Photo

Fun tricks you may not have heard of...

205 replies to this topic
Ultravox
  • Ultravox

domo arigato shinse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:46 AM Edited by Ultravox, 27 January 2012 - 06:51 AM.

I'm sorry if this was already mentioned as I skipped a couple pages, but does anybody remember how to do that 9-11 terrorist attack easter-egg/trick thing in tbogt? I'm almost positive someone does.
It should really be mentioned in here. Though, I just can't really remember exactly how to do it. I think a friend once showed it to me, and now I can't find crap on it for some reason. confused.gif

I know you go to any sky-diving location in times square, then I think you shoot an RPG once on the roof(?), then glide down to a crowded area, and finally get attacked by the 15-20 patriotic peds that you land near.
Correct me if I'm wrong though, I only did it a couple times back when the dlc released.
I'm gonna try a few things to see if I can jogg my memory anyway.

EDMEISTERX
  • EDMEISTERX

My gun is my word,uncensored of course.

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:55 PM Edited by EDMEISTERX, 27 January 2012 - 05:30 PM.

I ussually do this trick in the Dukes hospital.

step 1. Locate the Dukes hospital (or if your lazy just die in the area of Dukes)

step 2.Go in there and hit a nurse devil.gif (alot of guys will start to attack you)

step 3.Jump over the counter in the hospitals reception and wait for those hostile guys to follow you.

step 4.When they jump on the counter hit them with a punch(not very effective) or an alternate punch(ussualy causes some funny stuff)

I once hit a nurse and she started to attack me and i hit her with an alternate punch and she started to hang in the ceiling.Sometimes i hit the some one with a alternate punch and he/she did a backflip.I dont think that many people know this. biggrin.gif

AxER
  • AxER

Anarchys New Groove.

• Members

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'd never thought about shooting the window of a locked car out while in a rush before, that's clever!

I can only think of one tiny thing, when driving occasionally the hood of the car will pop up and after a moment or two it fly off. If you don't want to lose the hood, just tap the brakes lightly as you're driving along, the forward force should make the hood close shut. Walla, you no longer need drive around with your engine in the open air.

Not the greatest trick in the world, but it's something nifty I do from time to time.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

no idea if its been said, but if u hang around a group of chatting peds (esp gang members) long enough they will start staring at u and tell u to go away, if u persist they may pull a weapon to scare you or start punching you

turkeygoo2
  • turkeygoo2

Raging Hardon!!

• Members

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:09 AM

If your car has broken down in multiplayer kick the engine and it will work again.

anthony5887854
  • anthony5887854

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

I already knw all this suicidal.gif orly.gif stuff so it doesn't really change anything cool.gif

Nigel xD
  • Nigel xD

R! (Since '08)

• Members

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (AxER @ Tuesday, Jan 31 2012, 20:07)
I can only think of one tiny thing, when driving occasionally the hood of the car will pop up and after a moment or two it fly off. If you don't want to lose the hood, just tap the brakes lightly as you're driving along, the forward force should make the hood close shut. Walla, you no longer need drive around with your engine in the open air.

Not the greatest trick in the world, but it's something nifty I do from time to time.

Jesus Christ that is brilliant.
I gotta try that!

I have this trick that I do when I have a wanted level of 4 or more and I just can't seem to shake the cops.
I dip into alleyways and side streets and quickly maneuver between them quickly.

The cops just seemingly disappear from close to you and you're free to make the mad dash to the edge of the wanted level circle-thing! icon14.gif

I do this in TBoGT.

StuartBaggs
  • StuartBaggs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

On TBOGT, next to one of the hospitals you respawn at, there is a railway which you can drive on to via a gap in the wall. If you go down onto the railway with any wanted level with a car or bike, and turn around you can drive down into the tunnel. You go into the tunnel and keep driving and you get rid of any wanted level, even if it's 6 star. This also works if you go down on of the staircases leading to the subway on a bike and once you get on the tracks, drive in either direction till your out the circle.

JuniorTee713
  • JuniorTee713

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

If you blow up an armored truck money appears on the ground to collect.

