135 replies to this topic
The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None
  • Picture of the Year 2010

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:51 AM

Just read through all the mission scripts you've written. There brilliant. Great structure and they really could work. I like how you make sure to progress from smaller and simple tasks to longer and more dangerous tasks as it goes along. Good job. icon14.gif

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

@Guru & LuisBellic thanks a lot man, appreciate it!
@Illness yeah bro, I been having it on my mind for a long time since the game pretty much concentrates around gangs, it'll come soon.

---

Mission 4:

8-Ballin'
Mission giver: Drake Johnson

Following "Do you have proof?", Drake has called Jay, telling him to meet him back at the projects, where he can meet the rest of the gang.

As Jay arrives at the projects, Jay and about a dozen friends of his - The North Holland Hustlers in its entirety - have gathered to meet Jay.
Only three of the gangs' remaining members were members of the gang before Jay went to jail.

Jay is introduced to the gang's new members, who have differing opinions about him - Drake explains that when Jay went inside, when he stayed quiet in the interrogations, rumours of Jay snitching spread in the streets, even resulting in some of the gang's members - including Big Sean, one of the original members - believing in them.

Drake also introduces Jay to Rico, Drake's right-hand-man, who was the first to join the gang in '08, since Playboy X was killed and Jay was sentenced, and tells Jay that he and Rico have business to take care of and asks Jay to join them.

The player is instruced to drive the three to Acter, Alderney, where they are picking up an 8-Ball amount of coke for Tyrell Blake, a radio personality in Liberty City, who understandably can't take the risk of picking up the coke himself.
They meet the dealer - a long-time associate of the gang who even seems to remember Jay - in an alley in Acter.
The deal goes well - no cops, the dealer has the right amount of the stuff - and they all leave the spot quickly, and Jay drives them to downtown Algonquin with the coke, giving it to Blake.
Jay is cut in for a third from the deal, and Drake tells him to meet him later at his crib.

Reward: 150$
Consequences: user posted image A new mission for Drake will be unlocked

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

Account ditched. New account Tommy.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

You're brilliant at writing missions icon14.gif Well done cookie.gif

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None
  • Picture of the Year 2010

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:01 PM Edited by The Guru, 18 December 2010 - 01:14 PM.

Splendid work again. The thing I really like about your mission scripts is that they're not full dialogue like some others I've seen before. They explain the task, are to the point, and don't stretch the page a lot lengthwise. That's why I like them. icon14.gif

I just thought I'd help an just remove that background from that logo because it doesn't look very nice on other skins other than the default skin. Also made a new sub-titles for Introduction. You don't have to use them, but I thought I'd just do something. tounge.gif

user posted image
CODE
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/34f0e9x.jpg[/IMG]

user posted image
CODE
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/120gorc.jpg[/IMG]

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

I like your missions, Cheat. Especially that you're building them up gradually, it's refreshing to see a grounded, realistic approach that makes sense.

Just a question: Was the dialogue in Back to Life a one time thing only?

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:35 PM Edited by Cheat, 18 December 2010 - 09:38 PM.

@Guru thanks, even though the introduction text isn't transparent, I think I'll keep it, but the logo is really nice. icon14.gif
@Tyla thanks, and no, it wasn't a one-time thing, but I don't see the point in writing dialogues to each mission, 'cause, like Guru said, that's just page-stretching. But I'll write dialogues into missions that change the story more, if you get me.

I feel like writing another mission biggrin.gif

---

Mission 5:

Sunday Drive

Following "8-Ballin'", a new mission for Drake has been unlocked, located at his crib, just one floor up from Jay's place.

Drake is chillin' with two girls at his house, smoking a joint - the usual.
Drake asks Jay to sit down and talk, gives him a drink and asks him how he's doing, if he contacted Ray and such. He also tells that Tyrell Blake was very happy about their work for him.

