GTA V: Liberty City

135 replies to this topic
grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

I made you a map. Let me know if you like it.

user posted image

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

@grope lol that's IV's map, not gonna use it.
@Anth neither gonna use Staten Island, there's nothing into it, but I'm looking forward to increase the size of Alderney to north and west to add a bit countryside there, but the map is secondary now. Mainly focusing on story and the gameplay now.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Mar 3 2010, 17:02)
@grope lol that's IV's map, not gonna use it.
@Anth neither gonna use Staten Island, there's nothing into it, but I'm looking forward to increase the size of Alderney to north and west to add a bit countryside there, but the map is secondary now. Mainly focusing on story and the gameplay now.

WHAT mercie_blink.gif suicidal.gif nervous.gif nothing there, Allot of NYC's mafia are located there also there is some open areas which could prove fun to explore. If Rockstar do LC they NEED to add Staten Island because you can not have NYC with out ALL its borugfhs. Please add it as it also is one of the largest borughs aswell and would be a cool adition to your consept.

user posted image

user posted image

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

I know, I picked the wrong words lol biggrin.gif
But I think of it the same "racist" way I think of Alderney, which I feel is better, eventhough SI is one of the 5 boroughs.
Trust me, I've had many rage attacks about this case. Well, I'll make it up by time, the map isn't my number one concern right now. Thanks for reminding of about the Shaolin again biggrin.gif

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Theres an awful lot you can put in staten island.

*big areas of open, wild countryside including hills.

*the staten island mall, largest mall in NYC I believe.

*the staten island landfill, a huge area to explore and fight in.

*the ship graveyard, another huge deathmatch arena.

*Verrazano bridge, biggest bridge in NYC I think.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

This is really good Cheat well done icon14.gif
I look forward to reading more about your concept.

I also agree with the guys above that say Staten Island would be a good addition to the map. You could say that they got the ferry system up and running in the 5 years since GTA IV that allows access to the Island or something.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

For those who want Staten Island included - How many of you have been to Staten Island? I can honestly say that it is one of the most dull places that I've ever been to...

Anyway I think this is a great idea. I have to admit that I was a bit iffy but you've done a great job of improving on what R* did with IV's LC in this concept.

sd13killer
  • sd13killer

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:19 AM

Love the Stamina bar. biggrin.gif

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Interesting thread here. Will there be a chance that Niko or Roman will make a cameo here. After all, Niko was the one who killed Marlon and indirectly responsible for your protag's incarceration.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Mar 3 2010, 21:58)
For those who want Staten Island included - How many of you have been to Staten Island? I can honestly say that it is one of the most dull places that I've ever been to...

Anyway I think this is a great idea. I have to admit that I was a bit iffy but you've done a great job of improving on what R* did with IV's LC in this concept.

tru dat. i used to live in nyc and i can personally say that SI is one of the dullest places ever

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:17 AM

But this is not real life of course it would be boring your not killing cops to hide and explore in landfill sights just to run through a suburban area only to start a a shoot off with the cops just to scamper into the mall firing while glass shatters everywhere while you jump through the window and through the woodland only to climb up a hill to the bridge but you find yourself corned off with no chance off getting out so you jump.

Will the story end there?

See all the fun we could of had with GTA IV and what we could have if they include SI in the next one!

Weirdo.
  • Weirdo.

Some crazy stuff on that internet!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:39 AM

Very nice, but I find it very unlikely that the next GTA will take place in Liberty again.

After all,

"Liberty City, It's Over!"

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 4 2010, 07:17)
But this is not real life of course it would be boring your not killing cops to hide and explore in landfill sights just to run through a suburban area only to start a a shoot off with the cops just to scamper into the mall firing while glass shatters everywhere while you jump through the window and through the woodland only to climb up a hill to the bridge but you find yourself corned off with no chance off getting out so you jump.

Will the story end there?

See all the fun we could of had with GTA IV and what we could have if they include SI in the next one!

I know its not real life, but as explained a million times before, Liberty City is based on the NY that we see on TV and in films and the only film that I can think of that is set on Staten Island off the top of my head is School of Rock which obviously isn't something that you can base a GTA game on. I can understand why R* left SI out in the first place, GTA is about action and excitement, neither of which can be found in Staten Island.

The Guru
  • The Guru

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Cheat @ Mar 2 2010, 18:38)
@Guru were you talking about the V or something else? Just curious!

The V Banner. It just popped up onto my screen. There's nothing very important about but it just stands out, which is good.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:48 PM

@Guru yeah biggrin.gif

Okay, thanks for all the positive comments, there's a lot of answering to do and I think I'll add a bit of Staten Island into the map.
But just a bit, since, as someone said, Staten Island is not that much of a 'cool' place and the only nice thing I will think of it is Wu-Tang Clan and they also moved out, so, meh.
But I'll try what I'll found out about it and use that.

Somebody asked about the Bellic cousins' possible cameos and yes, I think that Roman could make a good random character (don't get cocky, this has been in my mind since ages), [SPOILER ALERT] possibly including a humorous hint about his son/daughter which IV told is to born.
About Niko, I'm not sure. It would feel a bit stupid continuing Niko's story, after the rather dramatical ending it had. But maybe.
And I know that Niko killed Marlon, however, I don't want to put Niko's story to a position where it is carried too far. But as said, the story needs to be perfected before I take it anywhere, so it's good to see these opinions!

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

I dont think its a good idea transfering characters from GTA IV as this NEVER happens in GTA history!

