» «
Photo

Fun tricks you may not have heard of...

205 replies to this topic
Stick Image
  • Stick Image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:39 AM Edited by Stick Image, 01 March 2010 - 05:08 PM.

I thought it would be fun if we all got together and posted things you may not know about.

YES. Things will get posted YOU may know about. This is bound to happen, don't let it get you worked up. This for people to read who may not already know. Hopefully I will learn something I didn't know.

Add little known easter eggs, gameplay tricks, funny stuff... whatever.

As an example:

You can pick up cigarettes off the ground and Niko/Johnny/Luis will hold them between their fingers like they are smoking.

You can take dates and friends back to playboy X's place and play pool there.

If you smash up a car with a baseball bat long enough, the cops will be called for destruction of property/vehicle damage.

Dialing 911 will restart a stalled car.

If you back a van or other tall vehicle to fire escapes, you can climb up them.

Rapidly alternating pressing L2/R2(LT/RT) while hot wiring a car will start it faster.

You can cut the tails off of helicopters with the blades of your own copter.

Jump in guys.

Goose21
  • Goose21

owned.

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

- You can rob Modo. (I bet almost everyone knows this except me.. I found out like 2 days ago by accident.)

Stick Image
  • Stick Image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:07 AM Edited by Stick Image, 01 March 2010 - 08:10 AM.

Actually that I did not know. I'm not exactly a forum veteran but i've been playing the gme since it was released pretty steadily.

That's the reason I started this thread, I figured that everyone must not know a few things. I'm surprised more people haven't added.

Also (Sorf of obvious) The cars in this game have realistic brakes that lock. Often you'll slow down faster putting slow steady pressure on the breaks. Slamming down on the trigger causes them to lock and to make the car skid.

If you say yes to a friend to go hang out and then call back and cancel, you won't lose like or respect like you might have had you said no. Good way to keep friends at max or to keep them from getting worse.

punknoodle
  • punknoodle

A friend in need is a PEST!!!

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:34 AM Edited by punknoodle, 01 March 2010 - 01:06 PM.

I've only tried this at the lower/southern hospital in Broker/first island, across from a police station, where you respawn and there is a hot dog stand just to your left...

If you shoot the little gas tank on the hot dog stand at point blank range, WITH A SHOTGUN,
it blows and nothing happens to Nico!!! Shooting it with any other weapon blows you sky-high!

Also, after respawning there, WITHOUT MOVING,
cheat up an Annihilator Heli and the tail rotor is right above the hot dog stand and if any vehicle doesnt smack into the heli shifting it, when you enter the heli and the rotors start turning it sometimes will blow up the stand tossing the heli into the police station or thereabouts!

Edit: At the helitours place when a heli takes off it will return TO THE SAME pad it took off from in approx. 2 1/2 game hours...park a bus or two or another heli there and watch the fun. Buses parked in street nearby, thread them thru the posts just southwest of Helitours entrance!

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Stick Image @ Mar 1 2010, 09:07)
Actually that I did not know. I'm not exactly a forum veteran but i've been playing the gme since it was released pretty steadily.

That's the reason I started this thread, I figured that everyone must not know a few things. I'm surprised more people haven't added.

Also (Sorf of obvious) The cars in this game have realistic brakes that lock. Often you'll slow down faster putting slow steady pressure on the breaks. Slamming down on the trigger causes them to lock and to make the car skid.

If you say yes to a friend to go hang out and then call back and cancel, you won't lose like or respect like you might have had you said no. Good way to keep friends at max or to keep them from getting worse.

Now the brake thing I did not know, I always did wonder why when I hit my breaks that I start skidding, I'll try to apply less pressure and see what happens.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Stick Image @ Mar 1 2010, 01:39)

Rapidly alternating pressing L1/R1(LB/RB) while hot wiring a car will start it faster.

That is incorrect. L1 is the shoting buttom while in cars. L2 and R2 seems more likely.