Legacy-666_
  • Legacy-666_

Get the Gun,Get the Gun,shoot,shoot,shoot

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:11 AM

^ its a great way to collect money, though it often draws the attention of the cops. Hijack it, then take it to a sucluded spot before blowing it up.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Legacy-666_ @ Tuesday, Feb 28 2012, 07:11)
^ its a great way to collect money, though it often draws the attention of the cops. Hijack it, then take it to a sucluded spot before blowing it up.

still two stars. i get one, and park over a burning barrel, technically, you didn't blow it up, it was an accident, according to game logic... money, no problems

CassiusDio
  • CassiusDio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

^^^ Or drive it somewhere where you can crash it into things. Remember that if it stalls, use the phone to restart the engine. When the engine catches fire bail out and retreat to a safe distance. When it explodes no wanted level.

aceswild6
  • aceswild6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Two things I have found, one in TBOGT, and one in Vanilla

AKUMA- I have found that the Akuma is really good at stunts. If you accelerate to just about any speed and pull back on the left stick, it will hold the wheelie for up to a minute. It looks as if it is weightless, being lifted by the wind.

At Autoeroticar, in plain GTA IV, after completing the main story (about 60% complete, I started noticing about 7 single piles of money on the floor and in the road. Naturally, I picked them up. What was weird (and awesome) about it was that each one was worth about 2200 dollars! I haven't checked to see if it respawns (I have dedicated saves that I don't overwrite). Has anyone else experienced this possible glitch?

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

If you continue to push someone into a wall or something solid, They will eventually(Quickly, usually) die, no wanted, no problems, normally some cash!

markleshark7
  • markleshark7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:08 PM Edited by markleshark7, 19 April 2012 - 01:27 PM.

easy way to escape a 3-4-5 star wanted level is to go to albany avenue past the cop shop where the dip is under the bridge. continue ahead but go to the left of the road so you remain on level ground, take a left again on the sidewalk, then a right. there is some stairs there, drive up them, then speed along to broker, the cops cant see you here! make sure you got a small car, easy to turn ont he sidewalk and one with good acceleration during the stairs so you dont get busted

you can check your emails in the hospital on cassidy street and not have to pay.

in original gta 4 there is always an infernus parked on montauk avenue outside the bar/restaurant place. at least, there always is on my copy

you can steal a turismo and drive it stevies for easy cash

on tbogt multiplayer in the airport, go to where the 3 heli's are then look at the building behind them, there is some steps to the right. get a motorbike and drive down the runway and do a wheelie up the stairs. the bike will jump to the level above and you'll fly off. but its cool to do

when you do missions for gerry when hes in prison, 2 of the names written on the wall behind him are 'isaac hunt' and 'seymour fani'

you can get a prostitute and flip the car, pay for the service and watch the car boune upside down!

get a chopper and fly to the statue of liberty. fly low towards the highest level possible and jump onto the balcony. try and run through one of the 4 doors on either side. on the inside, when you locate the one and only door you can go through, there is a ladder. climb to the top and there is the heart of liberty, a real, tired up beating heart which can be shot and spurt blood. i posted this according to original gta 4 but apparently on tbogt all doors work and sometimes if u pass out after getting drunk you'll wake up there.

if you get drunk on tbogt and pass out, you'll wake up at random places some ive waked up at is in the middle of the island at middle park, star junction dumpster and statue of liberty

there is sometimes gta sa purple dildo sticking out from piles of rubble and dumpsters. in hove beach's sex shop there is a vibrator that niko can pick up and attack people causing light damage (can be found on gta wikia)

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (aceswild6 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 21:26)
At Autoeroticar, in plain GTA IV, after completing the main story (about 60% complete, I started noticing about 7 single piles of money on the floor and in the road. Naturally, I picked them up. What was weird (and awesome) about it was that each one was worth about 2200 dollars! I haven't checked to see if it respawns (I have dedicated saves that I don't overwrite). Has anyone else experienced this possible glitch?

I checked this yesterday and yes, it's true. Several piles of money, each containing around $2000. Accumulated around $10 000 in total! smile.gif

Not sure if it respawns too, lol. I'll check it out some other time, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Thanks for sharing this!

