~Studio: Q-13 Lounge~

1,625 replies to this topic
Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Going to see Levon Vincent this Saturday, can't wait. His set at The Boiler Room was phenomenal, the video is such a tease. Not listening to any of his stuff presently though; always make a point of boycotting artists in the run-up to seeing them live, I think it just makes you appreciate the experience that little bit more.

Some tracks I've been listening to relentlessly this week.

Saw El-B not so long ago as well, Glasgow's had a really good run of gigs this year so far.

I know we all love Burial, so I need say no more.

Found this wee electro gem on a late-night YouTube browse the other day. I think electro's one of those things nobody every really has an eclectic understanding of; you just scratch the surface at best.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

Gonna post this here too.

My new track.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Not a big fan of that kind of stuff, but I have to admit, it wasn't that bad. Reminds me of Mario a lot biggrin.gif

They're usually screamo, but they took a different approach with their album Magnetic North.

Sole sounds pretty good as well.

DreamsLieHere
  • DreamsLieHere

Pleasure principle

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:08 AM Edited by DreamsLieHere, 13 April 2012 - 02:33 AM.

I'm in f*cking love with BBNG.

24 year old producer and synaesthetic Kwes from London is one to watch. He's produced much of DELS' fantastic debut album and already has an EP out on Young Turks.

Sore Butt
  • Sore Butt

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

..::cOvEr5::..

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Such a beautiful piece of music. I love it. Inspired by Erik Satie..

Discovered this one today a remix of artists I seen live last year by an artist I also seen last year. Then I hear it today and I'm blown away.

This just blows my mind...it's so dramatic...

Sorry guys thats all I've been listening to today, lol.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:22 PM Edited by Slamman, 18 April 2012 - 06:41 PM.

My folks went to see an all family band that play Country/Cajun, violin, cello, everyone lending a harmonic voice, reminded me of Dixie Chicks or Taylor Swift, in some fashion. I recommended Steve Martin's musical offerings, he's pretty dang talented,
The act they went to see hails from Canada but relocated to Nashville

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

@ ThePinkFloydSound: I really liked that first Aphex Twin track. Truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing that one, man.

Here's a couple of songs I've become insanely addicted to over the last few days. There's something about them that just blows me away. They're very simple yet very, very effective.

Also, I'd like to recommend the radio station I've been streaming recently, KEXP 90.3 FM. It's Seattle based and, being a UK resident, it's introduced me to a lot of music I've never heard whilst simultaneously keeping it familiar with acts like The Arctic Monkeys and The Flaming Lips. Check it out folks, it brilliant.

Rougarou
  • Rougarou

Blue Dog

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Glad to see all the brilliant music in here! smile.gif

here are a few i have to offer

i love the talking heads!

and another one:

some Curtis Mayfield:

some funkdelic never hurts:

and lastly some Mr. Oizo gotta give it up to the man for coming up with the best song titles! lol

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

I know I typically reply to each and every poster in the thread but things in my real life have been a bit strained. I won't get into it too much but suffice it to say the family and I are having a bit of a rough patch as of late with no forseeable end in sight so keep us in your good thoughts and prayers if you say'em.

Just a few tunes to drop off while I'm about.

New Crystal Fighters

Seems appropriate lately...

Echoes of Passion Pit in here.

user posted image

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:53 AM

@ Meta187: Don't fret too much, you'll wear yourself out. Keep it simple and keep going. I hope everything is cool, man.

These following songs have really helped me recently. I truly believe that sometimes, when your mind decides it wants to be down and depressed, you should please it. To a degree, obviously. In the past few weeks the reminder of being alone has rained down relentlessly and it's worn me out. Luckily for me, I have music; without it, I'd have nothing. So, for the people that don't have that something, just hang on. It gets better.

First off, this song has really hit a chord within:

This song, though...it really picks me up and gives me that stiff-upper-lip-attitude:

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:37 AM Edited by meta187, 28 April 2012 - 02:42 AM.

S ession 14 Ends~

S ession 15 Begins~

(a page late ^)

Once again, thanks to everyone who's been keeping it going in here.

@Gig: As always a good showing, I listened to The Score more times than should be legal. I'm a big Lykke Li fan from way back as well. Good selections, thanks for the kind words.

@Pat: Cand oiginally broke Bibio in this thread and I was very taken aback, good stuff on the experimental tip.

@DOOM: Ivy-League has got a lot of play since you first posted some of his stuff in here a bit back.

@Nizzo: The DELS was something new, anything feat. Roots Manuva is a win in my book.

@Sauron: New Sleigh Bells is purely addictive and of course Santigold's on point. Noosa was something completely new, smacks a bit of Cut Copy. Mish and I have been listening to that MIA cover all week.

