Photo

[Missions] Codename: Zulu

117 replies to this topic
billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

Awesome, buddy. I hope you'll create another mission series.! Cuz' your mission is fantastic. I can't wait.

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

I just played acts one through to 3 and I am impressed. Act one was ruined by lots of bugs though.

Levindski
  • Levindski

Azure

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

I have to say; this is some of the best stuff around here. My only problem with it is the difficulty: I can't seem to beat half of the missions!

However, that's probably to be expected since the real SA's missions now seem ridiculously easy, when compared to yours... I shall give them another try tomorrow!

c3r3a1K1L13r
  • c3r3a1K1L13r

Newcomer in DYOM

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:05 AM

Hey, i am starting a mission pack, (i already done the first mission) and got inspiration from this mod, anyway THIS MOD IS AWESOME !!!!

hey, check my mission

http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=12783

Thanks for this missions and for giving me inspiration biggrin.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:59 AM Edited by Chimpso, 24 August 2010 - 02:37 AM.

^Way to totally advertise your mission in someone elses thread.

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Everyone only say it's awesome sly.gif maybe it is, but i keep raging when i try like 8th time to jump with this sh*tty parachute in first few missions cry.gif Anyway i think part two of these series wouldn't be really cool idea for me confused.gif Maybe much people enjoy this, but i think something fresh, and good would be needed on these forums. I guess saying that makes me responsable for creating another series, but since i have only few ideas ( lol ) and my previous stories were likely not liked, it's hard for me to sit and make something.

Also, the forums are beginning to get unused. This story/ or how you call it, mod, has been finished and you say you gotta get break from making missions. Perhaps Sgt. Cop may make something cool, but since he makes missions about year (or something around this) i guess it will take a bit time to get fans dozingoff.gif

Sadly no dyom v6 is coming to refresh dyom scene, but still, we've got this dyom, v5. Good anyways. Also, the sad thing is that the users are left for themselves, and only sometimes there is competition.

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

Over 10,000 downloads and recognised DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:46 PM Edited by Mattatatta, 29 August 2010 - 05:32 PM.

I might be returning back to make a new series, but first I shall deal with the bugs in previous missions. That is IF I feel the will and enthusiasm to take up DYOM again. With me, it has to be done either with full attention or not done at all. I guess that is why some people thought I had Asperger's Syndrome when I was younger xD Nah, I was just a little git who liked a bit of solitude.

Anyway, enough of my past, I have two ideas swimming in my mind. I'm not going to make a poll about it as I think of it as a waste of space. So I'll just post them here.

Idea One:
A survival/action mission series. It is about one ordinary man caught up in the center of a zombie apocalypse, and the journey he undertakes to escape the chaos and return home to his girlfriend, who he has recently become engaged to. You will have to work your way through the cities and towns, whilst dealing with zombies, gangs, political organisations who have taken the disaster as an opportunity to create their own colonies, and the military that is trying but failing to contain the outbreak.

This idea has a very linear storyline, and already has a story made up and read to go, sort of. It will take an average amount of time to develop and release

Idea Two:
An experimental idea with the purpose of creating true free-roaming gameplay. This idea is likely to meet failures that may completely derail the project, but may be an amazing innovation in Mission Design if pulled off.

The style of series is an Action/Shooter series. Set slightly in the future, where the Oil crisis has sparked a global rush for black gold by the world's most powerful nations and groups. With the last known source of oil in existance being located in San Andreas, the state has become a warzone as China, Russia, and the U.S. Army have moved to seize control of the precious resource. In amidst the chaos, the many gangs and organisations in San Andreas have risen into larger factions who are either dealing in the Black Market, plots of Treason and Seccession, or battles for control over entire cities.

With all factions and armies stuck in a stalemate, a new party has seen the opportunity for profit. MerCo, a Private Military Company, has decided to send in one of their top guns-for-hire to turn the conflict into a giant printing press for the company, and their mercenary.

This idea calls for a style of gameplay seen in Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, where the player is free to explore the area at their own pace and begin contracts when they want to. It also calls for the use of map modifications to create bases without affecting DYOM's object limit. On top of this, it also requires the missions to be totally kick arse, and plentiful.

This idea shall try to bring an almost non-linear storyline into play, where the player can play almost every mission in any order they shall choose. It currently lacks a solid story and overview of missions, as well as map design that shall have been incorporated into the series. Development time for this shall be long, just to get the basic frameworks complete such as the map and the first few missions, and that's assuming I DON'T get any hiccups
  • Platinum Card likes this

BDR
  • BDR

DYOM User

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

Both of the ideas are look cool. I need to think about it to choose one of them.

Asepl
  • Asepl

Proud DYOM user

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:35 AM

I guess... that i won't choose, both of these look nice, well, maybe idea with zombies is a bit... I just don't like zombies, but if combined with police, army etc. then it can be good.

