this useful piece of information is for anyone who is new to GTA: Chinatown Wars, has recently completed the 'Tricks of the Triad' mission or simply wants to get the best out of their gameplay as a successful Drug Dealing Tycoon/Lord.
The guide is featured below, ENJOY
Once you’ve completed the ‘Tricks of the Triad’ mission, the doors to the drug market stand open before you. In the game you meet about eighty drug traffickers. Some of them belong to gangs offering (and buying) certain substances at reasonable prices.
All information necessary to do business are systematically saved on your PDA. After selecting one of the main categories, TRADE INFO, in the top screen appears a summary of the most attractive offers, whereas after selecting TURF MAP you’ll see detailed information on gangs and drugs they’re interested in. From time to time you’ll receive e-mails from friendly dealers. Every message of this sort tells you about a well-paid (and time-limited) offer of a particular seller and gives an opportunity to double your potential profits. You use your GPS device to track down those specific dealers (marked on the screen with chacarteristic icons)
You will encounter six different types of substances. They differ not only in price but also in the interest their transactions evoke in the police (two stars). Since we’re on the subject, it’s worth mentioning that sealing the deal is impossible when you have cops on your back. Your contracting party will be scared away by the officers. A similar situation may take place if a cop is accidentally strolling about nearby. It’s enough, though, to come back to the dealer after a few seconds and finish the transaction when he calmes down.
Below there is a list of drugs available in the game: their names, average purchase price and (potential profits) from selling one fix of a particular substance:
(Note: all prices and profits are averages and are rarely the same as the market prices rise and fall regularly)
The Drug Types and Prices
Special offer - a special-offer price, received via e-mail from a friendly dealer.
Gang Offers - an attractive price offered by a gang interested in buying a particular substance.
NORMAL PRICE - a price offered by independent traffickers who are not gang members and sell their stuff at normal prices on average conditions.
-small chance of getting caught
Special offer - $1 ($100)
Gang offers - $5 ($5)
NORMAL PRICE - $10 ($5)
-small chance of getting caught
Special offer - $5 ($100)
Gang offers - $6 ($20)
NORMAL PRICE - $7 ($10)
-medium chance of getting caught
Special offer - $50 ($350)
Gang offers - $170 ($80)
NORMAL PRICE - $200 ($25)
-medium chance of getting caught
Special offer - $90 ($150)
Gang offers - $200 ($50)
NORMAL PRICE - $250 ($30)
-big chance of getting caught
Special offer - $500 ($500)
Gang offers - $800 ($150)
NORMAL PRICE - $850 ($80)
Coke-[ (cocaine) *Powder*
-big chance of getting caught
Special offer - $450 ($550)
Gang offers - $600 ($200)
NORMAL PRICE - $700 ($80)
The above piece of information is purely theoretical as establishing a rate for drugs in advance is practically impossible. Thus, it’s also hard to estimate a precise (profit) from trafficking. It may happen that the divergence in prices reaches even a few hundred $.
At first glance the list above states that offers of freelance dealers are least attractive. In practice, though, it may happen that the price he wants (or pays) for a given drug is way more attractive than this offered by gangsters.
Obviously, dealing hard drugs such as Heroin or Coke(cocaine) is the most profitable but you have to remember about the high risk of getting caught. Ecstasy and Acid(LSD) bring you average profits. Weed and Downers are the cheapest so, unless you are dealing with a special offer, don’t trouble yourself with them.
Hints & Tips
When you’re fairly well-off it’s good to stash some ‘special-offer’ drugs in your hideouts. This is a long-term investment but it will pay handsomely when an occasion arises to sell some drugs at a good price. In case of the more expensive goods this tactic will bring you astronomic profits. If a dealer sends you an e-mail in which he expresses readiness to buy from you, you can always sell him some stuff at reasonable price. Don’t count on enormous profits, though.
To make your life of a drug tycoon easier you can complete the ‘Liberty State Delivery’ missions (Excess Deliveries). Once you’re done you can carry maximally 100 and not, like before, 50 ‘bags’ of drugs. It’s worth to remember that when you destroy all hundred security cameras in the city, the drug prices fall by 40%. Other small Hints and Tips are featured below:
- Drug cars - Make sure you drive to deals in a fast car (comet, sabre GT, turismo, infernus, locked hot rods, sultan etc.) so that you can escape busts quickly.. and stylishly.
- Reverse Parking - Always reverse park to drug deals as it benefits a quick escape and cops open doors faster when youre reversing.
- Safehouses - Buy all the safehouse so that you dont have to travel as far to save the game and lose the wanted stars.
- First Coke Deal(THANKS TO LordDastardly) - In the first mission where you deal drugs, that the cocaine you buy is, I'm not sure of the exact price, but about $10 and that the potential profit at MARKET PRICE is about $5200. Therefore you could mention NOT selling that cocaine until you get a tip-off about somebody ready to buy it at "Special" prices with a potential to make between $7000 and $10,000 depending.
- Drug Vans - Again buy all secluded safehouses. Rival gangs drive vans arounf their turf (TURF MAP). Jack these and take them to secluded safehouses to gain free drugs in small amounts, although sometimes they are empty.