@War: Hi Tack had a bomb ass disco beat with the MJ sample it was pretty infectious. Nice to hear some new Jamiroquai as well.

@Piperka: You're a real talent, as always thanks for sharing your work.

@Ted Bundys Bedsheets: Welcome. a classical piece always levels things out in here.

@Craig: I was pretty nuts about that Gotye song when it first dropped, listened to it quite a bit a month back. Been a while since we heard any Venetian Snares in here so thanks for that.

@Straz: Rebel MC, all day. Rebelution was right on time as well. That Rustie track has sent me on a mission to find more.

@mrpain: ME has always had a pretty decent soundtrack in everty instalment thanks for sharing.

@Sound: pil was something new, very catchy.

@Mockage: I actually got to see Filter in one of their first live concerts in Florida, the lead singer used to be in NIN and a bit of that still echoes in his work. That Sole joint was def on point.

@Cand: have to really agree with you on Groundation, top notch indeed.

@Cheat: Love the Lupe, Glasper colab, big Fiasco fan.

@Dreams: That Azaelia Banks really picked it up, chick's got immaculate flow. Love the low whistle going on in the backgound. Bondax really caught my ear with the classic "Some Day" sample as well. Framework was dreamy and fantastic. Analogue Monsta was f*cking brilliant, the chorus sounded like old school 90's R&B or something. Going to have to check out a bit more from BBNG as well.

@Ats: As always, thanks for sharing.

@Slamwich: Steve Martin is my hero.

@Wizard: Welcome back, Curtis Mayfield is a sure bet.

@meta: Great tunes but no one gives two sh*tes about your personal problems so please refrain from mentioning them, it scares away the fishes.

Kind of funky, kind of laid back. Nice blend.

Another crazy well done MIA cover.

Some of that throwback Motown sensibility. If this doesn't make you want to get up and do the Snoopy dance you are missing a crucial piece of yourself.

user posted image

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

From "The Kissing Machine E.P

Swimwear is the DIY recording alias of Tim Derricourt, co-man of Dappled Cities. Blending home-spun dance production with live instruments and sweet pop hooks.

Download: http://purityringsongs.com/

Artist : Purity Ring
Track : Obedear
Album : Shrines (Out 07/24/2012 on 4AD and Last Gang Records)
Year : 2012

New Dirty Projectors, loving it.

user posted image

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Scotland

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:27 PM Edited by Straznicy, 29 April 2012 - 08:31 PM.

@meta: Sorry to hear that man, I hope everything turns out for the better.

I've not been doing my usual listen-to-one-genre at a time routine of late, which has been quite odd but refreshing. I find I'm listening to music now to reflect my mood rather than set it.

Much better than the Audiojack original for me, got rinsed prior to going out on Friday and Saturday.

Been re-discovering my love of English hip-hop, and you don't have to look much further than Roots to see true skill on display. One of my all-time favourite music videos as well.

Something fairly different from my usual submission, but I've been raised to absolutely adore Irish folk music. I've seen The Pogues play live more times than I can remember, and they're truly the most energetic, floor-filling act I've ever seen. They blow any rave or dance mogul out of the water.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Sorry to hear this. Just keep strong and have faith meta. Look on the good side for the time being.

Looking back at M83 on my iPod shuffle here. A really soothing song.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:46 PM

Been digging into The Ting Tings' new album recently. Good stuff, just that the last four tracks are pretty mediocre.

Love this remix more than the original. Metric's leading lady is such a joy to hear.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Been listening to a lot of Igorrr lately.

Great stuff.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

@ Mockage: Thanks for sharing that M83 track, man. I'd never heard it before and it really took me by surprise.
Absolutely beautiful song. Quite possibly one of my most favourite chill-out tracks I've heard. icon14.gif

Here's something I heard on House M.D. the other day. It's so smooth it makes silk look like sandpaper.

DreamsLieHere
  • DreamsLieHere

Pleasure principle

• Members

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:26 PM Edited by DreamsLieHere, 02 May 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Love me some Lone.

Some nu-jazzish goodness by one of my favourite groups Snarky Puppy:

One of the highlights from Rustie's mindblowing BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix:

And how about some funky jazz fusion beats by Brainfeeder's own Thundercat?

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

Long time since I've visited this topic, which is a shame really, since many of my favourite tracks have come from this very topic. This was the main topic I visited when I was having a joint and wanted something good to chill to.

Anyway, only a couple of submissions this time...a couple of tracks that I like to relax too.

Heard this on Radio 1 a while back, and it just hit the spot perfectly. Checked out a few of his other tracks, but they haven't had the same effect on me as this track has.

Spark up and enjoy.

Got some more to come, but it's late and my internet is playing up at the moment.