I think this free-roaming non-linear story would be cool, but you would have to spend ages making one mission nervous.gif

So i dunno, i leave voting for others and decision for you bored.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

Both ideas sound pretty exnensive. It would be good to see your version of a Zombie Apocalypse.

UNRATED69
  • UNRATED69

suck my hammer

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:39 AM

Personaly, I think there are too many zombie style missions, and the only way they'll get noticed is if they're super innovative in some way.

The other idea, however, is a good one. I love Mercs, so a DYOM version of that would be cool, but like you said, it would take a sh*tload of time to make.

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

• Members

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (UNRATED69 @ Aug 31 2010, 01:39)
Personaly, I think there are too many zombie style missions, and the only way they'll get noticed is if they're super innovative in some way.

The other idea, however, is a good one. I love Mercs, so a DYOM version of that would be cool, but like you said, it would take a sh*tload of time to make.

Well, I'm angling towards the zombie-styled series. Because I've made the most progress with planning it. I've planned out all the missions, and its about 17 missions, so it is shorter than my first series. But I may have to make more due to needing to split up missions that hit limits.

Don't be fooled by the whole "zombie" theme. The zombies are the main antagonistic element in the story, but they kinda fall as a backdrop for an adventure story. The series is going to be driven by the narrative and the characters. There are going to be other conflicts being introduced into the story, most of which shall be more forefront and possibly dangerous than the zombie apocalypse taking place during the course of the story.

So, if you're looking for mindless zombie splatting - you're out of luck here. If you're looking for something like "The Survivors" by LeonCJ - you're out of luck and should be playing his series anyway. And if you're looking for a Resident Evil styled series - you're most definitely out of luck.

I'm currently doing final bug fixes to this series (Codename: Zulu, that's what this thread was for lol). Then I shall start work on the new series. When I make some progress, I shall start a new thread topic for it and get it uploaded.
  • Platinum Card likes this

billy7877
  • billy7877

CRAZY Because Design Your Own Mission

• Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

I think I more like the Idea one . But both of it is nice.

MrSand
  • MrSand

No more n00b, hello to amateur....

• Members

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

just finished your missions,lol xD
it crash my game a while ago...now i tried it again and it works!!!
nice storyline,plot(or whatever) and ending...
Overall i dont like it,but LOVE it!!!!Good Job(they're cool,too) icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

BTW 'bout the 2 ideas that you think of...i think zombie theme mission with a twist could be great...but idk much about the mercenaries though....

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

Just a small announcement I wanted to make:

I am finishing the final touches for V1.16.1, and shall be uploading the file on Xmas Eve.

This update is the FINAL update for the series. Meaning that there shall be no more updates after V1.16.1 under any circumstances. I have been delaying this update for quite some time, mostly since it appeared that nobody really wanted or needed the update urgently. In recent times, a sudden increase in interest in the series - and reports of the bugs that plague this series - has resurrected work on the update.

In this final update, the following problems shall be addressed:

- Missions that contain parachuting in them shall have alternative copies of the same missions available in this update. These alternatives are named "(alt)DYOM" with the number that corresponds to the mission number it is an alternative to. To play missions that have no parachuting in them, simply copy the (alt) missions over and remove the (alt) in their name. This has been done so that people who can get parachuting to work can play the normal missions with it, and those who cannot get parachuting can work have alternative files that they can use.

- The overall difficulty of the mission "Bleed Your Heart Out" will be lowered slightly, and further stabilised to prevent bugs.

- The mission "Moths To A Flame" will have a slight change. One of the objectives become active inside an interior while the player is outside, this causes the objective marker on the minimap to be misplaced, which can cause confusion. This bug was originally reported by AznKei, and is now finally being fixed.

Also, I am taking the time to write a complete synopsis of the story. This is being done to act as a way for players to better understand the events in each mission, and to tell players what they have missed in a mission that cannot get to work (remember I am not making any further updates), so if one finds themselves unable to complete a mission, they shall be able to read up on the story in that mission, so they still know what is going on.

List of files in the Final update (V1.16.1)

-Act I folder (7 DYOM files, plus 3 alternative DYOM files with no parachuting)
-Act II folder (5 DYOM files, plus 1 alternative DYOM file with no parachuting)
-Act III folder (7 DYOM files, plus 1 DYOM file intended for use in case of random "Mission Failed" during DYOM1)
-Act IV folder (3 DYOM files)
-Codename: Zulu Instruction Manual.txt (General information on the series, outlines some bugs and fixes, and contains the change log)
-READ THIS.txt (Seriously, read it.)
-Full Synopsis.txt (Contains the complete story. Full of spoilers, do not read unless you have to.)

As already mentioned, the final update should be ready on the 24th December. Whether it'll be ready for download then or later is another thing.

