~Studio: Q-13 Lounge~

1,707 replies to this topic
Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

It's not a YT video, but you still can listen to it.

http://soundcloud.co.../random-shiznit
It's a track by me, comments and criticism are welcome.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Some of dat good ol' g-funk:

Damn I miss laid back rap like this.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:46 AM

Been on a hip-hop binge myself lately.

One of their more under-rated tracks, I've always thought.

I will always maintain that the best hip-hop over the past ten years is to be found in England...

...not that it's homeland has a lack of decent material, though. Quality may not be the best give that it's live, I still find this a very chill freestyle to listen to. Damu is well worth checking out if mellow beats are your thing.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

It's been a long time since I last visited this topic. I don't really have time to listen to your tracks anymore so I don't bother visiting.

I thought I should share two mixes of modern demoscene music. I currently collaborate with the makers of this podcast and I promote it on YouTube.

Here are the mixes, check them out if you want, they are filled with many styles of music but good quality tracks:

Part 1

Part 2

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Ats. @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 12:50)
It's not a YT video, but you still can listen to it.

http://soundcloud.co.../random-shiznit
It's a track by me, comments and criticism are welcome.

I loved everything after 2:20. I mean no offence but the beginning seemed a bit repetitive and it went on for a bit too long. There's a bit at about 1:13, I think, where the beat just disappears and it feels a bit awkward. Like I said though, everything after 2:20 is spot on. Love the melody.

I don't really have much to say about these songs so I'll just let them speak for themselves.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:00 PM Edited by Warlord., 26 May 2012 - 02:49 PM.

Haven't seen ANY Prince on this topic so...

inlove.gif

Oh and some sweet house from back in the day:

bread
  • bread

Organic

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

No slug here either.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Just discovered this. Reminds me of an Ellie Goulding. Pretty sweetness all over it.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:34 PM

I haven't really been present in the forums as of late. Hope all is well for everyone, bless.

Been diggin' Death Cab more and more recently, especially the album Plans from '05, from which the above track is, has caught my ear. Brilliant stuff.

The Wombats are a Scouse indie band that I've been listening to lately. Their debut album, A Guide to Love, Loss & Desperation is a brilliantly upbeat, vivacious collection of gems. Such as this one.

I was actually listening to MIKA's Life In Cartoon Motion back when I was in elementary school. And boy, was it frowned upon. I dug up the album a few months back for the sake of mere reminiscing, and it's actually a pretty neat lil' album.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

A song I've been looking for for YEARS (literally). Finally found it. biggrin.gif

Lovely track. Hell Safri Duo are f*cking awesome as a whole.

DreamsLieHere
  • DreamsLieHere

Pleasure principle

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:08 AM

Simply magical.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Man I love this song. Wish there were more rocksteady bands around today, definitely like it more than reggae or ska.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:46 PM Edited by Straznicy, 05 June 2012 - 05:49 PM.

@Warlord.: The Aggrolites are superb, I'm lucky enough to have seen them live. One of the most fun shows I've ever been to.

Don't let the first 15 seconds deceive you as to what this song sounds like. Very mellow vibes.

CSF have given me hope for the future of American hip-hop. Well worth a listen.

90-minute old school rave mix. Some of my favourite hardcore and jungle tunes incorporated throughout. inlove.gif

bread
  • bread

Organic

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Anthony green's voice is absolutely orgasmic...

They're a band out of the Philadelphia area. I'm falling in love with them, and I recommend that you do too.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Okay, I feel that this deserves an introduction.

So I was going through Wikipedia's article on Psychedelic Rock and as usual for me with genres that flourished in the past, I look up the works of modern bands. So I saw this band, one which I've heard of before, yet seemed uninteresting so I didn't look into it any further. But today I decided to go through the band's Wiki and decided to give their first album a shot...

and holy sh*t am I glad I did. I have not heard any of this band's music before, and I absolutely f*cking love this album. I'm very picky when it comes to music and this is the first album since the day I was born of which I like every track. When it comes to the number of songs I like from them, these guys beat every other artist/band/group I've listened to by a long shot. I usually like a few tracks from a particular artist/group/band and that's it, except for very rare circumstances.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, K by Kula Shaker:

I hope you guys enjoy this amazing, amazing album as much as I am right now.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Bumpity bump. This place has been too invaluable since its inception to let it trickle away!