Stick Image
  • Stick Image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:09 PM Edited by Stick Image, 01 March 2010 - 05:23 PM.

^ You're absolutely right simon.

I fixed it.

Gangsta, obviously it will only work with an analog controller like the 360 or PS3, I don't know if they make touch sensitive analog type keyboards for PC.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

I didn't know about taking your friends to play pool at PBX house.

also you can call anyone to restart your car not just 911.

In mutiplayer if you pause the game before getting in cars/helis/bikes they will not start untill you unpause. If you pause while on fire you will not take damage from the fire till you unpause. If you pause before dying you will not spawn till you unpause.

I have alot of tips too many to put into 1 post. lol

Stick Image
  • Stick Image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:10 PM

That's the point GTAking. tounge.gif

Keep em coming.

GTA:RF
  • GTA:RF

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:28 AM Edited by GTA:RF, 02 March 2010 - 04:46 AM.

I don't think that cigarette smoking trick works...
I'll try it and i'll it you back. dontgetit.gif

-EDIT-
IT WORKS!
I EVEN SWAPED A PEDESTRIAN IPod! tounge.gif
How about THAT!

Stick Image
  • Stick Image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:57 AM

^ biggrin.gif

See this what I'm saying people. Share your secrets even if you think everyone knows them. Someone won't and they'll be excited. I know people are holding out.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

You can glitch inside building by hanging on a tall vehicle that's parked besided the building and just move right into the building.

Jase508
  • Jase508

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (Stick Image @ Mar 1 2010, 01:39)
Dialing 911 will restart a stalled car.

actually any number whatsoever will. i always just dial 5 and call it and my car miraculously starts

gpk
  • gpk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

There are several stores you can rob:

-Laundry near Hove Beach (the one where you do a mission for Vlad).
-Laundry in Dukes at East Burough Bridge.
-All 3 TW@ internet cafes.
-Modo
-Laundry in Alderny City at north end of Mahesh Ave.

Some other ways to make money:

If you run over and kill Brian with a car, he will drop up to $1500. The amount goes up depending on which encounter location.

Running over Eddie Low and Jeff at thier final encounter locations will yield some nice money as well.

You can park a Gruppe 6 Securicar over a burning trash barrel and it will eventually set the engine on fire. When it blows up, you get $1100 to $1500 without gaining a wanted level.

You can push another car into a gas pump with an undamaged Securicar. The car you pushed will explode right in front of you. Park the Securicar up against the flaming wreck and run!

Killing pedestrians at ATMs. Run a block away and come back, sometimes money respawns.

Stick Image
  • Stick Image

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Wow. I didn't now half of that. So you can rob atms and armored cars?

gpk
  • gpk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

Yes, you can rob pedestrians after they take money out of an ATM and you can blow up armored cars.

Note: If you use a weapon to blow up a Securicar you will gain a wanted level.

The biggest money-maker in the game is Stevie's Garage. After you complete his 30 text-thefts, you can sell almost any vehicle there. Bohan is full of Cavalcades which net $7000 in perfect condition. If you drive a Tourismo or Infernus into Bohan and sell it, they usually respawn many times. Chase em down and jack them for $11000.

SeraphimSoldier
  • SeraphimSoldier

Punishing Criminals

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:54 AM

Turismos and Super GTs are worth $12,000, I think.

gpk
  • gpk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

When doing the assassin mission "Industrial Action" for The Fixer, there is a big bag of money in the middle of the walkway where the targets are meeting. Go up the long stairs at the back of the building and then up to the walkway for $10,000!

The criminals have a Super GT in the Most Wanted mission at the parking garage in Purgatory.

After doing the story mission "No.1" for Brucie, he calls you to say "the guys you raced want a rematch". You can now call Brucie to do street races. When you go to the first race, look for special cars like Infernus, Comet, Super GT and such to spawn on the way. It usually happens on the first race.

