» «
Photo

Car spawn glitch?

8 replies to this topic
hadezeovac
  • hadezeovac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:27 PM Edited by hadezeovac, 21 February 2010 - 03:22 PM.

In GTA IV, there is some type of glitch, when you enter one car there will spawn ten thousand other cars - SAME TYPE - why ?! Is there any mod that fixes that lets call it -glitch-?

I'm sorry if this question can be found somewhere else on this forum but i do not have time to search for it.
thanks

http://img689.images...screen0028w.jpg

14 buses can be seen on this pic, screenshoted today -_-

Pago
  • Pago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:44 PM Edited by Pago, 22 February 2010 - 12:16 AM.

I know the game has a temporary memory for vehicles - so the car that you're driving around in spawns more frequently. This is often exploited (by me, for instance) to "duplicate" rare cars such as the Infernus or the Sultan RS.

But this... biggrin.gif This looks a little too weird and glitchy for my taste. I'm gonna try the same thing at Francis International and see what happens.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

This has been an 'issue', per say, in the GTA franchise since at least GTA III. The game spwans the same car or similar cars to the one you are driving to ease the memory and smooth out the gameplay.

However, what you are experiencing is a really bad case of the gangs. It means that the game is finding the memory available short.

Pago
  • Pago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:16 AM

Apparently, the bus and the vehicle memory aren't very good together. I got "cab invasion" - I counted 27, but could be one more, one less. At first, I got a lot of the flyUS Ferocis, then more bikes and all of a sudden, this line of cabs. Here's a screenshot:

http://img218.images...3/invasionv.jpg

punknoodle
  • punknoodle

A friend in need is a PEST!!!

• Members

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:59 AM

Quite a few times, I've noticed when you come across the Northwood Heights Bridge from Algonquin to Bohan (the small northern island)
as you make the right turn on to San Quentin Ave
to head to the savehouse there will be "16" of the same make vehicle your driving including motorcycles! Also happens on the curved street just south of the preacher at savehouse...not sure of quantity there but maybe 16 also.

Mattch
  • Mattch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

The buses are white and black?

I thought they were green (body) and white (top)...

XJohn
  • XJohn

Just give me cookies, and it will al be alright!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

lak of meory i would say

Infinite Monkey
  • Infinite Monkey

Don't think about it... ...it's a zen-headache

• Members

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (punknoodle @ Feb 22 2010, 00:59)
Quite a few times, I've noticed when you come across the Northwood Heights Bridge from Algonquin to Bohan (the small northern island)
as you make the right turn on to San Quentin Ave
to head to the savehouse there will be "16" of the same make vehicle your driving including motorcycles! Also happens on the curved street just south of the preacher at savehouse...not sure of quantity there but maybe 16 also.

Have you noticed the store you drive past on that corner called "The Copy Shop"...?

Pago
  • Pago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Mattch @ Mar 3 2010, 16:52)
The buses are white and black?

I thought they were green (body) and white (top)...

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about, too...

XJohn: I doubt it's a lack of memory - the original poster has 3GB and I have 8GB. That should be plenty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users