be a Kiwi

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (unknowngtafan @ Mar 2 2010, 11:45)
you make some good points but no offence but i really hope you are wrong. nothing personal just really want the next gta in san andreas and not london

If you want another San Andreas click the link in my signature.

JianHua
  • JianHua

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (unknowngtafan @ Mar 1 2010, 22:45)

no way no more San Andreas

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:12 AM

You better read Rockstar history first . There's a branch for Rockstar Games in London , it has been established in 2005 . Currently , their products are Manhunt 2 and Midnight Club L.A Remix . However , the four cities which are mentioned in Rockstar website may are very clear hints to where GTA series is going forward . GTA IV got liberty City , so , the next GTA may will be in London because it follows Liberty City or maybe it will be one of the three remaining cities .

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:24 AM

iLol'd lol.gif
This is getting way too pathetic, but!
Maybe if you go to do the boogie-woogie to Rick Astley and sing the names of those cities reversed in Russian the magic fingerless gloves will appear holding the GTA V Disc!!!!!11oneone

Xtreme_2010
  • Xtreme_2010

GTAf since '07

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

^^ OMG It worked!! Wow it's an awesome game, It's set in ... *Wakes Up* DAMMIT!!

Back on Point, I think it's just the names of the different departments for R*

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Mar 2 2010, 09:12)
You better read Rockstar history first . There's a branch for Rockstar Games in London , it has been established in 2005 . Currently , their products are Manhunt 2 and Midnight Club L.A Remix . However , the four cities which are mentioned in Rockstar website may are very clear hints to where GTA series is going forward . GTA IV got liberty City , so , the next GTA may will be in London because it follows Liberty City or maybe it will be one of the three remaining cities .

As I said in my original post FiS!!HeR, I know there is a RockStar office in London and I know they are responsible for all the games you mentioned (They took over Manhunt 2 from RockStar Vienna when that office was shut down in '06). However I am not aware of any sites in Paris or Bogota. However SammiDoogles posted earlier it may just be a piss-take of other firms the way they list their offices on their site.

@ Cheat, I tried it, didn't work. WHERE ARE MY FINGERLESS GLOVES?!?! Lol!

deathil93
  • deathil93

WASOOOME!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

If any, I think the next GTA will be GTA Sin City as there is a high chance of it being set in SA (Las Venturas is a copy of Las Vegas AKA Sin City).

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

I'm pretty sure these are just cities that Rockstar is stationed at.

DannyLee94
  • DannyLee94

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (unknowngtafan @ Mar 1 2010, 22:45)

You are only saying that because you are american yourself, no excuse really. Although SA was a good city with plenty of variety, i think they need to mix it up really with an entirely different city. And if London is that city, i dont see the problem. I think there would be a big rise in sales if the game was set in London (an entirely different continent)

The accent change would be entertainment in itself espicially with the amount of diversity, E.g:

- Cockney's airing their views about the number of immigrants in their city, possibly having fights with mancs (manchester) and scousers (liverpool).
- Taking full use of british stereotypes e.g. scousers robbing cars and maybe dealing on the street, irish having street fights, indians protecting their corner shops with shotguns.

There would obviosly be some US tourists there, but i feel taking full advantage of the London Underground would be a wise and successful addition to the GTA franchise. Other stuff GTA London/GTA London Undeground may feature might be:-

- Regular dog fights to bet on in the pits.
- Joining different gangs which are at eachothers throats (scousers vs mancs, cockneys vs brummeys(birmingham))
- Dealing gang drugs on the street.
- Get crazy like a football hooligan at your favourite teams matches. (especially derbys)
- Drinking at the pub.
- all the regular stuff from GTA.

Feel free to add to any of my points as to why GTA London would be a good idea for the next GTA!

Danny

Bang Bang
  • Bang Bang

GTAGaming hater, GTAForums lover

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (lt_yao @ Mar 2 2010, 15:58)

Seriously? Bogota doensīt sound like a place Rockstar would work in whatsthat.gif

Nice theory!

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

Like maxopower said, that has been on the site for ages and before IV was even announced.

And i wouldn't really like a GTA in most of those cities anyway (Paris and Bogota - not a GTA feeling city)

I honestly don't see a GTA V in any of these locations, not even London although they have done it before.

And also if that were GTA related it wouldn't be on the R* main pge, it would be on the GTA related pages. And plus i don't even think there is a R* Bogota confused.gif

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Bang Bang @ Mar 2 2010, 21:01)

Seriously? Bogota doensīt sound like a place Rockstar would work in whatsthat.gif

Nice theory!

http://twitter.com/Rockstargames

Look at the right side, under location.

Bang Bang
  • Bang Bang

GTAGaming hater, GTAForums lover

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:37 PM Edited by Bang Bang, 02 March 2010 - 06:39 PM.

QUOTE (lt_yao @ Mar 2 2010, 18:34)

Nice theory!

It just canīt be true, they donīt make games on Bogota, no one makes games on Latin America , iīm sure thatīs just some call center there.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Bang Bang @ Mar 2 2010, 21:37)
QUOTE (lt_yao @ Mar 2 2010, 18:34)

Nice theory!

It just canīt be true, they donīt make games on Bogota, no one makes games on Latin America , iīm sure thatīs just some call center there.

1. Yeah, I bet R* doesn't work there because someone called Bang Bang thinks so.
2. SO F*CKING WHAT IF IT IS A CALL CENTER, THEY CAN STILL WORK THERE

Sorry a lot but I'm really getting annoyed by these stupid-ass topics with theories that say that working locations are in-game locations and suggest to take a looksee whatever that is! Moderators ahoy?