There is a nitrous injected two-door Sultan hidden behind the garage of the abandoned house on the north-east corner of Alderny. It respawns an unlimited number of times so steal it often.

Faledak
  • Faledak

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:24 PM

You can place bomb (after you've gained packie's respect) under securicar and you wont get any wanted lvl for blowing it

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:31 AM

Jumping up stairs

instead of running up the stairs like a slowpoke, simply run and jump and you will clear alot of the stairs. saves alot of time.

immediately stop your car at any speed

while driving your car, simply open your camera phone and take a picture, this will bring your car to an immediate stop. pretty handy

ur friends will never hate you

whenever your friends call you for an activity, say "yes"... after you hang up, call them back and choose "cancel plans"... this will get you out of the activity and it wont lower your friendship at all.

those are all i can think of right now... ima go play now and get more. dont hold anything back ppl... post any cool thing, even if you think everyone knows it. because someone might not

marquisman
  • marquisman

Where is me VIRGO... fool?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:11 PM

lastnight i was spawning the jet max everywhere like on the hiway but then made my way to the best swingset lol. i would pawn the jetmax to fall between the fence and the swing set and it would fling the boat far away lol but, if you get the boat to fall in the right place, you can make the swing set jump all over the place and go on its side. then it will disapear lol. dont worry, if you die or leave and come back, it will reapear.

punknoodle
  • punknoodle

• Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:44 PM

Speaking of the "Swingset Glitch" does everyone
know that when the SS has been "activated" by being touched (by a car say) and its jerking and clanging, just walk ol Nico over to it and position
him under the overhead part and "climb", he'll jump up and hang there (sometimes he climbs over it just redo) and mostly he'll die a horrible
death in uncountable ways but occasionally it'll toss him just like a car!
I mention this cos when I first started GTA IV and watched other peoples vids on YouTub they gave the impression that it could only be done in multiplayer...WRONG!

I gotta try that Jetmax thing! I've seen it on YouTub too.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

If you are on the subway and you pull out your phone and go into Camera mode you can look around the subway interiour without the Black and White view you get on Cinematic Mode.

If you park a car (Cavaclade for e.g.) in shallow water untill the wtater is about halfway up the back wheels you can lower the suspension by shooting above the wheels. (the reason you park it in water is to stop it catching fire)

Video on how to Lower Cars:

If you hail a Taxi but you only want to go to the Weapon Shop and back simply get a taxi to the desired location and then when you get out press LB again to hail the taxi and it will be waiting for you when you come out (great for missions if you need to quickly purchase weapons)

punknoodle
  • punknoodle

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:22 PM Edited by punknoodle, 05 October 2010 - 12:42 AM.

At Jimmy Pegorino's house, in northwest Aldernay, during several missions you have to go there...when there was a "marker" in the city map that you can waypoint...WHEN YOU TAKE A TAXI...

once the taxi drops you off he often heads up the driveway to either Jimmys house, which is the second one, or to the first one, both have opening garages, and he will drive in circles and/or get lodged in the garage...basically its just fun to watch a clueless cabbie!

Several times I took a cab (waypointed where the marker was at the base of the driveway) when the mission marker wasnt there, to test it, and the cab would always just drive off normal. I'm on PC.

Bryan_Belic
  • Bryan_Belic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Want an NRG900 bike very early on in the game, like after the first mission, driving Roman home?

Steal the most expensive-looking vehicle you can find, like a Range Rover, Hummer, Mercedes, limousine, etc., and begin hanging out by the police station near the airport. It may take a few attempts and swapping luxury vehicles but eventually you will see an NRG900 pass by there.

Once you have one, immediately go to Bohan where they should spawn like weeds around the second safehouse. You can save vehicles at that safehouse even before you live there. Park a couple spare bikes there and get a third for the trip home.

Remember, motorcycles don't have to pay the bridge toll. Just slip through the narrow space beside the toll gates.

gpk
  • gpk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

There is an NRG 900 parked at the north end of the airport runway next to some body armor.