On an electronic hype recently.

D-Mob's video caused a media sh*tstorm when it came out for some reason.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

VIP, that means the numbers not listed

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:01 PM Edited by TheGreatGig23, 31 July 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Well it's been quite a while since I posted something here and I feel bad for not checking in on one of the finest topics. Anyway, in the last few weeks or so I've had a really hard time with my hearing. It seems to be getting worse much sooner than was anticipated. In light of this I have done nothing but savour every single song I hear. The idea that one day I'll never hear music again genuinely hurts. Still, the plus side is that at least I've had the chance to experience it, not everyone is so fortunate.

This first song is simply beautiful. That's all I can say.

Wish You Were Here - Sparklehorse ft. Thom Yorke

After hearing that cover I decided I'd listen to some of their original stuff. It turns out they are bloody incredible. A soothing, mellow sound that holds you in the entire time. There's actually ten songs in this video, hence it's length, and each song is from a radio session. If you have some spare time on your hands, I highly recommend listening to the entire thing. It's so peaceful.

Sparklehorse - Radio Sessions

When Emeli Sandé sang this hymn at the opening ceremony of the Olympics it felt as if the world stood still, as if all the hate and anger that surrounds us just dissipated and, for a moment, became an entity of peace. Take a moment to listen to this. Just sit back and savour every second. I promise you won't regret it.

Emeli Sandé - Abide With Me

If anyone knows of any bands or artists similar to Sparklehorse, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'd appreciate it massively.

Dnero
  • Dnero

BLΛNKFΛCΞ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Here's another 1 mic, 1 take, etc thing that I like:

And here's some Kid CuDi:

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Talented [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2012
    Most Helpful 2011
    Most Talented [Expression] 2011
    Most Helpful [Expression] 2011
    Best Member in a Group 2011
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2011
    Most Respected 2010
    Most Helpful 2010
    Most Talented [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [Visual Arts] 2010
    Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2010

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

Let me revive the topic with an amazing song.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

chrome vanadium

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:10 PM Edited by ghost of delete key, 22 August 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Keepin' it alive with something completely different...

not your average remix of Bangarang

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (TheGreatGig23 @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 23:01)
When Emeli Sandé sang this hymn at the opening ceremony of the Olympics it felt as if the world stood still, as if all the hate and anger that surrounds us just dissipated and, for a moment, became an entity of peace. Take a moment to listen to this. Just sit back and savour every second. I promise you won't regret it.

Emeli Sandé - Abide With Me
[youtube]MmtRlEIIZnQ[youtube]

I'd have no problem living in a world soundtracked by Emeli Sandé
Emeli Sandé - Read All About It Part III - at the London 2012 Closing Ceremony

Emeli Sandé - River

Emeli Sandé - Mountains

She has amazing hair, too.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

^ Cool Skrillex cover, really creative. I really enjoyed these songs Robinski posted as well, relaxing stuff, just what I usually need.

It's been a while since I last posted in here. Here are some of my latest findings (some of which I posted in other topics):

This one sounds very sensual to me.

Another good tune to relax to.

And a random one I've found recently, it's actually released for free by the artist(s), check the description of the video.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

@ _____ (Underscore Dude?): Those tracks were brilliant, man. Absolutely perfect. Cheers for sharing them.

I haven't really discovered anything of interest lately (aside from the tracks above) but I'd like to share a couple of tracks I think are the finest examples of really great music.

