• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:04 AM

Heard this in a mix the other day. Haven't heard it in years. 

• Warlord. and meta187 like this

Phatgordo13
  • Phatgordo13

Il Capo. El Jefe. Газда.

• GTAF Crew
  • None
  • Best Certified Gang 2015 [GTAF Crew]
    Best Gang 2014 [GTAF Crew]

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

[Author's Note] I posted this earlier today in the GTAF Crew's private forum, but I wanted to share it with you classy f*cks. The music lounge in our private forum has been renamed to the Q13 VIP Lounge. I hope the OP doesn't mind. Cheers.

artworks-000146440701-fnj0vj-t500x500.jp

August 12th & 13th 2016

This is the most important thing you will hear and see today. Justin Vernon (of Bon Iver fame) put together the second installment of his Eaux Claires music festival in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. If you are unfamiliar with Justin or Bon Iver just know that it is your favorite hipster band's favorite band. The National, Beach House, Francis and the Lights, James Blake, or whatever your favorite scene is, they look to Justin as a God. Modern day Bob Dylan with Mozart chops and influences ranging from Bonnie Rait to Kanye West, Brunce Hornsby to Mavis Staples. In fact, Kanye West calls Justin Vernon his favorite vocalist.

kanye_justin_vernon.jpg

Last year, Bon Iver did their first concert in years at the inaugural event. Justin had been working with other artists and groups since their grammy winning self titled album back in 2011. Volcano Choir, Gayngs, Shouting Matches, the Staves, Kanye West, and others. This year Justin had announced that Bon Iver would be performing again, this time, a set of entirely unreleased content from a new upcoming album....

147110221901_AM.png

....But before we get to that, you must understand the lore. Justin Vernon is a 6'4" jazz band geek born and raised in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. He graduated from UW Eau Claire where he met Phil Cook and Chris Porterfield. The trio would form the group DeYarmond Edison and produce several lack luster albums together. The group moved to Nashville hoping to find fame, but the group fell apart and drifted. Around the same time Justin's long time girlfriend left him, and Justin was diagnosed with a severe kidney illness that seemed to seal his fate to mediocrity and failure.

With his tail between his legs he retreated back to Eau Claire where he spent six months in an isolated cabin in the Eau Claire highlands. There he recorded a record on his own. Instrument by instrument, vocal layer by vocal layer. Books were thrown against the cabin walls to create the percussion needed for songs. The music bled.

A show was announced at a local tavern, the unveiling of a new album. 'For Emma, Forever Ago" by Bon Iver. Justin expected only a few close friends and family to come out to support his new effort, but word had already gotten out. This was something. Story goes, people were crowded around the outside of the tavern, unable to squeeze inside, just to catch a glimpse of the legend.

maxresdefault.jpg

Two albums, and two grammys later. The rest is history.

Amazingly, the group that was DeYarmond Edison split up and when on to form three of the more influential indie groups in Bon Iver, Megafun, and Field Report. These three bands, among others, set fire to the music scene that has exploded out of the Minneapolis-Eau Claire area.

There is something truly amazing happening at the Mississippi river crossing between Wisconsin and Minnesota.

I have seen, and heard it with my own senses.

For years, we have held Justin up as our own, but now we must share him with the rest of the world.

This summer. Justin Vernon has truly arrived, and the world will now know.

22, A Million.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ7Rm0tLZc4

[Authors Note] Folks, I'm genuinely blown away by the music I heard last weekend. I've known Justin and Bon Iver for nearly ten years, and I'm not surprised when he does something revolutionary. Yet, to SEE greatness. To hear it, and instantly know there is something generationally unique and special before you....is a feeling that is hard to articulate. I stood among some 20,000 plus people, speechless. You ought to know about this, and you will whether it be today or after September 30th when this album is released. Music, simply, isn't made this way anymore. Justin Vernon is genuinely a person dedicated to his craft and to sharing whatever wealth and fame he obtains with as many other artists as he can. He is the guy, we all say we would want to be, but wouldnt be, in his situation.

Enjoy.

• meta187 and Mister Pink like this

Brad
  • Brad

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:21 AM

Let me back take you all back to a simpler time. 

• meta187 and Sergiu like this

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:20 AM

These guys need way more love:

Drop at 4:08 is orgasmic. Amazing juicy bassline. <3

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpXCTxLaVKU

Amazing tech house.

• meta187 likes this

unbid
  • unbid

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

Since Plaid is getting more popular after many gamers are having orgasm listening to them in Watch Dogs 2, here's another song from his 2014 album that you might like:

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Radioaktivität

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:45 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 07 December 2016 - 01:46 PM.

That's in WatchDogs 2? I've posted that track a few times on here :) and even in this topic. 

And this one..

• meta187 and ΣΓ like this

unbid
  • unbid

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

That's in WatchDogs 2? I've posted that track a few times on here :) and even in this topic.

Not that song in particular. This one is featured in Watch Dogs 2:

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Radioaktivität

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014