Drake then mentions Jay's old clothing and tells him that he "looks broke", hinting him that he may have a job that could get him the money to get some new gear - easy, legal job that pays well. Jay says that he's in, and then Drake breaks it down to him - Wayne Jackson, Drake's cousin, who lives in Richmond Island - turf of the rival M.O.B gang - tells him that the heat coming from the M.O.B is a bit too much to take, and that Drake has bought him a new place in Northwood, but the problem is that the whole island is too dangerous for a known North Holland Hustlers member to enter and that means that Wayne isn't able to get away from Richmond Island.
However, the M.O.B is not yet aware of Jay being released from prison so won't identify him, so he is perfect to pick up Wayne.

The player is instructed to drive to Richmond Harbor, a gang-dominated neighborhood in Richmond Island and call Wayne when he is ready to pick him up.
When Wayne enters the car, he wants to get away quickly, knowing that the M.O.B is looking for him, and drive him into Northwood. The two have a conversation during the drive, and Wayne tells him that he is "a spy" for the Hustlers, and also mentions that Drake has told him about Jay.

When Jay stops the car in Northwood, he will receive his payment, and starts to drive away, but the mission won't end - Jay, keeping the window of the car open, hears shots from the stair-step Wayne entered, and is instructed to check out how Wayne's doing; the shooter is not seen, but Wayne has been shot in the stomach.
He tells Jay that the shooter's gun jammed after the first shot and that he ran away from the backdoor.

Jay will then carry Wayne back into the car and drive him into nearest hospital, located in North Holland. Wayne has managed to remain alive and conscious and the nurse at the hospital tells Jay that Wayne arrived so quickly, that Wayne will most likely do okay.
Wayne will also give Jay an extra tip for saving him.

Reward: 125$ from the drive and an extra $75 for saving Wayne - a total of 200$
Consequences: user posted image a new mission for Ray will be unlocked
Some time later, Wayne will call Jay and inform him that - thanks to Jay's quick reactions - the wound was treated easily and that he already got out, and thanks him once again.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

Mission 6:

No Deal
Mission giver: Ray Campbell

Following "Sunday Drive", the player has received a text message from Ray, telling him that he has someone to introduce to Jay in the office.

At Ray's office, Ray is hanging out with a white man, about the same age with Jay.
There is also a sniper rifle leaning to Ray's desk.

Ray introduces the two - the man is named Andrew and he has been a hitman for Ray for years already, and mentions that Andrew is someone that Jay should "look up to" and "learn from", intentionally annoying Jay.
Ray tells the two to leave, and that Andrew will explain Jay what's going on.

The player is instructed to drive to an alley in East Holland, and during the drive, Andrew explains the situation:
A local drug dealer in East Holland used to work for Ray until a few weeks ago, he disappeared with an unusually large amount of cocaine that Ray had supplied him with, and that now the dealer is looking forwards of getting rid of the stuff quick as possible and that he is selling the stuff to a third party buyer in East Holland.
However, he has been stupid enough to talk out loud about the stuff and the rumours about the deal have reached Ray quite quickly.

At the scene, Andrew explains that Jay's task is to kill the dealer and take the stuff without hurting the third party buyer, and that Andrew will cover Jay for possible goons accompanying either the dealer or the buyer.

Everything will go as planned, and quickly the two escape the area and Andrew will give Jay his share and then drive away, telling him that Ray has more work waiting for him.

Reward: 165$
Consequences: user posted image A new mission for Ray will unlock

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

Yeah! Nice to see a new mission Cheat icon14.gif

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:36 PM Edited by Cheat, 06 January 2011 - 01:59 PM.

Yeah! Nice to see a new mission Cheatá icon14.gif

Yeah, it may appear to you that I've been slacking, but in fact, I have been sketching the plot and writing some character histories on my computer, so expect a lot of changes and missions in the near future!

Mission 7:

Hard Times in the Projects
Mission giver: Ray Campbell

This mission is unlocked by the mission 'No Deal'.