But other than that i love it please add more.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 4 2010, 15:16)
I dont think its a good idea transfering characters from GTA IV as this NEVER happens in GTA history!

Why are you so obsessed with 'eras' been completely different?
Just because it has a different Roman numeral doesn't mean it would be based in a different universe.

Rockstar don't follow a pattern like a lot of people think - if they had made III the way they wanted back in 2001, this new 'IV canon' thing wouldn't exist and III's story would of most likely have been carried on.

And never in GTA history?
El Burro is a character that has survived since GTA 1 and several radio personalities and fictional bands/artists have made it from III.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Mar 4 2010, 15:46)
QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 4 2010, 15:16)

Why are you so obsessed with 'eras' been completely different?
Just because it has a different Roman numeral doesn't mean it would be based in a different universe.

Rockstar don't follow a pattern like a lot of people think - if they had made III the way they wanted back in 2001, this new 'IV canon' thing wouldn't exist and III's story would of most likely have been carried on.

And never in GTA history?
El Burro is a character that has survived since GTA 1 and several radio personalities and fictional bands/artists have made it from III.

No El burro was never saw in GTA1 meaning they were different people(i think) just like Claude there the same names but different people and BTW you are wrong about the
GTA III thing they would never of carried it on as they ALWAYS start a new era when they move onto a next generation of consoles. Also the III era was done in my opinion and even Rockstar stated that also i am not saying i am totally against it i am just predicting out of MY opinion Rockstar would not transfer characters over from one era to another as it causes confusion.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (AnthMUFC-Champs @ Mar 4 2010, 15:51)
No El burro was never saw in GTA1 meaning they were different people(i think) just like Claude there the same names but different people and BTW you are wrong about the
GTA III thing they would never of carried it on as they ALWAYS start a new era when they move onto a next generation of consoles. Also the III era was done in my opinion and even Rockstar stated that also i am not saying i am totally against it i am just predicting out of MY opinion Rockstar would not transfer characters over from one era to another as it causes confusion.

El Burro
Looks kinda the same as GTA III but I'd say he was different from III EB after reading this article.

You make a good point with the 'new console brings new era' thing.

Personally I believe that all the events of III were 'mirrored' in the IV universe, except LC was different and the Mafia families had different names.
I also support the idea that by 2008, all the III era protagonists were dead.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Let's leave the beef, and yo Anth, thanks but I actually don't f*cking care. I've always wanted for characters to re-appear and now they will.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

Thats OK mate its your consept.

JTbrokerbridge
  • JTbrokerbridge

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

i love LC heres some places you could add
staten island
long island
jamacia bay
queensbridge
yonkers
newark(with airport)
atlantic city
and stadiums

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

I have some places you should add that wernt in GTA IV:

Staten Island
Long Island
Yankees Stadium
Newark
more of Alderney
more of Algonquin
more of Bohan.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

I'm not gonna go as far as Long Island, but I'll promise more Alderney and at least some of Staten Island and of course, more landmarks like the Yankees Stadium and famous projects like Queensbridge which are of course important to the gangsta enviroment of the story.

It's 17PM in Finland and I'll be nerding the whole night since my parents are away, so as soon as I get myself off my Xbox playing Bad Company 2, I'll start putting in some serious work on the map.

AnthMUFC-Champs
  • AnthMUFC-Champs

MUFC-CHAMPS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:17 PM

Oh OK its your call mate i do however think Long Island would be a good addition buy hay its up to you.

moogadamoney
  • moogadamoney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

yo da sh*t is fly my opinon this sh*t should go through but yo hit me up i got some fly sugggstions

GunnyBOS
  • GunnyBOS

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

it looks good

but in my option

I don't really care what Rockstar games decides what to do

I just love GTA so much

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:06 AM

I'm gonna bump this... and make a suggestion. Maybe you could call S.I. Richman Island since the county name of Staten Islan is Richmond County and it being viewed as a more affluent area of NYC.. Just a thought man.

Cheat
  • Cheat

• The Connection

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 16 2010, 04:06)
I'm gonna bump this... and make a suggestion. Maybe you could call S.I. Richman Island since the county name of Staten Islan is Richmond County and it being viewed as a more affluent area of NYC.. Just a thought man.

Thanks for the bump, I was gonna do it today *cough*or tomorrow*cough*.
Anyways, I red this post just after updating, and it's funny how we thought alike: I was gonna name Staten Island as Richmond Island biggrin.gif

Sorry for the hiatus, now we have Major Updates:

- New map and some other new graphics, thanks to Ats and The Guru
- Detailed information on the new enviroment (more info to come on those!)

Check them out and give comments!

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:49 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 08 July 2011 - 12:17 PM.

QUOTE (Cheat @ Mar 16 2010, 16:12)
QUOTE (Money Over Bullsh*t @ Mar 16 2010, 04:06)

Thanks for the bump, I was gonna do it today *cough*or tomorrow*cough*.
Anyways, I red this post just after updating, and it's funny how we thought alike: I was gonna name Staten Island as Richmond Island biggrin.gif

Sorry for the hiatus, now we have Major Updates:

- New map and some other new graphics, thanks to Ats and The Guru
- Detailed information on the new enviroment (more info to come on those!)

Check them out and give comments!

Yeah it seems like a good name.. Probably not as creative as Algonquin or Alderney but it sounds suitable. If you need help with any neighborhood names or any thing let me know. That map is great BTW icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users