- TURF MAP - Refer to the TURF MAP in your PDA for a more strategic approach to dealing. It shows the gangs of LC along with their drug supply and demand preferences. (A gang interested in Ecstasy will pay more than an independant trafficker)
- Low on Money? - If you have very little money on you for that bag of coke that you want(for example), it may be a good idea to complete a few taxi missions, tattoo missions or any other mission that you dont need to buy weapons for; to give you that extra bit of cash for those highly priced substances. (thats if you dont have any drugs to sell in your safehouse stash)
- Stash 'em High! - It is a good idea to stash any drugs that you either buy from a special offer, or simply have left in your rucksack from a hard day of dealing (when you save the game and switch off the game). This means that if the time comes when youve spent to much on the ammunation site, bought too many cars at the dealership and have no money left; you will always have some drugs safely stashed at your safe/warehouse, to sell when you need to or when a dealer is in desparate need of your re-up skills; and needs a few bags of a cetain drug ( for a high price and profit of course).
- Mission Bust-ups - It isn't recommended that you carry drugs with you whilst doing a story mission, as in the likely event you are busted doing that mission, all your drugs will be confiscated, meaning BIG LOSS. Tip: Always stash your drugs after dealing unless you need them for a mission buy-in.
- Seal the Deal... WITH BLOOD! - When you have very little money in your little account (and i mean like $10), it doesn't hurt to kill the dealer after you've closed the deal, as alot of the time you'll earn a quick $50 which will go towards buying a decent amount of depressants, which in turn youll be able to sell for more money. I would always shoot the dealer when in a secluded area like an alleyway or at the docking bay, as this will not result in a police chase because few people can see you, and you are killing a criminal. The cops tend to be a bit more lenient when you kill another known criminal. EASY MONEY!!
- BUSTED: Fighting the Law - Always carry an SMG with you when dealing with high value drugs like Coke and Heroin, as alot of the time the police will close in for a bust. When in your car, do not be afraid to shoot police cars giving you a hard time on your way back to your nearest safehouse. It wouldn't be wise to completely destroy the cars as this would only give you more wanted stars, however, shooting them until they smoke will simply increase the chance of them crashing and ultimately killing off the car (breaking police computer). Be alot more aggressive with the SMG when a policeman is trying to open your door as if he manges to pull you out, you're BUSTED!
Jorge is a reputable Spanish Lords dealer located in NorthEast Algonquin by the sea and just below the Northwood Heights Bridge leading to Bohan. He usually sells large quantities of Coke (around 35+ bags) at low prices. He is respectable among the Lords and known for his prowess in the drugs trade.
Tuck of the infamous 'Angels of Death' biker gang is a surprisingly negotiable dealer who is located at the gas station in the northern-most section of Angels of Death turf in Dukes. He usually supplies high quantities of cheap..ish Coke (around 40+ bags) to anyone willing enough to buy his produce.
Vincini sells the most of any single drug in all of Liberty City. He is a loyal member of the Italian Mob residing in Little Italy, South Algonquin and if you havn't dealt with him in a while he sells around 90+ bags of cheap Ecstasy, which some may consider is: an offer you can't refuse.
Surprisingly, Liam is the only dealer of the Irish-American Killers.. but hes a damn good one. Once you've taken a 'Deco' at his stock you'll see he sells high quantities of Acid(LSD) at low, low prices (around 80+ bags) in a basketball court in Steinway, Dukes. However, make sure you have your drug-car positioned facing the entrance to the court because of how narrow the court feels when the cops are moving in.
Kwan & Jung-Su
These 2 dealers of the Korean Midtown Gangsters specialise in selling decent amounts of cheap Heroin. They are both included in this briefing as they both sell around the same quantity of Heroin (around 25 bags) which is not alot compared to other gangs. They are both located in North Bohan.
This Jamaican 'Rude Bwoy,' to no surprise sells large amounts of Weed (around 40+ bags). He is a profuse member of the Yardies gang and is in posession of many awards bestowed by the 'Righteous Rasta Brotherhood of Bling' of whom he is socially affiliated. He is located in Schottler down in Broker, right in the middle of Yardie Turf.
The Triad Gang
Although the occassional Triad dealer will sell a decent amount of Downers, they all sell around an equal quantity of all other drugs. They are the most diverse dealing gang and specialise in trading a large variety of commodities, however, triads usually dont deal their drugs at a low price so even if, during the deal, you are told you will make a small 'Potential Profit' from dealing the drug, you may find yourself stuck for selling it on. (unless your buying their primary supply of Downers) The Triad dealers are found both in Cerveza Heights, Dukes and Chinatown, South Algonquin.
The Worst Dealing gang
Although the African-Americans are not necessary the worst dealers, they are most definately the highest priced. More often than not, their narcotic prices are way above the average market price. (the market value for each drug can be viewed in the stash-box at your safehouses) The player should only deal with this gang when a special offer is involved. If you want to buy Acid... buy from Liam of the Irish-American Killers!
I hope you enjoyed this little help guide and a link for more help including TURF MAPS is posted here.
Many Thanks to GamePressure for offering up some interesting information featured in this guide, you've done us all a favour!
Good Luck in your life as a Drug Lord in CTW,
Edited by DannyLee94, 23 April 2010 - 09:48 PM.