At Ray's office, Ray is found hanging out with Andrew, and he's got more work, like Andrew suggested.

Ray explains the two that he has a problem - the competing drug dealers in his turf have risen to the forefront in the local drug business, and even though Ray stands in a far more powerful position, they refuse to cut him in.

Ray wants to show the dealers he is serious by assaulting their suppliers and staging the dealers as if they had done it.

The player is then instructed to drive Jay and Andrew to the infamous Firefly Projects in Broker and assault an apartment in the projects, covered by numerous bodyguards of the dealers, and then flee the projects as more goons are waiting in the hallways.

After fleeing the projects, the player's final objective is to drive Andrew to the nearest train station, completing the mission.

Reward: 250$
Consequences: user posted image A new mission for Drake will unlock

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

This is a great concept with a good storyline, I wouldnt mind to go back to LC again to play this, although this looks more like a DLC.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 January 2011 - 03:56 PM Edited by Cheat, 06 January 2011 - 11:09 PM.

@mati thanks, and yeah, I know, but wait until the story shapes, I can guarantee you it won't look like a DLC.

Mission 8:

Worst Comes to Worst

Following the mission 'Hard Times in the Projects', Drake has called the player, telling him has something important to share with Jay.

As Jay enters Drake's apartment, Drake appears somewhat wistful and absent, enjoying a drink by himself, laying down on his couch.
Jay asks him if something's wrong, and Drake says that things aren't going so well.

He explains that, just a few days ago, someone killed one of his best dealers in East Holland, and as if that isn't enough of a grief, someone has been blackmailing him and talking bullsh*t about him and the gang.
Drake explains that just yesterday someone jumped on one of his main connects in the projects in Broker, and that the blackmailer has blamed him for the attack, claiming that he was scheming against the connects to get the stuff they were supplying his gang with for free.

As Drake tells Jay about the situation, Jay realizes that he is responsible for both of the cases, and that Ray has been using him all the time.
After explaining the situation, Jay tells Drake that he will take care of the situation and that he is sorry for everything, swearing he will give the best of his effort to make things right.

Knowing that Ray is too dangerous to face alone, Jay calls Andrew, persuading him to assist him take out Ray, offering the access to Ray's assets for him, saying that he doesn't want the money, and says that it's a blood for blood situation.

Tempted by the money, Andrew says that he likes Jay, and that even though he has worked for Ray for years, he knows that Ray is a tyrant and doesn't feel any sympathy for him, and agrees to join Jay.

The player is instructed to drive to Meadows Hills, Dukes, to pick up Andrew from his apartment and drive the two to Ray's office in North Holland.

At Ray's office, Vinny, Ray's bodyguard, doesn't let the two in, hinting that Ray is aware of the possibility of the two taking over.
As Andrew and Jay brake in and fight Vinny, Ray takes the opportunity and speeds away in chis car.
Jay and Andrew quickly get back to their car, and a chase begins.

The player will chase Ray in an intensive chase in the streets of Uptown Algonquin, until Ray eventually loses control of his car, launching a cutscene where Jay will execute his uncle in cold blood.

After this, Andrew will tell Jay that he will disappear for now, but will call Jay when the heat descends, suggesting that the two could hang out, getting a positive answer from Jay.

Following the completion of the mission, Jay will call Drake to inform him that Ray's been taken care of, and Drake will add that he met up with the connects, who accepted to continue working together.

Reward: Nothing
Consequences: After a few days ingame, you will receive phonecalls from Chief Thompson, your next mission giver, and Andrew, who will become your friend.

----

PS: Added a few new characters and new pics for everyone, removed a few characters I wrote up, like, a year ago when I started the topic.
I'll "clean up" some other old things I won't be using tomorrow and add a bunch of other new characters so I would have pretty much everyone in there and do some visual retouching, for me, it doesn't appear easy-to-read enough.
Feedback is more than welcome icon14.gif

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

All the songs on the rap station suck, where are the good nas, jay-z, gang starr songs.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:03 AM

The old school songs are on Tha Flow FM, which is the old school station, the tracks on Rap Star Radio are intentionally mainstream songs making the radio station comparable to Hot 97 for example.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

Pow.
It's long, but you're gonna like it.