Boss Greaser
  • Boss Greaser

Together We Rise!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Crouch up stairs instead of walking. Goes faster and you don't get caught on steps.

Also when your about to fall of a high ledge, if you roll at the last second your guy will land on his feet fine.

NikoPosch
  • NikoPosch

GTA IV 4 Life

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (aceswild6 @ Sunday, Apr 8 2012, 21:26)

I checked this yesterday and yes, it's true. Several piles of money, each containing around $2000. Accumulated around $10 000 in total! 

Not sure if it respawns too, lol. I'll check it out some other time, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Thanks for sharing this!

The money was dropped by the mobsters you killed at autoeroticar in the mission payback for Jimmy Pegorino. It can be picked up right away or it else it stays there to be collected forever.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Boss Greaser @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 10:03)
Crouch up stairs instead of walking. Goes faster and you don't get caught on steps.

Also when your about to fall of a high ledge, if you roll at the last second your guy will land on his feet fine.

Jumping up stairs is way faster.

seagull1971
  • seagull1971

Loose Cannon

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Another one to add. Get some attention from the police near a hospital and run inside quickly. When you are in there, jump over the reception desk on your left and hide behind the wall in the corner. You will then see loads of cops coming in looking for you and start talking to each other about where you are. "Come out you son of a Bit*h" is one of them. They will never find you unless you fire a weapon

Texturiser
  • Texturiser

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Here's an extremely useful trick i have been using for years, im not sure if it works on xbox but positive it works for ps3 and i'm very sorry if the trick is well known of already been mentioned.

If you are on multiplayer and your body catches fire in any way (eg. moltov, fire barrel...) you can avoid yourself from loosing health just by pressing Start > PS Button and then wait like 15 seconds for the flame to go out tounge.gif

Very useful indeed lol.gif

CJ-Killa
  • CJ-Killa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I read all posts of this thread and did not see one of the best glitches. Maybe only I have found out about it... I doubt. Anyway... This glitch allows you to survive falling from great heights. This only works between some heights though, too low or too high will result in death. I first found it when I died in Staunton Island. From the hospital I just went forward, to the hallway where occasionally 3 cops are chatting about. I went up the stairs, into the window cleaner and up. Then, I stood on the edge of the building and threw a molotov at the ground. Naturally, Niko started burning while falling, but to my surprise, when he hit the ground he did not lose any health. I repeated this many times over, same results. I tried from taller and smaller buildings and I died, there must be a certain range in which this works. It probably works in multiplayer as well, as long as you pause the game so you do not burn to death.

monsterjamp
  • monsterjamp

LSAF

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

I know one holding triangle on the PS3 while in a car turns off the engine and gets you out of the car.

Texturiser
  • Texturiser

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

For Disallow players

Holding down R2 (or RT for xbox) about half way down makes riticule smaller, very useful if you wamt accurate shots or if you like moving side to side icon14.gif

Lt253t4rbod4de
  • Lt253t4rbod4de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:23 PM Edited by Lt253t4rbod4de, 15 June 2012 - 06:26 PM.

Dont know if dis wuz posted B4,sorry!
Mission for Frankie Mcreary,Kill guy through window.
1/ Go to top of roof
2/ Cutscene begins,look carefully at numder on phone,remember number(on phone in alderney state correctional aswell)
3/ Call number,Guy answers phone
4/ If u want u can listen on conversation,OR,kill him straight away.
Tip i picked up wile playing. biggrin.gif

Savagemessiah
  • Savagemessiah

Leader Of The Rats

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I fun glitch I noticed when I was driving around causing chaos. I shot a guard with my sniper and he started floating around o.O

I don't know if it will work for anyone else but here is what you'll need to do:

1 - Go to the "Booth Tunnel" and drive to the end ( I'm not sure but I think there is a guard at both sides)

2 - If you are to close this won't work, stand where the tunnel begins, just so that you can see the guardpost and the guard.

3 - Pull out the sniper and shoot the guard, he will then start floating! You can now approach the floating guard and move him around by shooting him. If you manage to shoot him out of the guardpost then he will fly up to the roof of the booth tunnel. After a while he will fall down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users