First off, a lovely chap by the name of Neil Young. I've always liked his stuff but only recently have I began to fully appreciate it. This particular song stood out from the rest instantly. The opening riff is so enchanting and relaxing. The verses continue the aural massage until the chorus, which has to be one the nicest I've heard in a very long time. This live version is incredibly touching. I adore the fact that at after the final chorus you can see him become completely engrossed in the song. Genuinely beautiful. (Pointless side note: I'm also reminded of Agent Smith, from The Matrix, whenever I see his face).

And then there's this man, Mr Matt Corby. I honestly believe that no words could ever bring true justice to how incredible his music is. Therefore, I'll just leave you with a song.

After listening to a few of those tracks posted by Underscore Dude, I stumbled across this wonderful piece. Again, I don't really have much to say about it, this time due to the fact that I'm too tired to do anymore thinking. Also, if anyone knows of any artists like this or perhaps even what genre it might be classified as, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:33 PM Edited by Warlord., 31 August 2012 - 08:38 AM.

My dawgs couldn't tell if I
I look Tom Cruise on Vanilla Sky, it was televised
All they heard was that I was in an accident like GEICO
They thought I was burnt up like Pepsi did Michael
I must gotta angel
Cause look how death missed his ass
Unbreakable, would you thought they called me Mr. Glass
Look back on my life like the ghost of Christmas past
Toys R Us where I used to spend that Christmas cash
And I still wont grow up, I'm a grown ass kid
Swear I should be locked up for stupid sh*t that I did
But I'm a champion, so I turned tragedy to triumph
Make music that's fire, spit my soul through the wire

By far my favourite Kanye song. Sick beat, sick flow. What more could you ask for?

Remember this?

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

chrome vanadium

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:20 AM Edited by ghost of delete key, 02 September 2012 - 04:25 AM.

QUOTE (_____ @ Friday, Aug 24 2012, 10:13)
Another good tune to relax to.

I'll see your Com Truise, and raise you a Mord Fustang. colgate.gif

... keeping it cerebral with some Zedd

... and some Wolfgang for dessert.

enjoy

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:27 AM Edited by _____, 02 September 2012 - 11:05 AM.

@TheGreatGig23 Quite emotional on the first two tracks, really nice. The third track is really cool, thanks for sharing!

@Warlord. I'm not a fan of Kanye as I don't like his personality, but the beat on that song is great. The second track you've posted is also interesting, I saved it in my "Likes" playlist.

@ghost of delete key I've listened to Mord Fustang before, good stuff but I like Com Truise more because he's more retro and he reminds me a bit of Boards of Canada. The other tracks were good but I'm not particularly interested in commercial electronic music at the moment.

Here's some more recently discovered tracks from me:

I have discovered this band months ago via a TV channel and I began to like their song "Wonderful Life" a lot lately while it was being broadcasted. I've looked up more songs from them, they have an album which I have listened to and I found my favorite song from them:

This next track is also an emotional one for me. Funny thing, as I was thinking of posting the track I remembered that I had a dream about me listening to it. The EP is free to download, just look up Sabrepulse's Bandcamp.

Throwing in a song from my all-time favorite band as well, old school house:

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

anti-pasto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

What do you guys think of this cover? I mean Comfortably Numb is one of my all time favourite songs, and this cover is probably one of my two all time favourite covers of the song (the other being the Van Morrison version). They did a really good job on the solo too.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:51 PM Edited by TheGreatGig23, 14 September 2012 - 12:31 PM.

I love a bit of Gregorian now and again. They've done some really great covers. I quite like their version of "Comfortably Numb". It has a completely different feel from the original and, as you said, they did a hell of a good job with the solo.

This is one of my favourites from them. Again, they bring a whole different feeling to it.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Wah-Oh - Sing in to my mouth!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Not a new song but an old classic, if you will. This track is so charming. It's mellow, rhythmic, sung with passion. I was at an early house (pub that opens at 7AM-1PM and the DJS play House music and some techno but like tradition, the last track is usually a closing track to the party and the DJ played this. It was beautiful. The sun was out, everyone was awake from the night before; sweaty, strangers, sun, White Russians, conversations, good music....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users