Mission 9:

Blending In
Mission giver: Chief Thompson

The mission is unlocked after a phonecall from an unknown caller, instructing Jay to come over to the police station in East Holland.

As Jay enters the station, an identifiable white man in his fifties is seen waiting for him in the lobby of the station.
The man welcomes and greets Jay and instructs him to follow him into his office.

As the two ride the elevator, Jay identifies the man as Clarence Thompson, a corrupted chief of the LCPD who used to work with Ray.
The man confirms this and hints that it is no coincidence that he choose to meet Jay.
The two then step to his office.

Chief Thompson appears friendly and ingratiating to Jay, tells him that Jay is exactly the type of man he needs for a job, and hints that the two could have a fruitful and a productive relationship, and that Jay would be awarded generously for his help.

Gradually, Jay starts to appear more and more interested about Thompsons speech and eventually, the two come to an agreement.

Thompson then explains Jay the situation he needs his assistance with - the Pavanos, one of the most powerful crime families in the city and a member of The Commission, are smuggling in a huge shipment of quality heroin and cocaine shipped in Asia and South America, a shipment big enough to change the city's drug world for years and a shipment big enough to break all known records.

However, the Pavanos have a problem.
They have planned to concentrate the cocaine sale in Uptown Algonquin, where one of their main crews, The Uptown Boys, operate in.
The problem is, that Ray used to be a vital associate of theirs in the area, and now as Ray's dead, the family is in an urgent need of a new associate from the area.

This, Thompson says, is where Jay steps in.
Thompson gives Jay an address and instructs him to ask for Big B, sends him on his way and thanks Jay for his co-operation once more.
At this point, the player is instructed to drive into an alleyway off East Holland, triggering a new cutscene.

Jay walks up to a door in a deserted staircase, knocks a few times, almost walks away until the door finally opens to a young Italian-American man holding an AK-47, telling Jay to beat it.

However, as Jay tells the man that he is looking for Big B, the man instructs Jay to stand still and then returns to the apartment.
Italian speech can be heard for a while, until the man comes back to the door, apologies Jay for his behavior and tells him to come in.
In the apartment, a bunch of men are playing poker and enjoying drinks in a dusty, shady room.
One of the men, a robust man in his thirties signs Jay to sit down, have a drink and play a few hands.
After Jay wins his first hand with a royal flush, the man chuckles and says that he thinks it's the time the men discuss business.

The man introduces himself as "Big B" Barnsley, and asks Jay whether he knows who he is talking to.
Jay answers positively and adds that he is looking to work for Big B.

Big B takes a long look at Jay and then says that as long as Jay is as good with guns as with cards, he may have a chance, but he has to prove himself first.

Big B tells Jay of an associate of the family, who has disobeyed the [i]OmertÓ[i], meaning that he has to be wacked.
The man, nicknamed Joey the Sixteen has recently moved from Northwood to Acter in Alderney to flee the family, and Jay is instructed to find and silence him to prove his capabilities.

The player is instructed to drive into Acter, walk up to Joey the Sixteen's door and knock a few times.
The knocks aren't answered, but instead, a car is seen speeding away from the backyard, and the player is instruced to chase down Joey and get rid of him, finishing the mission.

Reward: Nothing
Consequences: A new mission for Big B will be unlocked.

TommyMufc-Champs
  • TommyMufc-Champs

• Members

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

I like how much effort you put Into writing mission. Brilliant, well done icon14.gif

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:28 PM

It's been a while since I seen this.. I'm really liking how it's coming along. Maybe you could add another little body of land off the coast of Bohan and Dukes and make it into a Rikers Island rip off since I think it would make a nice addition to this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users