Photo

Playing GTA on PS3

5 replies to this topic
Pro wrestler
  • Pro wrestler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

I have been asking around for information about the PS3's backward compatibility with original Playstation games and I have gotten several contradictory answers to my question. I have heard that only the original models are compatible with original Playstation games. I think this is a false statement as Wikipedia says that "All models include PlayStation One backward compatibility through software emulation.". I think people are talking about the compatibility with PS2 games here. But what does "backward compatibility through software emulation" mean? Do I have to download something to play Playstation games? And does this mean that it is only compatible with certain Playstation games?

What I really want to know is; If I buy GTA, GTA London and GTA 2 for Playstation, will I be able to play it on my PS3 (not the original model but a more recent one)?

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

All models play PS1 games but only some older models play PS2 games. GTA1, GTA2 and London will work fine but the PS1 versions aren't too great compared to the PC versions.

fiercedeity9
  • fiercedeity9

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, the PC versions are much better but if you want to play the PS1 versions make sure that you have the correct games for your PS3's region. I have an NTSC PS1 game that my PAL PS3 won't play "due to region restrictions".

Pro wrestler
  • Pro wrestler

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:22 PM Edited by Pro wrestler, 28 February 2010 - 02:33 PM.

Thank you for clearing that out!

What is better in the PC version? Less loading times?

I really prefer playing with a joypad (wich I don't have for the PC) that's why I want to play on the PS3.

Sektor
  • Sektor

GTAMP.com

• Members

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:04 PM

Less loading times, much better graphics, more cars, more peds, more weapons, some bugs fixed and of course multiplayer.

You can use a PS3 controller on PC with http://www.motioninjoy.com.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:44 PM

yeah pc version is loads better, much smoother too

also the ps1 doesnt have gta london 1961, it only has 69....the pc has 61

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users