You can cause gangs of criminals to shoot it out with the police.

Get a cop car and go someplace where there are alot of cops. Star Junction for instance. Select current crimes in the police computer until you get gang activity nearby. Usually just driving up on the criminals will cause them to start shooting at you. If you do not shoot at the criminals, the police will leave you alone.

The police will usually call for backup. I saw one gang take down about 20 cops before they were all killed. An ambulance showed up and got blown up by a grenade. I ran around and picked up dropped weapons.

Even if you dont fire a shot, it counts toward your vigilante missions.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (gpk @ Mar 9 2010, 17:22)
There is an NRG 900 parked at the north end of the airport runway next to some body armor.

Get a cop car and go someplace where there are alot of cops. Star Junction for instance. Select current crimes in the police computer until you get gang activity nearby. Usually just driving up on the criminals will cause them to start shooting at you. If you do not shoot at the criminals, the police will leave you alone.

The police will usually call for backup. I saw one gang take down about 20 cops before they were all killed. An ambulance showed up and got blown up by a grenade. I ran around and picked up dropped weapons.

I didn't know this, nice!

I don't see why vigilante missions get you a wanted level, whats the point in doing them if that's the case, i don't get it.

Anyway i have another one:

I HAVENT TRIED THIS SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S TRUE

Apparently in Vannila GTA IV if you dial some of the numbers you see around LC (advertising etc.) into Niko's phone you can have a hilarious prank call with someone on the other side. (haven't tried)

I saw a video about it on youtuibe but it could have been edited to sound like a prank call, but i doubt it because it looked like real footage. I also searched on google and found some places that said you can do it but other people said you can't so i duuno. Try looking at billboards or any number you see. (not all will work)

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Mar 9 2010, 17:47)
QUOTE (gpk @ Mar 9 2010, 17:22)

I didn't know this, nice!

I don't see why vigilante missions get you a wanted level, whats the point in doing them if that's the case, i don't get it.

Anyway i have another one:

I HAVENT TRIED THIS SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S TRUE

Apparently in Vannila GTA IV if you dial some of the numbers you see around LC (advertising etc.) into Niko's phone you can have a hilarious prank call with someone on the other side. (haven't tried)

I saw a video about it on youtuibe but it could have been edited to sound like a prank call, but i doubt it because it looked like real footage. I also searched on google and found some places that said you can do it but other people said you can't so i duuno. Try looking at billboards or any number you see. (not all will work)

It's not true.

LordDastardly
  • LordDastardly

Official LC Hotdog Stand Explosive Defuser

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

Thanks for these tips, really helpful. I knew most of them but the few I didn't know I really good! biggrin.gif

My tip in return: (not very good though)

There is a police car behind the station where you collect missions for Francis McReary. It can always be stolen without a wanted level for when you need a police car quickly and efficiently. (It is in an L shaped alley near the Split Sides Comedy Club).

Also, you can use the computer for free internet if you use the security guards in PBX's penthouse.

If you are falling from a high height and you hit something low at an angle before you hit the floor, you can survive.

massrcor
  • massrcor

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

Early Automatic Pistol - go to the gun shop in broker and kill the guy inside. you have to wait for him to pull the gun out and point it at you before you kill him, otherwise you wont get it.

Early Auto-Shotgun - simply go to the strip club (the Triangle Club) in bohan. once you walk in you'll see a mangers office to the left. walk in and it will be on the floor.

Early Carbine Rifle - go to happiness island and kill the guard that has one. (BTW these are tips to get weapons early without blocking achievements via cheats.)

Easy Health - Call an ambulance via 911. once they arrive they will heal you for like 1000$ give or take. once they heal you, kill them and get your money back. this is handy if your out in the middle of nowhere with no health and little money.

im gonna go play some more and find some more... and i hope that gang vs. police thing works, sounds baddass \m/... but hear it doesnt work...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users