@Meta; How do I go about getting a regular playlist PM, such as the one I got when I last asked? As I said, this topic has provided some excellent tracks, and wouldn't mind a list of them.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

@DreamsLieHere: My Spanish friend just introduced me to Lone the other day. Nice.

Here's a haunting and beautiful song, sung by MCA (Adam Yauch)

What's pleasing to the eye
In the delusion of my sight
Is not what I find when I reach into the light
I have lost my mind
I'm walking through time
Deluded as the next guy
Pretending and hoping to find
That distant peace of mind

I don't know
Who does know
There is no
Where to go

It's not so simple as I try to wish
But then again what is?
There is no other worthy quest
So on I go

I don't know
Who does know
There is no
Where to go
[/youtube]

cryani.gif

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

The Animal Collective just put out a new 7", heres the title track. Sticky, just in time for summer-melted popsicles.

meta187
  • meta187

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:30 AM Edited by meta187, 08 May 2012 - 01:41 AM.

@Straz: Roots Manuva, always a good call.

@Mockage: I can't say enough good things about M83. Their tracks have been on steady rotation in our household since earlier in the year.

@mrpain: I like the Ting Tings but that Metric, Collect Call was a real stand out for me.

@Ats: I'd like to see you take something out of these Igorrr tracks and mix them into your own work, that'd be interesting to hear.

@Gig: House opens with Massive Attack's Teardrop so it wins a bit already.

@Dreams: Let me just say that "Snarky Puppy" is an awesome name.

@Butters: That Michael Kiwanuka was very soulful.

@Sound: A terrible loss, end of an era to be sure. That song always made me think of some of Scott Weiland's more down tempo solo work.

@Zak: It's been a while good to see you back in here.

I think it was Sauron who first broke Young Wonder in here a while back.
Going back and listening to it more this last week the tracks are really addictive.
This one in particular won me over with it's Avalanches - Since I Left You sample.

An alien broadcast, soulful and abstract.

Ethereal and intricate, easy on the ears but compelling.

user posted image

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

Thanks for sharing that Zak. I was never really into the mood to take a listen to psychedelic stuff but since it was shared here specifically I took a listen. Nonetheless sweet stuff there man.

Anyone listen to Pendulum?

DreamsLieHere
  • DreamsLieHere

Pleasure principle

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Mindblowing stuff from Kona Triangle (Lone + Beaver & Krause)'s smashing 2009 debut Sing a New Sapling Into Existence.

Dreamy folk by Swedish outfit Fredrik.

One of the more popular (and one of my favourite!) artists to come out of the emergence of chillwave, here's Toro y Moi with a downright groovy cover of 1985's R&B hit 'Saturday Love' from Cherrelle and Alexander O'Neal.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Some great tracks guys. The Airhead track Meta was mental but enjoyable. The 3rd video is great. Really nice shots in it. Nice music too.
@DreamsLieHere: Currently listening Long Mountain. Never heard of Kona Triangle, thanks. icon14.gif

Might have posted this before but I'll post some new stuff. This is from an young lad in my country think he would have been 18 or 19 making the first track. I've been to see him twice. Really nice stuff. Cosmic, retro, made with hardware and love.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Fljótavík

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

This is pure goodness right here.

Robinski
  • Robinski

Under a fluorescent sky

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:07 AM Edited by Robinski, 11 May 2012 - 01:43 PM.

Been a while since I poked my head in here, just thought I'd comment on some stuff from this page and the previous.

@Craig: I love me some Jaguar Skills. Oddly enough I first heard him on the Chris Moyles Show on R1 of all places. Since then I've followed all the other stuff he's done for Radio 1 (the credible half, after 7pm). The 30 Years of Hip Hopmix was just insane. He did a game-music themed thing as well a while back, which I think is "acquirable" in certain parts of the internet. His "Spookalicious" halloween mix is one of my favourites though; great, cheesey fun:

@meta: Love that Bad Girls cover. Always nice to hear something you love picked up and thrown in a completely different direction. Seriously can't wait for Matangi this summer (hopefully, no release set yet). Good luck withwhatever life's throwing at you too icon14.gif

@mrpain: Really enjoying the new stuff from the Ting Tings, not sure much of it matches up to Hang It Up though, I seriously dig that sh*t.

Anyway, here's something interesting I recently saw on reddit. It's not exactly outstanding in terms of actual musical quality, but seeing these sorts of things in action, and the control both of your voice and the equipment needed, is kind of mesmerising.

E: Woops, a few hours later and I realise I copy/pasted the wrong thing in the YT tags.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

The Simpsons season 23. <3

Amazing song and was executed perfectly in the show.

DreamsLieHere
  • DreamsLieHere

Pleasure principle

• Members

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Bibio creating ethereal harmonies and melodies with his guitar. This has always been one of my fav Bibio tracks.

Magical would be an understatement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users