Photo

SAVE problem!

10 replies to this topic
Draco969696
  • Draco969696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:56 AM

I accidently deleted my save, how can I get it back??
It's nealy 100%.................. sad.gif
PLZ HELP!!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

Isn't any of the other Seven Slots close to what you lost?

Select a saved file that's close to what you had and redress CJ?
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=356192

Draco969696
  • Draco969696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:05 AM Edited by Draco969696, 23 February 2010 - 01:08 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Feb 23 2010, 01:00)
Isn't any of the other Seven Slots close to what you lost?

Select a saved file that's close to what you had and redress CJ?
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=356192

Unluckily, there isn't any. They are far away from 100%........... sad.gif
What xcan i do to get my save back?

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:59 AM

Theres nothing you can do. Once you lose a save, it's gone forever unless you have a backup.
I had to learn the hard way with Vice City Stories.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

A look through (Search) the forum topics shows one other person having the same problem.
There was NO way to get it back.

Deleted files get written over too quickly for even a 'Recovery' type program to find anything useful.

The only way it might be recovered was if it was deleteted and saved to the Wastebasket, which it wouldn't be if deleted in the games menu.

Dstrickt
  • Dstrickt

Advocate

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:56 AM Edited by Dstrickt, 23 February 2010 - 03:59 AM.

Here's another thing... did you check the recycling bin? sarcasm.gif

Usually when you delete something, it goes in there first. But if you emptied the recycling bin, then that's too bad,its gone forever, unless you use recovery programs... I think. Look above. Was written the same time at the same time as mine.

Btw, why did you delete it in the first place if you knew you still needed it? confused.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 04:04 AM

It's not all that hard to delete a game file in GTA:SA.
There's no safety question like in other deletes, Just go to get rid of one and accidently move the selection as you hit it.
Beep it's gone...
I did it twice.
Now I copy, into a different file folder, any really good saves by adding a couple of letters or discription to the file name.

Draco969696
  • Draco969696

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:21 AM Edited by Draco969696, 23 February 2010 - 08:24 AM.

QUOTE (Dstrickt @ Feb 23 2010, 03:56)
Here's another thing... did you check the recycling bin? sarcasm.gif

Usually when you delete something, it goes in there first. But if you emptied the recycling bin, then that's too bad,its gone forever, unless you use recovery programs... I think. Look above. Was written the same time at the same time as mine. 

Btw, why did you delete it in the first place if you knew you still needed it?  confused.gif

i haven't emptied my recycling bin,but there's nothing about gta sa in it. Except one called GTASAsf1.b, i think thats the one.................. dontgetit.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:41 AM Edited by radioman, 23 February 2010 - 08:44 AM.

It depends on how you deleted the save as to if it is possible to restore it. I mean, if you deleted it from the User Files Folder directly, then it should be in the Recycle Bin, However, if you deleted it from the game menu, then it gets deleted WITHOUT passing through the Recycle Bin.

But since there are 8 save slots, you should have 7 other saves to continue from. You should *always* rotate slots after every few missions completed.

Now I copy, into a different file folder, any really good saves by adding a couple of letters or discription to the file name.

I usually do like lil weasal does, and any *important* saves I have I change the file name and move it to another folder, so if anything happens to the original file, I have a back up.

I accidently made this mistake in VC, I hit delete instead of Load, but luckily I had another slot just before it and thus I only had to re-do one mission to get back to where I was.-lol

Dstrickt
  • Dstrickt

Advocate

• Members

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:13 PM

It depends on how you deleted the save as to if it is possible to restore it. I mean, if you deleted it from the User Files Folder directly, then it should be in the Recycle Bin, However, if you deleted it from the game menu, then it gets deleted WITHOUT passing through the Recycle Bin.

Oh I get it, I usually delete save files from the User Files folder, but not from GTA SA itself. I'm usually careful that I don't delete the files from SA itself when I'm trying to load one. turn.gif

Except one called GTASAsf1.b, i think thats the one..................

Yes, that's your save file. Just to end your little dilemma. smile.gif

DiESt
  • DiESt

True Grime

• Members

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:43 AM

Try to make backup for your save file next time smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users