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:09 PM Edited by SmC12, 02 March 2010 - 07:14 PM.

A callcenter in Bogota? confused.gif I hope my game doesn't break then tounge.gif

JK.

But seriously none of those locations seem like a hint for GTA 5 to me, nice idea with the theory and everything though.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:33 PM Edited by Nova69_7, 02 March 2010 - 07:39 PM.

QUOTE (Cheat @ Mar 2 2010, 18:51)
1. Yeah, I bet R* doesn't work there because someone called Bang Bang thinks so.
2. SO F*CKING WHAT IF IT IS A CALL CENTER, THEY CAN STILL WORK THERE

Sorry a lot but I'm really getting annoyed by these stupid-ass topics with theories that say that working locations are in-game locations and suggest to take a looksee whatever that is! Moderators ahoy?

Dude, what is your F@#king problem?!?! If you don't like the topic don't BLOODY post in it!!! And if you DO post in it, stay on F@#KING topic!!! (Mods AHOY, he's not playing by the rules, tell him...)
Also, If you don't want a look-see then DON'T TAKE A PISSING LOOK-SEE!!! OK?!

It's just a theory, a harmless one at that. I've got a few answers thanks everyone who responded. It might well be RockStar taking the mickey out of other companies who post their offices on their site who do it to show how important they are. Once again, maxopower said it had been discussed before so I apologize for creating another thread about a covered topic.

@ SmC12: Thanks I appreciate your posts and opinions. I know there isn't a Bogota branch of RockStar which is why I wondered why it was up there along with the other cities lol! Like I said it was a theory...and you're right you would think any GTA hints would be in the GTA section, but if you think they wouldn't put a hint like this in the GTA section as that would be too obvious...therefore they may have hidden the hint on the main page - right in plain sight! Right under our noses! Hence the topic name...

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

If im not mistaken do R* not leave small lil clues for you to find that leads to the next GTA location?

GTA3 - ViceCity Found this out when ray said he was going to florida
ViceCity - SanAndreas Found this out through a radio caller who was talking about a football game in SanAndreas
SanAndreas - GTA4 Well this one should have been pretty obvious after carl had to venture back to LC to kill someone for salvatore leon. R* knew people would want to go back.
GTA4 - GTANext? Come on guys, look for clues wink.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (mr. libs @ Mar 3 2010, 01:30)
If im not mistaken do R* not leave small lil clues for you to find that leads to the next GTA location?

GTA3 - ViceCity Found this out when ray said he was going to florida
ViceCity - SanAndreas Found this out through a radio caller who was talking about a football game in SanAndreas
SanAndreas - GTA4 Well this one should have been pretty obvious after carl had to venture back to LC to kill someone for salvatore leon. R* knew people would want to go back.
GTA4 - GTANext? Come on guys, look for clues wink.gif

That club owner from bahama mamas was apparently in 'Las Ventures' during "Bouvelard Baby"

Carmen Ortiz picture in Bahama Mamas that talks about vice city.

There was a video in Vice City called "Hamster Love 2", not long ago R* released a video about a hamster bored.gif

There are various references to Vice City and San Andreas on the in-game internet (mostly Vice City)

In the credits at the end of BOGT Packie is seen boarding a plane where is he going?

Some characters in GTA IV talked about having visited (or wanted to) Vice City.

The picture in the EFLC manual that had been torn out is actually a poster that could be found in VC and SA. (can also be found in IV) confused.gif

The company "Pro Laps" was featured in GTA San Andreas (and possibly VC).

There are many more if you look hard in GTA IV but those were the main ones that come to mind. smile.gif

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Mar 3 2010, 14:53)
The picture in the EFLC manual that had been torn out is actually a poster that could be found in VC and SA. (can also be found in IV) confused.gif

Actually, that poster is only from IV, not from any previous games. And I think "Hamster Love 2" was from San Andreas.

Still, there are plenty of things that could be considered clues. Don't forget about the plane ticket seen on the R* social club.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

Looking for a black best friend- PM Me

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [Advice with girlfriends]

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

No disrespect to the good people of London, but GTA is about living in excess and I just can't see how it wouldn't end up like the Getaway or Italian Job.

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Mar 3 2010, 21:34)
Don't forget about the plane ticket seen on the R* social club.

Yep. I was just thinking that. That one was from way back wasn't it? They could all well be clues but you have to think references to San Andreas/Venturas/Vice could just be for kicks or to let us fans know these places still exist in this universe...although they are obviously mentioned several times in dialogue and on the TV/Radio too.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Actually, that poster is only from IV, not from any previous games. And I think "Hamster Love 2" was from San Andreas.

The poster is in IV but it was also seen in a certain building(cant remember where) in VC because when i saw it once the picture had been figured out it looked familiar from a previous game. And it might have been in SA too but i don't know about that.

And yes the Hamster thing was from SA not VC.

Maybe there are even obvious clues like parachutes 'conveniently' returned in BoGT the only other GTA game to have parachutes was GTA SA.

Things that we would never think of as a clue or hint might actually be the very hint we are looking for smile.gif

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:03 PM

Does anyone remember the topic about a bowling ped saying a line from "Definitely, Miami"? I thought it was pretty concrete evidence. However, I think all of these references, mentions, and other stuff of past cities are merely a clever way of R* saying "You already have (the feeling of) this, no need to repeat it."

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

I don't think Rockstar will give us clear hints to the next setting . Clear hints such as the plan ticket and the poster . You know , they are the usual tricky moves by Rockstar .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users