This is the last update for the series. After nearly a year since the first faltering missions were created (and quickly redone), this series shall finally come to a complete close in terms of updates and fixes. I aim to start a new series in the New Year, so it is best that I have all of my attention on that and not on updating this series.

Thanks to all of those who have supported this series, and I hope you shall enjoy the next series I'll make. And I also hope that this series shall continue to be the most popular DYOM series on GtaGarage (I'm not lying! See for yourself!), if not the second most popular after my second series! tounge.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

You don't actually need to remove parachuting. Just make the spawn point over water. So if the player's parachute fails they fall ionto the water and don't die. Then make a platform in the water nearby so that players can jump on it and use the jetpack cheat to get where they need to go.

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Chimpso @ Dec 23 2010, 10:13)
You don't actually need to remove parachuting. Just make the spawn point over water. So if the player's parachute fails they fall ionto the water and don't die. Then make a platform in the water nearby so that players can jump on it and use the jetpack cheat to get where they need to go.

That is rather over-complicated, and breaks the pace of the missions. Parachuting is not so important that it must be in the missions, it was meant to bring variety to missions, but because of the 50/50 chance of it not working, I have decided to make quick edits and publish alternatives without the parachuting. This preserves the pace of the missions at the cost of the entire parachuting segment.

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

• Members

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

Final version released! Download V1.16.1 FINAL from the official mod page on GTAGarage!

You can find the link to the mod page in the first post.

Thanks goes to all who have shown their support for this series by downloading, rating, and providing feedback on this series.

I think its safe to say, that the objective I gave myself almost a year ago now, which was to create a mission series that pushed the limits of DYOM, has been successfully achieved. I'm proud of what I have accomplished with this series - my first ever DYOM project. And maybe in the future I shall do it again, and create something for DYOM that is widely enjoyed by DYOM users and Mission Designers like myself.

Thank you for playing Codename: Zulu

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

Will we be seeing any more missions from you Matt? I can't wait to play whatever you come up with next biggrin.gif .

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:15 AM

For now, I am letting my ideas sit for a while. I'm also going to wait for DYOM V6 to become less buggy (which is pretty much done when compared to V5), my next series shall most likely be made in V5 though (either on actual V5, or through V6 but using V5's format), since it has no need for a storyline function - and since I wrote it with V5 in mind, it just feels 'wrong' to try to mold it into V6's storyline feature.

My mercs idea is still in consideration, even more so thanks to V6 being released. I pretty much came up with the mercs idea to try to bring freeroam into DYOM - which was originally going to be done through a special 'freeroam' mission as that was the only possible method tounge.gif

Now with V6, I have a third project I can start if I decide to even make my second project. I should start cranking missions in a few weeks if I do, since I have to wait for my new video card (old one was faulty) and my Cleo installation doesn't exist (completely removed it due to fatal bugs). So right now I'm just playing SAMP with no mods installed on 640 x 480 res xP It is probably the most horrible way to play SA nowadays with such advanced technology and mods, but I digress.

In any case, my second project will be the Zombie Apocalypse one. Though I'm probably not going to make the Zombies actual Zombies. More often than not, the Zombies in today's films and games are not typical, shuffling meat-bags, and are instead some form of mutant or just a fatally infected human.

To be honest, the zombies are a rather minor aspect of the upcoming series, they are the cause of the story, but play a minor role as the story carries on, as the protagonist meets more formidable foes. Though don't get me wrong, there shall be plenty of gut-splatting and maiming against these 'zombies' smile.gif

chrisfxc
  • chrisfxc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:19 AM Edited by Suction Testicle Man, 14 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

And if you want to see the playthrough of this DYOM Codename Zulu only at my channel!

www.zombo.com!
thx to mattatatta!

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Soldier

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

You bumping the topic one year old? Why you didn't just used PM? Next time use PM,just wanted to tell you this,no offense.

Shahonix
  • Shahonix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

You could've PM him. Like Andrej said. And also, ask his permission before doing the mission walkthrough.

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Reporting the topic is enough.

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Allow me to pin a masterpiece from back in the old days.

• Chips237 and Juice the Joos like this

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Chimpso, 6 days ago.

Allow me to pin a masterpiece from back in the old days.

Hehehe, I feel special. I know Mattatatta on a different site. I literally bumped into him one day there and we both we're like, "Oh! It's you!"

He's doing well. Mega talented artist, that's for sure: http://mattatatta.deviantart.com/

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

Where's my surfer girl?

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 5 days ago

Wow, this was the first mission series I've played, and I still think it's amazing.

I'm about to play this again, lol.
  • Juice the Joos likes this

The Wise Keys
  • The Wise Keys

We come and go

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 days ago

I played this twice and I have to say the missions were repetitive. It's always go in Russian base, kill Russians, steal Russian information, escape Russian backup blah blah. Most overrated mission pack to dae.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users